CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Im up for anything, it is a shame we havnt got more participants, maybe it was the car choice that put people off, or the tyres or that it was a one make race.

OK, just done a bit of a blitz on my psn list of people from the core, Omnius did you add PSN: Keshian_Rade, he has replied and I offered him the car.

jhewson has also replied asking about race details, we may have to use the power limiter to reduce our bhp if they do turn up as I only have 1 lexus to give away

Lets hope for a full grid of sorts. Yeah we'll lower our bhp if needed, I'll see also if my internet is up to hosting

Cheers for the racing tonight.👍👍👍,
2nd race for me was a nonstarter but it was all good fun:tup:

Last edited:
Great racing tonight, I'm happy with 2 second places. Very close in race 1 until my right rear caught the grass and well chuffed to pick up 2 places after the pit stop in race 2. 👍

Yeah, race 2 certainly came down to some niffty pit strategy! I knew I'd get 3rd back as Dan hadn't pitted so it was only a matter of time :-D

As always, some good racing, constant pressure due to the high standard of everyone, I think over the coming week, in the interests of the group, I may need to do a cull (now I know that sounds harsh) but I get a few FR from people who don't leave a message on PSN, and some of the one who have left messages on here don't respond to me when I reply through a GTP PM....So with my original plan to get a bunch of 'core' gamers together, Over the past few weeks, I've now realised who the good and dependable gamers are and those who 'appear' to have given up or lost their interest in GT5....I may be wrong, but I'd rather have only those who can be around on a regular basis on my friendslist rather than only 50% of the new people playing GT5....and this means I can spend more time within a smaller group and get to know everyones 'style' of driving ;-)

Well you know that I will turn up when I say I will, and will race to the best of my ability. Unfortunately in last nights second race I just couldnt get it right at all and spent more time in the barriers than on track, lol. The way last night was set out was good, with a selected track that we had a bit of practice on in the days before, and a spot race where no one had practiced the track/car combo. It was good that dan and jhewson turned up at short notice, (was beginning to think I couldnt give that lexus away).

I wouldn't worry about your race performance, we'll all have off days, one thing though, remind me when we've spent hours practising, don't change anything on the car 2 minutes before race start, all my work counted for nothing as I'd totally messed up the handing on the lexus! Lol

Hey all,

Sorry that I missed the racing, I had fam. over and I missed logging in to be able to play. This is with new wheel and all. I hope I will be back online from tonight onwards. Sorry again.

Well its the Zero Cup on Wednesday from 20:30 (if you haven't signed up, go here and do it! www.warriuszero.blogspot.com) You'll also have to add WarriusZero as a friend if you haven't already as he hosts in his private lounge.

We're running a fully tuned Honda CR-Z (not the spoon version) all the details are on WarriusZero's blog page.

Other than that I'm up for some spot racing this week (as some people are away and arranging races seems pointless until everyone is back) Also this gives me a chance to see who will remain in our group. As I've had loads of replys to join the CORE, I can't get around everyone so to be fair to those who have joined and are active, I unfortunately need to tighten up our members, those who haven't shown much interest since joining or don't prefer our style of racing will be dropped, I apologise if this seems harsh, but I need to keep the focus on a tighter bunch of clean racers that will be around most of the time.

A final updated list will appear soon.

So for anyone who has joined and is on GTP, give me a shout if you are up for some spot racing....the rules for the tracks will be a 15 lap race around the Nurburgring GP/F followed by a reverse grid for a 5 lap race around the Nordschleife.

Dates to follow (this week)

I have signed up for the zero cup, and by the looks of it there are only 5 places left on the grid. Tonight im going to have a bit of practice around the selected tracks in the Honda if anyone fancies it we could arrange a room.

We'll do that, I've got my CR-Z setup and ready to go, I've only done a few laps around Stonehenge North but my current lap stands at 1:55:xxx

I know the second race is Cape Ring, not sure what variant so we'll have to hit that one as well!

Cape ring south is the second track, so a bit of practice around both will be good. I will be on around 8pm.👍

make that 8.30, somethings come up

Last edited:
Fancy that! A 1:54.2 on the Stonehenge North track!!! :-D (can I do it in the race though???)

Only 4 places left on the grid for The Zero Cup tomorrow. Would be good to have a Team Core present.

Yeah it would!

Looking at the starting line up, I'm hoping Jamie2016 will be here, also what about the Assassin??

..and I've just thought our 2 Irish racers! Axel and Dan, forgot to ask him last night!

Only 2 grid places left now, and looking at how the front tyres behaved last night everyone will be forced to pit at some point.

Great racing tonight in The Zero Cup/Green Cup. I do think I was robbed of a position at cape ring by Jamie2016 on lap 14 when he lost control and hit me, because he didnt pit and his tyres were done.

Great racing tonight in The Zero Cup/Green Cup. I do think I was robbed of a position at cape ring by Jamie2016 on lap 14 when he lost control and hit me, because he didnt pit and his tyres were done.

I suppose it wasn't on purpose but I know where you're coming from, when an accident happens but it could have been avoided if he'd had pitted, I guess its just down to experience though :ouch:

Idea for the next CORE GT Series, IF we get enough people to take part and say we do more than one race, what I'd like to try out is 'Marshalling'

Depending upon total numbers, 1 or 2 spectators to 'watch' the race rather than taking part. I'd like to try and control mandatory pit-stops. What we need to agree on though is how we select the Spectators and possible do a 'rotation' with the role, so if you spectate in race 1 you will automatically be in race 2 but could be chosen for race 3 etc...

In other words you will alway be in a race following any race you marshall.

I'm open to ideas/suggestions :-)

Back