Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Cheers Roh.

Darren!

I've just this second sent you a friend request. Sorry its taken so long.. I've been very busy of late. :ouch:

Should be on tonight though if you can join us? Failing that you can get me on saturday or sunday morning. Need to have a few test laps with you, but if you're SSCS verified it'll only be a formality ๐Ÿ‘

PSN GTP_Barbol
I've had enough desire to race, but I rushed a bit to sign up within a week too busy. Plus I'm going camping for the weekend. Perhaps I may arrive in time for the race, but without any preparation. I think it's best not to participate until next week.

Regards

I appreciate that Barbol. Everyone here at Concours is expected to (and do) race clean and fair to the very best of their ability. You are very welcome here, but if you wish to stay it is best you come prepared ;)

I look forward to racing you next week. Friend request sent ๐Ÿ‘

Really gutted I'm missing this week. Looks awesome. Tsukuba is great for racing and Fuji GT is one of my favourite tracks. :nervous:

Ahhh unlucky!!! :P Haha. Maybe I can win this one ;) Wait.... is Douqa about this weekend? :lol: You two are fast, very fast, but on a good day there are another 7 or 8 guys who can give you a run for your money out there. Maybe not over a single lap, but in a race for sure. Its the consitency that kills me. Do you guys ever make mistakes?? Because I do. Often!! :lol:

Great looking combo for this week Captain ๐Ÿ‘

Haven't tried the car in it's GT5 incarnation yet, but if I remember correctly my friend had a real one quite a few years back, lightly modded, and it was a crazy beast :lol: So if the GT one is anything like that...

...I'll see you guys in the pits ๐Ÿ‘

Anyway, I'll be on for a practice session around 8 gmt tonight, see you guys then maybe...

Crazy beast huh? Well, I think that was confirmed the other night! :scared: Fuji is not so bad, and Tsukuba is much more managable than I anticipated, but Suzuka!!!... My gosh. This car and that track combine for one hell of a wild ride! Racing should be intense on sunday ๐Ÿ‘

New seasonal is going to distract me from breaking in my Supra engine :)

:lol: I see those world circuit seasonals! You're a sucker for smooth tarmac aye mate ;) I havent had a chance to look at the restrictions, but maybe you can use the Supra to compete? ๐Ÿ‘

PS. I think the ๐Ÿ‘ emote was officially abused in this post :lol: Ah well :D

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

I might join tonight however i have a supergt race, it just depends if i have a good 1 and im in a good mood after LOL

After practice last night and a little b-spec this morning, I can confirm that max bhp for the Supra this weekend is 491.

Therefore, Power restrictor will not be used.

I have high hopes for this weekend guys. If last night was anything to go by the racing on sunday will be fantastic! I recommend preparing for those that havent already however, this car has a tendency to try facing the wrong direction ;)

i'll not be about tonight lads, still helping my mate finish his car. and i've not turned a wheel in the supra yet, i'd be an accident waiting to happen, lol
i'll be back for the next round of concours fun.
have fun guys

Same old story for me as well, I just don't have the time right now and I'll be out for this week and another 3 minimum with a fairly good chance of never being able to show up again ๐Ÿ‘Ž. However I will still show my support through other methods (expect a P/M Roh), as the short time I did have with the Concours was the best GT racing I've had.

I cannot make it tonight guys, just got back from a day out and damn who forgot the suncream, IM TOASTED, i can hardly move im sooo burnt.

Sorry guys, see you next week

Hope all goes well tonight

Sorry, I left. Call of nature!

Good first race, got tagged by Kemp on the first lap, then had to pit to repair damage. Put in some consistent laps and finished 6th.

Suzuka, clean start, made up places from 12th to 7th. Was watching a right good battle between burr and blacquejack, got past burr and blacquejack courtesy of him pitting. Had to dash to toilet, so called it a day. Hope all had fun!

Good turnout yesterday despite all the usual suspects that didn't show.

Middle of the pack stuff for me. Qualified 4th, 4th, and 5th, and got 3 5th places.
I was not comfortable on Fuji and ran wide on a number of occasions.
Had some good fights with John, Burr, and Kemp.

I have to say kudos to Sparkysun for being very considerate and letting me by. ๐Ÿ‘
Also, Darren had a moment where he was being lapped at Tsukuba. Well done for imagining the blue flags being waved and letting us by. ๐Ÿ‘

Great night for Crispy who took the chequered flag in all races. I suggest a success penalty in the form of 50 kg of ballast next round. :sly:

See you soon racers

One of my favourite Sundays so far ๐Ÿ‘

I was actually in some mid-field battles for a change!

I think I perform better when the cars have more horsepower and racing tires on real world circuits. :sly: hint

No incidents except of my own creation :dopey:

Good battles with Burr and Marooned in different races :) ๐Ÿ‘

I am willing to keep the Sunday's going while Shin is away. You know what Combo's I'll suggest :sly: hint again :)

What a blast that was!! I had tons of fun, despite making stupid mistakes in every race :grumpy: I came out on the second step which was a very nice surprise! Considering I came 7th in race 3. The third step was hotly contested too. Marooned and Vegard finishing on equal points. With a second place finish to his name, Marooned just snook in ahead of Vegard to take the bronze medal ;) Out in front though, and undisputed was Mr Pie Eater! Crispy McCrust took 3 out 3 wins and a very deserved top spot. Well done mate, perfect performance ๐Ÿ‘

Looking forward to slowing it down this week, as when we do, we never fail to have great battles, very closely faught from start to finish. Tricky conditions on this one though gents. As always, get some practice in to avoid disappointment ;)

: Week Twenty Four, Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT :

supraresult.png

300SLcurrent.png

Sir Stirling Moss, so good, they named a special edition SLR after him! Not bad eh ;) Well lets pay him tribute, and round off this spat of classic competition with one of, if not THE most beautiful car in GT5. The Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe. In my opinion, one of the finest examples of coachwork ever to grace the planet. And in Stirling Moss spirit, lets make this dangerous. Nordschleife, Le Mans, enduro! Qualifying will take place over 10minutes at a random track of your choosing. The track will be put to the vote, and must be less than 2miles long. 40minute races will follow. Le mans first, then Nordschleife last, reverse grid. The car isnt fast by Concours standards, but the pack will be tight and exciting. That said, anyone who scratches my Merc will Pay!! :D

Scheduled Event: Sunday 28st 8pm (BST)
Track: Cicuit De La Sarthe 2005 [-] Nurburgring Nordschliefe [-]

Car: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ย’54
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Aero Parts: Not Allowed
Tuning Parts: Not Allowed
Settings: TBC
Traction Control: Not Allowed
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

I am very sorry to say this, but this will be the very last Concours event. Until September 25th :sly: Reason being is I am going to Italy to watch the GP at Monza, and get in a nice holiday while I'm at it. I will be gone for three weekends as of the 4th of September, so Concours will be out of action until I return. Sorry chaps. I would very much appreciate you keeping the forum alive for me, and I will try to check in myself whenever I can, I encourage you all to meet up and keep the Concours spirit alive too. Organize race combos, let each other know you'll be online, whatever. There's no reason you shouldnt be racing each other, even if there are no 'official' race meets. Enjoy this final combo gentlemen, and I'll try to think of something special for my return ;)๐Ÿ‘

I'm so sorry I couldn't make the last combo.:guilty:
Now I WILL NOT miss this week!!!

OK...

I did not realize the car had any upgrades besides just fancy painted stripe :dopey:

Just wanted to show it off :)

It has suspension work done to it I believe, but I wouldn't want to put a customisable suspension on my car....:scared:

Edit: Also, F1 2011 sounds like it's going to be epic when it gets realeased, two days before your return concours, could that delay concours any further?

Sorry I've been a stranger of late. I've been stacked out recently and was away last week and I'd feel a bit silly walking into the hotel reception with my G25 in tow, so it was lots of FIFA and COD WAW to keep me going, oh and beer.

I'll definitely be there this week, I love the Nurburgring and La Sarthe. Should manage some practice at some point too. See you all out there.

What a blast last night was...and I'm not saying that just because I got myself on the top step :lol:

The tuned Supra was a great car to drive, and after doing many practice starts, I managed to get off the line pretty well and into the lead at turn 1...nice, although Shin, John and Cpt D kept me honest throughout the nights racing ๐Ÿ‘

Looking forward to this weeks combo! Better get me a Merc and run it in then...

ZOMG! My Favourite car in GT5! Thank you!!!!!!!! :D

Also I loled at Crispy Mc crust. :lol:

Looking forward to Sunday. Enjoy Monza.. :)

Overuse of similes in this pos.

:) ;) :D :lol: ๐Ÿ‘ :dunce: ๐Ÿ’ก :sly:

Edit: Also, F1 2011 sounds like it's going to be epic when it gets realeased, two days before your return concours, could that delay concours any further?

F1 2010 game and subsequently F1 2011 game is the only thing that keeps me off the GT5 circuits :)

The merecedes is fun and surprisingly controllable (those big ol fifties tires maybe); hardest thing for me is settling on a paint colour :)

Last edited:
Oh pleeeeeease Shin can we have an LSD, pleeeeeeease.
In-lift on all corners with this thing. Look for strange tyre wear on those rears.

Why do you have to go on vacation Shin. Surely staying at home an organizing Concours is much more important than some GP race at Monza or drinks with umbrellas at the poolside with 30 degrees and sunshine. Come on Shin, get your priorities right!
I'll be sending a strongly worded letter to the authorities, demanding your passport be confiscated...

Seriously though, Jack, we should run some bootleg Concours races while he's gone.
I suggest BlacqueJack set the criteria and pick the tracks, seeing that he called shotgun and all.

PS: I want an LSD

Some great races on Sunday night guys, had some amazing battles, especially on Fuji ๐Ÿ‘

This week looks fun once again, I'll get the car run in etc but not sure if I'll be able to make it on Sunday, will be fitting my new kitchen over the weekend so depends how I get on / how tired I am afterwards.....

Great driving from ya Chris, quick & consistent.
I should be around for a bit of practice this time. The WRS had me occupied last week. Still, I thought I would at least launch the thing of the line properly:dunce:. I had a nice battle with Vegard & Burr on Fuji which was the highlight of my evening.
Monza!, :cool: enjoy.

Recomandation of the day:
Practice mode, Nordschleife
300 SL on comfort hard
Cockpit mode, view narrower
All hud off
All assists off

MAGIC

I will get in. I like the 300SL, I won't be racing too win, just cruising around. Gorgeous car to end this run of Concours ๐Ÿ‘

I wish I had a little more time to practice this week.. but wont get chance till tomorrow now, and sunday morning. I've been meeting my brother online for a bit of MW2 recently, wont see him for a month between my holiday and his. Glad you all seem to be enjoying the combo though, I love this car and I cant wait to get some seat time. Not driven it at Le Sarthe at all yet, I not sure I've driven the 2005 version at all either :scared: Hopefully I'll catch you guys tomorrow :)

Great racing guys ๐Ÿ‘

Sorry for my late reply but I've been in bed since Sunday. what can I say, epic driving from every one I came across in the three races, and I still can't believe I got 3rd place, I got the car started practicing with a lot in my head, who will be there on Sunday, which track we'll race on, for how long are we going to practice and qualify, what if I didn't reach the 491HP, how things will go, after all it's my first official Concour's. Sunday came and my car is not at max HP I joined the room and started doing hot laps which was a disaster, I don't remember much about the races (I need to watch them) but Tsukuba with BlackJacques was amazing it's been a long time since I had that much adrenaline rush from GT, Suzuka (my all time fav. track) was vert intense specially taking care and looking around so not to hit any other car at the 1st corner after that it was just keeping the car in the racing line, Cpt_Disaster was ahead of me leading the race and I'm in 2nd we finished the lap I guess it was 6/7 not sure he pits and I lead if only I didn't loose 2 seconds that last lap before my pit may be I would have got out right behind him, finished up 4th and happy about it. then came Fuji GT my biggest fear, what relaxed my mind a bit was the fact that I'm running at 491HP now so straight line speed will be good, I took it easy and drove not to win but to reach the finish line and due to an unfortunate accident for Cpt_Disaster at the pit entry I managed to keep 2nd place behind Chris.

Thank you all for a great Sunday evening. :cheers:

Back