Championship cancelled due to parents, extremely slow internet..

Yeah, it was really fun yesterday. As I said, the cars are pretty well balanced :sly: So you did see the look-a-like in the track :lol:

Edit: I'll hopefully bring up some photos in the weekend, we had some really nice battles with strong slipstream :D

Next time we'll try on mediums just to see how much more grip there is. If that feels good too, we'll use the Mediums for the championship :)

With the new tire model, I give your decision a big thumbs up! 👍

Any word on pre season date and track fellas?

Well, if someone can do me the favor of downloading and sharing my Hockenheim track (reason: 2 systems and tracks cannot just be transferred by USB.. Fix it for 2.09 PD!) there's a chance of Friday around "BTCC time" (or in normal language, 7 PM bst) :sly:

In general I'm online mostly around 6 PM bst, and if you see I'm "available" and playing GT5 you can just ask :)

Last edited:
GTRRL final round is next weekend, after that I'm open season on this DTM project and finishing strong with Bankfin series. I'll download your track tonight and give it a go Rally!

GTRRL final round is next weekend, after that I'm open season on this DTM project and finishing strong with Bankfin series. I'll download your track tonight and give it a go Rally!

It's actually a really fun track. I was astonished at the resemblance.

But, rally, could we test once, also, without the slipstream strength on strong? It felt weird following in the draft, without losing the front downforce. Slipstream strength on strong can affect the realism of the handling, in a small, slight way.

By all means, it's your series, but, I'm just giving input, based on what I felt.

We will have more tests, a possibility is today at around 7-8 pm bst time. And we'll test WITHOUT strong slipstream :lol:

Wow I really need to pull my head out of my A55H0LE! Lol, new DLC track, hockenheim, nice, but, its still not bathurst,

Wow I really need to pull my head out of my A55H0LE! Lol, new DLC track, hockenheim, nice, but, its still not bathurst,

No, Bathurst is next project :lol: I have Hockenheim, a Brands Hatch Indy, one that looks (very) little like Silverstone, so next is your favorite (I think?) track.

Also check out the updated OP 👍

Edit: There is not going to be a test today. My brother and his friend managed to take it hostage again :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah Dave. Figure out your internet.

GT5 released a huge "Australia Pack" with Bathurst and Fords! YEAH!
Okay, I'm lying/bribing you to sort out your i-net.

Bathurst was confirmed...

Makes sense since I watched the segment on Mobil 1 the Grid about laser scanning and generating a track within 5 days. Bathurst will be great, but I'm really waiting for Silverstone baby!

Righty, time to begin the process. There will be a 100km test race in my lounge tomorrow at race time. If you can, show up! The more we can get racing, the more you'll know about the others driving style, AND we'll get a pretty accurate result of how the cars are balanced and how long it will take to complete a race

@rally, put me down in the TT as Abt sportsline bud, see yall next weekend hopefully,

Done. Also quite strange to call a team "Mobil 1 Motorsport" when the car doesn't have Mobil 1 as sponsor :)

Ah lol, that was part of the idea of the w.m.a teams championship when niz had it, hence the roll over, I don't know what happened to that idea, I never understood it lol

Makes sense since I watched the segment on Mobil 1 the Grid about laser scanning and generating a track within 5 days. Bathurst will be great, but I'm really waiting for Silverstone baby!

I liked the old layout of Silverstone.

I'm expecting to see a few series running Motegi, Silverstone & Bathurst all in one season... Maybe a WMA season. 💡

As I can count 1 participant is online, I'll cancel the test which should have started. Now you'll know this is when the races will start

What time are these races? All I know is it's on a Saturday 18.00 but which time zone? Im assuming GMT+1?

Edit: Ok it is GMT+1 18.00, 1am on Saturday is no problem for me so I will likely join this with JoeTruckV8 in the BMW M3 if he is ok with it.
I might not be able to make qualifying every time though, is that alright?

Last edited:
Righty, time to begin the process. There will be a 100km test race in my lounge tomorrow at race time. If you can, show up! The more we can get racing, the more you'll know about the others driving style, AND we'll get a pretty accurate result of how the cars are balanced and how long it will take to complete a race

Prior to your post rally, there hadn't been a post in this thread in the previous 6 days ... I had checked everyday and when I didn't see any activity, I figured people were on vacation or something. Then 1 day before a race, it's announced and I missed it even though I was probably playing the new F1 game at that same moment and would have loved to have run a DTM race :)

OK, lot has happened:

@ Phil Bell, the races are at 18:00 bst, which as you said is basically GMT +1 (when we change to winter time it'll be 18:00 gmt so it shouldn't change too much :) )

Qualifying is not a problem, remember you have a week prior to the race to contact me and MrMelancholy15 to arrange your personal qualifying session. Otherwise you'll just start from the back :)

I'll put you up for the BMW 👍

And for all of you, there's gonna be another one this Saturday, race time and distance, to see if the distance can be done in about 45-50 minutes (that's the time you should expect is the max. Dam parents controlling gaming :lol: )

Time

Don't think about the specific day but this should give an overview :)

Edit: Looks like 10 in the morning (wtf are you doing at 2 in the morning :lol: )

Having a pint and sxrewing around on gt5 haha. Thanks time zones confuse the hell out of me haha

Time zones confuse the hell out of me haha

👍

Whenever people ask me "what's this in PST?" or similar "americanized" time zones (no offence bud) I'm all lost. Why not just say something like "ok, it's 3 pm for me now, how many hours to start?" and then I could say "if the time is 3 pm your time then there's X hours to start". Would make things a lot easier :)

👍

Whenever people ask me "what's this in PST?" or similar "americanized" time zones (no offence bud) I'm all lost. Why not just say something like "ok, it's 3 pm for me now, how many hours to start?" and then I could say "if the time is 3 pm your time then there's X hours to start". Would make things a lot easier :)

Right on, ya that makes sense haha

@rally, is this "preseason" race going to be before or after WRC? In which for me is saturday night/ sunday morning,

rallymorten
OK, lot has happened:

@ Phil Bell, the races are at 18:00 bst, which as you said is basically GMT +1 (when we change to winter time it'll be 18:00 gmt so it shouldn't change too much :) )

Qualifying is not a problem, remember you have a week prior to the race to contact me and MrMelancholy15 to arrange your personal qualifying session. Otherwise you'll just start from the back :)

I'll put you up for the BMW 👍 )
Thanks man, I will PM Joe and hopefully I can get some seat time with the car. Does anyone know how I can get one?

Also, has the season started yet?

@Dave, the WRC is delayed a week due to changes in weekends at my place so the first 2 rallies will be back-to-back :)

@Phil bell, nope, we haven't started yet. Still time to get used to the car :) you can get it in the UCD and, if PD is kind enough, in the OCD at some point. I don't know if you can get it from a ticket but I suppose you can.

@phil, I will see if I can send you the car, but I fear it might over the credit limit,

@ mel and @rally, is there really talk of bathurst and silverstone coming to GT5, or are these created tracks?

Latest Posts

Back