CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
So sorry I missed Friday Omnius, tbh I thought Friday was Thursday and yesterday was Friday so you cab imagine how much of an idiot I feel right now

So sorry I missed Friday Omnius, tbh I thought Friday was Thursday and yesterday was Friday so you cab imagine how much of an idiot I feel right now

You should register for email reminders of the races (I've created the CORE GT as an event on GTP, and 2 hours before the race, anyone who has 'registered' for the series, receives an email to remind them 👍

You should register for email reminders of the races (I've created the CORE GT as an event on GTP, and 2 hours before the race, anyone who has 'registered' for the series, receives an email to remind them 👍

Hey mate! Srry I missed some races, I haven´t been around... I would like to race friday, is that ok?

My appearance this Friday is questionable since the lecturer for whom I TA decided to correct the finals in one go. It might be a very long evening for me then.

CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 20.7.12

PSN-OmniusALX
Joy_650
ade3210
jamesybograt
geordie139
trotterlover79
Dowlin39 - TBC
Third_Reign - TBC

Last edited:
TheRavenGT.png

Season 5 Update....

We will still be using 2 cars for Season 5, but there will be a (most welcome???) twist to one of our disciplines :sly:

Also the season will end with a 'sting' in its tail :eek:

More soon..... 👍

Last edited:
An interesting Endurance race tonight!

3 retirements and a sterling performance by geordie139!

Congrats go out to trotterlover for bagging the 2nd place overall in the TSR events! Unlucky for Joy_650 who after returning after a spell of missed races, was on for the win on lap 19/22 when he suffered a real mechanical breakdown - his wheel jammed as I was following him (after being lapped)

Across the Start/Finish line he went, only for me to see him drift out to the left and continue across the grass kicking dust up only for him to slide across the wall in a shower of sparks and into the gravel trap at the end of the straight! Bad luck for Joy, but it looked cool from my position! :sly:

Only 18 points between 1st (jamesybograt) and 2nd (OmniusALX) with only 4 weeks of the season left! 👍

Last edited:
TheRavenGT.png

Season 5 Update....

We will still be using 2 cars for Season 5, but there will be a (most welcome???) twist to one of our disciplines :sly:

Also the season will end with a 'sting' in its tail :eek:

More soon..... 👍

looks awesome cant wait for it. :drool: :)

An interesting Endurance race tonight!

3 retirements and a sterling performance by geordie139!

Congrats go out to trotterlover for bagging the 2nd place overall in the TSR events! Unlucky for Joy_650 who after returning after a spell of missed races, was on for the win on lap 19/22 when he suffered a real mechanical breakdown - his wheel jammed as I was following him (after being lapped)

Across the Start/Finish line he went, only for me to see him drift out to the left and continue across the grass kicking dust up only for him to slide across the wall in a shower of sparks and into the gravel trap at the end of the straight! Bad luck for Joy, but it looked cool from my position! :sly:

Only 18 points between 1st (jamesybograt) and 2nd (OmniusALX) with only 4 weeks of the season left! 👍

Oh mate, I made one of my best races! I was bumped on the first lap while leading, and on the next corner I got bumped again. I was 20 sec behind geordie, and with damage on 3 of the 4 wheels, but somehow keeping his pace. I pitted and hunted him down, I was 10 sec when geordie left after his first stop, I pushed very, very hard and was able to get on the tow ( and overtook Jamesy with what was, in my opinion, a brilliant dive down the inside :) ) I pressured geordie, he made a mistake, and I overtook him. On lap 19 I was with 14 sec advantage when my steering wheel jammed, and I was stuck in 3rd and couln´t turn, or shift gears, or brake, or nothing! That one was harsh

Joy
Oh mate, I made one of my best races! I was bumped on the first lap while leading, and on the next corner I got bumped again. I was 20 sec behind geordie, and with damage on 3 of the 4 wheels, but somehow keeping his pace. I pitted and hunted him down, I was 10 sec when geordie left after his first stop, I pushed very, very hard and was able to get on the tow ( and overtook Jamesy with what was, in my opinion, a brilliant dive down the inside :) ) I pressured geordie, he made a mistake, and I overtook him. On lap 19 I was with 14 sec advantage when my steering wheel jammed, and I was stuck in 3rd and couln´t turn, or shift gears, or brake, or nothing! That one was harsh

I know Joy it had all the drama of a real Endurance race! When I saw you go off I knew something was up :eek:

Still your efforts didn't go unrewarded, because you got 83% of the race completed, you gained 37 points for the position you were in when you disconnected :)

I know Joy it had all the drama of a real Endurance race! When I saw you go off I knew something was up :eek:

Still your efforts didn't go unrewarded, because you got 83% of the race completed, you gained 37 points for the position you were in when you disconnected :)

But it was still frustrating mate! Pushing all the way, i made at least 15 qualifying laps, one after the other, until I was on geordie´s tow, there I was just studying him, to see the better place to overtake

SEASON 5 Full reveal will take place at Round 11 (Last Club Race) on 10th August.

This is so everyone (and potential new drivers) have time to get themselves sorted.

The TSR III will still take place 1 week later, but due to some of the changes, and with not wanting to put a gap between seasons, this gives all an overlap of '2 weeks' before Season 5 begins.

SPEC Racing & OPEN Racing begins 24th August! - The CORE GT Series introducing the RAVEN GT Championship & RAVEN GT Club Racing!!! 👍

Omnius, may I exceptionally borrow your thread to advertise for the Zero Cup?
There will be a special event on 1st August, please head to my blog to know more about this possible taster of the ZC's season 2...

CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 27.8.12

PSN-OmniusALX
jamesybograt
ade3210
geordie139

Last edited:
Me three.

Daaaammnn,just went on to buy Motegi and get some laps in but the PSN's down untill tomorrow morning. :grumpy::grumpy:

Last edited:
No Show for me tonight, I'm invited to a birthday party tonight. Fortuna hasn't been kind to me concerning the overlap of Racing with other events. Always something coming up...

Dont know what happened, but pitted on the end of lap 8, and screen froze, and then got "you have been disconected" message. Then screen just locked and had to turn PS3 off with the back switch. When I turned it back on it said PS3 had not been shut down properly, and then went through file restore. GRRRRR. I may need t buy a new PS3 before long.

Last edited:
Back