Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Epic practice and racing at monza, can only imagine what full grid is going to be like! And no mention of bump drafting either!

sunday will be amazing with a full grid, hopefully i'll do better than i did in the gtr lol
tonights practice was one of the best, and in one race someone else took shin out instead of me. lol

Did say I was rusty, lol. I need much more practice before I will race. Is it ok to watch races from the lobby?

I appreciate you taking yourself out of the running this evening, it will take time for you to become competetive and clean. But the good news is that most of my racers are on GT5 most of the time. Just be sure to get involved with the group and there will always be somebody for you to practice with. You'll get up to speed with whats expected in no time 👍

Can I have this practice run today so I can race tonight? :D

Sure mate, when are you going to be on the PS3 today? I can try and be on this afternoon after lunch some time. Say between 3 and 4? I know you know whats expected of you as I know you from the WRS. The same track rules apply here, and the OLR outlines our rules of engagement too. The only thing I worry about with you super fast guys, is when I've raced div1's before, they are way too aggressive for Concours. I suspect a feeling of entitlement to be at the front makes them impatient.

I have confidence that you can fit in just fine however. Race fast, drive to win, but above all else respect your fellow racer. Thats all I ask of anybody 👍 Todays practice will just be a formality I'm sure ;)

Sure mate, when are you going to be on the PS3 today? I can try and be on this afternoon after lunch some time. Say between 3 and 4? I know you know whats expected of you as I know you from the WRS. The same track rules apply here, and the OLR outlines our rules of engagement too. The only thing I worry about with you super fast guys, is when I've raced div1's before, they are way too aggressive for Concours. I suspect a feeling of entitlement to be at the front makes them impatient.

I have confidence that you can fit in just fine however. Race fast, drive to win, but above all else respect your fellow racer. Thats all I ask of anybody 👍 Todays practice will just be a formality I'm sure ;)

Between 3 and 4 is perfect. I am quite an agressive driver (I think) but I know that Concours is mainly for having run, and racing clean. So I will definitely take that into account and you sure won't see me causing any collisions. 👍

I appreciate you taking yourself out of the running this evening, it will take time for you to become competetive and clean. But the good news is that most of my racers are on GT5 most of the time. Just be sure to get involved with the group and there will always be somebody for you to practice with. You'll get up to speed with whats expected in no time 👍

I don't really like that statement. Has there even raced a division 1 driver in Concours that way? If not, then I think they (the division 1 drivers) will take into account that this is a different series than most. I'm inexperienced, I consider myself an agressive driver in the past, I want to continue battling under all circumstances (Broken wheel, stuck brakes, damage), I have (had) some connection issues (in the past), so I can not guarantee I don't make collisions.
But whether it's a one day event, a shuffle race, WRS, OMRS, WSGTC or Concours I always try to be clean.

PS: I'm sorry for this post. I bet you don't mean it that way, you better don't.:mad::lol:

Last edited:
:lol: You guys! :rolleyes:

When have I ever had a problem with how any of you guys race with me?

I have raced many a Div1 guy in random lobbies, prologue, OMRS and others.. and, in my experience, its the quickest guys who cause most problems.

Its an observation not an accusation.

Like I said, I'm sure Aderrn's session will be a formalitly, as I have Div1 guys who race with me currently and I have no problems with. I was just letting a new member know that the aggresivness I've witnessed elsewhere, is not acceptable here.

As I always say and maintain, A little aggressive driving is fine, but clean and fair always comes first!

👍

Note to self, dont upset Div1's, they're a right bunch of Divas! :lol:

:P

Thank you. I would rather not participate until Im ready (which hopefully wont take too long). I am usually at my wheel most nights until around 10pm so I will keep an eye on the practise lobbys. Advanced thanks to anyone who helps me in the future.

I will be in for tonight, very little run-in for my poor motor but hopefully be able to mix it up. Hoping to be involved in the mid pack battles tonight, FF really isn't to my strengths but hopefully I can play ball with the middle runners.

Sorry for leaving early last night guys, after a really fun first race I managed to completely botch up my first lap of the 2nd race, and then after getting nudged off track on the 2nd lap of the last race and into the sand, I just couldn't face the rest of the race lapping on my own :grumpy:

Some really close racing though, great combo 👍 Looking forward to next weeks now

First of all. Paginas I don't hate you anymore. Now I hate Will. Robbed me of a victory at Concurs by .018. I HATE YOU. :dopey:

Rant over.
This was a GREAT week for Concurs. As expected the car was deadly boring to hotlap, but come race time and it's just crazy. First race I pited really early. Lap 4 I think. I was in last and having difficult to overtake people in front of me. Maybe I should be more agressive. So I went to pits and expect you guys to slow down each other. It worked and I overtook half the field on pit strategy alone. Good result. A 4th I think.
Second race I managed to get to the front quickly and was battling hard with Will and Aderrrm. Will pited first, then me in next lap and then Aderrrm. But we keep fighting till the end, even if Aderrrm seemed a little slower this time (bad set of tires :sly:). Then in last lap I'm in front in the last straight and failed a shift. Let the car hit the limiter before changing gear and Will was in the right spot to take the win. :(
In Monza I took a gamble and pited at the end of lap 1, expecting the crazy braking to the chicanes side by side would slow you lot down, but it didn't work that well. Still managed a 4th with other drivers problems.

All in all, you know, (Vettel words ;)) it was a great Weekend of racing.
Thanks for that Shin and all drivers involved.

PS: Will if you want the replay I'll try and upload it today.

Sorry for leaving early last night guys, after a really fun first race I managed to completely botch up my first lap of the 2nd race, and then after getting nudged off track on the 2nd lap of the last race and into the sand, I just couldn't face the rest of the race lapping on my own :grumpy:

I think that was me. Everyone went 2 wide into the 2nd chicane, myself being one of the people on the outside, I tried to make the 2nd apex but I don't think you gave me enough room. Sorry if it looked like I did it on purpose, that was not my intention.

But yeah a great combo and some great racing. Cheers Roh. 👍 I'll be in Spain for 2 weeks or so now so I'll see you lot in 3 weeks. :)

Stefan, in the opening posts, I have stated that if you wish to post photos, they should not exceed 600 pixels wide. If you dont have image editing software, upload the photos to your GTP profile and post the link in here. 👍 If you could remove that photo for now that would be great. Thank you.

It is weird however how we took a photo of exactly the same moment! :lol:

147closerace.png

Personally I had some great racing last night. I was going to come on here and give some individuals an ear bashing about aggressive driving. However I will hold fire on what I was going to say for now, as I can appreciate how close the fights were in this particular combo.

I quite clearly posted warnings in here recently however, and yet certain people seem to have taken no notice. I dont know why its so hard! Barr one incident at monza, where the car infront braked slightly too soon, I had a completely clean AND competitive race weekend. Yet other people made contact with fellow racers on every lap of each race. No joke! If I dont see improvement next week, well, I dont know what i'll do. But test me if you want to find out.

Comiserations to Kamy this week. I know you were talking about just missing out, and thats also quite true of the podium this week. Finishing on equal points with Aderrrm, he took the overall victory in his Concours debut with a race win under his belt. Not to add insult to injury, but had you beat Wee in that second race you could stand on that top step with pride. Sorry Kamy. Better luck next time :)

: Week Nineteen, Alfa Romeo 147 :

147result.png

New criteria will follow either tonight or tomorrow after testing 👍​

I remember clearly causing one small incident, on Rome outbraked myself I think in to you Roh which I apologise for, everything else I was a part of was really just paint swapping with no real accidents or persons at fault though I did witness some more serious incident it was sort of inevitable that people make mistakes. I think Douqa summed it up after the final race, it was a bit touring car at points :lol:. The great thing about the combo was you could get away with those little scrapes and bumps and it took something really heavy to cause someones race to end.

Comiserations to Kamy this week. I know you were talking about just missing out, and thats also quite true of the podium this week. Finishing on equal points with Aderrrm, he took the overall victory in his Concours debut with a race win under his belt. Not to add insult to injury, but had you beat Wee in that second race you could stand on that top step with pride. Sorry Kamy. Better luck next time :)

NOOOOOOO :(

Lol.

I hate Will even more now.

We need more combos like this. When we slow down things I become a pretty good driver. Still remember the Swift week. So proud. My only Overall win so far.
Many thanks for providing Concurs every week Gary. :)👍

Gutted I missed it! I'm currently in the process of switching my line rental from bt to sky, and it just happens to go off on Sunday morning and yet to come back on! Any chance of a race by race break down on what happened!

I wanted to get involved in monza, as I enjoyed the practice so much.

Hey there fellas. looking through the rules and watching the videos goodstuff glad to see people taking what should be an ingame feature and making it yourselfs. respect. when i came to gt planet this is exactly what i was looking for. read the OTR all makes perfect sence.

been practicing with my wheel and would love to be part of the league of concours!

Hey there fellas. looking through the rules and watching the videos goodstuff glad to see people taking what should be an ingame feature and making it yourselfs. respect. when i came to gt planet this is exactly what i was looking for. read the OTR all makes perfect sence.

been practicing with my wheel and would love to be part of the league of concours!

Good to hear. On the first page, there are some questions you will have to answer, just copy them into a post with your answers and then join in with us on one if our many practice sessions, prior to the real thing on a Sunday.

Captain_roh will keep you informed of what's expected, etiquette and all.👍

ISFRMcurrent.png

I've been waiting a long time to drive this car in anger, I bought it purely because it was race modifiable back when I was collecting all such vehicles. But now's the time to dust off the old girl and give her a new lease on life. A few performance parts later and the RMIS F is churning out close to 600bhp! And she can go further still! With the tune provided however 200mph is achievable easily, so I put a cap on the power right there. The aero has been stripped down too. As this car has such a great chassis, I thought it would be a shame to hide its handling characteristics underneath the downforce. I've also left race tyres on the shelf in order that you feel every intricate detail. This weekends racing will be fast, make sure you hydrate because it's going to be intense ;)

Scheduled Event: Sunday 24th 9pm (BST)
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 [-] Grand Valley Speedway [-]

Car: Lexus IS F '07
Tyres: Sport Soft
Aero Parts: Race Modification
Tuning Parts: Sport ECU, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports
Settings: Ballast +5kg [1190kg] Power Restrictor 99.4% [572bhp] Final Gear [2.680] Downforce Front [28] Rear [32]
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Changing Settings of any kind other than those I have mentioned is strictly prohibited. I will as always be checking replays to verify that members are adhering to the Criteria I have set out. I also have a reliable team to help out with doing the same. If you are found to be cheating you will not be warned, you will be banned from Concours immediatly.​

Nice combo Captain. Hope to make it as I don't want to miss 3 races in a row.:ouch:

Oh no, i just got Black Ops and a pair of RF82s. How will i make the time to practice?
570 bhp and Sport tires :scared: Me so scared

Last edited:
Any room for one more?, this looks the shizz! :dopey:

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes.
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yep.
3. Is there anything you dont understand? Nope
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Yep.

Wasn't expecting the win with the Alfa's after my horrible race at Monza. Apart from finishing quite low, it was a cracking race up to that point. Here's a pic from the roof of my car at the start of lap 3 (a reverse angle of Roh's, I believe :P) Where do I go when there's 5 wide?! :lol:

Awesome racing! Thanks everyone. :)👍

I hope you all enjoy the IS-F too! Looks great.

done all the bits and bobs to the car and only churning out 521 bhp? don't know how you got yours to 572 bhp. disasterswas the same

done all the bits and bobs to the car and only churning out 521 bhp? don't know how you got yours to 572 bhp. disasterswas the same

Check if everithing is installed. RM a car sometimes buys new parts but doesn't install it. :dunce: How stupid is that.

Back