Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Sorted my internet connection, bought the car and looking forward to racing with you tonight.:)

Just wanted to let you guys know the plan for tonight. I want it to be clear that racing will start promply at 9pm too. Do not arrive with questions, you will not be answered (within reason). I expect everyone to be prepared to race, so that everyone may get on with qualifying instead of organizing competitors. If you have issues, post in them in here and I shall check back at least an hour before the race.

I want to mention that there are also a lot of people starting in this very fast and very dangerous combo this weekend without any preperation. I obviously had hoped people would be better prepared, but as some weeks I dont have the time myself, I can appreciate the lack of seat time. However, I do expect these people to be more cautious. I wont tollerate you having destroyed someone elses race because you werent prepared. It isnt fair plain and simple.

9pm lobby will open.

9 - 9.20pm Qualy for race one.

9.20 - 9.30pm Race one. 10minute(ish) sprint race. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

9.30 - 10pm Race Two. 30minute(ish) Main Event. MANDATORY PIT STOP.

10 - 10.20pm Qualy for race Three.

10.20 - 10.30pm Race Three. 10minute(ish) sprint race. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

10.30 - 11pm Race Four. 30minute(ish) Main Event. MANDATORY PIT STOP.

I might just join in tonight, if I do, I'll run the car in for 2 hours after my dinner! :D If I decide not to race, I'll watch the Le Mans race instead, as it's one of my favourite tracks.

👍

VBR
...If I decide not to race, I'll watch the Le Mans race instead, as it's one of my favourite tracks.

👍

Indeed! What a track... Two hours ago was doing practice with Lexus and lapped in 4.06 which has more. Then I changed vehicle to 787B (1991 winner) and went to 3.29 in RM at the first lap without incidents. (What a monster sound by the way)

I give up. I tried to connect half a dozen times, but the same error appeared -incompatibility with the room owner [717]. I cleared the system cache, restarted my connection, but still the same. I guess next time i will be more fortunate. Race well Concours.

That was brilliant. Almost got Burr on the line in race 1 but there wasn't enough Tarmac on the exit of the Ford chicane and race 2 had a brilliant battle with Crispy. Ford Chicanes on the final lap was very scruffy, never mind the racing line, how about the 'I have a really wide car line':lol: and on the exit we were side by side with me having the better run to the line, but I oversteered and I'm not sure weather I hit crispy or if he went into the gravel trap like me and race 1. Apologies if I hit you, I didn't feel it anyways and wasn't aware.

Unfortunetley I had to get off the ps3 before Grand Valley but I'm pleased with the fun I had.

Great battling with dhandes on La Sarthe race 1

I didn't read the thread before racing so pitted on last lap of Race 1 :dunce:

Race 2 slight, from a bump, damage then couldn't avoid dhandes mishap and more transmission damage! Managed 10th and within a minute of 1st with 2 stops

Race 3 and 4 were OK, lots of agricultural work by some of those in front :) so I finished ahead of Shin in Race 4:tup:

Was even leading at the halfway mark :)

On holidays so I may post some pics of races and practice next combo too!

Cheers racers!

I actually learned a lot from last night.

The combo was nice and the turnout was good, same cannot be said of my driving.

Nice end.:sly:

Last edited:
Indeed! What a track... Two hours ago was doing practice with Lexus and lapped in 4.06 which has more.

I managed a 4'00.190 in Practice Mode (after putting 70 odd miles on the clock/561 bhp), but didn't like the car much, so decided just to watch. WOW! Race 2 at Le Mans was EPIC, 3 drivers battling closely for P1 all the way, it's was the best Concours race I've ever seen, & one of the best online races ever too.

Top draw lads!

:drool:

That was brilliant. Almost got Burr on the line in race 1 but there wasn't enough Tarmac on the exit of the Ford chicane and race 2 had a brilliant battle with Crispy. Ford Chicanes on the final lap was very scruffy, never mind the racing line, how about the 'I have a really wide car line':lol: and on the exit we were side by side with me having the better run to the line, but I oversteered and I'm not sure weather I hit crispy or if he went into the gravel trap like me and race 1. Apologies if I hit you, I didn't feel it anyways and wasn't aware.

Unfortunetley I had to get off the ps3 before Grand Valley but I'm pleased with the fun I had.

Nope, you didn't hit me akmuq, on exiting the chicanes I knocked my pedal jack out the back of the wheel base with my knee, and slowly rolled over the line, hahaha. Thanks to Rotorist though, who passed me as well, but slowed just before the line and let me back through...you should've just nailed it over the line mate, it was my own fault that happened :lol:

Well what a shame because it would have been a drag race to the line.:lol:

Race 1 was terrifying going 3 wide into Mulsanne corner:scared:

And going into the Porsche Curves 2 wide was fun.:dopey:

Great races last night.

I capitalized on the misfortune of others and got 3 podium finishes. :dunce:

GVS was a real pain in the ... for me with the DS3. I apologize to anyone who got hit on the exit of T1 on L1 of R1 . Went wide onto the grass, bounced off the wall and back into traffic :guilty:

Great battles with Captain Roh, Douqua and Captain Disaster. 👍

Special mention to Dragonistic for his dominant performances :bowdown:, and to W-G-E who was very unfortunate. :ouch:

Looking forward to next week

Last edited:
I hear ya on GVS being difficult on the pad, there wasn't an awful lot of progression when it let go but I managed to tame it with only one big moment infront of Cpt coming into the hairpin where I thought I was gone as I hit the grass going to fast out of the right kink and running wide but I managed to pull it up and keep it facing the right direction for the hairpin.

I really enjoyed the challenge though, the combo in general infact, I was fortunate to have an incident free evening bar the aforementioned and a touch of suspension damage on Sprint Le Sarthe which I coped with without losing any real time. Had some great battles to, Shin and Mivec on Sarthe, Cpt on GVS, and any others I may have forgot about there was just alot of action going on! From what I saw up until the odd incident on the last race at the start, it seemed like a successful evening with some close and heated racing.

That was a brilliant weekends racing! I had a rough time in race four, but everywhere else I had an absolute blast! I didnt even have this much fun in the RM Integra combo! In every race I was hindered by slow moving traffic or by making a couple of silly unforced errors, but even so, I honestly had one of my GT5 racing highlights this weekend. Thank you everyone. I really enjoyed myself!

And it also goes to show that when push comes to shove, everyone out there can drive very fast and extremely clean. I want every week to be like this, it was a sight to behold. Watching back the replays there were fights all through the grid all race long on every race! Its impossible to say which were the most thrilling, but my battle with BRM in race one was superb. I took seconds position from him braking into the ford chicane. And the battle I had with john in race two was even better!! It lasted 4 laps and we were on the absolute edge in every corner. This one went down to the last lap too, where I made a move around the outside of the first Porsche curve. We were side by side going into the next, I had track position on the inside and squoze through. It was intense, and I'm going to go watch it again right now! :D

: Week Twenty, Lexus IS F RM :

ISFRMresult.png

If I hadnt of had such a poor last race I could of made the second step easy. Not to be though unfortunetely. Congrats to Dragon for his first overall win though. I dont think he put a wheel wrong all night 👍 Well done mate.

What did you all think to the car by the way? I spent quite a bit of time tuning it with the limited options I had.

The car was great, took a bit of getting used to after the initial first few runs and wasn't a handful to control even when on the limit. Other cars would have been all over the place. My main problem with it was changing down from 8th (8 gears, that's Just being greedy) to 2nd, particularly at the end of the mulsanne straight, I was giving the paddles full welly!

I enjoyed the Sprint race scenario as well.

Cheers, for organising it, very much appreciated.

The car was nice, but it had a tad too much grip in my opinion.

What did you all think to the car by the way? I spent quite a bit of time tuning it with the limited options I had.

Lexus had a little strange behaviour TOH but it worked really well in LeMans. I didn't like it's behaviour in GVS though as it changed from bit of under to power oversteer very quick which might have been avoided with a more vertical rear wing...

I liked the new format with short/long races.
In a series like this it's always going to be 'driver adjusts to car' as opposed to my preferred 'adjust car to driver' approach, and driving with a DS3 i did feel the car needed an LSD and some toe adjustment, especially for GVS.
Also, the gearbox! I launched in 3rd gear (sorry about all the smoke :lol:) and used 4th for the tightest hairpins :crazy:
But all is forgotten when i look at the podium :sly:

I used 4th on the hairpins to, it was a little odd but I just imagine it as if 1st and 2nd didn't exist. I thought the car was good fun, it didn't have alot of warning when the tail was going to go but at the same time that gave it some charm knowing it could fight back if you weren't careful. Ultimately it made for good racing, and that's the most important thing, where it didn't feel like an easy car to drive but it wasn't one where everyone was crashing left and right.

All in all it was my best Concours both enjoyment and performance wise, every race I had no major issues from myself or others and I had many a battle as well. Normally I have at least 1 race which ruins my evening be it by my own fault, others or something completely out of anyones control, but that didn't happen this week and ultimately was the main contributor to my victory as I was by no means the quickest out there despite the 2 wins of 4, I was simply the most consistent come the chequered flag.

Thanks for the congrats as well Shin (and indeed others), my first overall win and hopefully not my last! With work coming up though I could well be gone for a long time now but will do my best.

A positive response from me too on the car/track combo Captain 👍

Unfortunately the two sprint races were not what I'd planned. At Le Sarthe I made the mistake of pitting when it wasn't required. Whilst at Grand ValleyI got damaged trying to pick my way through the mayhem of the first lap incident :ill:

The main races at both circuits were very different to the sprint ones. At Le Sarthe it was fantastic, with DOUQA, BRM and yours truely in a battle for pretty much the whole race! A big thankyou guys! :cheers:With a win for me at the finish YAHOO!

Grand Valley was a good event too, as I kept close company with Dragon at the front until the pit stops. For the second half of the race I lost ground to him but managed to finish in second place, a great evenings racing!

Congratulations to Dragon on his overall win 👍

A definite thumbs up from me for the combo 👍

I really enjoyed the car, especially around La Sarthe, I think the difference handling wise around GSV is the camber in the corners that gave it the under-steer to sudden over-steer. Unfortunately, last night was all rushed from the off, with having to get back from work, having major problems joining the lobby, missing the first race and then repeatedly smashing my front right spring in the other three. So to say I wasn't on form last night would be an understatement :lol:

Big congrats to Dragon on taking the top step, well done fella 👍

mach1current.png

After looking through the results over the last 20 weeks, it was glaringly obvious what was missing. Classics! Where are all the clasics!! !? Well, today will mark the day that Concours went old school ;) We'll be taking some time to slow it down and appreciate the fine coach works of yester year. Personally I'm a fan of everything retro, and this next car is so beautiful I couldnt wait to drive it. Introducing Concours first slice of American Muscle, its the Ford Mustang, Mach 1. You're going to have to be careful of your corners, because this thing is MASSIVE! Keep that right foot planted though, like any classic muscle car would 👍

Scheduled Event: Sunday 31st 9pm (BST)
Track: Laguna Seca Raceway [-]

Car: Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Aero Parts: Not Allowed
Tuning Parts: 5 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
Settings: N/A
Traction Control: Not Allowed
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

As you can see there will be only one track this weekend. Bring your muscle for an all american track day! There will be sprint races, time trials and head to heads. Be ready for anything, because anything can happen at a Laguna Seca track day :) Also note that traction control is not allowed in this event. The good men and women of 1970's america didnt have it, so neither will you. I have decided to allow ABS however, for safetys sake.​

Sorry ive been bit distant guys, work has been a pain in the *** lol, hopefully i will be back to normal from this weekend.

Look forward to racing back with you guys ;)

Loving the idea for this weeks combo Captain... Sprint races, TTs and head-to-heads eh!?!

Looking forward to this, especially as there's going to be no work committments this weekend...yay 👍

Excellent combo.👍

I want to be sure I'm well prepared this time, so I'm practising already.
I'm just going to drive without ABS. Don't mind my placement anyway. Anything will be better than last time.

Just remembered I'm useless without ABS.:lol:

Last edited:
Will certainly look to join in this one Capt'n Roh if thats alright. Will add ya tonight 👍 (Have already answered the questions in a previous post)

Latest Posts

Back