Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Great racing tonight tonight guys.... Really enjoyed myself.

I will try think of a combo tomorrow if im bored at work but im useless so it will prob be rubbish ha

Sorry I couldn't make it last night chaps, been very busy workwise lately...two weeks in a row :grumpy:

And gutted to have missed out on the racing, as the test sessions with the Silvia were fantastic! Anyway, hope you lot had fun, I've booked two weeks off work now, so will definately be here this sunday 👍

Anyone got any ideas for this weeks combo, I was thinking maybe we could keep with the RM cars, and maybe go with the Acura NSX RM?

:cool:

Hiya.

Did anybody turn up? Its like a ghost town in here!

Just thought I'd pop in to see how it all went. At least one of you had fun :boggled:

I'm just about to get my head down anyway, about 5 minutes from the Leaning Tower Of Pisa. I'll pop in before I leave tomorrow but probably wont be on again till Milan.

So arrivederci 👍

I'll catch ya later.

lookout2.png

. Somewhere between Buggiano and Porcari .​

I enjoyed the racing on Sunday too, had some nice battles.

As for the next combo I dont mind going with the Acura NSX RM & maybe tuning it to at least 350bhp, other wise it would be too similar to last week.

Tracks I vote for: Special Stage Route 5, Cape Ring Periphery, Daytona Road Course.
I havent raced at any of these tracks at Concours yet.

@ Gary

There was about 7/8 I think on Sunday, I had one quite race, the other 2 lots of action, a successful nights racing.

Looks nice there, enjoy:tup:

Last edited:
We had 7 entrants, hopefully more next Sunday.

I will post some pics and video and the finish orders hopefully by Wednesday at the latest:)

I would suggest we go for a slippy combo this week since last week was so grippy.
I'll throw a few suggestions out there and then run and hide.

Mercedes C63 AMG on comfort soft
Lotus Elise '96 on comfort medium
Honda Civic Type-R '08 on comfort soft
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec on Comfort soft

What say ye racers?

Great racing and close battles with the Silvia on sunday, very enjoyable 👍 Some interesting proposals for this week's chariot so I'd better chuck mine into the pot. How about the F40 with sport hard's and a mild tune? Cheers guys!

F40 on SM please. Stock (best) or only with close 5 speed gearbox. And on F1 or other wide tracks.

I vote the same 👍

Since it was my combo last week; I nominate Rotarist to provide the combo specs so we can get started (It is Thursday already) and break the engine in and race Sunday; I think we shoud put Monza in there, we may see Shin in the stands :lol:

So how about the combo and any specs, our Finnish friend :)

Last edited:
Erm.... :lol:

Definately throw Monza in again, thinking maybe Indy Road, and, er...somewhere else :D

1st Update

I think F40 with SM tires, no aids except ABS, tuning only for brake bias (as usual), stock gearbox and less weight (1150kgs) since original is 1100kgs. Stock engine power.

Tracks: What about Monza, Daytona Road course and Grand Valley East ?
Laps: wait for calculations. Do you all agree with 3 races of 30-35mins each and reverse grid after the first one?

Last edited:
1st Update

I think F40 with SM tires, no aids except ABS, tuning only for brake bias (as usual), stock gearbox and less weight (1150kgs) since original is 1100kgs. Stock engine power.

Laps: wait for calculations. Do you all agree with 3 races of 30-35mins each and reverse grid after the first one?

Thumbs up from me Rotor 👍

I mean less weight than stock in GT5. It doesn't go as low as 1100 kilos (which is the real world weight of F40) using weight reduction and back then fuel and driver weren't calculated. 1170 kilos is the nowadays weight for F40. If you think so, we'll go with ballast up to this figure.

Last edited:
I mean less weight than stock inGT5. It doesn't go as low as 1100 (which is the real world weight of F40) using weight reduction and back then fuel and driver weren't calculated. 1170 is the nowadays for F40. If you think so, we'll go with ballast up to this figure.

👍

Still, i would suggest we leave it stock.

Someone must decide about weight then. I prefer it corrected, because GT5 has it totally ruined.

BlacqueJack ? Votes to decide or what?

Rotorist
1st Update

Did you mean 1050 kg ?

Let Rotorist decide weight; please post car weight before GTP goes offline for maintenance!

Latest Posts

Back