Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Dont be down on the comfort combos! :P Nor forget we're racing machines of the 1970's just lately, how good a tyre compound do you think they had back then?

Well, I can't find any Lateral G numbers for the 512BB, not supprising really as it's so old. However, I have found some for it's replacement, the Testarossa:

"The Testarossa became Ferrari's flagship model in 1984, replacing the 512BB...Ferrari's intention was to create a more refined, practical supercar than the outgoing BB..."

The Testerossa pulls 0.88g, so should just about be on Comfort Softs according to Calan_svc's GT5 Tyre Calculator! With that in mind, what would be your best guess as to the 512BB's lateral g performance? I think Roh is being very realistic (& even a little generous) with the trye choice for this car.

👍

I will definately be there. Thank you for this combo Captain, I loved this car in GT5 Prologue. See you on Sunday.

Just to make sure: "Track: Rome / Reverse" = Rome then Rome reverse right?

PS: I just opened a practice room if anyone needs some miles 👍

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
Yes.

2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
Yes.

3. Is there anything you dont understand?
No.

4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
Yes.

PSN: mr2racer84

Thanks, I look forward to racing with ya'll!

Anyone opening a practice room today? My car is hungry for tarmac - only done 23 miles so far.

Just to make sure: "Track: Rome / Reverse" = Rome then Rome reverse right?

Actually no mate, we're just racing the reverse version this week 👍 If we race both, I will always list both ;)

Anyone opening a practice room today? My car is hungry for tarmac - only done 23 miles so far.

I've lent mine to bob while I finish up some work, then I'm popping out for dinner. Short story is I should be on tonight at some point. Possibly late, but definetely tomorrow, mid afternoonish :)

I won't be able to practice with you lot tonight, got a league race. Just thought I'd let you know since half the time Shin tells me a practice room is up I don't respond so I don't wat him to think I'm a 🤬 :lol:

Please add me to the roster of interested parties, I am looking forward to racing again come this week as my replacement copy of GT5 is in the mail as I type and should be in by next week.

PSN is SirOmega

I highly advise anyone racing tonight to have a little practice with the car + track if they haven't already. :P:P

I only realized tonight today's meeting clashes with my FC Porto first title of the Season.
At 9 PM I'll be watching the Portuguese Super Cup so I won't be racing today.
It's a shame because I would love to take the old Ferrari to the track. :(
Oh Well.
Goooooooooo Porto.

I also can't make it tonight lads, did my wrist it at football the other day and still can't use my wheel. I refuse to go back to the pad, it's just not right!

should be back next week though 👍

Hey were at the top of the thread page (CLUBS)!👍

Woefully no practice on this twitchy beast (no hp gain yet either 15 min before race time:dunce:

I was late anyways and just didn't feel like racing to be honest, especially since I didn't buy the car but knew from the license test it was a twitchy one. I also had to practice for other stuff, see you next week.👍

stealth.png

Really enjoyed this combo, so I thought I'd post up a pic of the stealth 512 ;) Unfortunetely things didnt go to plan for me on the night, I got frustrated too quickly and it effected my driving. Congratulations to BRM for the overall win though. Scoring equal points with Crispy it came down to race wins, giving BRM victory. I thought it was quite nice how you steadily made your way to the top step too, 3rd in the Lexus, 2nd in the Ford, and now 1st in the Ferrari. Well done mate 👍

: Week Twenty Two, Ferrari 512BB :

512result.png

rx7gtxcurrent.png

Continuing the classic theme, this week we venture over to the land of those crazy Japanese! As most of you know, nothing stays standard in japan for very long, so inspired by the tuner cars of best motoring, I thought a touge worthy RX7 would be in order. Its not strictly a classic, but its the earliest RX7 we have. Its light, its nimble, and it has enough power to scare a modern day sport car! Tackle those twistys with confidence gents, you'll find your own limits before this little Hōseki ;)

Scheduled Event: Sunday 14th 8pm (BST)
Track: Deep Forest Raceway [-] Trial Mountain Circuit [-] Eiger Nordwand Short Track [-]

Car: Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ’90
Tyres: Sport Soft
Aero Parts: Front Aero Type A
Tuning Parts: Stage 1 Weight Reduction, Carbon Bonnet, Sport ECU, Stage 1 Engine Tune, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports, Racing Exhaust, Low Range Turbo Kit, Semi Racing Flywheel, Carbon Propeller Shaft, Fixed Sport Suspension Kit
Settings: Power Restrictor @ 98.3% [326bhp]
Traction Control: Not Allowed
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Traction control is still not allowed in this event. ABS however is still optional. Please remember racing is scheduled for 8pm from now on also.

: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :

If you have not been active in racing at Concours within the last 6 weeks, I will be deleting you off of my friends list to make way for new members. You will however remain a member at Concours, and I will keep a record of anyone who has joined in the first post. If you wish to participate again, you will have to contact me so that I may add you once more.

Thank you for your understanding. It is simply a result of friend list limitations.​

Last edited:
Sorry Captain. I had problems with my connection. Again!:yuck:

PSN: GTP_Twissy
PSN: crazyhomelessguy
PSN: thebag69
PSN: mr2racer84

Thanks for registering guys. I'll add you very soon so you can join us for testing 👍

PSN is SirOmega

Hi Omega. Your interest is noted thank you. Please register as outlined in post one once you have GT up and running again. I'll add you as soon as you let me know 👍

Obviously all you guys will have to perform test laps with myself and a few other members, so respond as quickly as you can so you dont miss out on any race weekends 👍

Last edited:
What?
How did Aderrrm not win? Did he not win two races?

First race was a nightmare for me.
I set the fastest time in qualifying, just ahead of Douqa, but made the mistake of leaving track before the race. Douqa made the same mistake and we started side by side, at the back!
Paginas spun on lap one, i made contact and got damage.
Pitted, passed Jack, drove my tires to pieces and crashed again.
Finished 2nd to last.

Second race was better. Lying third, i pitted early and got a clear track.
Managed to catch up to Paginas and overtook him.
Disaster, in the lead, kept the gap but made a small mistake on lap 9 and i went through.
Paginas was flashing his high beams and honking his horn at me. Did i do something?
Let him through under braking for Parabolica just in case, and then drafted him for the win.

Race three, sorry Shin. I braked too late and couldn't quite keep the inside line.
I waited so you could draft me up the straight so we both could stay in contact with the pack. But then, under braking for the second chicane i got rear ended, and flew into Douqa who got stuck in the sand. Car was surprisingly fast despite showing three broken wheels, and i had a good battle with Kemp. Managed 3rd.

I was very surprised to see my name on the top of the podium though.
Aderrrm missed a race, but won the other two, no?

And thanks Shin. The thought crossed my mind as i was looking at the latest results. 3rd, 2nd, 1st, it was only natural :)

Like the look of the new criteria aswell.

BANZAI!

Last edited:
Thanks for registering guys. I'll add you very soon so you can join us for testing 👍

Hi Omega. Your interest is noted thank you. Please register as outlined in post one once you have GT up and running again. I'll add you as soon as you let me know 👍

Obviously all you guys will have to perform test laps with myself and a few other members, so respond as quickly as you can so you dont miss out on any race weekends 👍

Although I am unsure of when I will be available, can I do some laps? I posted a while back..

Although I am unsure of when I will be available, can I do some laps? I posted a while back..

Err sure?! Though I have a PM from you saying you wouldn't be able to race on sundays. Hence the idea for a friday club.

You're on my friends list already though, so if you're online when we pactice I'll shoot you an invite. I dont expect people to race week in week out, a small level of commitment is appreciated though 👍

Err sure?! Though I have a PM from you saying you wouldn't be able to race on sundays. Hence the idea for a friday club.

You're on my friends list already though, so if you're online when we pactice I'll shoot you an invite. I dont expect people to race week in week out, a small level of commitment is appreciated though 👍

Just practising with weescotman and BRM-V16 at the moment anyway, I'll show up when I can.

And the Friday Club is being worked on ;)

Its very quiet in here.... Are you all out beating rioters with sticks!? :D

Some guys have all the fun, there's never any excitement in my leafy suburb.

:lol:

Seriously though, I hope non of you guys have been effected by this. Stay safe gents.

Well i'm having a riot of my own in this FC.
It's such an entertaining little car. Great for drifting aswell.

Usually i break in the engine with B-spec, but not with this thing.
Can't let Bob and Bob have all the fun.

Back