CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Season 5 updates coming this Friday evening 👍

I need as many of you ready for the change! :)

(More Season 3 photos added to the CORE FB Page)

Last edited:
Won't be making it this Friday.

I will have the pleasure learning for my Quantum Field Theory and Group Theory exams -_-

Oh the joy of staring at formulas!

Third Reign
Won't be making it this Friday.

I will have the pleasure learning for my Quantum Field Theory and Group Theory exams -_-

Oh the joy of staring at formulas!

That's understandable! Not something you can just do in an afternoon! Pretty major stuff there!

Enjoy! :)

I wonder if because it's Friday 13th this week, this may have an effect on Round 7? :eek:

Gonna try and reflow trotters PS3 again on Friday, so lets hope Fri 13th doesnt intervene with that. If it doesnt, he will be there.

GTP_ADE
Gonna try and reflow trotters PS3 again on Friday, so lets hope Fri 13th doesnt intervene with that. If it doesnt, he will be there.

Good luck with it mate,hope it's a success.
I had to do my 60gb fatty a couple of times,Second time it only lasted long enough to get my save data off though. :(

And I'm in for Friday.

GTP_ADE

*Now you've done it*

Nah, I'm sure the great gods of thermal paste will be with you! :)

GT Flaw
Good luck with it mate,hope it's a success.
I had to do my 60gb fatty a couple of times,Second time it only lasted long enough to get my save data off though. :(

And I'm in for Friday.

Yeah! 👍

i would like to join your league if its possible im a clean racer

You're more than welcome if you can make the time due to our timezones :eek:

If you'd like to race with us on Friday, you'll need to post your car colours for both you're RM TVR and your Ginetta G4 '64 (Car & Wheels)

Also you need a race number for your TVR - Have a check on page 1 (if you haven't already) to see what numbers have gone. The Leaderboards are at the bottom of post 1.

If you're still up for it, let me be the first to welcome you to the CORE 👍

(If you don't have a G4, I've got a couple spare as you will see there is a tuning requirement in place, so it's best to start with an untuned one then add the parts that are required, as you know, there are some parts you can't remove!)

Oh and one of the tracks this Friday is a custom number, you can grab it from my GT5 profile then get a bit testing done with the G4 to get you up to speed :)

ok the time zone thing is not a problem and i would like the car and i will follow the other instructions and i am up for it

tvr :embarrassed:range and white rims car # 32
g4 :embarrassed:range and white rims car # 32

Last edited:
Count me in for this week as well, please.

Must. Remember. To. Do. Online. Practicing.

That damn Ginetta felt like it had tyres made of ball bearings last time round. I also have half a dozen of them lying about in my garage if anyone has any need or use for them.

Nah, I'm sure the great gods of thermal paste will be with you! :)

6 hours in the oven at 150 f followed by a good squirt of no clean flux behind the chips and another quick blast in the oven at 450 f. Arctic silver thermal paste on the chips and trotter should be up and running again. I done it before, and that was last July, so a years not too bad.

GTP_ADE
6 hours in the oven at 150 f followed by a good squirt of no clean flux behind the chips and another quick blast in the oven at 450 f. Arctic silver thermal paste on the chips and trotter should be up and running again. I done it before, and that was last July, so a years not too bad.

Didn't realise you had to oven bake the PCB!?!?!? Back in the PC days you just 'glued' heatsinks with the paste, no Delia Smith required :lol:

Didn't realise you had to oven bake the PCB!?!?!? Back in the PC days you just 'glued' heatsinks with the paste, no Delia Smith required :lol:

You have to heat the chips up hot enough to melt the solder. The solder is cheap and cheerful lead free rubbish, and over time it gets little cracks in it. The flux restores the solder and gives it back its flexibility, so it doesnt go brittle when cooling down after hours of play. Trotter PCB is now in my hands, ready for cooking tomorrow:crazy:

Guys, I'm gonna pass on this tonight. I can't seem to manage to handle the G4. I steer small into the corners coz I know she's fond of sliding, but then she runs off the track. But anymore steering angle applied, no matter how minuscule and she goes into an oversteer that I can't catch or counter.

Last time I think I was lapped something like 6 times by the front runners coz I couldn't handle the car, and it's looking like this evening will be something similar for me. Can't manage a lap without sliding out. Seems to be a good number on the grid tonight if the rest all appear, but I feel I would be a nuisance on the track to the other drivers with my lack of car control in the Ginetta.

Guys, I'm gonna pass on this tonight. I can't seem to manage to handle the G4. I steer small into the corners coz I know she's fond of sliding, but then she runs off the track. But anymore steering angle applied, no matter how minuscule and she goes into an oversteer that I can't catch or counter.

Last time I think I was lapped something like 6 times by the front runners coz I couldn't handle the car, and it's looking like this evening will be something similar for me. Can't manage a lap without sliding out. Seems to be a good number on the grid tonight if the rest all appear, but I feel I would be a nuisance on the track to the other drivers with my lack of car control in the Ginetta.

Awww, come and be a nuisance with me Rog

Try this setting >>>>

RH - 0 5
SR - 5.0 3.0
De - 4 4
Dc - 3 3
ARB - 2 1
CA - 2.0 2.5
Ta - -0.15 0.00

👍 The CORE - Together we are stronger!

I was having similar swappy-end problems,I found moving the ballast forward made a huge difference.

Another good night of racing - Round 7 Club Racing.

Both Heats proved yet again to land in my favour. The G4 is running good for this season's Club Races! 2 more podium finishes!

But the night has to be remembered for my FIRST EVER Pole Position, and not any old Pole Position, I got the 1:34:xxx in the last SECOND before automatic race start!!!!! :) :) :)

Congrats also go out to trotter and our newcomer Gt_Precision for solid performances in both races.

Bad luck was with GT though, a disconnection on lap 16 Heat 2 means GT only gets 73% of the points he would have got if he had finished in 4th.

Still I hope that Gt_Precision will return to run the TVR with us next week and build on the points he's put on the board (its all good practice before I unleash Season 5)

Not forgetting both geordie139 & jamesybograt for their respective wins!

👍

As promised some news on Season 5....

There will be 13 rounds and only 3 custom tracks from the Northumberland Park Series (hoping that will get more new people in as prehaps too many custom track put people off???)

Also the Club double race nights will now take part on the same track rather than 2 different ones, again to make it more accessible for everyone as you will only need to practice 1 track instead of 2 :)

And finally (for now :sly: ) Trident is dead, the CORE GT Series will be re-branded, so no more Trident or things that tie-in to the use of the number 3! And when I say re-branded I mean the sub section ' Trident'

The CORE GT Series will remain unchanged, so no need to panic

FirstPole.png

What a way to take my first ever Pole Position!

In the last second of qualifying with jamesybograt a cars length in front, I couldn't believe it when I snatched 1st in the dying seconds :) 👍

I'm really digging the graphics, how do you do them? A career in graphic design?

Thanks Third 👍

Sadly no, its all self-taught over many years of using different 'graphics' packages :)

I've got a whole new batch of graphics to re-brand page 1 when Season 5 goes live.....I just had to get one of them up now :sly:

Back