Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
done all the bits and bobs to the car and only churning out 521 bhp? don't know how you got yours to 572 bhp. disasterswas the same

Don't forget to equip the titanium exhaust.

Hopefully i will be able to attend this Sunday. See you on the track gents.

Where do I go when there's 5 wide?! :lol:

There's room on the right :sly:
Too bad you can't join in on the fun this weekend.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of draft with the Lexus? Had a quick session with Wee and Disaster this afternoon and i could barely keep up down the Molussanne.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the lack of draft with the Lexus? Had a quick session with Wee and Disaster this afternoon and i could barely keep up down the Molussanne.
That's a good thing.:)

I'm very much looking forward to the race. I'm coming home on Saturday so I have time to buy the car and put parts on it. But it will actually be tough to run the car fully in. I'll try to make it.

Good to hear. On the first page, there are some questions you will have to answer, just copy them into a post with your answers and then join in with us on one if our many practice sessions, prior to the real thing on a Sunday.

Captain_roh will keep you informed of what's expected, etiquette and all.👍

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes.
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yes.
3. Is there anything you dont understand? No.
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Yes.
👍

I'll probably not gonna join practice sessions till saturday. WSGTC season 2 starts this friday and I'm too slow. :scared:
I'll probably be online on saturday though to get a feel on the stupid 8 gears of the lexus. It gets some time to be used to. But otherwise a great car. I have one allready but can't remember if I installed something after the RM.

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes.
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yes.
3. Is there anything you dont understand? No.
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Yes.
👍

Thanks for the interest crazy homeless guy.

I'll add you just as soon as I can, unfortunetely I need to have a sort out on my friends list. Its been full for a while and I'm having to delete folk to get new members in. Its getting to the stage where everyone I have on there is absolutely needed.

I'll get back to you just as soon as I've sorted the situation 👍

Sky have my internet back up, have bought my Lexus, now bob is doing the Japanese championship to run it in for me. Then tonight, if anyone is available, would like some practice!

picture.php

R.I.P crispy's bike, served him well for years, gone but not forgotten

done all the bits and bobs to the car and only churning out 521 bhp? don't know how you got yours to 572 bhp. disasterswas the same

You have got to put some miles on the engine; mine is at 530 hp now; but not able to reach 200 mph yet; need to run more miles.

First run I forgot it had 8 gears; thinking how n hell do you get to 200 mph:lol:

Right; you have to go into settings and turn on the titanium exhaust; I am at max horse power now (don't forget 99.4% limiter).

Also, I overlooked the Final Gear setting:dunce: - Don't forget to set that one drivers:)

I managed to reach 200 mph on La Sarthe (2009).

Sunday should be fun 👍

picture.php

R.I.P crispy's bike, served him well for years, gone but not forgotten

picture.php

but crispy's making a good recovery, lol

Hahahahaaaaaaa......thanks for the sympathy Wee :D:tup:

My bike actually had red tassles on it :sly:

Anyway, been having a blast running in the Lexus, albeit using the DS3, but should manage to get behind the wheel again for sunday. Should be on this evening for a practice if anyones about 👍

Sorry for my lack of input this week so far guys, been mad busy!

As for the Race Exhaust, it comes with the Race Mod. It must be the only car that doesnt install it automatically with the aero upgrade, but never mind.. You are to install it as other people have mentioned 👍

I'll also be on tonight for practice and to answer any questions you might have :)

Started holidays, I'll be on for practice shortly

Thanks for the practice runs Shin, Crispy, Sigma; should be rollicking on Sunday!

Last edited:
How did the practice go last night? Anyone doing some runs tonight, as I'm yet to get in it myself, bob has put the miles on for me!

Practice was good.

There wasnt many people show up but we had a good few races anyway.

The cars are fast, and Le Sarthe in particular is dangerous. You can go from hero to zero very very quickly, taking others out with you. Personally I feel its too dangerous to be passing on the run from Mulsanne to Indianapolis. But I know people will try anyway. I'll be watching the replays very carefully this week. If the car infront is leaving room then fair enough. But anyone thats causes incidents here will recieve instant warnings. Closing speed into braking points on the Mulsanne straight are also a problem. Great care is required.

Run offs are plentiful at Le Sarthe as well, but at usual you are not allowed to use them. I took some pictures and I'll upload them as soon as possible, just so there's no confusion.

Participants using run offs or short cuttings will be warned too.

Explanations of circuit boundaries and expectations.

Most of these should be common sense, but I just want to make it clear that short cutting will not be tollerated. If I see anyone straight lining the final chicane at La Sarthe for example, that will be an instant ban with no warnings. Any other occurances of exploiting track boundaries will be down to my discresion.

Run offs are for avoiding accidents and correcting mistakes only. Use them to gain an advantage and you will either be warned or banned.

NB; When I review the replays, anyone caught driving intentionally [Dirty] will be given a strike. X amount of strikes and you will be banned instantly. No warnings.

: Circuit De La Sarthe :

CDS1.png
[Dirty] Dunlop Chicane [turn 3]. On exit, keep all four wheels within green paint.
CDS2.png
[Dirty] Tertre Rouge [turn7]. On exit two wheels must remain in contact with rumble strips.
CDS3.png
[Dirty] Mulsanne Chicane #1 [turn9]. Must not cross the curbs in middle of chicane.
CDS4.png
[Dirty] Mulsanne Chicane #2 [turn 11]. Must not cross curb on chicane entry.
CDS5.png
[Dirty] Mulsanne Chicane #2 [turn 12]. Must not cross curb on chicane.
CDS6.png
[Dirty] Mulsanne Chicane #2 [turn 13]. Must not cross curb on chicane exit.
CDS7.png
[Dirty] Ford Chicanes. [turn 26] Must not cross rumble strips.
CDS8.png
[Dirty] Ford Chicanes. [turn 27] Must not cross rumble strips.
CDS9.png
[Dirty] Ford Chicanes. [turn 28] Must not cross rumble strips.

: Grand Valley Speedway :

GVS1.png
[Dirty] Turn 15. Must not cross rumble strip.

: Grand Valley Speedway :

GVS1.png
[Dirty] Turn 15. Must not cross rumble strip.[/QUOTE]

This is one that catches me out on occasion, more practice eh!

Lol! By the way, Circuit De La Sarthe is EPIC and hard too. Needs patient driving. GVS is epic too -for a vitual track ofcourse. Haven't done any practice at all and I hope tomorrow will be able to do so.

I was doing the WRS this week guys so I didn't have the time to join any practice lobbies too. I plan on being there Sunday but not up to speed.:)

Ooh...guys, just been called into work until 8 tonight, so might be a little late as it's a good 45min journey home, but will be there in time for the start of race one, might lose a little qualie time though 👍

See you tonight guys :D

Latest Posts

Back