CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
CORE GT - Member List - 28th November 2012

GTP Forum CORE GT Regulars / Casual

ade3210 (Hosts fortnightly, Sundays from 20:00 UK time, private lounge -The Sunday Cup )

geordie139

trotterlover79

Third_Reign

Dowlin39

Jammy_Rex

Fuelmyfire

WarriusZero

cobrius

Pendinding GT5/PSN Members...

Members on leave...?

Arieracer

hillracing

H_enry_T

KingBestJr

R063R_GL4560W

buraspo

RichyBoy2mil

BAZZABAX

stanepoke

rbl007

Norfolk_Assassin (friend of ade3210)

BUCHANPOWER

Jamie2016

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I should come here more often...
I've seen your comments about tyres, guys, I'll be more careful next time and will start introducing mandatory pit stops depending on the tyre degradation.
Would running slightly longer races sort the problem for good?

And if you haven't, hop on the blog for the race results... :)

Slightly longer races would force people to pit I think, but you will still have people trying to make the entire race on one set of tyres. I pitted in both races last night and towards the end of each race I was catching up fast with those who had not pitted, and I would have finished higher if they had. Also drivers on worn tyres are a danger to those on fresher rubber, as I found out last night.

Hey guys,

Not been on a lot recently. Busy with work and taking the opportunity to go fishing whilst the weather is good.

Whats happening race wise this weekend?

I noticed reading last week there was a bit of a faf with the car because it was quite specific. Can i suggest we use a more standard card or maybe just set a pp limit? Gives people a bigger range to chose from and then everyone can pick a car that suites their own racing style.

Sorry I dissed in the middle of the last race night. Got a phone call from work and had to do work stuff. Was good fun.

MitchBen!

I know this name. I received a friend request a couple of weeks ago but there was no message attached to it. I responded by asking what the request was for but never got an answer, so I deleted the FR...

Hey guys,

Not been on a lot recently. Busy with work and taking the opportunity to go fishing whilst the weather is good.

Another fisherman 👍 I noticed your location and wondered if you had ever fished Anglers Paradise? I've always wanted to go there.

Sorry it's off topic Omnius.

Another fisherman 👍 I noticed your location and wondered if you had ever fished Anglers Paradise? I've always wanted to go there.

Sorry it's off topic Omnius.

Never heard of that place before.

I dont fish a lot but more of a beach fisherman when i do go.

@Assassin, its ok (off topic :-) )

@Mitchben, good to here from you! Yes I'm planning a race night just like you've suggested.

We've been doing a few 'Spec' races of late, so I too fancy a pp race with a mixed grid, the cars will of course be 'within the same class' but you will be free to choose anything up to the pp limit :-)

Production vs Production, Race vs Race, LM vs LM etc...

LM/GT/Touring cars are ok to have in the same race or at least if they are around the same PP. But for race cars I think racing tyres, just makes more sens. But hey I am just here to play not decide anything.

Just my view on tyres but when I'm racing single player or alone I decide like this.
0 > 200bhp - Comfort Soft
201bhp > 450bhp - Sports Soft
451bhp > 600bhp - Racing Hard/Racing Medium
601bhp + Racing Soft

Just the way I do it but everybody is different.

Just my view on tyres but when I'm racing single player or alone I decide like this.
0 > 200bhp - Comfort Soft
201bhp > 450bhp - Sports Soft
451bhp > 600bhp - Racing Hard/Racing Medium
601bhp + Racing Soft

Just the way I do it but everybody is different.

To be honest, I've thought about this very thing....I know some racers feel the RS tyres for some reason 'don't feel realistic' (not that I know anyone who has driven a car with racing slicks :confused: )

Anyway, your list fits in with how I see it too. Its all about what is 'realistic' in terms of the performance of the car, sometimes though (depending on the tune) the line between SS and the Racing tyres varies for me. I might run SS tyres on cars within the 450-500bhp, it all depends on the car really. Sometimes I even drop down to 500bhp for my RS tyres if I've created a tune of a car that I'm taking on a 'track day' but would normally sit on SS tyres.

500-600bhp is a bit of a grey area for me :rolleyes:

Other than that your list is realistic as far as what you could expect car performance vs tyre compound in 'real life' as it were 👍

Last edited:
TRIDENT GT Championship - CORE GT Series

Spot Race, 20:30 - Tonight.

A trident ( /ˈtraɪdənt/), also called a leister or gig, is a three-pronged spear.

3 Races, 3 Tracks, 1 Champion!
So here it is, a trial run of a 'series' of races I'm thinking I could host on a Friday night.

RACE 1 - Production Cars - Monza 15 Laps.
PP 580
ABS & TC Allowed.
Open Tyre Regs.
10 minutes Qualifying.

RACE 2 - RM Cars - Nurburgring GP/F 15 Laps.
PP 500
ABS Only.
Race Tyres Only.
10 Minutes Qualifying.

RACE 3 - Production Cars - Nordschleife 3 Laps.
PP 625
ABS & TC Allowed.
Open Tyre Regs.
Reverse Grid from previous race.

Points will be scored as follows...
1st: 25 points
2nd: 18 pts
3rd: 15 pts
4th: 12 pts
5th: 10 pts
6th: 8 pts
7th: 6 pts
8th: 4 pts
9th: 2 pts
10th: 1 point

See you on the track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hey there!, I hope i'm not to late, i want to be a part of this race team, and possibly able to race this event aswell tonight. I am a serious gamer, 24 years of age. PSN: Vesper003.

I will add your PSN Omnius. Allready registered on your website aswell.

Thanks!

Without being rude. Whats the obsession on GT5 with the nurburgring tracks? Nearly every lobby has one of them going and people love them.

They are ok but there are so many good tracks on GT5. I dont get it.

What tracks are good then?

I go for real world over GT tracks, and as much as you don't like Nurburgring tracks, I don't care much for the US tracks.

From a historical point of view, I've always thought the 'Ring was held in high regard with 'petrolheads' not to mention most top car manufacturers test their cars there.

The GP/F I find is a class GP curcuit, got everything you want from a fast track, just the right amount of corners, and fast straights.

I'm open for other track suggestions. But when I do no one responds, so I just go with my favourites

The ring is by far the best track in the world anybody who says otherwise is wrong.
Any update on the PP for the other 2 races so I can choose s car?

Wasnt saying its a **** track. I just dont get the reason why everyone wants to do it all the time. Its on nearly every lobby online and to be honest it just isnt a great track for racing anyway. Few overtaking places and anyone who know the track instantly has a massssive advantage over anyone who doesnt quite know it all.

Sorry about the balls up tonight, bloody internet yet again! I'm waiting for my appointent with a BT engineer my ISP has set up.

Got to get this sorted, and to think for the last 3 years I've been with this ISP, this is the first real problems I've had - it must be something wrong at BT's end!

What I'll do, is re-run this Championship when everything settles down and more people are available.

LEAGUE VS LEAGUE EVENT.

Sunday 28th August.

Calling all CORE GT Members (list on page 13)

As this is our first TEAM event, I'm hoping for a good turnout. We will be racing 6 vs 6 then if there is enough of us, a 2nd 6 vs 6 race.

The race details and regs are as follows...

Premium GT500
522BHP
Min Weight 1090 KG
No Stealth Cars
All Aids Off
Nurburgring GP/F
18 laps, 1 mandatory pit stop
Racing Softs.

The Automotive Mayhem League vs League Thread

See you on the track!

That sounds good, Zero cup this wednesday will be good practice in the GT500 class.

Yeah Im back, Im liking this league vs league and the fact that we got a lot of time to organize the event. should be good

That gives me time to try and convince the other half that it would be better if I didn't go to her dads that week end.

Latest Posts

Back