cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
Goshin2568
I guess that's where our opinion differs. If that's how you really think the general population looks at Priuses, or even hybrids in general, than your viewpoint makes sense. In my experience, from the things I've read and the people I've talked to, that is not the case. I believe most people buying the Prius are either eco-nuts or serious fuel misers who believe they are too good just to buy an old CRX.

Who gives a rat's behind what the general public thinks, anyhow? Last I checked, most people like their car, don't know much about other cars, don't really know much of anything about the auto industry, how they work, who invented the basics of a car, et al. The public buys cars and consumes them, and vote with their purchases...therefore, they get to dictate a lot about which models stay and which ones aren't renewed by their sales success.

A lot of the automotive press is just as guilty of using "mullet" references to Camaros and Mustangs, "Whole Foods" to most Subarus/Volvo/hybrid owners, et cetera...see the "what does a car say about its owner" thread for more tired examples. If you want to really know anything about a car, drive it, then talk about it. All else is just repeating opinion as fact.

I can't find a CRX that doesn't look hideous or has too many miles on it, and they were last made over twenty years ago. Here's a clue...the general public doesn't buy many twenty-year-old cars; that fact is borne out of sales figures. Don't get me wrong, the CRX would be a great idea, it's as much of a car as probably 25% of America needs for transportation, but no automaker has seriously tried that idea in America, in well over a decade, and that's even counting the del Sol.

Tough to find a CRX that hasn't rusted to the ground, yet. Besides, the Civic VX is the eco-weenie king for people too sissy to get behind the wheel of a Geo Metro. Unfortunately, Honda can't make a new Civic VX, as it'd fail the NOx test with flying colors.

No. Given a set of data, mean and mode are not the same thing. If I recall, the Ford F150 is the 2nd most sold car ever, but would you call that an average car?

Of course not. Because the F150 is a truck.

Let's put it simply, how do you want to define "average"? You want to define average as the average size and 0-60 times for all cars on the market? Where do you draw the upper and lower line? Do we count supercars? Do we count UTVs (which are road-legal in some states)? Do we count the millions of old Volkswagen Beetles on the road that can barely hit sixty in less than half-a-minute?

If we're going by all the cars on the road, old and new, the average car of thirty years ago hit 60 in over 13 seconds. The average car today does it in 9.6 seconds. (as per the EPA, based on 2010 models) If we measure all cars on the road, old and new, the Prius has a good chance of coming out faster than average.

But if we count only new cars, the Prius is, get this... 0.1 seconds slower than average. Average based on all models. I wanted to go by mode, which would at least support your position more, but you objected. :lol:

I do hate the Civic Hybrid. It's a terrible car and a terrible choice if you want a hybrid. But at least it's a 🤬 sight better looking than the Prius.

So dislike the Prius for the way it looks, then. That's a perfectly acceptable reason to hate a car which isn't really slow (absolutely average), uneconomical or unpopular (third best selling nameplate in the world).

Guys, this is supposed to be a good laugh, revolving around differentiated tastes, not opinions.

Instead we've had multiple posts of people arguing (by arguing I mean the people who know what they're talking about, losing it with people who post uneducated nonsense). I suggest you just ignore them and continue posting some tasteless metal. :)

Last edited:
Nero9
I'm not a fan of Nissans because of the ludicrous amount of them in GT5 and because my father also drives one.

Ohh man.

Edit: Instead of hate, I should have used "dislike, not fond of" or something like that. Now that I think about it hate is a really strong word. My apologies to everyone. I created a monster. Frankenthread.

One thing I can agree on though is that the Prius is ugly. But it is expensive. Unless the combination of lease payments, repair and maintenance, gas, is lower than a less expensive car, it doesn't make sense owning one.

Last edited:
First off, I think based on some of these comments that you all mistook my sentiment completely. Maybe it was misuse of the word hate. The only reason I said hate in the first place is it happens to be the title of the thread. Truth is, I "hate" a lot of cars. Most, actually. I'm using "hate" as a synonym for "don't really like" not "dislike this car with a burning passion"

Secondly, the suggestion of the CRX was an exageration. The fact that some are tryin to take apart my argument on the basis that the CRX is not a viable option is ridiculous. My point was, if saving money is so important that you are worried about getting 50 mpg, then why on earth are you spending over twenty thousand dollars on a car?

My point was, if saving money is so important that you are worried about getting 50 mpg, then why on earth are you spending over twenty thousand dollars on a car?

>

...two decades of safety advances, two decades of refinement advances, two decades of equipment advances, proper interior room, proper rear seats, proper luggage space, performance not at all dissimilar to those early 50mpg CRXs, new vehicle warranties, un-rusty bodyshells and other things

I don't think I've ever hated any car or car manufacturers before. The most you'll get out of me is not caring for them for the simple reason that they just don't appeal to me. Mitsubishi is a good example of this. Nothing ever in their lineup, other than the Starion and 3000GT (until I learned what money pits they were), has ever done it for me.

These people are really buying a Prius instead of old CRXs, simply for its green image? Rather than the two decades of safety advances, two decades of refinement advances, two decades of equipment advances, proper interior room, proper rear seats, proper luggage space, performance not at all dissimilar to those early 50mpg CRXs, new vehicle warranties, un-rusty bodyshells and other things?

Obviously saving money wasn't that big of a priority then was it?

Fact of the matter is, if you are desperate to spend as little money on your car (cost + fuel), buy something cheaper than a Prius. If you want a nice car and you are willing to shell out for it, but also want good fuel economy, buy something nicer than a Prius.

Here's a summary of my point, I'm tired of arguing this, and I rather prefer to stop cluttering the thread. I think the Prius is a pointless car. In every imaginable circumstance I can think of one, if not multiple, cars better suited for the job. I believe reputation and other factors have made it an immensely popular car, and that there is a better car out there for almost any Prius owner. That is why I "hate" it.

Fact of the matter is, if you are desperate to spend as little money on your car (cost + fuel), buy something cheaper than a Prius. If you want a nice car and you are willing to shell out for it, but also want good fuel economy, buy something nicer than a Prius.

Here's a summary of my point, I'm tired of arguing this, and I rather prefer to stop cluttering the thread. I think the Prius is a pointless car. In every imaginable circumstance I can think of one, if not multiple, cars better suited for the job. I believe reputation and other factors have made it an immensely popular car, and that there is a better car out there for almost any Prius owner. That is why I "hate" it.

So what does the prius do poorly when compared to other cars? If you want much better MPG, you're going to have to go much more expensive. If you want good mpg, but still a lot less, you have to give up a lot of content and a lot of room. People who buy these cars don't care about acceleration either.

So what does the prius do poorly when compared to other cars?

Beside handling, ride, room, and looks?

If you want much better MPG, you're going to have to go much more expensive. If you want good mpg, but still a lot less, you have to give up a lot of content and a lot of room. People who buy these cars don't care about acceleration either.

Let me give you an example. 2007 Camry Hybrid. You can get one in fantastic condition for about $13k. It's bigger than the Prius, drives better, rides better, looks better. And guess what, driving around 12k miles a year, it would take more than 12 years of owning the Prius to regain in fuel savings the money it initially cost to buy one (2011, base model).

It's also used, which completely destroys the comparison. How much money would it cost me to get a 2007 Prius instead? Because KBB says a shade over 13k for a nearly loaded one in excellent condition.

It's also used, which completely destroys the comparison. How much money would it cost me to get a 2007 Prius instead? Because KBB says a shade over 13k for a nearly loaded one in excellent condition.

Well, yes, but my whole argument is that the Prius is too unrefined to be considered "good" other than it's economy. Taking it back 6 years and a generation makes that even worse. I'm saying that a 2007 Camry is still nicer and more refined than a 2013 Prius. So if it's better in pretty much every way, and economy is negligible since you are saving about $10k to begin with, why not get it? (or something similar, this was just an example)

Honda sports cars and Mitsubishi eclipse. I hate the fact they can be really Freaking nice cars especially hondas!

Just that they get riced up so Freaking hard.

No eco-car handles well. Skinny, eco-tires aren't exactly the best at going around corners, but really no one is going to be driving a Prius in anger. They handle fine at normal city driving. Ride? They ride like any other small car. Room? The Prius is very roomy inside for a car of its size, we had 3 people plus the drive with our luggage in one and we had more than enough room. Looks? Completely subjective and has zero impact on whether it's a good car or not.

Let me give you an example. 2007 Camry Hybrid. You can get one in fantastic condition for about $13k. It's bigger than the Prius, drives better, rides better, looks better. And guess what, driving around 12k miles a year, it would take more than 12 years of owning the Prius to regain in fuel savings the money it initially cost to buy one (2011, base model).

Comparing used to new isn't comparing apples to oranges now is it? If you bought a new Toyota Camry Hybrid it's more expensive and would still take a long time to balance out with the additional initial cost. If you bought a used Prius you'd still come out ahead of a used Camry Hybrid.

Honda sports cars and Mitsubishi eclipse. I hate the fact they can be really Freaking nice cars especially hondas!

Just that they get riced up so Freaking hard.

:lol: What is this? 2003?

Well, yes, but my whole argument is that the Prius is too unrefined to be considered "good" other than it's economy. Taking it back 6 years and a generation makes that even worse. I'm saying that a 2007 Camry is still nicer and more refined than a 2013 Prius. So if it's better in pretty much every way, and economy is negligible since you are saving about $10k to begin with, why not get it? (or something similar, this was just an example)

There's always something better when you go used. Always. The 16 grand KBB for the Camry can get me a hell of a lot better car than a Camry Hybrid if I'm not too worried about fuel mileage, so why bother with one? If I did a little wheeling and dealing I could probably get a dealer to let a 2007 Acura TL go for that much; and that is also much better than the Prius and the Camry in every way other than its economy. You simply cannot bring used into it.

Another hateful looking car:

Audi-TT-Coupe.jpg

I like the face of the new(er) TT, but that^ one is really horrid. Especially with that idiotic 'nose'/grill and the bloated proportions.

Goshin2568

You're incorrect on room, unless you're hauling 40% of a basketball team's starting lineup in the back row. I've seen plenty of fatties getting out of Priuses. As a rental car, it had no problem with my full-size luggage, both backpacks, and a week's worth of groceries. And it was still vaguely half full.

Ride - this is actually a personal choice, but this is a place where the Prius is more than adequate. The ride is neither too firm nor too soft, isn't jarring over highway expansion joints nor bumpy roads. I've driven the Camry and Corolla over several hundred miles, and even I think the Prius is a tad more refined than both of them, in terms of ride. My feeling is that the suspension and damping motions have less free play and somewhat lesser range, because it sits lower to the ground.

Handling - nobody would compare it to anything remotely sporty. Likely the worst of any non-SUV out there. With almost no steering feel, would you really want to?

Looks - subjective, rather homely...but at least it's function over form. Ugly for the sake of "design" or worse yet, "design language" is a venial sin.

Last edited:

Yer really no ball s#%t was 150bhp but new turbo /air intake / engine chip / and over hall The rest of the engine to much to list but it is worth every penny iv put in her now to chrome her out and I'll be a happy chappy 

Another hateful looking car:

Audi-TT-Coupe.jpg

I like the face of the new(er) TT, but that^ one is really horrid. Especially with that idiotic 'nose'/grill and the bloated proportions.

I quite like the old TT. A bit small and tame compared to the newer one, but still a good car in my opinion.

Ferrari 599
ferrari-599-11.jpg

Ferrari Daytona
tumblr_lzpeytR2ab1qanlclo1_1280.jpg

Again, just another personal opinion based on looks. ;)
I just think that, based on what Ferrari can do....
1959_ferrari_gt_sells_on_ebay_for_3.26_million.jpg

....they just look really unpleasant.

Last edited:
bmw-x6-images.jpg

The BMW X6.
Why would you spend £50 000 on something that doesn't work, completely unnecessary, ugly, over priced, too big and is generally a hateful car.
Don't waste your money, save up a bit more and buy an M5. Practicality is just as good, incredible performance, good looks and you will own one of the best cars on sale today.

But is this right, though?

Back