CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Seeing the Euro conflict with all the racing lately, why not just move the races to an earlier time? Friday isn't quite as nice for people bound to work, but planing on finishing by 20:30 CEST would allow everyone to view the game and have fun racing. As mentioned, it might not be applicable for the Friday dates, but Ade's and Jamesy's Series could work it out this way. I'm sure racing will regain it's popularity once the Euro is over and summer vacations are past.

I'm bummed to miss races as well, it is great fun racing with you guys (as long as the car isn't a b**ch to get around corners). Just my past World of Warcraft endeavors have taught me to prioritize real life social activities over gaming. Just for your information, I was deep into the WoW addiction and it took a harsh cut to get back on to track with life.

40% track with weather set to 25% at the start, in my testing (online) it was taking about 3 laps to 'dry' to the point of no spray, and I was doing good lap times on Inters during the 30-39% wet :)

Cheers,seeing as all the crap the wife watches has been taken off for the football i'll be on from 8ish for some wet practice.

Seeing the Euro conflict with all the racing lately, why not just move the races to an earlier time? Friday isn't quite as nice for people bound to work, but planing on finishing by 20:30 CEST would allow everyone to view the game and have fun racing. As mentioned, it might not be applicable for the Friday dates, but Ade's and Jamesy's Series could work it out this way. I'm sure racing will regain it's popularity once the Euro is over and summer vacations are past.

I did think about an earlier time, but settled with a postponement, as I couldnt commit myself what with family commitments and other things. As mine, and Jamesys series runs every 2 weeks, and everyone has signed up for the whole series, I thought that waiting another 2 weeks would just be easier for everyone. Drivers who have registered for Sunday cup know that every 2 weeks at 8.00pm they will be in a race, the same with GT 3.5. I want to get the series under way, and cant wait to get on with the racing, but I didnt want to start messing people around with time changes, as not everyone would be able to make it if it was earlier. Like I have said, I am not really a football fan, but a lot of SC drivers are, and its very important to me to deliver a great championship, just like season 1, and that means having as many drivers at the start as possible. The decision to postpone was not for me, but for all those who have shown commitment to my series.

Thats 4 of us :)

(I would expect ade and Jamesy will be here, so there should be at least 6 of us)

You know I will be there, and Trotter. I will warn you in advance though. I am going to a wedding in the afternoon, and may well have 1 or 2 pints.:crazy::drool::dopey::yuck:

I know, a wedding on a friday????

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to enforce cockpit cam and zero HUD elements in the racing tonight :P I feel like I'm going to be at a disadvantage because of it, but then again it is my choice :confused: I did a small practice and noticed when I set the display on to check timing it had a surface water percentage indicator!! What a crock. Don't worry about feeling for grip or playing out any kind of strategies just pit for the appropriate tyres when the computer tells you to! /moan

I can see a lot of people spinning off tonight anyway. Who knows what'll happen with the weather in such a long race though eh!

I know what you mean, there are a few options I'd have liked to see we could set for online racing, from minimum pitstops to view settings and better control over parts. Not to mention more weather control and even more realistic tyre and fuel wear. That way you wouldn't have to worry about people not making a pitstop! :eek:

As for spinning out, I didn't really have that worry during online testing on inters, its that setup I've got, worth its weight in gold! :lol:

You just try and keep me away................ rainbring it on

Looks like I may have jinxed the real weather up here! :eek:

Just took this photo out the window.........its lashing it down out there :crazy:

DSC_0258.jpg

Well that was an interesting race at Spa, and I'm quite happy with now running full damage too for my TSR events. I find it sharpens up your driving and gives the slower drivers a chance when the fast boys get it wrong and need that 'extra' pit stop 👍

Shame about my disconnection, quite out of the ordinary for me! Still it was a good race and I only missed the last 10 laps or so.

Well as we can see from the table, this season has seen a large chunk of registed drivers leave with only a third of the season gone, I'll have to see what happens with the remaining season to decide what happens after that.

Until next week everyone :)

Interesting isn't the word for that race Omnius, well for mine anyway :lol: Disaster in the first two laps for me but I kept going and besides an incident involving me and geordie, which I still want to look at and see if I caused, I managed to have a good race and almost had a great ending which everyone seemed excited to watch. Until I put it in the gravel :sly:

Unfortunate about your disconnection Omnius, I'm especially happy we had no more disconnections when it was my turn to host.

Also I think its unfortunate that Core does clash with the Euros which is probably the main reason drivers havn't been attending. Of course its not the only reason but hopefully it will pick up after the final 👍 I hope the same thing doesn't happen when the Olympics start up if it starts up before the end of The season.

All's good dowlin,incident was no ones fault but mine,I just couldn't get a handle on the understeer.To look after the tyres I was well off the pace but if I pushed them they were shot in 6 or 7 laps.

Appologies to shin too,I collected you as you recovered to track from the outside,understeered into you,thankfully it didn't hurt your result too much ;)

Spot on with the damage aswell omnius,6 or7 visits to the pit for me,not all for tyres.

Seeing how we are at Monaco this Friday, I've been thinking along with our normal setup options, this track may also need some LSD work too with it's medium to slow corners

Through testing and external reseach :sly: my understanding of how the L.S.D works in game >>>

INITIAL TORQUE
(When do you want the LSD to kick in?)

LOW = lower acceleration, less wheelspin & better tyre wear
(Only at full throttle in low gears, Only under hard braking)

HIGH = Fast acceleration, more wheelspin & rapid trye wear
(Whenever you touch the throttle, whenever you brake)

ACCELERATION
(Once activated during acceleration, how much power do you want to transfer from the wheel that slips to the wheel that grips?)

LOW = Slower delivery of power, better control in turns
(Very little transfer, good for tracks with tight turns but may cause inside wheelspin when too much throttle is applied)

HIGH = Greater delivery of power, causes erratic handling
(Lots of transfer, almost like a welded diff, good for tracks with very few tight turns or cars that have major oversteer issues. Will cause understeer followed by outside wheelspin if too much throttle is applied)

BRAKING
(Once activated during deceleration, how much power do you want to transfer from the wheel that slips to the wheel that grips?)

LOW = Less stability, ability to turn when braking
(Allow both wheels to essentially brake freely. Ovesteer will likely occur if you don't brake in a straight line)

HIGH = More stable, no ability to turn when braking
(Forces both wheels to maintain the same rotational speed under braking. Induces understeer under heavy braking)

If I'm way off the mark, or if anyone has anything to add, please feel free to do so! 👍​

CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 29.6.12

[3 Spaces available for new drivers!]

PSN-OmniusALX
ade3210
jamesybograt
geordie139
rambo793
Shin_Rho
Third_Reign
WarriusZero - (Cameo)

Last edited:
I'm interested in racing with you folks this friday bud. What should I be doing?

This is the car for this Friday...

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM

483 BHP, 890 Kg
Oil Change, Racing Hard Tyres
Full Tuning plus ENGINE Stage 1 ONLY!

So buy it, race mod, fully tune it, RH tyres and engine tuning stage 1 only.

I will add you on PSN later tonight, and I am sure some of the others will to.

We are racing at Monaco this Friday.

This is the car for this Friday...

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM

483 BHP, 890 Kg
Oil Change, Racing Hard Tyres
Full Tuning plus ENGINE Stage 1 ONLY!

So buy it, race mod, fully tune it, RH tyres and engine tuning stage 1 only.

I will add you on PSN later tonight, and I am sure some of the others will to.

We are racing at Monaco this Friday.

I;m in already? Wow I love this group already lol. I'm in. Gonna start preparing soon :)

Cheers Ade! 👍 busy day at work haven't been on here today! :eek:

Anyway welcome Rambo, hope you've got your TVR sorted ok, I'll be on shortly and will send you an FR too.

See you on the track!

Cheers Ade! 👍 busy day at work haven't been on here today! :eek:

Anyway welcome Rambo, hope you've got your TVR sort ok, I'll be on shortly and will send you an FR too.

See you on the track!

Thank you bud :).

Ok Rambo

I'll need your RM number and car colours (car & wheels) so I can update the leaderboard on page 1 👍

Oh and you do have a Ginetta G4 for the Club Races too don't you??? I have a spare if you don't :)

Ok Rambo

I'll need your RM number and car colours (car & wheels) so I can update the leaderboard on page 1 👍

Oh and you do have a Ginetta G4 for the Club Races too don't you??? I have a spare if you don't :)

My RM number is 17.

Car colour: Volcano
Wheel: I got the light grey MOTEGI Touge wheels from GT Auto
Gonna tune the car now.

Nope mate, No ginetta G4. Club races? What's the difference between the races on firdya and the club races?

Nope mate, No ginetta G4. Club races? What's the difference between the races on firdya and the club races?

Round 5 - 29.6.12 * Championship * Cote d'Azur - Laps 36

Round 6 - 6.7.12 * Championship * NPS - Cheviot GT - Laps 50

Round 7 - 13.7.12 * Club Racing Heat 1 * Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse - Laps 20

Round 7 - 13.7.12 * Club Racing Heat 2 * NPS - Rooklands - Laps 22

Round 8 - 20.7.12 * T.S.R. II * Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 (Dawn --> Day) - Laps 22

The championship and TSR races are in the TVR, and the club races are in the Ginetta.

Back