Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Its very quiet in here.... Are you all out beating rioters with sticks!? :D

Some guys have all the fun, there's never any excitement in my leafy suburb.

:lol:

Seriously though, I hope non of you guys have been effected by this. Stay safe gents.

Ohh. I wondered why my Dad took a trip to London and now we have a brand new 46" Plasma.

But yeah I'll be up for practice any time this week. :)👍

Holidays perhaps?

Vancouver's riot was only a few hours; seems to becoming a regular nighly event in London; stay safe!

Guys, sorry for missing last 2 events (first because of connection problems, second because of time). Here, on summer weekends we get out of our city and go to country side which is very beautiful. So I may do the same this weekend and I from now apologize for mising this weekend's event which I loved to participate (Wankel maniac you see, since Savanna RX7). I hope you who will race have a nice time and I hope to be with you on track the event after this.

Hello!

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
Yes

2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
Yes

3. Is there anything you dont understand?
Yes, How long is each race. I can only stay on PS3 till 9pm BST

4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
Bring it on!

PSN DARREN200COOK

Last edited:
Thanks for the racing tonight, apologies for being a backmarker though and getting in the way 👍. Hopefully I may see some of you guys on a friday.

I'm tired of people calling me Stefan so i made a new profile.

Very bad night for me yesterday. I crashed and got damage twice in all the races, spending most of my time in the pit lane.
I'm just glad i crashed on my own and didn't take anyone with me, well except for the last race where i took Twissy with me, but as it turned out...
I must say i agree with BlacqueJack when it comes to the original tracks. Too many crests and off cambers for my liking.

Congratulations to Aderrrm. You are just too fast there mate!

I'm tired of people calling me Stefan so i made a new profile.

Very bad night for me yesterday. I crashed and got damage twice in all the races, spending most of my time in the pit lane.
I'm just glad i crashed on my own and didn't take anyone with me, well except for the last race where i took Twissy with me, but as it turned out...
I must say i agree with BlacqueJack when it comes to the original tracks. Too many crests and off cambers for my liking.

Congratulations to Aderrrm. You are just too fast there mate!

Notify a moderator or you might get in trouble.;)

Another really enjoyable race weekend in an incredibly enjoyable car. I loved every second driving this mad hat. It was twitchy yet controllable, fast and agile. It looked nice! It was just great all around. Another one to go on my list of favourite Concours Combos. Attendance wasnt too shabby but not as good as I expected. And as always the thread isnt very active for whatever reason :grumpy:

Looking forward though, I expect another closely faught race meet. This car I have lined up should be the bigger brother to lasts weeks little scamp. I havent driven it in a pack yet, but I'm hoping for greatness ;)

: Week Twenty Three, Mazda RX-7 GT-X :

rx7fcresult.png

[results subject to change]

supra3current.png

Sticking with Japan, and continuing to be inspired by the tuner cars of best motoring, this week we take it to the track! Classic japanese race tracks, and an early iteration of what was to become one of the defining sports cars of our time, the Supra is one hell of a machine. Stripped out to around 1300kg, and packing 500bhp, its a race car for the road. Since it was built for the track however, I think a bit of sticky rubber is in order ;)

Scheduled Event: Sunday 21st 8pm (BST)
Track: Tsukuba Circuit [-] Suzuka Circuit [-] Fuji Speedway GT [-]

Car: Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A ’88
Tyres: Racing Hard
Aero Parts: Front Aero Type B
Tuning Parts: Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window weight Reduction Carbon Bonnet, Sport ECU, Stage 3 Engine Tune, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports, Racing Exhaust, Mid Range Turbo Kit, Twin Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Carbon Propeller Shaft, Fixed Sport Suspension Kit
Settings: +1kg Ballast, Power Restrictor Will Be Used [currently testing]
Traction Control: Not Allowed
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Traction control is still not allowed in this event. ABS however is still optional. Please remember racing is scheduled for 8pm from now on also.

PSN DARREN200COOK

Hey Darren 👍

Thank you for your registration. I apologise for the late reply, but last week I had zero time to offer you for practicing. I should be abe to get in a session or two before the weekend this week however, so I'll add you just as soon as I can so you can join in :)

oh joy more rear wheel death machines! lol i joke. must say i loved the mazda combo, not run alot in rear wheel drive cars without t/c, i'm slowly getting the hang of these things. might not have alot of practice this week, helping my mate remove his engine and othe bits and bobs. would have been doing it today but the engine crane broke! d'oh anyways i'll be about for a bit of practice today at somepoint if anyone would like to join me

Cheers Roh. This car is awesome. Death Machine, at SSCS I learned the art of taming these machines. I'd say its a Crazy Mecha. :)

Argh... I hate Suzuka and Fuji having raced / will be racing on them in the BST V8 Challenge. Tsukuba I don't mind though.

Hello. I love the same tuning format.

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
Yes

2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
Yes

3. Is there anything you dont understand?
No (I believe)

4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
When do you want

PSN GTP_Barbol

Regards

Really gutted I'm missing this week. Looks awesome. Tsukuba is great for racing and Fuji GT is one of my favourite tracks. :nervous:

Great looking combo for this week Captain 👍

Haven't tried the car in it's GT5 incarnation yet, but if I remember correctly my friend had a real one quite a few years back, lightly modded, and it was a crazy beast :lol: So if the GT one is anything like that...

...I'll see you guys in the pits 👍

Anyway, I'll be on for a practice session around 8 gmt tonight, see you guys then maybe...

I've had enough desire to race, but I rushed a bit to sign up within a week too busy. Plus I'm going camping for the weekend. Perhaps I may arrive in time for the race, but without any preparation. I think it's best not to participate until next week.

Regards

Back