Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Nice write up lads.

When I passed you first Crispy on the ring, (a few corners before the long straight of lap 3 I think) I was thinking down the long straight its going to be an easy 3rd spot then BANG!:scared: I must have fell asleep because I didn't turn for the slight left down the straight, so we were both in the pits getting patched up. Then I spun well into lap 4 thinking that was it, as you drove passed, but at the end of lap 5 there was a moment of deja vu.

The other 2 races were a little frustrating for me. Starting 2nd last when I qualified poll.:rolleyes: & damage on the other.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed Gary & organising the combos every week.

GTP_Aderrrm

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes.
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yep.
3. Is there anything you dont understand? Just 1 question. When is qualifying held for each race?
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Yep.

GTP_Aderrrm

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes.
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yep.
3. Is there anything you dont understand? Just 1 question. When is qualifying held for each race?
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Yep.

Great to have you here. Welcome. :cheers:

Usually qualifying takes place before each race. around 20 min. Sometimes we only qualify for 1st race and use reverse grid.

And Shin great car choice. I've been wanting to buy one of this for some time but never did. You'll make me buy one. 👍

I wont be able to make sundays race as im going for a work leaving drinks. but shud be back the follow week ;)

I just want to say thank you Gary for creating and maintaining the Concours club.
I think i speak for all of us when i say that we really appreciate the work you put in every week.
The Concourse club has given me the best online racing i've ever had.
This really is a special place and as i am sure you all know it's our responsibility to keep it that way by respecting each other and respecting the regulations.

Anyway, looking forward to this weeks lukewarm hatch action;)
See you on track guys

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you Gary for creating and maintaining the Concours club.
I think i speak for all of us when i say that we really appreciate the work you put in every week.
This really is a special place and as i am sure you all know it's our responsibility to keep it that way by respecting each other and respecting the regulations.

See you on track guys

👍

See you on track guys

I did not know his name was Gary; only as Shin Roh :); but I too appreciate all the effort Gary puts in to the Concours Club 👍

Thank goodness for Monza :sly:

It's going be fun drafting around Monza, especially the no chicane version. I can imagine some very close racing.

Hi Guys.

GTP: streetfighter80
PSN: streetfighter80

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? Yes
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? Yes
3. Is there anything you dont understand? No
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials? Fine, no problem

Hopefully get an opportunity to give this a go. Just cutting my teeth with online GT5 although spent a lot of time competing on Forza 3. If theres a space to race Il fill it! 👍

Cheers
Owen

What a great Sunday of racing that was. Thanks to everyone who turned up.👍 And of course thanks Shin for coming up with great combos week in week out. 👍

I made another video of the weekends action but after spending about an hour editing clips of the first race and then saving them(which is what takes most time) I realised I had compressed them in the wrong format. I couldn't be bothered to start again from scratch so its just from the final 2 races.

With regards to the aggressive driving you mentioned Shin I take it you mean the 2 collisions between me and Pag at turn 1 and turn 5. Im sure there was no intention to be aggressive from either party. The first 1 was my fault as I outbraked myself into turn 1, I gave the position back in turn 2.The second I didnt think was my fault and still dont after seeing the replay. I was perfectly happy with Pags driving and I assume he was happy with mine as I heard no complaints. As you said neither collision caused damage so there was no harm done.

Hope you guys enjoy the video. It is not available in all countries because somehow Youtube has managed to figure out what the music is, despite me removing all labelling from the file.

Next weeks combo is looking good. Should be some real close racing in these cars.

Yeah, 1st corner incident i was too busy looking at shin around corner, not thinking about you making a move up the inside, sorry about that i could of avoided if i went wide round corner. Wasnt sure about the other 1, cannot look at replay as i forgot to save.

Still had fun ;)

Hello, This looks good. I have been looking for some good clean online racing for ages. Havnt had much luck on open lounge. I havnt competed in online racing since gt5p so may be a bit rusty.
PSN ade3210

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR? yes
2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully? yes
3. Is there anything you dont understand? no
4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials yes

Mornin Guys, Sorry for the late replies. Went back to work this week so havent had much time to be on the computer. Had a little time on the PS3 though :sly:

This combo is turning out to be very nice indeed. As with any other time I've slowed the grid down a bit, we get bumper to bumper action where staying with the pack is THE most important thing. Make a bit of a silly lunge against your rival that puts you both out of position, and you WILL NOT catch back up, I guarantee you that!

Its momentum racing at its finest. Small engine, tight chassis, skinny tyres. Its a challange to go fast never mind overtake and such.

Looking forward to it! 👍

Oh and thank you all very much for the kind responses :) I do my best ;)

The other 2 races were a little frustrating for me. Starting 2nd last when I qualified poll.:rolleyes: & damage on the other.

I know how you feel mate, thats happened to me on a few occasions now. I'm going to have to do things a little different in the lobby to start I rekon. Ie, once all the competitors are in we all go for a one lap sprint. That seems to sort things out for the rest of the night. Qualifying after the single lap of course.

It does mean everyone being more punctual though.

Sorry couldnt make it lads. I was in a league racing and didn't get the chance to join you. Hopefully next time i will be there. :D

Whens the next practice set for, i need to run this thing in!

I'll be on for a practice session later, about 8-8.30 BST. If The Captain doesn't come online tonight, I'll set up a lobby 👍

I missed the practice yesterday, if anyone is up for it tonight, make your intentions known here!

I could make it tonight. Got work tomorrow evening so i have all night baby. :D Around what time are you thinking of starting it? around 2100 GMT?

DOUQA really nice vids, and glimpses of the back markers too :)

I do try to get as many people in as possible,its just that the lack of a rewind or fast forward in GT5s replay system makes it a pain to find good action.

If all you guys would like to see more of yourselves in my videos then try and make a mental note of where you were on track and on what lap you made the overtake etc., or if you had a great battle try and remember on which laps it was. Post details in here if you would like to see something you did and I'd be more than happy to show a bit more of you guys and a bit less of me.

Im up for practice at that time, how will I find you?

Just add us all to your friends list and I'm sure you'll find people online most evenings.

I am not sure if I will be on track this Sunday; not too excited about this combo; giving the WRS combo some time though.

I could also miss this weekend again, and next, due to girlfriends birthday this week and her sisters wedding next. Not to fussed about this weeks combo though I've yet to really drive the Alfa but we'll see on the day if I can show up.

I am not sure if I will be on track this Sunday; not too excited about this combo; giving the WRS combo some time though.

Just had a quick one on one with gtp_ade, this week is going to be fun, loads of frantic drafting and racing. It's going to be cut and thrust. Looking forward to it.

Big cheers to dhandes for the practice tonite

No problems!👍

Did say I was rusty, lol. I need much more practice before I will race. Is it ok to watch races from the lobby?

Back