CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Hi :) Would I be able to get in on the racing this evening? I'm not just clean, I'm ultra clean! Pro racer through and through looking for serious competition. Add Shin_Roh if theres a spot available, tired of searching random lobbies for decent racers 👍

I'll set up the car and do some running in just in case. I noticed the TVR is under weight regs by 5kg so I'm assuming ballast position is open to setup preferences as are suspension and gearbox. Just so you know I'm running No. 9 on yellow paintwork and chrome rims. Hope to hear from one of you guys soon so I can grab the track and have a little practice :)

If you are truly a Division 2 racer and can keep that pace for 40+ laps, you won't have much competition here. I'm assuming that the officials won't mind thought.

Captain Roh
I'll set up the car and do some running in just in case. I noticed the TVR is under weight regs by 5kg so I'm assuming ballast position is open to setup preferences as are suspension and gearbox. Just so you know I'm running No. 9 on yellow paintwork and chrome rims. Hope to hear from one of you guys soon so I can grab the track and have a little practice :)

Welcome 👍 Im finished work in two hours so if Omnius Doesnt get back to you by then I'll add you and you can get the track off me.

Well Ade was kind enough to share the track just now and so I'll post a lap time shortly. If after that you guys think I'm not suited to the series that's fine :) Quite prepared to take a ballast penalty or start from the back if necessary though. I wasn't always a div two, and I learned pretty quick that race craft goes a long long way in race scenarios. I could keep up or keep behind the quicker guys with a bit of intelligent driving ;)

Ok so just ran in the car in b spec seasonals and had a bash at Ingram GT. Great circuit matching the TVR's performance almost perfectly! With some very difficult undulations and cambers to catch out the impatient, some disciplined racing will definitely be required. Especially the narrow section before the final corner!.. 2 wide maximum and even that'll be a stretch ;)

Anyway just posted a 1:23.268.

22's are easily possible as I know I left some time out there. Particularly in turns 2 and 11.

Consistency, patience and keeping all four wheels on the circuit are paramount here. But then again, when are they not ;)

Edit: 1:22.408, 21's definitely possible

Last edited:
Captain Roh
Ok so just ran in the car in b spec seasonals and had a bash at Ingram GT. Great circuit matching the TVR's performance almost perfectly! With some very difficult undulations and cambers to catch out the impatient, some disciplined racing will definitely be required. Especially the narrow section before the final corner!.. 2 wide maximum and even that'll be a stretch ;)

Anyway just posted a 1:23.268.

22's are easily possible as I know I left some time out there. Particularly in turns 2 and 11.

Consistency, patience and keeping all four wheels are paramount here. But then again, when are they not ;)

Edit: 1:22.408

Well your bang on the fastest times now 👍 I think I set the fastest with a 1:22:103 so it looks like we'll be having a bit of fun later. I did set a 1:21:2xx in a lobby with no tyre wear but that doesn't really count.

Well your bang on the fastest times now 👍 I think I set the fastest with a 1:22:103 so it looks like we'll be having a bit of fun later. I did set a 1:21:2xx in a lobby with no tyre wear but that doesn't really count.

Nice goin Dowlin 👍 I just had my ghost beat by a good half second and stuffed it so 21's out front or in a good tow are a defininate, seems a tricky track for overtaking though. I'm sure 40 laps will produce an error or two from everybody! Good things come to those who wait eh ;)

That's not to say I don't like being out front though :D I'll take any opportunity if it's clean 👍

Hi :) Would I be able to get in on the racing this evening? I'm not just clean, I'm ultra clean! Pro racer through and through looking for serious competition. Add Shin_Roh if theres a spot available, tired of searching random lobbies for decent racers 👍

FR Sent! 👍 Welcome to the CORE 👍

Welcome 👍 Im finished work in two hours so if Omnius Doesnt get back to you by then I'll add you and you can get the track off me.

Beat ya to it.👍

Many Thanks lads, I had the thread open, just hadn't 'refreshed' it for a while so I've been missing the goings-on!
bigeyes.gif

Leaderboard and starting line-up updated... :sly:

FR Sent! 👍 Welcome to the CORE 👍

Brilliant :) Cheers Omnius 👍

Not sure of the format exactly but I guess we turn up at 8.30pm to start a short qualy before the race?

I've been practicing with damage on heavy and grip reduction set to real just FYI.

Oh and improved to a 1:22.094 just. Thatl'll do me now, at least until a few hours later ;)

Brilliant :) Cheers Omnius 👍

Not sure of the format exactly but I guess we turn up at 8.30pm to start a short qualy before the race?

I've been practicing with damage on heavy and grip reduction set to real just FYI.

Oh and improved to a 1:22.094 just. Thatl'll do me now, at least until a few hours later ;)

Yeah, I normally get the room open just before 8:30, then when everyone is in, I change the track to the one we're racing (to elliminate the room host/pole bug) then set the auto timer to 10 mins, thats when we hit the track for qualifying :)

(We use light damage and real grip with 1 mandatory pitstop) ...but I'm sure you'll have seen the full rules/layout on page 1

Looking forward to this evening :) Hope the numbers are good 👍 Sure there'll be lots of fun to be had anyway though! Just thought I'd share my ride ahead of time anyway...

the beast

👍 Captain!

I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those nights! :eek: ...I'm sure we'll have the numbers, it's not normally this quiet :ouch:

Well, a quiet night, quite out of character to be honest!

Let's hope the Club Race event has a better turn out.

Good to see Shin_Roh put in a sterling performance in his debut, 2 offs but 2nd after 42 laps, good racing!!! 👍 and a welcome addition to the CORE. Dowlin also showed some good racecraft with a pole then he lead from the front to take the win :eek:

So after 2 rounds both Dowlin and Jamesy are equal on points as we head into the slower paced but no less exciting Club Racing with the G4, how will the table look after Round 3??? :sly:

Thanks again Omnius, I really enjoyed last nights race even if I was alone for the majority of it. I'm lucky that I had such an incident free run. Great debut from Gary last night, I'm looking forward to having a dance with you sometime in the next few races 👍

Also here is those photos I mentioned... :P
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Why can't there be an E in Francorchamps :lol:

Thanks again for the invite Omnius. Great group of racers all clean and courteous 👍 Only very slightly disappointed with my first race. 2nd is 2nd after all but would of prefered to be in the thick of it :) Looking forward to some wheel to wheel action with all you guys next race, especially in the Ginetta. Should provide a close battle or three those little nippers :D

Thanks for all the nice comments too guys, appreciate it :) Will see you all on track soon 👍

Dowlin39

I could stick an E in there on Photoshop..... ;-)

FAO Omnius - may I make an early registration for this Friday coming??? Thought I would get back last night but forgot I had one of my socials on, which messed up my whole weekends plan - was for taking the girlfriend's Mini to a show today while she was working and getting a few photos of the other cars as well but the entry time for the MinBin would've been too early for me.

Thanks again Omnius, I really enjoyed last nights race even if I was alone for the majority of it. I'm lucky that I had such an incident free run. Great debut from Gary last night, I'm looking forward to having a dance with you sometime in the next few races 👍

Also here is those photos I mentioned... :P

Class Dowlin! I see what you did there!!! 👍

Also if anyone needs a G4 for Friday post on here, as I have a spare (with miles though, but untuned) and the NEW TRACK is live on my profile....word of warning, beware of the Yumps! :eek: :lol:

I would also like to draw everyone's attention to this >>> (link also on Page 1) Regs & Rules

Last edited:
CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 15.6.12

PSN-OmniusALX
R063R_GL4560W
buraspo
ade3210
geordie139
Joy_650
jamesybograt
trotterlover79

Last edited:
I would also like to draw everyone's attention to this >>> (link also on Page 1) Regs & Rules

So the regulation for grid positions in the T.S.R events would mean that me and Jamesy would be on the front row for Spa next Friday?
And thanks Omnius, It would have looked great if there was an E there :P

So the regulation for grid positions in the T.S.R events would mean that me and Jamesy would be on the front row for Spa next Friday?

I had thought that, but I've just been thinking :sly:

Still using the Championship position, but....with....a....twist!
bigeyes.gif
REVERSE GRID!
bigeyes.gif

To be honest, that would suit me better on Spa anyway. I prefer to be following people into 'that' corner (still can't remember its name, I keep thinking its called magny-cours)

Back