Championship cancelled due to parents, extremely slow internet..

these results were with the stock cars ? or 400bhp and 1200kg weight ?

400hp, 1200kg weight, 25/40 f/r aero, no turbo (will probably be disallowed as the only car I don't remember has turbo is BMW, all others have none) and no suspension tuning. So there's a bit of variables but the cars as standard are close enough to be called even :)as you can read from the 2 other tests (Indy and Monza) I did, no car seems dominant

lol i might be not good as you guys are :)

It doesn't matter. As long as you don't drive backwards, or intentionally hit people, we won't mind. :)

400hp, 1200kg weight, 25/40 f/r aero, no turbo (will probably be disallowed as the only car I don't remember has turbo is BMW, all others have none) and no suspension tuning. So there's a bit of variables but the cars as standard are close enough to be called even :)as you can read from the 2 other tests (Indy and Monza) I did, no car seems dominant

We're allowed suspension tuning, right? But, you mean to say that you didn't have a setup?

It doesn't matter. As long as you don't drive backwards, or intentionally hit people, we won't mind. :)

We're allowed suspension tuning, right? But, you mean to say that you didn't have a setup?

First part is 99% true, it's touring cars so a small amount of rubbing is ok but intentinally crashing other cars off the track and similar is not ok :)

Suspention tuning is ok, I meant adding a turbo. Tbh I found out yesterday that the BMW I was using had turbo lvl 3 installed but I reckon if it has made a big difference the BMW would only be a litte bit slower than what the times say, shouldn't be too much (if all else fails then the BMW will be allowed turbo but let's see what happens in preseason) :)

i found some results using these 4 cars
1200kg , 400BHP, 25/40 f/r aero Racing hard tyres
orovg4.jpg

i never drove the M3 race car in GT5 :(
TBH Audi A4 is good overall

That's with offline physics, which mean next-to nothing online.

If you want to test for lap times for an online racing series, you have to run in an online lobby. GT5 has two different physics models, between online and offline.

Therefore, I'm going to believe that your lap times are 1-2 seconds slower, since the lap times are always 1-2 seconds slower online. Therefore, it makes no real difference. :)

Tried the cars in the lobby
Abt Audi TT-R 1:29:765
CLK Touring Car 1:28:852
Opel Astra 1:28:878
Audi A4 1:29:982

I'll be testing these cars out tonight soon as I get home await results plz'

Last edited:
Tried the cars in the lobby
Abt Audi TT-R 1:29:765
CLK Touring Car 1:28:852
Opel Astra 1:28:878
Audi A4 1:29:982

I sense an Opel vs. Mercedes battle. :)

The A4 & TT-R need a better tune, also. That one second gap is just a poor setup. I've gotten my A4 & TT-R to run the same lap times.

I'm not done with my accel testing but so far here's the numbers:
All cars ran at 400hp @ 1200kg Racing Hards, Stock Tranny set to 174mph, DF 35/60

0-1/4 | 0-1 Mile | 0 - 60 | 0 - 100 | MAX G-Force

0:11.836 0:29.913 0:03.615 0:07.881 0:87G - BMW GTR

0:12.010 0:30.032 0:03.808 0:08.109 0.82G - AUDI S4

0:11.790 0:29.915 0:03.549 0:07.826 0.90G - AUDI TT

0:11.941 0:29.946 0:03.808 0:08.010 0.83G - ASTRA

0:11.938 0:29.912 0:03.812 0:08.001 0.82G @ 35/60 DF - BENZ CLK

0:11.945 0:29.912 0:03.812 0:08.001 0.82G @ 50/70 DF - BENZ CLK

So rally was right these cars come pretty well balanced. It will be left up to driver and chassis design, but watch out for the Benz's extra down-force!

Top Speed & Tire Wear Test coming up next, If needed?

You're welcome to do more testing if you want everybody but I think the point has been proven nonetheless :)

And I have a track I want to introduce to you all. Me and Iceman were driving it yesterday: A track that looks a little like Hockenheim with the major difference being the section before the real start line has had a little more corners and the start line and the Mercedes Arena has swapped places so the start line is after the Spitzkehre, but it's great fun. Even got the pointing of the track map almost correct! :D

Not right now but I'll put it online later today. I think it's my Brands Hatch Indy track that's online now :D (yes I have a Hockenheim and Brands Hatch Indy replica. PD should hire me to make these things :lol: )

I call lies. I want to see them *before* downloading. :lol: The track creator's useless for duplicating braking points, curbs, and elevation change.

I call lies. I want to see them *before* downloading. :lol: The track creator's useless for duplicating braking points, curbs, and elevation change.

Of course it can never get as good as the original (because it really IS a generator) but, without intending to start a war on when things are realistic, I think they look fairly close to the real ones :)

So why is it that we aren't running a full nürburgring course?

They don't do in real life. And the tracks that had been planned were making the season as close to real as possible. It'll likely change though :)

Yo guys I not sure if you guys watch Mobile 1 The Grid, but on this weeks segment they were down at sim raceway doing an interview, with the sim guys and they claimed that it only takes 3 to 5 days to laser scan a complete track. For whatever reason why pd gives us a track every few months I don't know but you can beat in the future as long as the competition stays around we can expect a lot of tracks in the future with this game. Not to go on too big of a rant, but since we run 8 to 12 week long series, we get a new track by the end of our series anyways. That's why I like running series versus online sprint mode!

Also Rally can we plz do at least a 100km race, or two 50km. I"m going to be getting a lot of pratice in, and GTTRL is going to be done for a couple weeks!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about 100km distance (entirely depends on how long getting the room up and finishing qualifying takes as my parents limit me to 1 hour a day [unless when I'm at my dad's place where the only limiter is my brother]) but I just finished a 50k test and if we come season hurry to the lounge and get startet asap 75 or more km (I recon about 125km would be possible if grid is decided on reverse championship points?) should be possible :)

BTW I almost have the Barcelona Track generated (the older layout not the one the F1 is currently useing).
Some parts are wrong but its fun though.
I´ll test the difference between VX and Opel (at Nürb GP/D).
Specs are 400hp and 1200kg right ??

Back