CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Mines still stuck at 568bhp @ 100% done oil/engine reports rebuild not needed.

How many miles have you got on your car to get the 572 @ 99.4%? I've only done 105.8 miles in mine.

Mines still stuck at 568bhp @ 100% done oil/engine reports rebuild not needed.

How many miles have you got on your car to get the 572 @ 99.4%? I've only done 105.8 miles in mine.

I put over 300 on it, got bspec bob to do the 4 hr endurance race whilst i was out yesterday. Have you done all the mods?

My bhp is going up slowly im gaining about 2bhp every 10 laps.
Ive been tweaking my set up and I think im their now to suit my style.
This is what i'm running feel free to give it a try.

Ride height -10 / -7
Spring rate 13.0 / 11.9
Dampers (extension) 7 / 7
Dampers (compression) 7 / 7
Anti roll bars 2 / 2
Camber 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0.15 / 0.25
Brake balance 7 / 6

This may not suit everybody so tweak to your liking.

Since its (not impossible) taking a bit to get the engine run in, I'm thinking that IF we get anyone to actually attend the race, there's no way they will be able to get their Lexus run in in time, so would it not be prudent to have a fixed bhp that everyone would be able to 'tune' out of the box?

I didn't know we could play around with the suspension setting, I thought we were running the default custom suspension settings?

GTP_ADE
As for set up, the car will come with the fully customisable suspension, so feel free to use it to suit your own driving style. As long as we are all around the same bhp, I think that this will be a great racing weekend.

This made me think we could.

Since its (not impossible) taking a bit to get the engine run in, I'm thinking that IF we get anyone to actually attend the race, there's no way they will be able to get their Lexus run in in time, so would it not be prudent to have a fixed bhp that everyone would be able to 'tune' out of the box?

I didn't know we could play around with the suspension setting, I thought we were running the default custom suspension settings?

This car is a bit of a pig to get to these specs, and as I said in earlier posts I only suggested it as an idea. Why not set the BHP at 550

Also I still have a fully tuned Lexus going for free.

Last edited:
:boggled:

I missed that post! lol

@Ade,
Yeah why not or even 555?
if everyone can get to 555, i know when I got the car it was a right pig and I was stuck at 548 for a time, but I had forgot to buy the racing intake manifold

Hey guys,

I've just has a PM off a lad that I had 'met' in an open lobby way back when I was first starting to get into the whole GT5 online thing (its what got me into creating this thread as I forgot his PSN ID!!! and I wanted to find more like-minded GT gamers)

So after searching high and low, I couldn't 'find' him again and I thought that was it, well thats who I've just had a PM off! What's the chances of that?!?!?

Anyway his ID is CJSpencer77 and I'd rank him up there with Phil_Marbles with regards to hosting awesome track nights! I've sent him an FR and I'll let him explain why he PM'd me......

Hey m8,

Ive sent a few messages out to a few different leagues from GTPlanet trying to get a league vs league race event going, I myself run a league www.theautomotivemayhem.com (only pc/mac compatible atm) , were in our first season , a month in, and its all going well, although its a hell of a load of work !!! , we have 20 members atm , and because ive been a bit picky about who to invite, everyone is really clean and conscious of whos around them on the track, the idea i had was to score one of our TAM league races as a time trial,then take the top 6 from that TT and race against 6 guys from another league, it would have to be in the spirit of fair play and be clean with emphasis on an enjoyable light hearted rivalry, nothing too serious, if it works well maybe it could be a league seasonal event, if this doesnt sound like something you would be interested in then no worries but if this does sounds good to you, check our website out to make sure our rules are close enough to work and let me know thx m8 ill look forward to hearing from you.

www.theautomotivemayhem.com

Ive just checked your Enjine site out, it looks really good m8, i look through loads of league/clan threads on GTP and a lot of the time its just one guy saying " i want to get a league together, is anyone interested? " , which isnt going to start crap in my book, so its really cool to see other guys who want to push the gt5 envelope further by doing the stuff that your doing, it all looks really profesional m8. I know ive seen your PSN about as well, as GT5 loses its new game apeal im sure were going to be left with a higher percentage of clean guys who love racing rather than just winning at any cost !!!, as that happens certain names like yours will become more familar with the real GT5 racers, as for casual racing me and some friends are practicing league races most week nights (still leaving a couple of nights for the real world ) and your more than welcome to come join us whenever you like m8, as for the league vs league idea yours is exactly the type of clan were looking to hook up with a clan that isnt going think its a matter of life and death just about good racing, anyway m8 im going to add you to my PSN and hopefully ill cu about , catch ya l8rs

I saw his post in the clubs and leagues section earlier, do you think he wants a free lexus, lol

I see Evo is running a Lotus comp to win an Evora S for a year, its one of those competitions that, in 200 words, describe why you'd make a good Lotus correspondent.

Then if picked, its off for a road test and another 200 word roadtest review THEN its off to the track at Hethel for a winner takes all shootout :-)

Go for it, and if you win you can get assassin and myself a breakfast in the canteen when you come to Hethel, lol

Go for it, and if you win you can get assassin and myself a breakfast in the canteen when you come to Hethel, lol

Well if its before the shootout, I'll have to consider a 'lighter' breakfast, wouldn't want to upset the weight balance and give someone else the edge :D

OK then, quick test, What is the car on my profile pic?

...for a minute there when I saw the word test I thought :eek: I'm guessing you already knew I'd know it, I'm sure you've seen my earlier post about my favourite all time Lotus? the Elan M100.....well I guess you can see where I'm going with this :)

Its the NEW Elan 👍

CORE Sunday SPEC Race.

This Sunday I'll be running a 'Spec' race using the Lexus IS-F RM.

Race regs are as follows...
Race Mod IS-F (Change oil first!!!)
Sport Soft Tyres.
Sport ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Settings: Ballast +5kg [1190kg]
Power Restrictor 99.4% [555bhp] after a run in and further oil change [572bhp]
Final Gear [2.680]
Downforce Front [28] Rear [32]
Traction Control: Optional
ABS: Optional

No other tuning allowed (leave as RM default) Brake Balance can be adjusted to suit driving style, as can the position of the extra 5kg ballast.

We will be running the Deep Forest Raceway, 2.24miles/lap.

The Race will take place on Sunday afternoon, and will start after 30 minutes of qualifying, the race will be 40 laps, so pit stops will be required, fuel may also be a concern.

Saturday sees another period of 'Free Practice' following on from Friday night, and the lap time you need to be aiming for is 1:16.XXX/1:17.XXX

If interested reply to this post :-) Any questions?

Free race modded Lexus for this event available... Race ready

After 8 is good for me too, If there is anyone who wants to enter this event, but hasnt got the car, I have a spare which meets the required specs.

Its looking like no one extra is going to take up our race...even c0rn (axelmonster) hasn't responded, and he was up for it, along with Mitchben who fancied shorter laps but more laps :-/

I have PM Mitchbenny in case he might have missed the thread, told him about the free lexus. I cant seem to give the car away lol

Back