Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Not driven it at Le Sarthe at all yet, I not sure I've driven the 2005 version at all either :scared: Hopefully I'll catch you guys tomorrow :)

I was wondering what the difference was and realized on my first 'off'

The 2005 version of the circuit has little, to no, paved run-off areas; so a mistake may be more costly on Sunday :)

I was wondering what the difference was and realized on my first 'off'

The 2005 version of the circuit has little, to no, paved run-off areas; so a mistake may be more costly on Sunday :)

And you have to brake for Dunlop Curve in the higher powered cars because it's tighter. Basically, the Le Mans that noobs stay away from.;)

Tonight I may be around about 9pm, after my Camaro IROC Series has finished 60 laps of Daytona....

I hoped to be practicing on friday but I couldnt make it.. I should be able to get on after the race today for a little while though. If anyone needs some practice you're very welcome to join me 👍

Not sure if i can make it tonight, I left my car at a friends house, cannot collect it till my girlfriend gives me a lift when she leave for work at 8pm (WHICH SUCKS), i prob wont be home till about 9 so i might make the 2nd race if i can be botherd to set up wheel lol

Hi guys, might not be able to make it tonight, having to put a few extra hours in at work at the moment, but will try my bestest to get back home in time 👍

Hopefully see you lot tonight!!

Boooooooo you guys!

How dare you let life get in the way of Concours! :lol:

Actually I better keep my mouth shut, seeing as though I'm abandoning you all in a week! :dopey:

Looking forward to tonight gents. Lets try to be on time though eh, trying to keep it tight tonight. I've got some of that life stuff to be getting on with myself straight after the racing :grumpy:

Running in the car is really putting me away for participating in the races. I'm lazy you know.:P
Honestly I didn't have time for it this week.:indiff:

If I'll miss the next race please remove me from the drivers list. If I don't please don't remove me.:dopey:

I was looking forward to this. Till I got Disconnected right before race began. Sent polite message to Shin asking him to Please Wait, didn't work. :( *Huffs*

Last edited:
Sorry I could not attend, but my Camaro boys were tearing Daytona up in some fun racing.

Managed to race a bit last night but performed badly. Touched CptDisaster in 1st race start (apologies Cpt...) and tapped Firstmivec afterwards, made mistakes, ended 7th. In 2nd race tapped by others, ended last, passed a fellow, collided in bars and quit having great damage. I attended the race though which in front had very nice driving. Congrats to winners.

@Shin, have a good time in Monza. See you!

@BlacqueJacks, what you have in mind for next weekend?

Pants....I got back way too late to make it for last nights races :(

Hope you guys had fun out there 👍

Have a great time at Monza watching the F1 Shin...and remember there's a piece of me in those cars, haha :lol:

See you when you get back mate, and see the rest of you next week for the 'Unofficial Concours' 👍

Fun night yesterday.
I came unprepared and had not driven the 2005 La Sarthe track in GT5 so i slid down the order fast in race one.
Going into Indianapolis i encountered mayhem and t-boned one of the cars at very high speed. Managed to get to the pits and had a lonely race. Got caught by Douqua and Adam and decided to let them by.
Race two was much better. Front runners missed the braking for Aremberg and i was in the lead. But the two black cars was close in my mirrors and i could not loose them.
Stayed with Adam untill he pitted.
Made some bad mistakes that allowed Douqua to catch up and pass.
During my pit-stop Adam passed me again and i ended third.
I noted that i pretty much have the pace of these aces (Douqua and Adam) but is lacking in consistency. Too many small mistakes.
Anyway i would like to wish Shin a good trip to Italy. Enjoy it mate.
Also i'll be looking for BlaqcueJack to announce what he has planned for next weekend.
Let's keep the ball rolling while Shin's away, aye?

Good races yesterday. I was taking it easy on La Sarthe (as instructed :D) when someone tried to take me down the inside of Indy on the first lap. 👎 I was trying so hard not make contact with that driver, I braked late, touched Burr who was in front of me which sent him into a spin causing the big crash there. Apologies for anyone that got caught up in that - I ended up waiting for Douqa because I didn't want the person at the back to have a lonely race.

The Ring was good having stayed with Veg and Douqa for 2 laps. I was quite suprised both of them didn't pit in on lap 2... in a 4 lap race. :P

Got caught by Douqua and Adam and decided to let them by.

How come lol? That really confused me. You shuld have been fighting for position and at 1 point I thought you was going ultimate defensive but you was only trying to let me and Douqa by for some reason. :P

I'll keep my eye on the thread as to what is going to be decided for Sunday.

I enjoyed the 300 SL immensly last night! Shame I had to disappear straight after the racing as I'd of loved to continue all evening! I really like the long race lengths too and I think Concours second enduro went brilliantly :) Cheers everyone for coming, I hope you've enjoyed our journey down memory lane 👍

Just putting the results podium together now. Somewhat surprisingly I feature in it for the second week running not really knowing how that happened :lol: Looking at the results though, after the unfortunate incident at Le Sarthe, I would of placed second had I achieved just one more point. First if I took home just 2 more! Gives you some idea of how close the top 3 were! But always the bridesmaid eh ;)

As far as the next few weekends are concerned, I'm happy to organise this coming weekends even though I wont be participating. I would hand over the task of hosting and scheduling to Crispy too, as he is always willing to help me out if ever I've needed any 👍 Unfortunetely he may not be able as work would be the permitting factor. So, since Jack has already put his name forward, I will be passing the buck to him. As long as he is still up to the task ;)

The sooner you guys can let me know whats happening the better I will feel. I'm lucky that you all enjoy racing each other, so I'm sure you'll all be racing come sundays anyway :D If I find that participants have dwindled on my return however, I'll be taking names! :lol:

: Week Twenty Five, Mercedes Benz 300 SL :

300slresult.png

Sure I will accept Concours Club hosting duties September 4th 8 p.m. (British Summer Time) (Noon Pacific Daylight Time).

I was going to suggest the Silvia Race Mod on racing hard tyres (nod to Brits) and in tribute to Shin being at Monza; A Formula tour beginning at Suzuka, then Nurmburgring GP and finally Monza (look for Captain Roh in the stands:dopey:).

Of course, mine is only a suggestion :)

So glad all were able to get by the moving chicane at the Nordschliefe without any real incident 👍:)

And I managed to stay on the road as you all went by.

Felt like I was in a fifties spy movie being chased by the secret police (especially the black ones :scared: ) through the Swarzvald :lol:

Safe travels Shin, enjoy your holidays; and bring your Concours Club sign to Monza and we'll look for you in the stands :)

Last edited:
Sure I will accept Concours Club hosting duties September 4th 8 p.m. (British Summer Time) (Noon Pacific Daylight Time).

I was going to suggest the Silvia Race Mod and in tribute to Shin being at Monza; A Formula tour beginning at Suzuka, then Nurmburgring GP and finally Monza (look for Captain Roh in the stands:dopey:).

I'd be happy to post that up for you Jack 👍 You've been after the Silvia for a while now, seems only fitting that you should host the event yourself :) I'll get to work doing a bit of testing to get the criteria set right. Any preference on tyres mate?

Safe travels Shin, enjoy your holidays; and bring your Concours Club sign to Monza and we'll look for you in the stands :)

Cheers mate, I'll try :sly: As for the sign, I'll have my camera glued to my hands the whole weekend, so no time to hold up signage! Maybe I'll give myself a little hotdog break though :lol:

I've just done a couple laps and it feels great right out of the box. Default everything.

Is yours ran in Jack? What bhp are you getting?

Latest Posts

Back