Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The races will be approx 50 miles. I have lap counts on the OP.

Looks like getting the times sorted is going to be the most difficult thing for us. As is the way with most leagues. I'm chewing on a couple ideas about how best to address this.

How about this: 1 race on Tuesday's around 8pm EDT, 1 race on Fridays around 9 or 10pm EDT and 1 race on Saturday around 4 or 5pm. Those are examples, we could swap days/times, but I'm thinking those 3 time slots will fit drivers from Europe, East Coast US and West Coast US. I'd could host the 2 earlier slots and one of the alternate hosts could run the later time slot, and I have no problem with the drivers who need to run in the later time slot working out a day/time amongst themselves that works best. I'd still do all the record keeping and administrative stuff for all 3 nights, the alternate host would just have to make sure everybody plays nicely and then send me the final results (cell phone picture of the results screen would probably be easiest.)

I would recommend the following, based on the days you stated below:

Tuesday 9:30 pm ET
Friday 8:00 pm ET
Saturday 4:00 pm ET

Less chance of social events on Tuesdays so Tuesday could be better as the later race.

Based on the last Cap series, not as many showed up on the weekend, by the way.

just asking is this us time zone because it helps for me if you put US or UK or something like that so i know the time zone ok

Thanks Turbo. All the times I list will be Eastern Daylight (Eastern Standard in the fall) times since I live in Indiana, United States.

st1sj, I like the times you've proposed but I think a couple of the people who voted for the Tuesday night race might not be able to participate that late on a weeknight, that's why were looking at around 8pm EDT for the start time on the day that's a worknight for a lot of us. I feel like we're on the right track here though, the PSN being down is a small blessing in some ways because it's giving us a little time to sort this out. We should be gold once it's back online. :)

Brandon

Hi can everybody put their best lap times on Tsukuba circuit just to see how fast everyone can go ok I will start 1:07.170 currently
Times for tsukuba:
Topban82:1:07.170

Last edited:
I am assuming st1sj suggested those times because the 9:30 start is more suitable for those EDT people who don't have to have an early night, but he has alloted the Friday 8pm slot for those who aren't able to race on the Tuesday.

I'm just wondering if there will be enough drivers for 3 days of racing. That is 48 drivers if fully gridded up. Depends on what the minimum number of drivers should be on any given night.

1st Race Day Choice - Tuesday, as long as the race is done by 9PM EST, I'm one of those people who have to wake up early.

2nd Race Day Choice - Sunday 3PM-6PM EST

All day Friday & Saturday, and Sundays before 3PM, are completely out for me personally during the Summer time, too nice outside as well as prior engagements. Monday-Thursday 5PM-9PM EST is open for me if it helps.

I hope to get you my color choices this evening.

Thanks for the work Brandon. If you can't make the league work with my schedule I'd more than understand.

1st Race Day Choice - Tuesday, as long as the race is done by 9PM EST, I'm one of those people who have to wake up early.

2nd Race Day Choice - Sunday 3PM-6PM EST

I agree, this would be ABSOLUTELY perfect for my situation, don't know about you guys! :sly:

Yeah, his reason for suggesting the later start on Tuesday's is a good point. I happen to know that a couple of the people who voted for that night wouldn't be able to run that late though. We'll get it straightened out.

I'm not looking for a full grid on all 3 nights right now, but if we could get at least 7-8 for each night to start with I think that would make for some good racing and give us room to grow. If I have my choice I'd like to limit the number of drivers per night to 14 because having a grid that's slightly less than full helps minimize connection issues and lag. This will all depend on how many people ultimately sign up though.

Since I can't modify the poll, let's follow Blind's format and everyone post their 1st and 2nd choice for race night. This will help me get things straightened out and help me decide which alternate host(s) can run the later time slot. Please copy/paste the following with your chosen days/times:

1st Race Day Choice -

2nd Race Day Choice -

Brandon

9:30 seems a little late for a weeknight, but I could swing it. The other two proposed times look fine. Racers, don't forget it's being set up over 3 days with the intent that each person involved will be able to make at least one race. Though we are allowed to participate each night, it won't be necessary. I am in EDT, but having one late night race is necessary to accommodate the west coast. I prefer the weeknight races, but so far any of the times mentioned fine with me. Sunday would be the only difficult day for me. I think your doing great so far Brandon, try not to pull your hair out figuring this schedule

I would prefer Tuesday 9pm, but have no objections to 8pm either.

A 9pm finish would mean I could still join Toscana Tuesdays, 450pp Street Car Club or even spend some quality time with the wife *gasp*

But like Blind said earlier, I am happy to forgo my entry into the series due to incompatible timing if it suits more people. (But from what has been discussed so far, it seems like Tuesday 8pm is a lock anyway).

1st Race Day Choice - Tuesday 8pm start (or 9pm start if it is an option)

2nd Race Day Choice - Friday 8pm

#33 watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n): (NOT YET PAINTED)

I'm torn between voting for Saturday 12-3 & 3-6, but I like Saturday best.

1st Race Day Choice - Sat 3-6

2nd Race Day Choice - Sat 12-3

I would love a Sun evening. (ie: starting after 5pm) But that wasn't an option.

1st Race Day Choice - Tuesday 7PM - 8PM EST (12PM - 1AM GMT+1) I have days off on Wednesday so I can probably stay up and maybe race at this time as well, cause I'm hardcore. lol!

2nd Race Day Choice - Saturday 4PM - 6PM EST (9PM - 11PM GMT+1).

Would also accept Fridays, but would probably get in the way a bit more for me really.

Also, just a side question, has anyone picked a passionate pink Capp yet? And if not, why?! :D

I would love a Sun evening. (ie: starting after 5pm) But that wasn't an option.

Stay tuned, the options for the poll are just kind of a starting point. We're looking to have a West Coast Host that may be holding some of the races later in the evening so Sunday evening may still be a possibility.

Thanks for adding your times guys (and girl!), with just the few posts you've made this afternoon about your available times I'm already starting to get a better picture of what the schedule will be. With all of us working together like this we should be able to have a solid schedule soon I think.

Thanks again for all your help and input! I knew running a league would keep me busy, but wow!! lol So far I'm loving all of it though! I knew getting times figured out would be the hardest part, always is, but we're making good progress here. 👍

Brando

Know I'm already up there but thought I'd make it official -
Sohnvonstig (GTP_SOHNVONSTIG) - Nurb. Blue Metallic/ Rosso Alfa - #33

I think someone chose a pink capp with green rims. :lol:

I have the matte pink with matte green rims so the passionate pink is still available...

1st choice: Tuesday (as late as possible)

2nd choice: same as first choice (I have another race series on Fridays and I am not free weekend afternoons).

I have the matte pink with matte green rims so the passionate pink is still available...

1st choice: Tuesday (as late as possible)

2nd choice: same as first choice (I have another race series on Fridays and I am not free weekend afternoons).

Is 8(ish) EDT on Tuesday's late enough for you or do you need something in a later time slot than that?

StigsHero
Is 8(ish) EDT on Tuesday's late enough for you or do you need something in a later time slot than that?

Brandon, I may make it by 9pm and even that could be difficult. No reason to hold up Tuesday because of me. Thanks for asking though.

Ok, I've got both of you guys updated in the OP. I'll sift through here this evening to make sure I'm not missing anybody else. I'll probably also send out some PM's to people from the previous thread that haven't responded here yet, to see if they're still onboard.

I'm probably going to add a list to the bottom of the OP showing people's preferred 1st and 2nd race night choices so I/we can get a clear picture of what times are going to work out best. So keep those 1st/2nd night choices coming in. I could probably use 1 or 2 more volunteers for steward/alternate race host, preferably at least one West Coast-er that can host the later time-slots, in case myself or the other hosts have a schedule conflict arise. Always good to have more than one back-up plan. :)

Brandon

i can do probably

1st Race Day Choice - sat 12 to 3pm

2nd Race Day Choice - Sunday 12 to 3pm
i could be late for the Sunday one for about 15 to 30 mins ok

I'm grinding on a few interesting ideas here, but I have a quick question. There are 2 results screens, one as the race finishes and the one in the lobby where you save the replay. They show times, but are they your total time for the race or your fastest lap of the race?

Fairly sure it's the total race times with times to the next racer as well, however, I've forgotten what that screen looks like as I haven't been online in so long lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back