cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
Ferrari 599
Ferrari Daytona

You could have actually picked Ferraris that are... well... ugly. The Daytona was pretty flashy looking for the time, the 599 is heaps better than the 612, and the 250GT is classically proportioned.

Some pretty ungainly Ferraris:
2012_ferrari_ff_actf34_fe_503121_717.jpg

2006_ferrari_575-zagato_f34_fe_503122_717.jpg

1997_ferrari_f50_f34_fe_503121_717.jpg

You could have actually picked Ferraris that are... well... ugly. The Daytona was pretty flashy looking for the time, the 599 is heaps better than the 612, and the 250GT is classically proportioned.

Is the first picture the FF? I think Ferrari came up with that to compete with Porsche's Panamera. Yeah they are sort of ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the first picture the FF? I think Ferrari came up with that to compete with Porsche's Panamera. Yeah they are sort of ugly.

FF does not compete with the Panamera. Besides, I love the styling of Ferrari in general, but people like to hate on the brand for many reasons.

While everyone is more than entitled to their own opinions, I do think most Ferraris need to be seen in the flesh for a few minutes to really see all the styling cues Pininfarina goes for in the new cars.

Of course the FF is far from the prettiest, but it does look better in person. And though it has no relevance to people's view of the design, owners seem to agree its one of the best Ferraris to drive.

The F50 I can not & will never agree to. I'm in the rare minority that find it one of the greatest Ferraris ever made.

McLaren
While everyone is more than entitled to their own opinions, I do think most Ferraris need to be seen in the flesh for a few minutes to really see all the styling cues Pininfarina goes for in the new cars.

Of course the FF is far from the prettiest, but it does look better in person. And though it has no relevance to people's view of the design, owners seem to agree its one of the best Ferraris to drive.

The F50 I can not & will never agree to. I'm in the rare minority that find it one of the greatest Ferraris ever made.

Yep some look better in person.

The FF is one of those hate it or love it cars though. Honestly I think their ideas about moving the engine is ridiculous and made that car's drivetrain pointless. Example look up Jerome Clarkson driving it in the snow. It isn't really bad looking. Just pointless.

Also I agree with the F50 I think it is one of those great ones too. What a great offspring of the legendary F40. I think the F40 is my favorite of them all though

The F50's mechanical execution and some of the details are fantastic. But the way they tied the design together was horrible.

Mind, this is not saying anything about the worth of the cars in question. It's just that if you were to call any Ferraris ugly, these would be on most people's lists.

My most hated vehicle is the 1998 Ford Taurus.

Not just the fact that I had a bad personal experience with one two years ago that I almost died in. Long story short the throttle stuck and i ended up hitting a tree at 45MPH which sent it's firewall forward and more less literally ripping my right foot off my leg. Plate and 14 screws and almost two years later it is torcher to stand on my feet for more than a hour.

Plus not to mention the bubble shape everything that was its design. Ugly the only reason I bought the thing was because I needed a car right then

Honestly I think their ideas about moving the engine is ridiculous and made that car's drivetrain pointless. Example look up Jerome Clarkson driving it in the snow. It isn't really bad looking. Just pointless.

I'd be interested to know how you came to that conclusion. Did you not thing 'Jerome' Clarkson's test was a little ridiculous itself? I suspect most owners aren't going to drive it at speed on a frozen lake. Many may do something similar to this, however (the snow, not the farm off-roading...), at which the FF excels because of its "pointless" transmission.

homeforsummer
I'd be interested to know how you came to that conclusion. Did you not thing 'Jerome' Clarkson's test was a little ridiculous itself? I suspect most owners aren't going to drive it at speed on a frozen lake. Many may do something similar to this, however (the snow, not the farm off-roading...), at which the FF excels because of its "pointless" transmission.

Hahahaha... You took this the wrong way. I was using Jerome Clarkson's test as a example. Which I personally wouldn't drive a Ferrari in the snow. But what is the point of the car? The honest point of its four wheel drive system? Get what i mean...

Plus I have seen one in real life but certain angles it does look good. But from the side at a angle to the back it looks awful.

I don't know if this has been posted before but I think that this car is just a waste of time/money/space.

A Yugo!

Hahaha I blanked that car out my mind .......

one of my mates brought one for £35 and we rolled it flipped but it kept going dam thing hard to kill but a tree put the end to it at 27mph and tree kissed Yugo and Yugo was so happy he started smoking then got all hot and flames coved it and next thing blue flashing lights and fire men putting Yugo out and that was then end of that .poo car but hard to kill LOL

ADzstat

one of my mates brought one for £35 and we rolled it flipped but it kept going dam thing hard to kill but a tree put the end to it at 27mph and tree kissed Yugo and Yugo was so happy he started smoking then got all hot and flames coved it and next thing blue flashing lights and fire men putting Yugo out and that was then end of that .poo car but hard to kill LOL

Hahahaha

Well, the thing is, I actually like the F50, and the 2nd one also has a certain charm (am I right in saying it's a one-off Scuderia special, which was created when someone crashed their car and had it rebuilt?). I agree with you on the FF though Niky; whilst the prospect of a Ferrari 'hatch' is interesting, it's still Fugly. :)

(oh, and I was complimenting the 250 in my post. I meant that if Ferrari could design something as nice as that, then there's no excuses for the other two. :))

I've saw the FF at the Honda Indy Toronto in 2011 and though while I can't complain about the power and performance, the looks are a little bit iffy to me. It's almost as if Ferrari looked at the design of the BMW Z3M Coupe and said 'This shall replace the 612, lets make it a bit bigger.

Dear everyone: It's entirely possible to quote Niky's post without quoting every image he posted too.

Hahahaha... You took this the wrong way. I was using Jerome Clarkson's test as a example. Which I personally wouldn't drive a Ferrari in the snow. But what is the point of the car? The honest point of its four wheel drive system? Get what i mean...

The honest point of its 4WD system is to do exactly the sort of trip as in the video I linked you to. The sort of trip that previous Ferrari owners would have done in their [insert brand of luxury SUV here] instead because their Ferrari wasn't capable of it.

You say you "wouldn't drive a Ferrari in the snow". Some people who actually own Ferraris may want to, and previously haven't been able. Now, they can.

Aside from the awkwardly shaped vents in the fenders behind the front wheels I actually like the shape of the FF, I know it's odd and unconventional but maybe that's the reason I like it.
Ferrari's I hate as for how they look are the eighties Mondial (dull), 360 (blunt), 550 (now, that didn't age well) but most of all the current California, it's just plain hideous.
I remember Peter Stevens (the designer of the McLaren F1) describing it as an odd combination between a TVR and a Lexus when it was launched which to me was spot on.

Dear homeforsummer, only two people have quoted the post by Niky. So, I don't see any real issue. ;)

3x. And Niky's post is on this page too. So we get to see the same 3 pics 4 times. Pretty pointless quoting them. Removing them and placing words instead of pics is easy.

Dennisch
3x. And Niky's post is on this page too. So we get to see the same 3 pics 4 times. Pretty pointless quoting them. Removing them and placing words instead of pics is easy.

Not on the phone app

Haha. Sounds like a Geo Tracker or a dang volvo. You would get killed in it before the car quits on you. LOL

homeforsummer
It's quite possible to edit out pics on the phone app, too.

Haven't figured that out hahaha... Funny I can do things probably you have never heard of on computers and networking but simple things like that hahaha nope

Yep some look better in person.

The FF is one of those hate it or love it cars though. Honestly I think their ideas about moving the engine is ridiculous and made that car's drivetrain pointless. Example look up Jerome Clarkson driving it in the snow. It isn't really bad looking. Just pointless.

Also I agree with the F50 I think it is one of those great ones too. What a great offspring of the legendary F40. I think the F40 is my favorite of them all though
Or you could watch Tiff Needell's review, which gives a much better explanation of the car & how amazing it is. He even tells you why it was made.

Plus I have seen one in real life but certain angles it does look good. But from the side at a angle to the back it looks awful.
The point of the car was to carry on Ferrari's ability to cater to those who want a "4-seater" Ferrari, which the 612 did decently well at.

McLaren
Or you could watch Tiff Needell's review, which gives a much better explanation of the car & how amazing it is. He even tells you why it was made.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeGiewXwvk">YouTube Link</a>

The point of the car was to carry on Ferrari's ability to cater to those who want a "4-seater" Ferrari, which the 612 did decently well at.

I have to admit though at least it doesn't look like that piece of garbage which is that four door Porsche I took this on my way to work one day....
2012-04-10_16_22733_zpse0068122.jpg

That is a complete eyesore

The Panamera is a bit of a bland design, but in black with the RS Spyder design wheels, SportDesign package, & the spoiler up, it does look miles better than the base model.

Taste is absolutely personal indeed, for I absolutely love the styling of the FF. Only saw one in flesh and it looks absolutely stunning. It's not meant to look like a coupé, it's a goddamn wagon and it excels design-wise as one. It's a niche car and one that really makes sense to me.

The Panamera on the other hand it's pretty ordinary to look at, though I agree with McLaren that it looks miles better in darker hues and riding on sportier wheels. If Porsche restyle it to look like the Sport Turismo Panamera it would fix it's only notable fault.

McLaren
The Panamera is a bit of a bland design, but in black with the RS Spyder design wheels, SportDesign package, & the spoiler up, it does look miles better than the base model.

Haven't seen one in black with that package I guess i will go onto the Porsche website later and see.

Back