CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Had a couple of hours with norfolk_assassin in the Lexus ISF tonight, and I think he is right about the tyre choice. After a couple of bends the sports soft tyres stick like toffee on this car.

Sport softs it is then :-) I've bought my IS-F, just need to tune it to the specs that you suggested. One slightly odd question, what colour have you gone for? I cannot find a colour that 'looks' right for a RM Lexus :-/

Well without discussing colour choices with assassin we both went for yellow. Before you race mod it make sure you do the oil change. I didnt and it wont let you after and I cannot reach the BHP so I may have to buy another:grumpy:
I will be on tonite from 8pm, so all thats left is for someone to pick a track.

tried that after 2 hrs driving last night, still wouldnt let me. I have just bought another, done the oil change and race mod, fitted tuning parts and equiped exhaust. The car comes out at 558 bhp with 100% on power limiter. I will leave it up to bob to run it in while im out today and hopefully should get up to the 572. If anyone wants my other lexus let me know, as you cannot sell it I may as well give it away.

My cuz and his m8 is coming over today and bringing their tv's and PS3's so with my new wheel that should be here today we will have 3 full setups, going to be a good night hehe. We are going to try tripple screens just to see how it feels =)

So any vote on the track yet?

Also who's hosting? I'll try, but if my connection lets me down, some else will have to jump in :-)

Hey guys, whats happening race wise in the coming days. Sort of blipped through the thread but can someone give me a run down.

GTP_ADE
How about this for the first car?

Car: Lexus IS F '07
Tyres: Sport Soft
Aero Parts: Race Modification
Tuning Parts: Sport ECU, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports
Settings: Ballast +5kg [1190kg] Power Restrictor 99.4% [572bhp] Final Gear [2.680] Downforce Front [28] Rear [32]
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional

This is the set up used in the last concourse event (on gt planet).

Hey Mitch, in a nutshell this is the car we'll be running, no decision on what track yet, but the idea is to do an hour practice tonight, then 30 mins qualifying on Sunday followed by the race, which will be a 40 lapper! So we will have tyre and hopefully fuel stops! :-)

Sounds good as I put the boy to bed at 7:30.
40 lap race, I take it your not a smoker I'll have to have a few puffs during pit stops.

Il be on from 7.30ish tonight for practise and setup. Got bob running in my (new) ISF at the moment. Anyone got any ideas for the track as the car choice was mine.

So any vote on the track yet?

Also who's hosting? I'll try, but if my connection lets me down, some else will have to jump in :-)

If you have any trouble with your connection I dont mind hosting, you will have to let me know. If I am not on anyones psn friends list feel free to add me. PSN ade3210.

Big thanks to omnius, assassin and alex for tonights practice in the Lexus ISFs, it was a lot of fun. Come on CORE members, join the fun on Sunday night, the more the merrier. Another practice tomorrow and if anyone needs the ISF, I have a race modded one going for free. all it needs is a bit of running in and then an oil change to meet the BHP requirements.

Car: Lexus IS F '07
Tyres: Sport Soft
Aero Parts: Race Modification
Tuning Parts: Sport ECU, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports
Settings: Ballast +5kg [1190kg] Power Restrictor 99.4% [572bhp] Final Gear [2.680] Downforce Front [28] Rear [32]
Brake Bias: Optional

Last edited:
CORE Sunday SPEC Race.

This Sunday I'll be running a 'Spec' race using the Lexus IS-F RM.

Race regs are as follows...
Race Mod IS-F (Change oil first!!!)
Sport Soft Tyres.
Sport ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Settings: Ballast +5kg [1190kg]
Power Restrictor 99.4% [555bhp] after a run in and further oil change [572bhp]
Final Gear [2.680]
Downforce Front [28] Rear [32]

No other tuning allowed (leave as RM default) Brake Balance can be adjusted to suit driving style, as can the position of the extra 5kg ballast.

We will be running the Deep Forest Raceway, 2.24miles/lap.

The Race will take place on Sunday afternoon, and will start after 30 minutes of qualifying, the race will be 40 laps, so pit stops will be required, fuel may also be a concern.

Saturday sees another period of 'Free Practice' following on from Friday night, and the lap time you need to be aiming for is 1:16.XXX/1:17.XXX

If interested reply to this post :-) Any questions?

CORE Sunday SPEC Race.

Sport Soft Tyres.
Sport ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Final Gear [2.680]

No other tuning allowed (leave as RM default) Brake Balance can be adjusted to suit driving style, as can the position of the extra 5kg ballast.

The Race will take place on Sunday afternoon, and will start after 30 minutes of qualifying, the race will be 40 laps, so pit stops will be required, fuel may also be a concern.

Saturday sees another period of 'Free Practice' following on from Friday night, and the lap time you need to be aiming for is 1:16.XXX/1:17.XXX

And remember to install the titanium exhaust aswell in settings, as you get it with the race mod, but it isnt installed.

And remember, I have a fully modded car waiting to go to the first racer who asks. First come first swerved.

CORE Sunday SPEC Race.

Sport Soft Tyres.
Sport ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Final Gear [2.680]

FREE LEXUS ISF RM FOR USE IN THIS EVENT.

OK I have run in my spare lexus and done the oil change and am getting 572 bhp @ 99.4 on the power limiter. This car is race ready.

If anyone wants this car for this event let me know as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back