CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
WOOHOO! Time for a blast around Twin Ring Motegi!!!

[EDIT] - I have an observation to make....the 370Z is a 5#!t car to drive! WHO designed a car with handling like that?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
WOOHOO! Time for a blast around Twin Ring Motegi!!!

[EDIT] - I have an observation to make....the 370Z is a 5#!t car to drive! WHO designed a car with handling like that?!?!?!?!?

I've not got as far as the 370 yet but straight away with the GTR I felt like these news cars have been setup to seperate the good from the great. I've only used DS3 in all of academy so far and the difference was massive. I'm getting gold still but the effort is 10 fold. Will be getting the wheel out for round 8 though :D Cant wait for Motegi!!

Done & Done, all 'golded' Not really going for times or the real academy, just wanted to make sure I get all the 'prizes' on offer :sly:

Most of 7 and 8 did first time (even if between the friends on my list) my times are not as fast as theirs, as long as I'm faster than the gold I'm happy :) Just Monaco and Twin Ring took a few runs to nail the gold.

So now all we do is wait I guess for us to receive our prizes! I think they should have unlocked when you win them to be honest, but there you go!

As good as Twin Ring looks, I'm hoping we'll get the full course with the smaller variants too, GT5 is always in need for additional tracks - especially if you run online events! :lol:

I agree :D The more tracks the better IMO. I seriously can't wait for Motegi I feel like a kid in a sweet shop haha! I'm going to drive around real slow and drink it all in first time. Next addition after Motegi is hopefully another real world circuit too. Would die for another couple of F1 GP tracks!

I'd actually like to see my favourite GT track make an appearance - Midfield Raceway!

If there was any real world circuit, it would have to be Brands Hatch for me :lol:

OmniusGT
I'd actually like to see my favourite GT track make an appearance - Midfield Raceway!

If there was any real world circuit, it would have to be Brands Hatch for me :lol:

Screw Brands Hatch :lol: Mondello Park better be next ;)

Heritage2.png

MeIntroS6.png

Introducing my collection of online cars used throughout the CORE GT Series

Logo1.png

Season 3 Championship - Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX RM

S3EVO1.png

S3EVO2.png

Season 3 Club Racing - Lotus Evora

S3Evora1.png

S3Evora2.png

Logo1.png

Season 4 Championship - TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM

S4Tuscan1.png

S4Tuscan2.png

Season 4 Club Racing - Ginetta G4

S4G41.png

S4G42.png

Logo1.png

Season 5 Championship - Acura NSX RM

S5NSX1.png

S5NSX2.png

Season 5 Club Racing - RenaultSport Clio V6

ClioV61.png

ClioV62.png

Logo1.png

Season 6 Championship - Mazda MX-5 TC

S6Champ1.png

S6Champ2.png

Season 6 Club Racing - Subaru BRZ

S6Club1.png

S6Club2.png

Logo1.png

Last edited:

Meh.. My brother says the same thing but I can take or leave Midfield. Might be good for NASCAR cars though, or LMP.

Screw Brands Hatch :lol: Mondello Park better be next ;)

Dowlin you heathan! I would second that Omnius, great track with great heritage 👍 Would prefer something like Brazil GP though. Brands Hatch probably more realistic ;)

By the way the 370z and Motegi are FANTASTIC!! Put in a 1:33 banker for now but loving it. I'll be back on that for sure this week.. A lot :D Even the replay cameras are sublime!

Dowlin you heathan! I would second that Omnius, great track with great heritage 👍 Would prefer something like Brazil GP though. Brands Hatch probably more realistic ;)

...Oh to blast it up to Druids and hammer it through Dingle Dell all wrapped up in GT5 with my collection of cars would be awesome
party.gif

Good thing my favorite track is already in game, and the real life counterpart just around the corner. I wouldn't mind seeing Midfield again, its a simple but fun track and should be a blast online.

[Off Topic]

Just had my lunch at a local brewery here in Northumberland..... I LOVE Real Ale!!!! WOOHOO!

OmniusGT
Well I am on a week off :sly:

Also I might run a couple of practice races around Carter Fell later on :)

I've just scored for the rest of the week off :)
Been having a play on Carter Fell with the little G4,can't decide if I love or hate the yumps,cars a frisky little bugger though.

And I'm in for Friday ;)

12.6.12 - Carter Fell Practice Times

Jamesybograt - 1:12.457
PSN-OmniusALX - 1:14.601

During practice one thing is apparent, DON'T over steer into the corners! (wheel users) The G4 is quite unforgiving if you have too much turn on into turn 1 and the yumps! What is good though, is when you get used to this, it's amazing how much time and speed you can actually get through most corners!

Also being 500Kg, I find softer and higher suspension really works here on this road course without reducing grip and having the rear set up to remove the natural oversteer :)

12.6.12 - Grand Valley East / Reverse Practice Times

Jamesybograt - 1:17.702
PSN-OmniusALX - 1:19.039

Observations....Keep off the curbs and the G4 seems to work well with the setup I have for Carter Fell but with everything stiffened and lowered, but keeping the 'numbers' in the same format :sly:

Also time can be gained here with a good gearbox setup too! :)

Last edited:
Yeah ,Jamesy,:) I made 17.6xx on - Grand Valley East / Reverse - this monday , it was my second practice ( first one was 1.18.6xx I just managed to reduce some oversteer so that could accelerate a bit harder)
If I could just keep the pace ....
as for the Carter Fell ,I will just lift the car , twist the wheels and make some laps to learn the corrners.

Last edited:
Ah but were you practising online? Be warned unless you've got a good setup, the 'online physics' will bite you!

I found that out last night, hence my new setups from the online practice :eek:

[Off Topic 2]

Another day on the Real Ale :eek:

This time a day in Newcastle around the best pubs for Real Ales! First off, Lunch and a few pints at the Bacchus! 👍

Lol,don't think lap times matter here,I've got no chance of nailing the yumps 24 times in a row.

Only 1:18.0xx on grand valley :(

Will anyone be following the action at Le Mans this weekend?

Also on other news, the Olympic Torch comes past my house on Friday morning!

:)

Last edited:
[Off Topic 2]

Another day on the Real Ale :eek:

This time a day in Newcastle around the best pubs for Real Ales! First off, Lunch and a few pints at the Bacchus! 👍

Hey mate, I would like to confirm my presence for friday, is it full already, or still some slots?

Sorry Omnius, I won't be able to compete tonight. Another Birthday to celebrate with the help of alcoholic beverages :lol:
Probably for the best as I've had no practice whatsoever so make the most of this opportunity to get some points guys. 'Cause I'll (try to) punish you next week ;)

Great racing again tonight. Pleased with the first race, had a couple of tussles with Joy, and would have been close for 4th place if I didnt crash at the tunnel. 2nd race, I had not had any practice at Carter Fell, and it showed. Couldnt get over the YUMPS, at all. Had a few battles with Buraspo early on, but had to retire due to a phone call from some p!$$@d idiot ringing me to tell me about something called football.

Back