Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Good stuff, no work for two weeks from Friday, so can stay all evening for this. Comfort softs as well, loads of tail happy corners, time for the egg under the right boot method.

If you wish to join please post responding to the following:
1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
3. Is there anything you dont understand?
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
Post your answers along with your PSN

Agree with the above
PSN is thebag69

i'll be missing this one out lads, this is my families from around the world holiday season so will be out and about with them for the next month. i'll try sort something out for the following week. i need my concours fix at least twice a month! lol

If you wish to join please post responding to the following:
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
Post your answers along with your PSN

Agree with the above
PSN is thebag69

Hi Shrew, I'll add you just as soon as I can. Having trouble fitting new people onto my friends list at the mo :indiff:

Just keep a look out for me adding you 👍

I saw 314 on mine and then it got down before I changed oil to be ready for today. I wish to be able to participate though as my GT5 has many problems last few days getting online (yesterday night especially at SCSS). I didn't have this problem at Concours yet.

IF I can I''ll be a part timer in this...

Yes

Yes

No

If that is required than I will.

PSN Furinkazen

Yay furi has joined. This weeks race is somewhat like your trucks series furi.:lol:

Not sure if you can race tonight as generally Roh has to test out new participants. Just wait and see I guess....

Not sure if I'll be there for this tonight lads, haven't even bought the car yet and might be a bit too tired to keep my concentration up where it needs to be after the work I've been doing this weekend, I'll see how I'm feeling later...

Im going to try and make it tonight, ive got a new kitten, my parents are coming up too see it hopefully they wont be too long and that they make the damn thing tired so it goes to sleep lol

I have a cat aswell and I hate the damn thing. It won't shut up anytime it see's a person or my dog.:banghead: At least it seems to sleep for about 20 hours.:lol:

I must say, I prefer dogs way more then cats.

...I must say, I prefer dogs way more then cats.

Sounds pretty logical to me.

End of off topic.

Laguna is THE track! But this retro vehicle is very heavy and these tires aren't for track racing at all. It needs to be driven with angles to get laptimes. Nevermind, I like what's coming.

Really looking forward to tonight, and seeing what 'The Captain' has up his sleeve regarding how the events will happen.

See you on track soon guys 👍

Great races last night.
Douqua outclassed us and took 3 straight wins. Have there ever been a more dominant performance?
I suggest he gets 50kgs of ballast next race.

I got two 2nd places and a 4th myself.
Almost caught Douqua in the last race. One more lap, who knows.

A strange thing happened when pitting in race one. I was right behind Crispy i think. Went wide in the last right hander and with dirty tires I braked late on the pit entrance and the A.I hit the outside wall. All of a sudden our cars swapped position! I came out two or three seconds ahead! very strange indeed.
I was stuck on his bumper before, and opened up the gap after, but i don't know if i should be penalized for it. Captain Roh will be the judge of that.

Congratulations to Douqua.

I had a bad evening unfortunately. I disconnected in race 2 and race 3. It was very weird because I was able to watch the race just fine and race 1 as well. I hadn't experienced any lag at all but then I got disconnected.:banghead:

Sorry I wasn't on track last sunday.
Wasn't feeling like racing this entire week. Been away of the tracks for 7 days and surprise surprise. I'm rusty. ;)
I think I needed a litle rest of GT 5. Now I'm ready to go racing and hopefully I'll be on next sunday.

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update. I've just managed to sit infront of the laptop, so I'll post up results and new combo in a little while. Not that there's anyone looking in here :P

Very quiet in this part of the woods lately.

Looking forward to new criteria and some practice. 👍

There's always time for Concours:)

I'm looking in here Captain.:P

I don't mind how long it takes to get the new combo, and I already know the winner.:)

: Week Twenty One, Ford Mustang Mach 1 :

mach1result.png

512current.png

I've always had a soft spot for this car, although I've never really driven it that often. The styling is beautiful, and the 360bhp V12 is a nice little goer. I'm looking forward to getting this car on track, and in a pack I think it'll do its name sake proud.

Scheduled Event: Sunday 7th 8pm (BST)
Track: Rome / Reverse [-] Autodromo Nazionale Monza [-]

Car: Ferrari 512BB '76
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Aero Parts: Not Allowed
Tuning Parts: Not Allowed
Settings: N/A
Traction Control: Not Allowed
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Note that traction control is not allowed in this event. The good men and women of 1970's Italy didnt have it, so neither will you. I have decided to allow ABS however, for safetys sake. Also, as most of you are aware, Top Gear finished last weekend, so racing will resume its normal schedule 1 hour earlier than the last few weeks.

Last edited:
well i'm out of this one to. don't finish till 8 on sunday. might pop in and watch the last race

From the license test I know it's a hard car to control, however I devised a brake balance right on the spot, so it can't be too bad.

Nice choice of car Captain 👍

Hopefully I'll have a better result than last sunday. You have no idea how gutted I was after I span myself out of the lead in the last race, hehe

Confort softs?? Realy??

Dont be down on the comfort combos! :P Nor forget we're racing machines of the 1970's just lately, how good a tyre compound do you think they had back then?!

I hope my love for the authentic isn't alienating people, but right from the start I've tried to make the race meets as realistic as possible. It shouldnt come as a surprise, and you should be embracing the challenge!

I'll be struggling to get some practice in on this one but just keep your eye out for me, I'll always invite if I'm online 👍

Holy ....!
This thing is all over the place.
It has the gearbox mounted under the engine, giving it a less than ideal center of gravity.
It's pushy-loose, understeer, understeer, SNAP oversteer.
The horror, the horror...

Last edited:
Back