Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Oh what do we put on to lose the weight

Oh did it:

Parts = stage 3 weight reduction then put the ballast on...

Bonjourno!! :cool:

Nice to see a few of you are active still, the photos BlaqueJacque took from last weekend look pretty darn cool. Like I said earlier I think we'll have to revisit that one some time, I was enjoying the practice sessions immensly.

Sorry I've not been in as much as I'd hoped. But its to be expected :D Been having too much fun, and to be honest this is the first day in four days I've had WIFI access. I've only come in to say hello mind, I'll be off on my travels again after tonight so probably wait till I get back to talk about the GP especially. Was a cracker, but I'm sure most of you saw it anyway 👍

At the moment I'm sat next to lake Como up in the mountains. Drove here from Monza this morning. I'll be off for a swim very shortly but I'll leave you with a couple of pictures before I go. Hope you all had fun in the F40 too, its a beautiful machine, and I've seen one in the flesh this weekend. My second ever sighting!

Anyways, arrivederci, for now. Have a good'n fellas 👍

comogt.png

gpgt.png

Hi guys, sorry I missed yesterday. I have a lot of building work going on at my house at the minute, and my PS3 has had to move upstairs where there is only a terrible wireless connection. Might be out for the next couple of weeks until I get an ethernet cable upstairs.....hopefully won't be too long though....

Glad to see you're having a good time too Shin 👍

And also massive 👍 to the guys for setting up the races while Shin takes a break, even though I can't make them :grumpy:

Lake Como looks like Vancouver Island :)

Enjoy your holidays; hope the Monza weather continues for you 👍

So who's got the next 'Shin on holidays' combo?

Fiat 500 (The new one). All power parts besides the turbos and Fixed suspension plus transmissions parts and aero parts that will be set at full.
We're going 500 Cup this sunday.

What do you guys say??
About tires since it would be like a race car I say Race hards, but that's a bit grippy. Any suggestions?? If you like the idea of course.
If so I'll detail the specs.

PS:It's my oportunity to bring the Fiat into Concurs. :D:D:D

I see the that the BOSS is on vacation... But I would like to join anyway, this looks like great fun.... :)

1. Do you agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR?
- Yes, Always have and always will..

2. Have you read all 3 opening posts fully?
- Yes

3. Is there anything you dont understand?
- Nope

4. Are you willing to perform a few test laps to prove your respectful racing credentials?
- No problem... Although I see a few names in the members list who can vouch for me if that helps any... :)👍

PSN: Blitz187

No joining until the host is back from vacation is my understanding; someone will confirm that.. :)

On the first page of thread:

Concours Club Organiser Captain Roh will be on holiday September 4th through September 18th. During this time, no official scheduled events will be posted nor new members initiated. Thank you for your understanding. I look forward to racing you on my return.

I see the that the BOSS is on vacation... But
would like to join anyway, this looks like great fun.... :)

PSN Blitz187

It will be good to have you with us mate 👍 I'm sure you'll have no trouble in joining as soon as the Captain returns.

A suggestion; why not pick one of the following cars for Shin-less Sunday;

Acura NSX RM '91

-------------------------------------------------
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10

--------------------------------------------
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06

Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97

Lexus IS F RM '07

Lotus Elise RM '96

Lotus Elise 111R RM '04

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX  GSR RM '05

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

Race Hard tyres
Suzuka
Laguna Seca
Nurmburgring GP/D

Last edited:
I vote for Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10.
And I would like to see 1 night or wet track, something different.

I vote for once to have a wet race too. As for the vehicle, whatever all you choose, I'll try to race with you.

Just a word for F40's past weekend. Some people know how to drive really fast, but their way of driving alongside others is terrible when they chase. I have made several stupid mistakes during previous races too (mainly because of no or v.little practice on the car), but not so huge accidents as what I saw in Monza's race...

No joining until the host is back from vacation is my understanding; someone will confirm that.. :)

On the first page of thread:

Yeah I saw that.. I wasnt expecting to get initiated right away... So he can look at it when he comes back from vacation.. :)👍

It will be good to have you with us mate 👍 I'm sure you'll have no trouble in joining as soon as the Captain returns.

Yup! Haven't seen you in a while either :) I'll wait for the Captain to be back so he can evaluate me... :P

How about Nurburgring GP/D. After all, it is a German car 👍

OK so tracks are set, Suzuka in weather, Laguna Seca and Nurnburgring GP/D; VW Golf RM only, hold off on max engine tune until people have an opinion, race hard tyres.

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

Race Hard tyres
Suzuka
Laguna Seca
Nurmburgring GP/D

Practicing today at Shin's :) Once the Gran Turismo server back online :grumpy:

My opinion: upgrade intake (sport intake manifold and race filter) and exhaust (sports exhaust manifold and sports catalytic converster); sports ecu tuning; and all 3 stages of engine upgrade; leave it with supercharger only (no turbo stages).

This should make it tougher to control in the wet (Maybe)?

Last edited:
I basically agree but it has 250 PS only... No problem though. Decide about it until tomorrow to have the settings fixed for practicing.

My opinion is...lets do it!! 👍

Fully agree with all three stages on the engine tuning, the Golf is a little underpowered without it. And like Jack said, it should make things more exciting in the wet :D

OK, all three engine stages!

Do you want the turbos instead of the supercharger? Go ahead use turbo's; can always turn them off and use supercharger only if we want; time to practice!

The Golf race mod is a blast; rain will be fun!

Last edited:
Had a few runs round Suzuka in the wet with Will and John last night...great fun 👍

Didn't use the turbos on the car, but just wandering what you meant about using the supercharger Jack, as on mine it isn't available!

gears also, we were topping out on the straights so bumped the top speed upto 160, workeda treat.

Latest Posts

Back