Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
I dont like to tune the cars at Concours too much Darren. Otherwise they all start feeling the same. I like to keep them as stock as possible instead, so you have to adapt your driving style to the car, as opposed to adapting the car to suit you.

Also, once you start allowing people to tune, it makes it all the more difficult to police. For those reasons I try to use parts without adjustment options or leave them completely stock, in order that people who try to gain an unfair advantage stand out from the rest.

Bob is currently running in the Silvia, but I'm going out very shortly. Will be online for a while at some point tomorrow though, so look out for me all of you, we'll get some practice in and a farewell race or two ;)

What if we put NA3 level on it? I say that for 2 reasons:
1) I have it fully tuned and need to buy another on which will be useless after our race
2) It has low HP stock to give the thrill we need in GP tracks (wide, fast, curbs)

I dont like to tune the cars at Concours too much Darren. Otherwise they all start feeling the same. I like to keep them as stock as possible instead, so you have to adapt your driving style to the car, as opposed to adapting the car to suit you.

Also, once you start allowing people to tune, it makes it all the more difficult to police. For those reasons I try to use parts without adjustment options or leave them completely stock, in order that people who try to gain an unfair advantage stand out from the rest.

Bob is currently running in the Silvia, but I'm going out very shortly. Will be online for a while at some point tomorrow though, so look out for me all of you, we'll get some practice in and a farewell race or two ;)

I understand. I'll be there for practice, and farewells. (For a few weeks :D )

As Roh said, no tuning; just use the default settings of the Race Mod version with racing hard tires.

As for credits; race one of the recent seasonal events and you'll have plenty of extra credits to buy an additional Silvia RM (that is what I am doing) if need be.

The Silvia RM is a fantastic car, already got quite a few miles in on mine...great choice Jack 👍

Definitely about tomorrow for some races before you go Shin :D

What if we put NA3 level on it? I say that for 2 reasons:
1) I have it fully tuned and need to buy another on which will be useless after our race
2) It has low HP stock to give the thrill we need in GP tracks (wide, fast, curbs)

When I first started driving it I thought it could be more powerful too. However it'll still hit 150/160mph on the straight aways. Which is perfectly respectable for a sports car class. It handles brilliantly as well. Should be close competition! So no more power neccesary.

Just give me your car afterward ;) I'll give you something in return 👍

Last edited:

silviaRMcurrent2.png

I hadnt realised just how good this car was until yesterday, and I'm absolutely gutted to be missing out on it. The car is so well planted that if you arent driving right on the limit, you be travelling down the order pretty quickly. Sundays racing will be closely faught I'm sure of that. Late braking moves, attempts around the outside, three wide action. It'll all be there. And all race long! Enjoy this combo gentlemen, because I've a feeling it'll make a come back on my return :D

Scheduled Event: Sunday 4th 8pm (BST)
Track: Suzuka Circuit [-] Nürburgring GP/F [-] Autodromo Nazionale Monza [-]

Car: Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO
Tyres: Racing Hard
Aero Parts: Racing Modification
Tuning Parts: Not Allowed
Settings: Power Restrictor @ 99.8% [286bhp]
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

I am very sorry to say this, but this will be the very last Concours event. Until September 25th :sly: Reason being is I am going to Italy to watch the GP at Monza, and get in a nice holiday while I'm at it. I will be gone for three weekends as of the 4th of September, so Concours will be out of action until I return. Sorry chaps. I would very much appreciate you keeping the forum alive for me, and I will try to check in myself whenever I can, I encourage you all to meet up and keep the Concours spirit alive too. Organize race combos, let each other know you'll be online, whatever. There's no reason you shouldnt be racing each other, even if there are no 'official' race meets. Enjoy this final combo gentlemen, and I'll try to think of something special for my return ;)👍

Obvously I'll be taking lots of photos while I'm away, and it'd be great if you guys could do the same :) Take lots of piccys of your favourite moments in the next few weeks of Concours, I plan to use one of them for a new banner when I return. Remember 600px max, but please do include a link to the full size image, un edited. That way I can manipulate it for banner usage. Happy Snapping gents 👍

Last edited:
Shin, why didn't you include the Racing exhaust which exists on RMs but has to be put on to give the power? If someone has put it on, he cannot take it back and he is DQ from the race. You may further restrict the power afterwards if you want to.

Shin, why didn't you include the Racing exhaust which exists on RMs but has to be put on to give the power? If someone has put it on, he cannot take it back and he is DQ from the race. You may further restrict the power afterwards if you want to.

Until I read this I was pretty sure the race exhaust was equipped on my Silvia. I will check to confirm. Cheers for the heads up Rotor 👍

:lol:

Hey Kamy 👍 I'll be on tonight with a few guys actually, so come join us. I'll also be on as often as I can be leading up to the weekend :)

And just to confirm, Race exhaust is equipped and comes standard with Race Modification. It needs to be used to reach the bhp limit, however I think it is equipped automatically. Was a while ago that I bought this car though, so I may have to buy another to check..... actually gimme a sec;

Yep, just bought a brand new RM silvia.. Race Exhaust installed as standard. No additional parts nessecary 👍

I know racing exhaust exists in every RM vehicle. The point is that it is not equipped until you put it on in settings because it is unchecked. When you check it you get the added power. Seen it more than once.

Yes, that is my understanding; it is part of race mod, but you have to turn it on-Suggest all turn on; wait for Captain Roh's confirmation though.

Last edited:
I know racing exhaust exists in every RM vehicle. The point is that it is not equipped until you put it on in settings because it is unchecked. When you check it you get the added power. Seen it more than once.

Yes, that is my understanding; it is part of race mod, but you have to turn it on-Suggest all turn on; wait for Captain Roh's confirmation though.

Yep, just bought a brand new RM silvia.. Race Exhaust installed as standard. No additional parts nessecary 👍

Race exhaust and all other parts included in Race Mod are allowed in the combo. In this car the exhaust is already checked, so no need to change anything.

I've also just altered the criteria slightly as well, as it turns out the engine will give a fraction more and power limiter needs to be set to 99.8% as opposed to 99.9.

Very minor adjustment. Everything else stays default as usual 👍

Weirdly mine didn't install itself like yours did.:confused: Maybe yours was built after the latest patch?

So click on exhaust if not allready 'clicked' then (I am at 285 hp as of now (150 miles approx.)

I have reached 287 hp, I think that is the max. Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:
I think 287 is correct mate. But you will be limiting the lobby to 285, and the cars themselves to 286. 99.8% power 👍

Everyone up for tonights races? I hvnt raced with you guys for 2 weeks (i think) so hopefully everything goes to plan and i can race tonight ;)

Latest Posts

Back