cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
United States
Los Angeles
Well I'm new to these forums. So hi. But anyways what are some cars you hate? Please vent out your anger and the reasons you hate or dislike them here. I hate honda civics, del sol, integras, crx, acura rsx. I don't like how these wanna be racer boys think they are so fast and think they are so cool in their car. I also hate the smart car. I don't know what engineers and designers came out with that but that thing is ugly.

Last edited:
Life is too short for me to choose cars I hate. There are plenty I'm not really keen on, but I can't think of any I actually hate.

Incidentally, a lot of people dislike the Smart, but if you cast aside pure aesthetics (which is already a hugely subjective field - I quite like it, since it's a neat bit of product design) they have plenty of virtues. They're there if you bother to look.

Likewise the Hondas you mention. All pretty good cars, even if some are spoiled by the people who drive them.

I'm quite sure plenty of people hate the sort of car that you own - if you own a car, that is. I know a lot of people hate my car (in fact, a lot of people hate most of the cars I've owned), but I suspect the majority have never driven one.

I might hate the crosstour, since it's not ridículous enough to not be taken seriously yet not very practical and very bad looking if you ask me.

I hate the Mazda MX-5 and the Nissan GT-R35, primarily because of the culture that surrounds both of those cars, but they both do have characteristics in of themselves that make them rather vile.

How I've been waiting for a thread like this to vent this out. I can not stand Cherys or Great Walls or anything from China. I don't know why anyone would buy them. They're cheap, nasty and you'd have a better chance of surviving a crash if you were in a Peel P50 instead.

bmw-x6-images.jpg

The BMW X6.
Why would you spend £50 000 on something that doesn't work, completely unnecessary, ugly, over priced, too big and is generally a hateful car.
Don't waste your money, save up a bit more and buy an M5. Practicality is just as good, incredible performance, good looks and you will own one of the best cars on sale today.

I think there are plenty of bad cars, but hate might best be reserved for that select group of people who can't drive/drive over-aggressively/make us want to run them off a cliff/etc. 💡

But nevertheless, the Cadillac Cimarron is a bad, BAD car! The one-vehicle statement about what was wrong with GM car design and philosophy (mostly this) 30 years ago...

Some Civics and Integras are actually very fast cars.

I can't think of any cars that I hate, each car is good in its own way.

I don't hate any cars, though I've never really liked BMW's just the look of them + the fact I always seem to associate them with drug dealers and aggressive drivers. You see a lot of drug dealer looking types driving old M3's in the UK. I know BMW's are amazing cars from a drivers point of view, but combine the styling (that I don't like) with the stereotype of the type of drivers you see driving them, and they are definitely not a car that I've ever thought "I want one".

As for those Hondas... well they are popular because they are all great cars, the VTEC engine is quite amazing in terms of reliability and makes an excellent starting point for tuners (168bhp stock for the 1.6), with the cars also being quite affordable it's no surprise they became so popular with young boy racers and tuners.

But for that exact reason the Honda Civic in the UK is an expensive car to insure, especially if you're the wrong side of 20 years old. Assuming a 17 year old here was even able to get insurance for a Vtec Civic he would be looking at around £4000 + per year, probably more.

I always wanted a Civic personally (my dad owned one when I was a teenager, and I loved it), but I guess it is the tuner/boy racer image that the car has picked up for itself along with the unusually high insurance costs that goes with it, that has turned me off.

Bopop4
Some Civics and Integras are actually very fast cars.

I can't think of any cars that I hate, each car is good in its own way.

Yeah but the fact they are ff is another turn off.

MSTER232
Welcome to the forums :).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate honda civics, del sol, integras, crx, acura rsx. I don't like how these wanna be racer boys think they are so fast and think they are so cool in their car.
Soo, you hate the people that drive them.... What's wrong with the cars again?

homeforsummer
Life is too short for me to choose cars I hate. There are plenty I'm not really keen on, but I can't think of any I actually hate.

Incidentally, a lot of people dislike the Smart, but if you cast aside pure aesthetics (which is already a hugely subjective field - I quite like it, since it's a neat bit of product design) they have plenty of virtues. They're there if you bother to look.

Likewise the Hondas you mention. All pretty good cars, even if some are spoiled by the people who drive them.

I'm quite sure plenty of people hate the sort of car that you own - if you own a car, that is. I know a lot of people hate my car (in fact, a lot of people hate most of the cars I've owned), but I suspect the majority have never driven one.

Speaking of life being too short, I know this from experience. Four months ago I was in the intensive care unit for two weeks, on life support systems. They had to sedate me the whole time. When I wake up first thing they tell me "you almost died, if your oxygen had gone 1% lower I wouldn't be here telling you". I had to take the semester off from college. Heck. It was suppose to be my last semester. Anyways I wanted to make some changes, in this second chance at life. I just don't want to hold anything back. Such as my feelings. My feelings of dislike and dissapointment, in these hondas (honestly street racers ruined them for me) Not saying they are bad cars, I just don't like them. Period. I don't think they are fast. Period. About the smart car, ugliest abomination ever brewed. As a mechanical engineering student, yeah its creative, but it lacks a certain appeal accompanied by the products of other car companies.

Perfect Balance
Soo, you hate the people that drive them.... What's wrong with the cars again?

Read above post

Pagey279
The BMW X6.
Why would you spend £50 000 on something that doesn't work, completely unnecessary, ugly, over priced, too big and is generally a hateful car.
Don't waste your money, save up a bit more and buy an M5. Practicality is just as good, incredible performance, good looks and you will own one of the best cars on sale today.

I think people get it as a status symbol

AMCNUT
I think there are plenty of bad cars, but hate might best be reserved for that select group of people who can't drive/drive over-aggressively/make us want to run them off a cliff/etc. 💡

But nevertheless, the Cadillac Cimarron is a bad, BAD car! The one-vehicle statement about what was wrong with GM car design and philosophy (mostly this) 30 years ago...

You are probably right, the people who drive them ruin the car

Last edited by a moderator:
2002_Alfa_Romeo_166_Gold.jpg

This.
With it's stupid lights, and it's stupid grill, and it's stupid bonnet and it's stupid bumper, all accumulate into one stupid droopy face.

bomb.gif

sleepgo.gif

Last edited:
I hate square cars such as the Nissan Cube, Scion xB, Kia Soul and the Honda Element.

Cars that look like bricks are not cool. The designs should've incorporated some curves to liven them up a bit, then they wouldn't look like Postman Pat's van.

Other cars I hate:

EVs like the Leaf and i-MiEV- too expensive, range too restricted and ugly
Dodge/Chrysler Neon- Absolute awfulness in design, SRT4 isn't any better
Old Ford Ka- cramped rear legroom, too slow and badly made
VW Beetle Mk2- Too girly particularly with flower holder on centre console
Nissan Micra C+C- Bad car made worse, absolutely wretched in pink

I hate SUV's CUV's and luxury pickup trucks. Honorable mention to appliances like the Toyota Camry, Corolla and Prius. Well I

17786.jpg

Who need something that big ?

2013-Toyota-Venza-Front-Side.jpg

You want a wagon in North America ? Well here's take that high riding, boring, ugly and less economical... eeuuuhhh...thing instead.

2013-Ram-1500-front-1024x640.jpg

And that takes the title of my most hated vehicle. Those big useless trucks are everywhere in my town. A truck is a work tool, so how could you work with fancy leather seats and huge 20 inches chrome rims huh ? You look like you're overcompensating for something...

Read above post

So... because you feel they aren't fast (even the ones that are) and because they are FWD?

Who need something that big ?

You'd be surprised how many people do. Even things bigger than that, like the Ford Excursion, fit a very defined niche even before soccer moms started buying them.

A truck is a work tool, so how could you work with fancy leather seats and huge 20 inches chrome rims huh ? You look like you're overcompensating for something...

I shudder to think about how you feel about sports cars.

Toronado
So... because you feel they aren't fast (even the ones that are) and because they are FWD?

As an engineering student, they weren't designed for such. And if it's going to be heavily modified to the point where it is actually fast, it looses it's base engineering that the manufacturer had, and becomes whatever the person who modified it made it into. Plus some things might be out of balance with the increased torque, torsion, vibrations, that some parts weren't designed to put up with. That most people might overlook.

As an engineering student, they weren't designed for such. And if it's going to be heavily modified to the point where it is actually fast, it looses it's base engineering that the manufacturer had, and becomes whatever the person who modified it made it into. Plus some things might be out of balance with the increased torque, torsion, vibrations, that some parts weren't designed to put up with. That most people might overlook.

Well any standard production car that's heavily modified inevitably gets away from the original idea that the manufacturer had, not just Hondas.

88FoxBodyFan
Well any standard production car that's heavily modified inevitably gets away from the original idea that the manufacturer had, not just Hondas.

I know. That's why I didn't single out hondas in that reply. But usually other heavily modified cars were designed as sport cars, unlike most hondas ( exceptions, nsx, some si civics are pretty neat) but all others. Just no

I guess you've never heard of an ITR, or a Spoon Civic for that matter.
Around the 200hp mark, FWD is just about as fast as anything else, if not faster.

Bopop4
I guess you've never heard of an ITR, or a Spoon Civic for that matter.
Around the 200hp mark, FWD is just about as fast as anything else, if not faster.

Heard of em. Still hate them. I would rather be back in the hospital on life support then to be around one

R1600Turbo
Wow, you're a character.

Well I created a thread because I wanted to see what cars people hate. Sorry if your a honda fan. But nothings going to change the fact I don't like them.

Back