Cone Killer Racing(CKR) 10/20/11 2 New tunes in the OP

Question: If your only goal is to win why do you never use soft racing tires? Most online lobbies allow them, and uf you don't have them, you probably aren't winning.

Some lobbies run sports cars on sports tyres , some of the competitive lobbies have stricter rules such as no traction control and limited tyre choice.

Id agree with you that if you join a random room online then tyres among other things are unrestricted, you would be better with racing softs.

Take any of the 450pp vehicles sports soft are plenty adequate for the job, I have a 570bhp Evo RM on sports mediums .

I say racing tyres for racing cars (actual race cars) I was racing in a touring car series earlier on racing hards theyre plenty grippy . Not to mention racing softs can 'neuter' the feel or pleasure in a car.

Also even though our cars are tuned on sports tyres they would be even faster on racing grade.

Question: If your only goal is to win why do you never use soft racing tires? Most online lobbies allow them, and uf you don't have them, you probably aren't winning.

Well my lobbies are always restricted SS tires no aids, and I can usually find other rooms doing the same thing. 400-500pp range SS are adequate. 550pp is a little much for some on SS tires. I did tune the Spirra and R34 on RS rubber, give those a spin if that is what your looking for.

White & Nerdy

I tend not to race online as there are too many people that just crash into people for fun. But when j do j use race soft Tyres.
Running the car on sport hard is much more fun when I'm offline. Race softs make the cars stick too much takes the skill and fun out of it.

Not sure if this is the proper place for this, so if it is in the wrong place I'll offer my apologies up front.....

Just tried the 2007 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) 450PP (DS3) by Indy Racerfan, and I wanted to say thanks for posting this setup. I have had a blast with it this morning. Made the little Miata fun again !! Kudos to you Sir, and I will look forward to your other tunes. 👍

Not sure if this is the proper place for this, so if it is in the wrong place I'll offer my apologies up front.....

Just tried the 2007 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) 450PP (DS3) by Indy Racerfan, and I wanted to say thanks for posting this setup. I have had a blast with it this morning. Made the little Miata fun again !! Kudos to you Sir, and I will look forward to your other tunes. 👍

This the perfect place for it!! I am also pretty sure Indy will be very happy to read your review. 👍

76Txn.jpg

Mitsubushi GTO Twin-turbo MR '98

499bhp 1359kg @ 549pp tuned on sports softs

Installed parts

Rear aero A - downforce at 20, Weight reduction stage 3, window weight reduction

NA tune 1.2.3, Sports ECU, Sports Intake manifold, Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold, Catalytic converter sports, Racing exhaust

Twinplate clutch, semi-racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft

6 speed close ratio gearbox

Fully customisable suspension

Front Rear
ride height 0 -10
spring rate 6 6.4
damper ext 4 6
damper comp 3 6
antiroll bar 4 5

camber 0 0.8
toe 0 0.20

Brake balance Front 3 / Rear 4

CKR presents the GTO twin turbo. Mitsubushi provide us with 4WD and a great sounding engine, its still a little on the heavy side at 1359kg after weight reduction. But fitted with a new suspension and a close ratio gearbox the car is a lot more driveable and you can really get the power down out of the bends. Tuned for online racing.

Thanks for the review alfster. Update I'm working on both the SLS and F1, and will be putting them up for share in the next couple days(back surgery has taken alot of get up and go away from me) and would like to know how they work online. the gears on the F1 are still being a bitch to sort out as fifth seems way to "big" and sixth won't engage on shorter tracks, but it's a dream to drive at the ring.(for those that at are on my FR list it's sister F1 is on share to check out i think I have it on R2 or S3's)
That's it for now.

Tune fast or Die trying
Indy

bigberry
Mitsubushi GTO Twin-turbo MR '98

499bhp 1359kg @ 549pp tuned on sports softs

Thanks for the tune BB.
Really surprised how well this big lump handles.
Managed a 1:26.xxx on deep forest so far. But will be better. My baby boys been ill all weekend so only managed 4 laps with this so far. Aim to get more GT5 time later this week.

Will do a proper review once I've tested it some more.
Cheers
Cactus.

Last edited:
Hope your baby boys not crying all night :D . Its probably one of those cars that handles better online as the physics are a bit looser .

Hope your baby boys not crying all night :D . Its probably one of those cars that handles better online as the physics are a bit looser .

He's crying, vomiting and generally just being ill. hes' only 7 weeks old so it's actually a bit of a problem. wife is at hospital with him at the moment.

I'll check it out online once I get some time on my PS3 mate.
I was very surprised how different on and offline are. my own RX8 tunes thats a work in progress is pretty good offline but totally tail happy and pretty much uncontrollable online. I have a lot to learn on the tuning
front.

Crap the hospital , hope all goes well.

Theres more oversteer online , and the ride heights you can get away with offline need to be more balanced ive found.

Ive got a Focus RS 02 coming soon 500pp tyre smoking monster. Its quite wild for an FF .

Crap the hospital , hope all goes well.

Theres more oversteer online , and the ride heights you can get away with offline need to be more balanced ive found.

Ive got a Focus RS 02 coming soon 500pp tyre smoking monster. Its quite wild for an FF .

Thanks mate, it's just a cold but not good for a kid so young the older one has the same thing and is all fine.

I have tuned a Focus RS for a tourney I was in. it's one hell of a car to control once the wheels start spinning( which is most of the time. Not sure What PP level it was at. I'll dig it out later and PM it to you. see what you think.

Updated OP with bigberry's New Tune. 550PP 1998 Mitsubushi GTO Twin-turbo MR.

Also i've been updating the Online Status of some of my tunes.So far i've got some of my 450PP tunes updated.

@Cactus.I hope the baby gets to feeling better man.

"THE JOKER"
HighSpeedRing-1.jpg

Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 New from Dealership(DS3)

368HP(engine not broke in)
1075kg
TRQ-346
510PP

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Motegi Racing Touge Rims
Aero: Front type B, Rear type B
Paint Any "Joker" colors

Tune Shop:
Stage 3 weight reduction
window reduction
Carbon Hood Car color
Stage 2 engine
ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air filter
Sports exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Mid-Range Turbo
F/C Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
S3 tires

The Tune:
Ballast:15kg/+50(54F/46R)
Downforce:0/20

Trans:
first set top speed to 199
leave final gear at 4.100 adjust 1st-5th
1st:3.130
2nd:2096
3rd:1.525
4th:1.165
5th:0.933
6th:0.783

Suspension:
R/H: -25F/-20R
S/R: 4.2F/3.4R
D/E: 4/3
D/C: 3/2
Anti-roll: 2/1

Brakes: 4/6

LSD: 29/30/11

Tuner notes: was messing around trying to make a "drifter" and well I Failed Big time(I don't know how to drift,Old Dog new trick thing), But this is a fast car. Beat my Z06 time at high speed ring by little over a full second and the vette was on R3's (1:43.6xx to 1:44:7xx).
Feed back welcome.Hope you enjoy. Indy

Last edited:
bigberry
Its probably one of those cars that handles better online as the physics are a bit looser .

well I had one lap round deep forest online an beat my offline tune in this GTO by a second. This is a much better car online.
Amazing how much different it is.

1994 McLaren F1 "BEEFEATER"

NrburgringNordschleife_1_1.jpg

Buy new from McLaren Dealership(Sadly we do not get the paint chip)
586HP
1200kg
480ft/lbs
600PP

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Aero Kit:F type A, Ext. Type A, Wing Type B
Rims: BBS LM-S

Tune Shop:
F/C Transmission
F/C Suspension
LSD
S3 and R2

The Tune:

Ballast: 60kg/-50(49F/51R)
Dwnfrce:20F/50R
Limiter:93.6%

Transmission:
Set Top Speed to 224mph
then adjust gears(dont touch final 2.370)
1st:5.312
2nd:3.473
3rd:2.492
4th:1.878
5th:1.488
6th:1.239

LSD: 12/19/16

Suspension:
Ride height:-30/-25
Spring Rate: 16.4/18.6
Damp(Ext): 8/9
Damp(com):6/8
Anti-Roll:7/4

Camber:.4/.6
Toe: -.07/.10

Brakes:3/4

Tuner Notes: This incarnation was built to destroy the British Lightweight Seasonal and to make Nurburgring go by a little faster(limiter has to be reset to 59.8% at 374hp. This car Loves the rings curbs and eats them for dinner.As mention below from SFB this is an all around tune and the first 600PP from CKR. As for tire choice I tested this with both S3 and R2. I used R2 in the seasonal event, and used S3 for the tune, I prefer not mixing tire compounds. Thanks SGETI for bring this to my attention
Hope you enjoy the Beefeater

Indy
@Indy Racerfan

I tried that McLaren out and i love it!

I could really push this thing hard and have no worries about oversteer.The Acceleration and Deceleration are set-up very well in this car and suits my driving style.It may need a Oil change now to get back up to 550PP.:D

Tested on two tracks and with best laptimes.

Trial Mountain - 1:27.117
Special Stage Route 5 - 1:25.272

Last edited:
Subaru 22b "Short Track Killer" 500pp spec
Review

I love Impreza turbos, since they first made it on to the streets of the UK I have been a massive fan. And of course the 22b is an amazing version.

I was so happy to see CKR had done a tune for the 22b. Having been out in a couple of their cars I know they would have done food things with this.

I changed the tyres over for a set of sports hard as these are my tyres of choice for 500pp car testing, and it fits in with the touge rules.

So I grab the keys after the quick tyre swap and head out to Deep Forest. I have tried this car out before and then left it in the back of my garage collecting dust, no idea why I wasn't so keen on it but I dumped it and forgot it was there. What ever it was I didn't like was totally rectified by the guys done at cone killer racing. This car is brilliant. I did find that it was dearing me to go faster and faster every lap till I was hitting the corners with so much speed the tyres were surrendering in a cloud of smoke and flashing bright red at me. But this tune kept the car on the track ease of the power and it was back in control and back on the power up to the next crazy power sliding corner.

On a couple of the corner I would even say it managed a 4 wheel power slide as I was in control and tuning at the same time, not just sliding side ways toward the edge of the track in a power slide fashion.

I will say that as a touge spec car this is very good but not quite as good as the NSX (from another tuner) it's half a second slower than the NSX in my :crazy: hands.
But this is only the secon car at 500pp on sports hard that I have managed to get dep forest in sub 1:27.

Thanks for a great car guys. This is now a car I will use and hope they do more seasonals that this car can enter as it's a true pleasure to drive.

Impreza 22b round deep forest in 1:26.756

Last edited:
@cactusOnR

I've got a Tune for 500PP(Sports Hard) and i can run sub 1:27 laptimes at Deep Forest with it.I can run consistent 1:26.6xx laptimes with it.It's RWD and can get a bit sketchy sometimes,but once you figure out when to put the foot down this car is quick.

I may release it soon. 👍

@bigberry,zero speed,and Indy Racerfan.

I've got two new tunes shared at the moment.The tunes are set-up for running online.When you guys get the chance let me know what you think.

@bigberry and Indy Racerfan.

I'm just now getting the chance to test your cars out.I've had a bit of a migraine today and it's finally starting to feel better.

No worries ill check them out tomorrow .

I may have found something ' off the wall' for a 400pp tune if it goes that high. If it does it will make you laugh.

No worries ill check them out tomorrow .

I may have found something ' off the wall' for a 400pp tune if it goes that high. If it does it will make you laugh.

I just noticed that one of the tunes i made, you have on share as well 👍

I really enjoyed tuning this car as it can be a handful if not careful.My version is at 500PP.

Since it isn't on share anymore,i'll build up that Mitsubishi and have a go with it.

@Indy Racerfan

I tried that McLaren out and i love it!

I could really push this thing hard and have no worries about oversteer.The Acceleration and Deceleration are set-up very well in this car and suits my driving style.It may need a Oil change now to get back up to 550PP.:D

Tested on two tracks and with best laptimes.

Trial Mountain - 1:27.117
Special Stage Route 5 - 1:25.272

Starfirebird
@cactusOnR

I've got a Tune for 500PP(Sports Hard) and i can run sub 1:27 laptimes at Deep Forest with it.I can run consistent 1:26.6xx laptimes with it.It's RWD and can get a bit sketchy sometimes,but once you figure out when to put the foot down this car is quick.

I may release it soon. 👍

Sound interesting mate.
Look forward to seeing what it is.

I have an RX-8 work in progress at 500pp doing low 1:27's offline only and still needs work.

I just noticed that one of the tunes i made, you have on share as well 👍

I really enjoyed tuning this car as it can be a handful if not careful.My version is at 500PP.

Since it isn't on share anymore,i'll build up that Mitsubishi and have a go with it.

Im guessing thats the silver one , mine isnt 100% done, yours may well be better. Great minds....

Ill put the GTO on share.

"THE JOKER"
HighSpeedRing-1.jpg

Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 New from Dealership(DS3)

368HP(engine not broke in)
1075kg
TRQ-346
510PP

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Motegi Racing Touge Rims
Aero: Front type B, Rear type B
Paint Any "Joker" colors

Tune Shop:
Stage 3 weight reduction
window reduction
Carbon Hood Car color
Stage 2 engine
ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air filter
Sports exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Mid-Range Turbo
F/C Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
S3 tires

The Tune:
Ballast:15kg/+50(54F/46R)
Downforce:0/20

Trans:
first set top speed to 199
leave final gear at 4.100 adjust 1st-5th
1st:3.130
2nd:2096
3rd:1.525
4th:1.165
5th:0.933
6th:0.783

Suspension:
R/H: -25F/-20R
S/R: 4.2F/3.4R
D/E: 4/3
D/C: 3/2
Anti-roll: 2/1

Brakes: 4/6

LSD: 29/30/11

Tuner notes: was messing around trying to make a "drifter" and well I Failed Big time(I don't know how to drift,Old Dog new trick thing), But this is a fast car. Beat my Z06 time at high speed ring by little over a full second and the vette was on R3's (1:43.6xx to 1:44:7xx).
Feed back welcome.Hope you enjoy. Indy

I have to give a try to your tune later, i know the MAZDA RX-7 GT-LIMITED (FC,J) ‘85 is one of the best rooad car in the game around 500 pp.
The 90 model must be a dream on nurburgring also. Never test it.... too much good cars in the game , need another life..:):) to drive all this.

I'll put this here, and not in the "Joker" post. I know we're suppose to do 500 or 550 tunes. That said when I had the car at 550 it wouldn't turn the way I like. and at 450/500 it seemed way to slow for the cars that have come out prior to me "tuning" and I in no way wanted to diss the Honor of CKR's original tuners Starfire and Zero who build rockets for our enjoyment to toss around the limited tracks in GT5. Thank You for your time in reading.

Tune Fast or Die Trying!
Indy

Back