Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling good about Madrid. I'm getting my fastest times as :59's, but they aren't consistent yet. More likely 1:00 or 1:01. But theres less turns here than Suzuka, so less for me to practice.

Any tips on that last turn? I'm taking it in 2nd gear, but I feel like im losing alot of time still.

I think someone ran a 58.1xx Friday night after Suzuka.

I think the key to turn 3 is getting slowed down early enough to get a really good entry. That is a really long straight after that turn, getting to the throttle as quickly as possible is a must. If you can get slowed down and straightened out quickly, you should be back on the gas relatively early and avoid that wall on the right. I think turn 2 is where we will see the most 1 car wrecks. That is a really fast corner that is a blast when done right, but deadly with an error.

Hey guys. I've updated the results and points standings in the OP's. Sorry for the delay, I was at Kentucky Speedway for the Indy Car race. You can find the posts in the links below:

Click Here for the Capp Cup Race Results

Click Here for the Capp Cup Points Standings

I haven't had a chance to do any practice at Madrid Mini yet so I'll be hosting a practice session this evening around 6 or 7pm EDT so we can do some tuning and practice races. I'll post details here this evening when I know for sure what time I'll be one.

For those that are interested, here was my view at the track yesterday.

kentuckypano.jpg

I think someone ran a 58.1xx Friday night after Suzuka.

I think the key to turn 3 is getting slowed down early enough to get a really good entry. That is a really long straight after that turn, getting to the throttle as quickly as possible is a must. If you can get slowed down and straightened out quickly, you should be back on the gas relatively early and avoid that wall on the right. I think turn 2 is where we will see the most 1 car wrecks. That is a really fast corner that is a blast when done right, but deadly with an error.

I've been playing with my two capps: Same setup, just one doesn't have the chassis reinforcement fitted. I can hit 58.3 in both but the one with the reinforcement seems to be more consistent.

And that second corner is an absolute swine to get right! A very good test of braking skill and keeping the momentum going.

Has anyone done any long runs at this track? I've done a couple of 25+ lap runs and find that the tyres seem to go off a bit around lap 19 and then come back again: First time I did this long a run I set my fastest lap on lap 23!

If anyone wants a practise on Wednesday evening, I can host. There is server maintenance between 7pm and 8pm UK time so can I suggest we try for 8:30 UK time?

The lounge is open for practice. I'll be around for an hour or two doing practice at Madrid Mini, anybody's welcome to join. If we get enough people we'll do some practice races.

Last edited:
RDAardvark
I've been playing with my two capps: Same setup, just one doesn't have the chassis reinforcement fitted. I can hit 58.3 in both but the one with the reinforcement seems to be more consistent.

And that second corner is an absolute swine to get right! A very good test of braking skill and keeping the momentum going.

Has anyone done any long runs at this track? I've done a couple of 25+ lap runs and find that the tyres seem to go off a bit around lap 19 and then come back again: First time I did this long a run I set my fastest lap on lap 23!

If anyone wants a practise on Wednesday evening, I can host. There is server maintenance between 7pm and 8pm UK time so can I suggest we try for 8:30 UK time?

Thanks for sharing the test of chassis reinforcement.

I have a little deal for my fellow drivers:

My Golf Cup series is having this season finale this weekend right after the Capp Cup race. Any Capp Cup driver who hasn't previously made a Golf Cup start can race this weekend, and if they win, they get a car of their choice either from my collection of standards, or a premium car worth up to 500,000 Cr.

Drivers may qualify any time during the week (qualifying will be done WSGTC-style, a race will be started, you have a lap to warm up and another to set fast time.) The race lounge will open for final practice immediately after the Capp Cup race, gridding will begin at 3:55, and the race will begin at 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4). The race will take roughly an hour.

Regulations and series information can be found at the link above or in my signature.

I too did a brief test with my chassis reinforced car. It isn't broken in and I only ran 15 laps. I never broke under the mid 59s (I did hit a 58.7 the other night in the regular car...but most consistently in the mid to low 59s). I liked how the car turned and handled turns 1 and 3 better. I think with a little bit of work it will be the car I run this week. I was very consistent with it, just need to find some more speed to keep at least with the middle of the pack.

I've had similar experience with the stiffened and unstiffend chassis. At the preseason Tsukuba race I was able to run the same lap times in either car although the stiffened one actually felt tighter and felt like it was cornering better, it didn't translate into lap times. I ran both at Suzuka as well and again, although they felt different, lap times were about the same.

I'd suggest trying both as one may suit your driving style more than the other.

Some of you guys ran a test session tonight at Madrid? I ran a few laps at a time tonight and could never really get any heat in my tires. Did anyone else notice that? Is that just a Madrid thing, or was it my connection?

Since the big curb on the middle corner is out of play and the corners are basically flat and smooth, you can stiffen the suspension up a bit for this course, if you haven't already. I have my springs over 11 front and back.

^ that (tire temps) happens when I'm alone in my lounge (or last Tuesday, when I had connection issues). In Brandon's lounge today tires warmed-up like in 1-2 laps.

Yeah, I think the tires dont warm up when you're alone for some reason. I tried scrubbing them with some drifts and got them red, but they just went back to dark blue. Took me around five laps to get them light blue.

What I've noticed on tracks like this, regarding tire temps, is that the Capp has a hard time getting any heat in the tires due to the long straights. You build up most of your tire heat in turns, on a track like Madrid Mini you spend a lot of your time going straight with brief instances of turning. During the turn you build up a little heat but most of it will dissipate down the straight so by the time you get to the next turn you're right back where you started.

That being said, I've not noticed much issue because of it. My tires never got super warm at Madrid Mini last night but I didn't seem to be suffering from lack of grip or anything. I was able to fly through the second turn and put the power down early coming out of the final turn so I didn't have any worries about the tires. But at a track like Suzuka East it's a different story, you're pretty much constantly building heat through the esses and after about 2-3 laps the tires would really come to life!

Online lobby > Private Lounge

Tires come around better, much better.

But randoms tend to make online lobbies a pain.

Yep, the Capp's always attract a lot of random's and I hate dealing with them. Plus the Cappy's are so light and low powered that that even an Open Lobby isn't much improvement. But if the new Spec 2.0 update bring the ability to have some sort of password protected Online Lobby we will for sure switch to that method. Tires will warm up a bit quicker, connections are a bit more stable and only the host can start races. Plus the ability to boot riff-raff like Owens. :dopey: (kidding) I'm not holding my breath for this feature but I don't think it's hoping for too much either. I could care less what they do to A/Bspec as long as they bring some good online improvements. But as always, hope for the best and expect the worst. :lol:

If you guys are worried about tires not warming up - bump your toe settings for the tires in question (and fix changes in car behavior via some other setting).

If you guys are worried about tires not warming up - bump your toe settings for the tires in question (and fix changes in car behavior via some other setting).

Bump the toe settings which way, positive or negative?

Hey guys. I've updated the results and points standings in the OP's. Sorry for the delay, I was at Kentucky Speedway for the Indy Car race.
::snip::

For those that are interested, here was my view at the track yesterday.

kentuckypano.jpg
Nice view. I gather you have a camer that does panoramic shots? As for me, I was sitting a mere 16 rows from the track across from where Takuma Sato's pit box was at The Brickyard. :)

Practice did not go at all well for me last night. I totally clocked iforce and Lancer due to my experience - i.e. total lack thereof - at Madrid Mini.:ouch: I was too used to the full configuration from the Trans-Am race the other day to get used to the shorter configuration at the time. I'll probably be needing a lot of practice this afternoon before the race tonight.

Bump the toe settings which way, positive or negative?
Does not matter. Other suspension adjustments will have to be appropriate though. So, if you make your rear toe +1, compensate induced understeer by raising front (lowering back) suspension for example.

Nice view. I gather you have a camer that does panoramic shots?

I used an app on my iPhone called AutoStitch that can combine photos to make a panoramic shot. That photo is 8 different photos stitched together. It's a great app, you just select the photos and hit "stitch", it does all the rest.

Here's one from Mid-Ohio.

midohiobackstretchpano.jpg

I always practice in an open lobby, with a setting of 2 for number of participants. My tires never warmed up more than one shade no matter how many laps I ran. And I'm running slightly positive toe front and .2 in the back and still no warm up. I think it's a connection/PSN thing.

The race lounge is open for practice! Qualifying will start at 7:45pm EDT sharp so try to be on time.

Last edited:
StigsHero
The race lounge is open for practice! Qualifying will start at 7:45pm EDT sharp so try to be on time.

Doubtful I will make it. Machining parts still. Ugggh

Doubtful I will make it. Machining parts still. Ugggh

Our CNC operators say (sarcastically) all they do is hit the "GO" bottom and twiddle there thumbs...if only you had a GT5 setup at work. Running long programs or short ones?

Blind829
Our CNC operators say (sarcastically) all they do is hit the "GO" bottom and twiddle there thumbs...if only you had a GT5 setup at work. Running long programs or short ones?

2:51 cycle. No time to rest. Sadly I do design, program, and run the parts. I need a good operator however need steady work to hire one. However this is the third op on these parts.

54d31541.jpg

Whew, that is a short cycle. I feel your pain...got to wear many hats these days if you want to make any money...

Id like to apologize to anyone I ran into tonight. I had a great time, even if I did sabetoge my 3rd place finish in the first race. That track is so tight I thought the race was going to be a mess and things got a little tense tonight. Just remember, its just a video game.

Blind829
Whew, that is a short cycle. I feel your pain...got to wear many hats these days if you want to make any money...

If I had more to do I would set up my other vise and ran 4 parts per cycle rather then two. I could of maybe done 6 with two vises. 150 part order. Not huge by any means. However very glad to have the work. CAT valve spring spacers for CAT themselves. So if they like the parts. Hopefully they can keep my spindle humming!

Torzilla
Id like to apologize to anyone I ran into tonight. I had a great time, even if I did sabetoge my 3rd place finish in the first race. That track is so tight I thought the race was going to be a mess and things got a little tense tonight. Just remember, its just a video game.

This makes me glad to have missed the race. Hehehe. I sometimes get mad. However it's more a selfish thing and I know this. So rather then act a fool. I usually quit before making a scene. Cool down and no grudges. As you said it's a video game. I found COD is excellent place to vent. Shoot many people and you can cuss a lot. Seems to be par for the course with in COD. Hahaha

Well, that was ...uhm... different.
I'm glad Monaco is an enduro, not a two-race thing. Rome should have a bit more room in corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back