Clean Road Car Racing LeagueOpen 

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 641 comments
[...] Surely it was amazing back on those days, in comparison now... well, we've got diesels winning, and that's enough. Please Porsche, bring back on 1st place a car powered by the correct fuel this year!

About the Le Mans madness (a bit more recent) I remember a great story in Evo Magazine from some years ago, it was about Turbo in motorsports from the past, and this was an interview with Mark Blundell:
[...]

Yeah, I'm routing for Porsche too, even if I drive an Audi too. Competition is good. :)
I've tried to find an article on why Porsche choose an four cylinder V-engine instead of six or more cylinders, or a flat/boxer type. Rumor has it they have vibration problems, which seems like an inherent predictable challenge with four cylinder engines. I'm definitely not a car engineer, so I don't know why.
Also, I would love for the cars to sound like this! The Ferrari 125 S, 125cc V12...

I mean, c'mon - that is one lovely sound! :D

Edit: About the Group C Le Mans cars... That's just crazy. Riding in a soapcup with a rocket engine? :nervous:
I read that when the Mulsanne Straight was uninterrupted, they had to lift off twice to stop the turbos from melting. And there was a risk at every crest that the car would get airborne.
Even earlier, when they were learning about downforce and so on, the wings put so much pressure of the rear wheels the front barely touched the ground and the steering became floaty... at 300 km/h! This is something I'd like to experience in GT6, but I haven't got nearly enough credits to buy the Le Mans classics. I better get to doing those Seasonals again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm routing for Porsche too, even if I drive an Audi too. Competition is good. :)
There are increasingly insistent rumors about a Ferrari comeback in the top class at Le Mans too, because new F1 rules about engines and power units should be good for that kind of endurance racing, with some modifications. Words from Montezemolo, Ferrari chairman. And since F1 has strict budget limitations, they've got some spare millions to spend (financial crisis?what?where?) according to some other rumors. I really hope this happens, Ferrari vs. Porsche battling hard again on track at Le Mans...this doesn't need other words to describe it.

I've tried to find an article on why Porsche choose an four cylinder V-engine instead of six or more cylinders, or a flat/boxer type. Rumor has it they have vibration problems, which seems like an inherent predictable challenge with four cylinder engines. I'm definitely not a car engineer, so I don't know why.
It could easily be a marketing choice too. Surely there are a lot of engineering reasons, but these days marketing has at least the same importance as the engineering in these kind of choices.
Ferrari for example; Turbo engines in F1 in the 80s? Turbocharged Ferrari road cars (288 GTO, F40, etc.). Turbo banned from F1? Ok, they announce that turbo isn't the way to go, Ferrari heritage is only about naturally aspirated engines. 2014, turbo back in F1. 2014, turbo back in a Ferrari road car, the California.
Porsche is going to put a 4 cylinder engine on their small cars like the Boxster. And while launching it, using words like "developed according to our Le Mans experience" surely sweetens the pill of having such a "mainstream" engine on a Porsche.

Edit: About the Group C Le Mans cars... That's just crazy. Riding in a soapcup with a rocket engine? :nervous:
I read that when the Mulsanne Straight was uninterrupted, they had to lift off twice to stop the turbos from melting. And there was a risk at every crest that the car would get airborne.
Even earlier, when they were learning about downforce and so on, the wings put so much pressure of the rear wheels the front barely touched the ground and the steering became floaty... at 300 km/h!

Surely Mark Webber will ask engineers to put huge downforce on his car this year, whit his return at Le Mans with Porsche... considering that he had also experienced this:

The flying Australian, literally:)

Going back to topic for a moment, Spa in the R8 was huge fun. Let's hope to have more of it tonight, with a large grid.

I allways say that about Mark Webber, Marco, the "Flying Mate" :)
I will join you tonight, but i don´t know if i can join at 21h GMT, maybe around 21h30.
So you start and when i got home i´ll join.

See you later mates.

There are increasingly insistent rumors about a Ferrari comeback in the top class at Le Mans too, because new F1 rules about engines and power units should be good for that kind of endurance racing, with some modifications. Words from Montezemolo, Ferrari chairman. And since F1 has strict budget limitations, they've got some spare millions to spend (financial crisis?what?where?) according to some other rumors. I really hope this happens, Ferrari vs. Porsche battling hard again on track at Le Mans...this doesn't need other words to describe it.

It could easily be a marketing choice too. Surely there are a lot of engineering reasons, but these days marketing has at least the same importance as the engineering in these kind of choices.
Ferrari for example; Turbo engines in F1 in the 80s? Turbocharged Ferrari road cars (288 GTO, F40, etc.). Turbo banned from F1? Ok, they announce that turbo isn't the way to go, Ferrari heritage is only about naturally aspirated engines. 2014, turbo back in F1. 2014, turbo back in a Ferrari road car, the California.
Porsche is going to put a 4 cylinder engine on their small cars like the Boxster. And while launching it, using words like "developed according to our Le Mans experience" surely sweetens the pill of having such a "mainstream" engine on a Porsche.

Surely Mark Webber will ask engineers to put huge downforce on his car this year, whit his return at Le Mans with Porsche... considering that he had also experienced this:

The flying Australian, literally:)

Going back to topic for a moment, Spa in the R8 was huge fun. Let's hope to have more of it tonight, with a large grid.

Ferrari in the top endurance series would be fantastic! I hope they do it. :)

You have a point about the V4 engine for marketing, but it leaves me disappointed in Porsche if that really is the reason. They are fast becoming a competitor to Audi, Mercedes, and BMW, instead of Ferrari and Lamborghini. Macan, really? :(

I feel a little bad for posting this, why the new Porsche LMP livery makes sense: :lol:
1896819_10153926344980193_704683042_n.jpg

About C4:7
I had bad luck and was bumped from behind into someone at the very first corner, breaking my front suspensions. It didn't drive too bad, still kind of symetric, and I thought I'd just go for it. It did however impair my turn-in and braking, and I might have made a bad call staying on track until lap 10 to fix it. Oh, well... Still, I had a bit of racing with fellas in the back of the field, but it could have been more enjoyable.

In C4:8
all went much better! It's a wider track that all of us know from GT5 at least, so everybody was much more confident and gave space where needed. I got the lead early, but marco managed to slip by. Least and mephi was all around me, until Least and I touched and somehow broke Least's car. Sorry Least, it was so light I don't even remember it and have to check the replay. Then mephi was behind me for a couple of laps, but I just couldn't keep him there. Excellent fight, mephi!
ushu was my next close quarter opponent then, but the fight ended when he pitted on lap 8 (I think), while I stayed on the track through lap 10 before I pitting. Exiting the pit lane in 3rd position I had ushu behind me again, and it was a great chase for 3rd place until the game network LAG decided to bend me over exiting Pouhon for the last time, slamming ushu's car fiercely into mine, breaking the engine, suspension... I was bust! Sputtering towards the finish line Least passed me too at Stavelot, it was just a terrible way to end an otherwise fantastic race.

I believe me driving without brake assist is screwing up people's races. I brake a lot earlier than most of you, and I think it's a bit of a problem. To me it is, as I sometimes overshoot my brake point chasing you. :P

We had a good size grid with ten drivers in the first race, all excellent and respectful drivers. Thank you to all who showed up. :cheers:

Bathurst 2h next! We'll see what I'll bring, but the car to beat for me is the RGT. I'll set my first practice lap times in it... :D

Edit:
Just a thought, if Polyphony Digital have the Formula Gran Turismo for a fictional F1 series, why not make more for other time periods?
BEMNUG9CAAA3GSD.jpg

Last edited:
I drive without ABS, Vuja. Your brake points look about right to me!

Great racing last night from all who were there, good work. At Ascari I had a pretty epic race with Ushu for the win; but it turns out that it was only because he was delayed by a pit-stop bug that he came out of the pits behind me. DOH! Still, we were evenly matched throughout. I had a brief gardening trip do to the removal of the braking reference I'd been using (a cone :)), and Ushu had invisible wall issues - it kinda evened out :)

Spa - well, I expected to do well, but couldn't reliably drive with the damage that I picked up from a nudge with Vuja early in the race, so I had to pit and that was that. Considering I took an additional stop, I was OK with finishing 30 seconds behind - the additional stop was longer than that, indicating to me that I'd have been in the fight for the lead if the extra stop stop hadn't been required.

All in all, good races, a good grid, good clean (and considerate) drivers. Let's keep it up!

About C4:7
I had bad luck and was bumped from behind into someone at the very first corner, breaking my front suspensions. It didn't drive too bad, still kind of symetric, and I thought I'd just go for it. It did however impair my turn-in and braking, and I might have made a bad call staying on track until lap 10 to fix it. Oh, well... Still, I had a bit of racing with fellas in the back of the field, but it could have been more enjoyable.

It was me, sorry. Actually, it was lag's fault. I don't like easy excuses and I usually take responsibility when I make a mistake, but that I think it wasn't the case. I had a cautious start, just focusing on avoid troubles in the first chicane. I was reasonably far from any other car on the entrance, until your car suddenly appeared, completely stationary, in front of me. Half a second before, you were at least a couple of car lengths ahead. There was nothing I could do.
My first laps were a bit messy but eventful, battling with a pack of drivers at the back. Then Rockspeny smashed me into a wall while I was overtaking him, surely he didn't see me or he misinterpreted my intentions (it was in a straight line).
My car was wrecked and the race was over, but my pace wasn't good anyway, so no huge regrets.

About Spa, I had benefit with the Vuja-Mephistos battle behind me while I was in the lead and the gap was slightly increasing till 5 seconds. Then I started to struggle a bit with tire wear and Meph was catching me rather fastly. So I've decided to pit on lap 8, or 9, hoping that the tire bug after a pit-stop wouldn't have appeared. My hopes went in vein and the bug appeared...it wasn't so evident but without mistakes I was lapping 1,5/2 seconds slower than my pace at the beginning. Basically the same pace Meph was maintaining with his worn tires. In fact he rejoined behind me after his pit-stop, at the same gap we had before stops. I've tried my best to hold the lead but he was faster than me and I had to give up on the last lap. On paper my strategy was right, I should've build a good gap on new tires while Meph was still out with tires 9-10 laps older than mine, but I couldn't because tires weren't as good as in the first stint (classic driver excuse :)). Anyway Meph was faster than me on equal conditions, so a deserved win indeed for him.

It was great to see such a good grid of drivers, thanks all who participated.
Edit:
Just a thought, if Polyphony Digital have the Formula Gran Turismo for a fictional F1 series, why not make more for other time periods?
BEMNUG9CAAA3GSD.jpg

Absolutely. It would be great to have a basic model for let's say every decade. And as colors, liveries reminding the ones of real F1 cars of that decade but without real sponsors and names. This doesn't require expensive licenses.

Hi!

Ascari: Great race for sure very close all the time as gaps between drivers were not too big. Battle with Least was great and again Mr Black Mamba bite me after my mistake on the infamous esses but as he said he went too long and I regained first position, and about the pit stop you know that was a totally unexpected bug but it is what it is. Anyway I think Least deserved the win as he held first position in style. By the way Least I saw your cone flying off on the main straight, that was wierd, I never thought the game physics allowed for a cone to be underneath the car and compromise your braking points and be spitted several hundred meters later.

Spa: I did not realized the race was at night and hence I did not feel comfortable with some braking points so I played it safe, moreover Eau Rougue was a pain and either I was slow or I went off the line several times. But the second part of the race was better and I could catch Vuja but then fatality, what the LAG!!! Vuja completely sideways and blinking so we crashed, I hate when this happens, so fustrating. By the way my pit stop was at lap 11.

I am happy becuase we managed to have a decent grid with almost 10 drivers and the competition was pretty hard. We are evenly matched on speed I think and this brings very good, close and clean races, first two laps at Spa felt like a real race, eclectic.

Always a pleasure racing with you guys and it is because of you that GT6 is a great game!!!!!!

Next race Bathurst 2h for the Grand Finale!!!! Great choice to finish the champ.

Championship edit: Added results from races C4:7 & C4:8.

ushu reigns supreme at the top, what a show! :)
Behind him it's closer, with marco 5 points behind Least, and Toni 6 points behind marco for second and third place.
Further down the table it's really close! mephi is tracing ante by only 2 points, and elen just 3 points behind mephi. I'm looking forward to see how that turns out too. 👍

I drive without ABS, Vuja. Your brake points look about right to me!

[...]

Spa - well, I expected to do well, but couldn't reliably drive with the damage that I picked up from a nudge with Vuja early in the race, so I had to pit and that was that. [...]

Oh, OK. Then I'm just too conservative into some corners. 🤬
I need to fix that. :sly:

It's weird, Least, as in my replay your car is undamaged! Very strange, but must probably be chalked up as another network error... :odd:

It was me, sorry.

[...]

Absolutely. It would be great to have a basic model for let's say every decade. And as colors, liveries reminding the ones of real F1 cars of that decade but without real sponsors and names. This doesn't require expensive licenses.

Looking at the replay, it was actually Rocks who bumped me into Toni in the crowded first corner, which caused my car to almost come to a dead stop. Well, such things happens and is part of the game, and while things like this do happen I still think it's worth using Heavy Damage in the league. :)

A Formula Gran Turismo '50 with skinny tyres, a lower cigar shaped '60, early aerodynamics crazy fat tyres '70, insane turbo charged '80? Yes, please! Could the current one be considered a '90 or '00 model? No matter, please, Polyphony Digital, model and add "historic Formula Gran Turismos". Please? :)

[...]
Spa: [...] the second part of the race was better and I could catch Vuja but then fatality, what the LAG!!! Vuja completely sideways and blinking so we crashed, I hate when this happens, so fustrating. By the way my pit stop was at lap 11.
[...]

Weird. When I look at my replay, your car simply warps two meters into mine. Clearly, the prediction algorithms failed to work on our brilliant close racing. :lol:

Oh, yeah, I misremembered, you pitted one lap after me. I did remember passing you while you were coming out of the pit lane and the racing that followed. Good stuff!

Last edited:
Hi guys :) My English is too bad to be able to debrief,(I can only understand ^^) but it was two great races, I really enjoyed being under pressure. I hope to succeed for the next races, and maybe I can target 3 first places in the next championship :P :)

Hi guys! Just wanted to say that every race I had in this league was nothing but joy. Surrounded with great and what is more important, fair drivers on the track is challenging and relaxing at the same time. I know I'm not the fastest driver out there but I try to compensate the lack of speed with other things.
The last race should be interesting, almost everyone has still something to gain or lose. I'll try to defend 7th position in the championship with Mephi and Elenor so close behind. Maybe to pull Schumacher/Hill move in the first corner? :-D
See you guys in one of free practices these days.

P.s.
Solved issues I had with connection which wouldn't happen without Daniel's tech support so hopefully I'll avoid being disconnected during the race ;-)

Last edited:
I was wanting to know if I can race along with the S.N.A.I.L race team. I am I good racer.

Are you asking if you can drive G.A.S.T.R.O.P.O.D.A. (j/k :P) races as well as our races? The answer is; Of course you can!

If you're asking if you can bring some friends from there with you into our races, the answer is; Of course you can!

We're actually just ordinary fellas who think pitting imaginary cars against each other on imaginary tracks, is real fun! :)

Hi Gedi.
At first the lobbies were terrible, on one notable occasion it took us an hour to get 8 people into the same lobby, with regular drop-outs, lobby restarts, changes of host and all the rest. We started a race only to get some other folks dropping out, and cancelled. We all were short of patience with it on that day.
Recently, however, they've been much better. We have still had the occasional person cut off, but not nearly at the same sort of insane-making level as a few weeks ago.

Championship edit: Finalised the number of laps to 55, mostly because of yesterday's rain. 55 laps is about a 2 hour race in the dry.

@ante81_hr: Thanks for helping out. :)

How have your lobby's been holding up?

Since I had a serious conversation with my ISP, it has been much better for me (and the lobby). 👍
I use Fixed Ownership to skip all(?) of the problems when not all drivers are visible on the track to everyone. It uses more bandwidth though.

About the race; yesterday I got in the zone driving around the track. I don't know how many 2.14 laps I managed in a row, but ten or so. Not the fastest, but at least I'm finally showing some consistency. :D

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

My fastest lap is a low 2.12, so I will have to work on it even more to compete with ushu and ante's 2.10s. I just can not get the braking to work perfectly from Skyline to The Dipper, or through The Chase (AKA Tiergarten 2.0). Well, I have 55 laps to teach myself on Thursday. :lol:
There's also a valid concern I'll have to do like marco and ask my pit chief to stock up on replacement suspensions and engines... :P Especially since half the race will be in the dark. As beautiful as the track is, some of my brake points and turn-ins are a bit shaky even in the daylight. :nervous:

I have noticed something irritating about the headlights: Only the ones on your car works! The only track (and therefore the best track for night racing) that I have found that have more cars with working headlights is La Sarthe, where the three closest cars to yours have working lights. I'd much rather have a little less track detail and more working headlights. Oh, well... Rant over. :irked:

Yeah we were having the same problems with lobby's GT6 lobby's are screwed. When will season 5 start?

hi guys :-), I haven't got time this week to prepare the race. I chose to run with an NSX Type R 2002 520pp/425hp, I didn't reduce the weight of the car. I think I found a good suspension set, my best time is 2,10,910. See you tomorrow :)

Yeah we were having the same problems with lobby's GT6 lobby's are screwed. When will season 5 start?

It seems some of the work done by Polyphony Digital has been on the back end, which was sourly needed. They're still not there yet (pit stop choices missing, weird weather, wear/grip different between tyre sets, micro LAG when someone pits, etc.), but soon I hope.

I have some ideas for Championship 5 that I'll present after the conclusion of 4, but when it'll start is not yet decided.
Before then there has been requests to do another 2(4)h of La Sarthe endurance race. Car(s) and regulations for that race is also still undecided.
The final race (C4:9) will be interesting as we've never done an endurance on such a short track before. Hopefully it will be racing for everyone all the time, regardless of your position. :)

PS. 2(4)h... Don't I feel clever today. :P

Morning Fellas.

Well, I had the worst race of my CRCR career last night. I knew I wasn't quick, but mid 2.12 laps were in reach in the MP4, so I thought I'd give it a go, as it has benign handling and excellent braking characteristics - always useful for pulling you out of tight spots!

So, for about 16 laps I was OK (ish) - no crashes, approx. 2.14 or 2.15 laps in the main, with a 2.12.6 thrown in. Then night came and I fell apart, I just totally lost it. More thoroughly than I have at any time before.

So, after several crashes and fixes, and quite often damaging my car on the first lap out of the pits again, I was at my low point, because I was internally moaning at myself so much that I drove past the pit lance entrance and started a new lap with a wrecked car. I saw someone coming round to lap me - again - on the first straight, don't know what it's called - so I got right off the track onto the grass, as I was having steering issues. So, I let that person past and then struggles to get back onto the track, having horrible, damaged, handling issues. Just as I made the track, at a ridiculous, steep angle, I saw (to my horror) 2 triangles on the radar bearing right down on me. I was sideways, right in the middle of the track, someone hit me - either Vuja or Ushu, I think ushu. The leaders, who'd been fighting it out for an hour and were only a fraction of a second apart. POW - all blown.

So, after struggling on for another lap or two, appalled, and still not able to stay off the walls, I quit out. I was just a liability, I was better not there. So, my first time quitting a race.

So, Vuja and ushu, I'm really very sorry - that was complete **** from me there, I don't know what the hell was going on. I think it was because my wife wanted an early night, so I wasn't in my usual place (which is a settep in my bedroom - I only have a small house!). I was in the living room, on a chair that turned out to be uncomfortable, with a new TV that is bigger and darker than I'm used to - it all span me out. I seriously could not drive 3 corners without bashing the wall.

I ruined someone's race pretty solidly, and caused mephis to spin - I felt terrible. Ah well, I'll do better next time.

:lol:

You know these things happens, we should remember it is just a vídeo game and the aim is to have fun so do not feel bad mate, next time will be better.

Vuja hit you and as I was within 1 sec I hit Vuja so it was a snooker playfield on that straight.

Race was not over per se but I lost a lot of time and somehow I was out of focus, then I somehow managed to catch the leader but I was 1min behind and pushing so hard then I lost it, and you know quite a lot of times.

My first 30 laps were pretty good, on the lead with some 7-8sec with Mephi behind, then I think he has an accident because my lead was 40 secs.

I chose a 1 pit stop strategy and when I left pits Vuja and me were side by side, epic moment.

Next lap 1 sec behind Vuja we had the accident and from that moment I was downhill mentally so I lost the car once again so race more or less over.

I am upset not for the accident but because somehow I was not able to focus on a comeback and gave up with almost 1/3 of the race to go.

A bit of anticlimax for the final race but it is what it is.

For the next championship I have some ideas, mostly low PP cars with comfort tires, classic car battles or similar on short tracks which I think will bring ver y close races, this mixed with high performance car/track combos will add variety, and what about some funny races with the Midget or similar????

Cheers

Firstly, to reiterate myself from last night; I've had fun! The all too brief moments the game works as expected, it works so well, and you guys makes it worth coming back to it. :bowdown:

Yesterday I had a pretty poor start, very carefully navigating to avoid everyone. I knew I didn't have the pace to really keep up, so I'd have to play the endurance game. I planned on one pit stop after lap 30 and hoped I could keep my pace at 2.13 for most of my laps. Ever the optimist, uh? :P

A group of four drivers pulled ahead right off the line, but the competition and pace was pretty fierce at the top, as it should be, so I decided to lay back a little and see what would happen. mephi, marco and I formed a loose group and slowly kept climbing up the field as the knife fight ahead was claiming victim after victim. After a while only ushu remained at the top of the field and it was an excellent fight for second place, that I eventually lost to mephi and marco. Crap! :)

Then darkness fell. I knew the sun set early, but man that has got to be the longest night in the history of league racing. It just wouldn't end! My memory is hazy (hurrah for replays!), but somewhere mephi must have pitted because with ushu's steady pace he after a while solely remained ahead (excellent driving, mate) and only marco and I remained to fight for second.
I was dreading The Chase each lap as I had trouble finding my turn-in in the dark and almost lost it into the sand pit several times. Nervewracking... fun! :D

Tired from concentrating so hard to try to keep my pace up and not screw up my strategy, I sighed with relief as a light rain started falling from the night sky bringing a sweet cool to the race. No... No, no, no, no, no! That's not true. I actually said "Åh, nej..." ("Oh, no..." in Swedish) out loud. :lol:
I still had a quite a few laps until my planned pit stop, so I looked at my lap times and thought I maybe could stretch the tyres to see if it would turn into a wet track and Comfort tyre time, to still only make one stop. I figured I could make it until lap 34 somewhere before my tyres would be down to half the grip (? - 5 on the little number). marco had an accident behind me I think, because I could no longer see him on the map.

Then, coming up along the pit straight on lap 27 (I think), I noticed ushu in the pit lane! Oh, yes... Now the race was on! I pulled into the lead as ushu came out of the pits. Strangely, he wasn't much quicker as I thought he would be, or he was just waiting for my pit stop for an easy pass. Whatever the case, it was tense, fun racing. For some reason I could keep the pace on the straights, and he'd catch me each time at Skyline / Esses / Dipper. So when the rain stopped and I checked my lap times going into lap 30, I wasn't expecting or saw Least swerve across the Mountain Straight.

Disaster! I crashed into him full force, and an instant later ushu crashed into me. Everything was suddenly broken, and the car was crab walking instead of driving. ushu passed me and we slowly, slowly both crawled towards the pits.
The rain had stopped so I put on Sport tyres, filled up enough fuel, and picked up the chase again. marco was on my tail, and some laps later at The Chase he missed his mark in the dark and slammed into my car, and engine number two had to be installed shortly after. By now my concentration was starting to drift, but I kept marco behind me somehow.

I think had lapped dani when he was in the pits, but anyway, we ended up side by side in Griffins Bend on lap 47-ish when he slipped on the inside line and bumped me lightly. My backup glass suspension broke, and by that I had to give up any podium position. mephi and marco were too quick and far ahead for me to catch them by driving, and they're too consistent to make large enough mistakes for me to catch them that way.

About half the starting grid passed the finish line. How about that for endurance racing simulation! :lol:

Anyway, I think it was a great race last night, for 29 laps it was excellent. Always chasing and being chased, for the first few laps in quite close quarter. It was very eventful and good as a whole. :)

Now it's Friday, have a brew fellas!
:cheers:

Edit:
PS. All this is from memory. Laps and names might be wrong. :)

Edit 2:
Oh, I had an annoying incident at Frog Hollow where the pit stop micro LAG caused me to lose it into the barrier and cost me another suspension and pit stop. The only one that can't be attributed to just racing. :irked:

Last edited:
It's like we did that race one month ago for me, the race was so full of events and I was so knackered that I can barely remember what happened. And I even put away the whiskey before the race!(that was a good one Daniel:))
I've really enjoyed that, as Vuja said there was always someone around to battle with. Even if there was a reasonably big gap, I've tried to stay always concentrated because nothing was obvious until the finish. My brain hasn't been very cooperative about staying massively focused for 2 and a half consecutive hours but surely it hasn't been a boring race.
I think that at some point everyone could have thought "if I stay out of troubles, I'll win this race, even with a slow and conservative pace". This not as positive thinking or to encourage themselves, but as a realistic analysis of what was happening.
During qualifying I hit elen, who was recovering after a touch with the wall I guess. I've tried an over optimistic overtake and hit him, probably damaging his car. Sorry about that, elen.
I could have taken a bit of advantage with my 4WD at the start but I've been cautious, as everyone did. Then, I think we had more than half an hour of relatively close racing, with 5 drivers in less than 20 seconds. Especially with meph and Vuja, I had a great time; alternating entire laps trying to close little gaps and some moments of good side by side battling.
After 20 laps into the race I was thinking that it was better than expected, by my calculations before the race I would have used something around 16 spare suspensions and 3 or 4 new engines. But I was almost at half the distance and they were all still in their boxes inside the pits. "Maybe it's time to call the team and order to sell some of them? A kit of racing suspensions is 20,000 credits, enough money for another MX5!":lol:
Anyway, night arrived and it was darker than usual, a lot darker. In fact, I did my first visit to a wall and consequent pit-stop for repairs. Only after a long period of racing almost blind, I've realized that the little icon between the dials was green and not blue. I did 10 laps on low beam headlights! Surely I should have noticed it before but I was focused on track and on the map, checking the gaps. Headlights have been always switched from off to high beams automatically, so I didn't even checked. Always, since the first day of GT5, I've never seen that intermediate choice in 4 years.
Maybe it was another little glitch like the one I've discovered while messing around at the end of qualifying; the horn wasn't working. Since I was driving a Gallardo, that reminded me Clarkson testing the real one. He ran out of fuel and was having trouble with the button that opens the inlet of the fuel tank. That button wasn't working, and because Lambo is owned by VW, his explanation was "the Germans done that (gesticulating and indicating the whole car) and at the end, they let the Italians do only that (indicating the broken button)":lol:. Probably in the GT6 version of the Gallardo the whole electric system is realized by Italians, as I found out.

Coming back to the race, I was suddenly in the lead because of the Least-Ushu-Vuja accident, but obviously I hit the wall half a lap later, on top of the mountain:banghead:. How to win a race, lesson number 1.

2/3 of the race done and I was chasing Vuja on the Conrod straight. I wasn't close enough for an overtaking attempt, so I lifted before The Chase corner, to avoid risks(I was usually flat there). The problem wasn't the speed but my line; I was too wide and brushed the grass with the left rear tire. At 290 km/h the conclusion is obvious, while spinning I've only had time to hope "please don't hit him". A second later we were both a long way into the gravel, with wrecked cars. I was so disappointed that I forgot to press Start button again in the pits after apologizing in the chat. The car was still stationary after the pit was done, because the game was in pause mode. Sorry again, Vuja.

Mephi had an amazing pace during the whole race and he has been really polite and fair in the short period he was close behind me, he was visibly faster but never did a single mistake or aggressive attempt. Really well done.

I've finished second but I'm sure Vuja deserved that place a lot more. If I'm right he wrecked his car 3 times and none of them were his fault. I've damaged my car 3 times as well but due to my mistakes, and that's a big difference. We were really close on pace; I was faster on top of the mountain, he was faster on the other parts of the track. That was a good mix, we were some seconds apart but enough to see each other on track and on the map. Meph was the leader, so I had to assume the gap...old-fashioned style; every lap checking Vuja's position on the map while I was under that bridge before the last corner. Some laps gaining, some other laps losing; Good fun indeed:)
Congratulations again to the new champion ushu! Third different champion in 3 completed championships we've done, good mix. As it was this championship, 5 different winners in 9 races if I'm not wrong.

About ushu's idea of putting together our thoughts for the next championship, it's ok for me. And in the same way, I've read that Vuja has already some ideas about it, so let's see them :).

A long post for a long, crazy race. A long post means a lot of grammar mistakes I'm sure. Sorry about my bad english.

Will you guys be meeting up for spot races before series 5 as I'd like to hop in and have some races with you and get to know you all :)

hello fellas,

My feellings are the same as Least´s.
nothing went right, and to add we´ve had the notice that the baby will be premature!!!
So, psicologicaly i was very very very down.
It´s like the world falls in our shoulders.
But iwill be ok, i pray for it.
Sorry for anything wrong i did.

Cheers felas

hello fellas,

My feellings are the same as Least´s.
nothing went right, and to add we´ve had the notice that the baby will be premature!!!
So, psicologicaly i was very very very down.
It´s like the world falls in our shoulders.
But iwill be ok, i pray for it.
Sorry for anything wrong i did.

Cheers felas
Hi Elen,

Important things come first no doubt and everything will be right with your baby, congratulations by the way!!!!!

About the race if keep focus at the dark Bathurst is just not difficult 'per se' I can't imagine with such news!!!

Hope to see you soon mate and wish you all the best.

Will you guys be meeting up for spot races before series 5 as I'd like to hop in and have some races with you and get to know you all :)

Hi Gedi,

We are racing on a nearly daily basis normally avoiding weekends, hop in whenever you can, you will not regret it, races are close, funny and very fair and clean.

Back