CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Did anyone do any testing ?
i was to busy doing the seasonal time trials (got up to 53rd in the rally)and was having so much fun :lol:

I went on last night for some practice.................but yet again ended up thrashing the F2007 around Monaco chasing tenths.

Also I've been doing some weather testing in GT tonight...... :sly:
It would be interesting to hear what are you up to :), You know, I noticed ,that if you make for example 20% wet track and 0% weather change ,than the track will dry out in about 10 to 20 minutes . It would be cool to start race this way , it may affect tire strategy strongly , in my opinion.

My top time yesterday was a 1:47.363. I'm still unsure how many stints I'll do strategy wise, but since it will be my first online race on the Wheel I'll stick to a more conservative strategy. Keeping the Speed 6 on track will be the main goal of the evening ^^

Some of these timetrials are very addictive: The Nür 24H TT had me hooked, I managed to place 1024 in the final Rankings. My last try had me at 890, then i went to sleep. Shame I got kicked out of the top 1k.

Really loved Monza tonight. great racing again. Had to ditch for 2 mins to stop my puppy eating my phone. Had a good few laps with Dowlin, Buraspo and third. Next week the pup gets a 15 mile walk before the race.

Nice one Jamesy! (I'd love to know myself how to get the youtube tags to work!!! Never able to get my vids to display properly on here!!!......Anyone?)

Was having brake problems last night,i notice when i came off the pedal the brakes would stay on a little bit,i was having to hook my toes behind the pedal and pull to get them to release fully.So today i striped my pedals down and cleaned the potentiometer out and figured while i was on i'd take the lid off my G25 and blow the dust out.

Pleased i did now i found this......

IMAG0391.jpg

🤬:irked:

and this.....

IMAG0393.jpg

I've no idea how long its been like that or how much longer it would have held on but i dont think it had much life left.

IMAG0394.jpg

Got the bearing housing out and its now been repaired with an epoxy plastic and put back together,gonna leave it till tomorrow to cure before i try it out,fingers crossed.:nervous::nervous::nervous:

Was having brake problems last night,i notice when i came off the pedal the brakes would stay on a little bit,i was having to hook my toes behind the pedal and pull to get them to release fully.So today i striped my pedals down and cleaned the potentiometer out and figured while i was on i'd take the lid off my G25 and blow the dust out.

Pleased i did now i found this......

IMAG0391.jpg

🤬:irked:

and this.....

IMAG0393.jpg

I've no idea how long its been like that or how much longer it would have held on but i dont think it had much life left.

IMAG0394.jpg

Got the bearing housing out and its now been repaired with an epoxy plastic and put back together,gonna leave it till tomorrow to cure before i try it out,fingers crossed.:nervous::nervous::nervous:

I had that happen on my first DFGT. Did yours make the wheel move up and down a bit?

It did,I thought it was just wear and tear,I think the crack gradualy grew over time so I didn't really notice it,seems a lot tighter now its all back together.

Great racing last night guys I really enjoyed it even if I was way off the pace of the front guys. It was a refreshing change to be battling with buraspo and Ade. There were a few hairy moments in there but all fair and good patience from buraspo when he was stuck behind me and my wonky ''big thing'' :lol: I could've possibly grabbed 3rd if I hadn't chosen a two stopper but thats life, always the next race.

Also, even though they were paying more attention to what was happening further up the field, the Monza photographers did take one nice picture of my car on its way to 4th...
AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

As promised my settings from monza.

RH...-20/-20
SR...6.5/7.0
De...5/6
Dc...4/5
Arb..3/4

CA...2.0/1.0
TA...-0.10/-0.05

try it out and give some feedback (best try at monza against your best lap time)

Last edited:
After an *eventful* season opener, (for the benefit of our new racers) I'd mention one small 'rule' we have.

If you are about to be lapped, or are lapped, you do not race with drivers who may end up on the same part of the track as you. We all know where we are in relation to who we are chasing and who is chasing us. We also are aware of who are leading the race, and who may be battling it out for positions.

So if you are on your own and are a lap down, please be aware of your surroundings otherwise an accident may occur causing all sorts of problems! Only race within your lap and with the cars that are 1 place in front and 1 place behind.

There is no mileage (no pun intended) in racing a front runner if you are at the back of the field! :)

Also, there are no 'Team Orders' we race as individuals.....

(Oh I got to the bottom of my tyre balls-up - I actually had Racing Inters on!!!! Well remember me posting that I was doing some weather testing? Well there you have it, I had forgot to remove them when I was finished!!! I'll not forget that the next time thats for sure!)

As promised my settings from monza.

RH...-20/-20
SR...6.5/7.0
De...5/6
Dc...4/5
Arb..3/4

CA...2.0/1.0
TA...-1.0/-0.5

try it out and give some feedback (best try at monza against your best lap time)

TA -1.0????? I think you mean -0.10 ??? (Well i hope so! :lol: )

It did,I thought it was just wear and tear,I think the crack gradualy grew over time so I didn't really notice it,seems a lot tighter now its all back together.

Bloody Hell! You must have been giving that wheel of your's some stick????!!!!!

Last edited:
CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 8.6.12

PSN-OmniusALX
Dowlin39
jamesybograt
ade3210
Third_Reign
Shin_Roh
trotterlover79

Last edited:
Quick few laps around the Ingram GT track - new setup applied to my Tuscan.

Up to now, I'm getting times in the region of 1:28's

Lets see how far off the pace I am! :eek:

I'd like to thank you Jamesy for posting your set-up from Monza, it made me far quicker straight away. I don't usually like to use set-ups used by other drivers but since I havn't had much time with the car as well as me being sick all week, I'll make an exception ;) Its definitely a great template to fiddle with and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't using it to practice for Friday.

Quick few laps around the Ingram GT track - new setup applied to my Tuscan.

Up to now, I'm getting times in the region of 1:28's

Lets see how far off the pace I am! :eek:

Speaking of Friday, I had a decent practice tonight and, I hate to be the bearer of bad news Omnius but I was consistently getting 1:22:xxx laps and my fastest was a 1:21:261. No doubt me and a few others will be trying to get that 1:20:xxx tomorrow night if there is a practice 👍

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried the new 500pp FR Seasonals yet? I had a go on the Cape Ring event in our little Ginetta G4 and finished 2nd, 6:5xx seconds behind that M3. A great way to get the feel of the car before our own races.

Last edited:
OmniusGT
Practice anyone?

May need assistance with my setup! (It runs fine offline!!! :banghead: )

Yes please Omnius, I can try help. You should give Jamesy's set up a go and see how you feel with that and adjust it to your liking. If Jamesy is there tonight I'm sure he will help too.

Yes please Omnius, I can try help. You should give Jamesy's set up a go and see how you feel with that and adjust it to your liking. If Jamesy is there tonight I'm sure he will help too.

come on in the tars sticky:lol:

For what its worth here are my settings for the
tvr.gif
>>> Front / Rear.

RH = -20 / -20
SR = 9.5 / 8.0
D(e) = 7 / 7
D(c)= 6 / 5
ARB = 5 / 6
CA = 2.6 / 2.4
TA = -0.12 / 0.05

Back