Create your own car company

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 427 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrbol is going to kick off the new year with a new vehicle; Called the Samtach, this sports coupe is relatively cheap with many options, including a more luxurious interior with the highest tier model.

Model Name: Samtach
Trim Levels: Samtach; Samtach V6; Samtach V6 4WD; Samtach V8; Samtach H.A.
Body Style(s): Coupe
Engine(s): 2L Turbo I4(212 hp); V6(316 hp); V8(380 hp) 2.4L Turbo I4(460 hp)
Drivetrain(s): FR; F4
Transmission(s): 6-speed manual; 6-speed auto; 7-speed semi-auto
Location of Factory: Lufkin, Tx
Description (optional): Starting at $24,231, this sports coupe is available to option up to $42,800.
Cost of Development (see below): 1900 cr.

In addition, Harrbol would like to upgrade the factory in Lufkin from "Small" to "Medium"
1900+5000=6900 cr

Harrbol now has 1650 cr
Harrbol now has 4070 credits.

Ummm Question.

How do you make money without selling the very cars you make?
That defies logic
tumblr_mde7ll0zt41qbkiyvo1_500.gif

Brand Name: James
Established: Q1 2015
Logo:
james_logo.jpg

Headquarters Location:
55.941505, -4.151566
Glasgow, Scotland

CEO: James May
Having reviewed cars on some pokey motoring show for too many years, James May has decided to invest his knowledge and savings to solving the current issues road users are experiencing. Mr May had this to say on the deal:
"I agreed to what? Oh cock...".

James are entering the car market with an intent to making cars in the future. The line will then be expanded into working cars, and potentially even working racing cars if someone wants to broker a deal to give us some working racing cars.

Factory Locations:
Small factory in Glasgow - run by mate down the road, James.

Dealership Locations:
A few cars parked outside the factory with "4 Sale" signs printed in the windows.

Number of Car Models: 1 at launch.

Introducing - The James Corden '15
James-Corden-008.jpg

James Corden is a family SUV with suave undertones. The I4 (if all the cylinders are firing) engine purrs at you like a wet walrus as you cruise around town effortlessly. It may be shaped a little bulky, but it has benefitted from sports experience over the years. It may just leave you laughing at your friends poor choice not to buy a James Corden like you.

Trim Levels : Dapper.
Body Style : SUV
Engine : 1.0L I4 Diesel "J01"
Drivetrain : Front Engine 4 Wheel Drive "JF4X4"
Transmission : Manual
Cost of Development : 1,150cr

"The James Corden will be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Q2 2015, which will involve a mobile demonstration along the course across the weekend. We are confident that it will reach the finish line on at least 1 of these runs, and the crowd will see this car really is in a league of its own."

Start Credits
10,000 cr*

Expenditure
Small Factory - 1,000cr
Dealership - 250cr
James Corden - 1,150cr
Goodwood Festival of Speed Entry - 100cr
Goodwood Festival of Speed Showcase "James Corden" - 50cr
Total - 2550cr

Remaining Budget
7450cr

*From above, I can't find a mention of this in the rules so I wasn't sure if its set or a variable?

-Latest Auto News around the world-

Volkswagen has paid McLaren a large sum of money to release the McLaren P1's Nurburgring Lap Time, which turned out to be 6:59.7, over two seconds slower than Porsche's 918 Weissach. Meanwhile, Ferrari's F70 LaFerrari recorded a time of 6:58.3 around the ring, creating a three-way hypercar rivalry. A recent episode of BBC's Top Gear revealed that the McLaren P1 completed a lap around the Top Gear test track at .2 seconds faster than the 918 Spyder.

The U.S. Government has effectively taken over General Motors after over 300 more cases of ignition failure emerged. In order to pay the victims of the defect and the fines enforced by the U.S. Government, GM has cancelled all production of new Buicks. Vice-President Joe Biden has been made co-CEO of General Motors, while experts analyse that he will soon force Mary Barra from her position.

Ford has unveiled it's new compact pickup, the 2016 Ford Rangestar, at the Detroit Auto Show.

Porsche's 919 won the 2014 24 hours of Le Mans by a record 38 laps over Audi's R18. Audi Sport went on to win the driver's and contructor's championships.

After spending 14 months in a coma, F1's Michael Schumacher has awaken and is in the process of recovery. Doctors are optimistic.

Sebastian Vettel won his fifth F1 Championship in a row.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won his first NASCAR Sprint Cup championship, edging teammate Jimmie Johnson by 2 points after Johnson's engine failure at Homestead.

*Yes, most of these events are improbable. I'm just trying to make the game more interesting.*

Firehound Police Vehicles will construct a new factory in San Francisco, California, both to build vehicles closer to the West Coast dealer, and ready to build future models. For now, it will build more examples of the Enforcer sedan and Peacekeeper SUV. This factory will be a small factory, with an output of 5,000 cars every 3 months (the police car market isn't really a big market). FPV is investing Cr.1,000 into this new factory, meaning that the current account balance is now Cr.7,350.

Volpe is entering the Atlas and the Maggio at the Geneva motor show, for a cost of 200 cr.

That brings the company's total balance to: 8 350 cr.

Avalon Motor Corp. Update

After seeing the amount of cars we have been making, Carmain2K has made the bold decision to open four new dealerships. In a recent statement, he said:

We have been overproducing the AS-2 to such an extent that we cant sell all of them. To combat this, I have set up 4 dealerships around the globe, to try to truly reach out to possible buyers. This should help combat our currently massive backlog of unsold, untouched cars.

Avalon Motor Corp.

Factory Locations: 1
  • Plymouth, UK
Dealership Locations: 7
  • Birmingham, UK
  • London, UK
  • Berlin, Germany
  • Madrid, Spain
  • New York, USA
  • Los Angeles, USA
  • Beijing, China
Number of Car Models: 1
  • AS-2 (Sedan)

Previous Balance - 3490cr
Current Balance - 2490cr

Menace Motors 2015 - Q1 Report

- - - - - - - - - -

Balance (starting 2015 Q1): 10,000cr

Profit: 850cr

Balance (ending 2015 Q1): 2,700cr

- - - - - - - - - -
Everything is being kept the same except,

Cost of car is being reduced to 1300cr.

New hatchback model being introduced:
Model Name: Menace Pandora GT
Trim Levels: standard
Body Style(s): Hatchback
Engine(s): 6 Cylinder producing 260hp
Drivetrain(s): FR
Transmission(s): Manual 6 speed
Location of Factory: Same as the Menace 200S
Description (optional): Made to compete with cars such as the BMW 120D but with an increase in power and just a fraction of the price.
Cost of Development (see below):

I6 Engine Cost: 150Cr
Manual Transmission: 100cr
FR Drivetrain: 150cr
Coupe Body Style: 100cr
Dealership x2: 500cr
Hatchback Body Style: 100cr
(Do parts I've bought for other models need to be bought again for this one?)
---------------------------------
Ending balance: 1600cr

Official Orion Ostramis Performance Data

Power:
266 hp
Torque: 280 ft lbs
0-60: 6.3 seconds
Top Speed: 148mph
Weight: 1274kg

Ummm Question.

How do you make money without selling the very cars you make?
That defies logic

He was just making too many cars; he had dealers and was selling them.

Anyway, I've developed a system which will auction off inactive players' companies. See the OP for details.

Now this is a good point - I have capacity to make 5,000 cars and only 1 "dealership"!
Thankfully I skipped corners with the cars themselves and so I can invest in some showrooms, and name badges for our employees:
greeting3b.png

Dealerships:
London, UK - 250cr
Dublin, Ireland - 250cr
Cardiff, UK - 250cr
Manchester, UK - 250cr
Bristol, UK - 250cr

Q1 Update
Start Credits
10,000 cr

Expenditure
Small Factory - 1,000cr
Dealerships - 1,500cr
James Corden - 1,150cr
Goodwood Festival of Speed Entry - 100cr
Goodwood Festival of Speed Showcase "James Corden" - 50cr
Total - 3800cr

Remaining Budget
6200cr

Aquila Motors has revamped its marketing programme, and is proud to announce that it is entering all three of its models into the Goodwood FOS for a cost of 250 credits.

Balance - 6142 credits

@Danny Remember, if you don't pay up, I can take control of Paula Deen motors.

Last edited:
Budget Report

Total Starting: 10,000cr
Total Used: 3,550cr
Remaining Balance: 6,450cr
Q3 Profit: 870cr

Total Remaining Balance: 7,320cr

Can someone please tell me how exactly we make money? How do we know how many cars are sold? How do you tell who is the most powerful company?

Arkell Automotive will be present Scamp and CarGo at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, at a cost of 100cr for entry and 50cr for each seperate model.

Harrbol would like to bring their entire fleet of cars to the NAIAS, which includes the Samtach, Babam, and Memrix, at a total cost of 250 cr.

Introducing an all new VAR model, the 1969 Pontiac GTO "The Judge"!

pontiac-gto-judge-2.jpg

With this announcement, VAR would also like to announce the opening of 6 brand new factories located across the entire United States, along with 4 entirely new dealerships.

Finally, VAR will be making an appearance at the Detroit Auto Show, showcasing both out Mustang models as well as the brand new GTO.

Model Name: VAR GTO (1969)
Trim Levels: "The Judge" Graphics Package
Body Style(s): Coupe
Engine(s): 400ci 6.6L V8, 455ci 7.5L V8
Drivetrain(s): Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission(s): 3 and 4 Speed Automatic, 3 Speed Manual

Location of Factories:

Indian Falls, New York
Los Angeles, California
Tampa, Florida
Houston, Texas
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reno, Nevada
Wichita, Kansas

Dealership Locations:

Indian Falls, New York
Los Angeles, California
Houston, Texas
Salt Lake City, Utah
Wichita, Kansas

Description (optional): Remanufactured 1969 Pontiac GTO, entirely brand new as it would have rolled off the lot in 1969. Engines and transmissions are installed via customer order in which your will be provided with a selectable sheet where you can check off what you want installed.

Expenditure List

Handbuilt Factory x7: 700cr
Dealership x3: 1250cr
Headquarters Cost: 500cr
V8 Engines: 500cr
Body Style: 100cr
Drivetrain: 150cr
Manual Transmission: 100cr
Automatic Transmission: 400cr

Total: 3,700cr

CURRENT BUDGET REPORT:

Total Starting: 10,000cr
Car Model 1 Production Cost: 3,550cr
Remaining Balance: 6,450cr
Q3 Profit: 870cr
Car Model 2 Production Cost: 3,700cr
Detriot Auto Show Entry Fees (Both Car Models): 200cr

Total Remaining Balance: 3,420cr

Victory Budget

subtotal: 9,070 cr
profit: +440 cr
new medium factory (location: somewhere in Massachusetts): -6,000 cr
new dealership (location: NYC, NY): -250 cr
total: 3,260

==
Victory VS-1.0 will now be manufactured in the new medium sized factory
==

Model Name:
VR-1.0
Trim Levels:
Base, T
Body Style(s):
Coupe (100 cr)
Engine(s):
V8 (250 cr) (base model)
Turbocharged (200 cr) (T model)
Drivetrain(s):
M4 (750 cr)
Transmission(s):
semi-automatic (300 cr)
Location of Factory:
hand built factory
Description (optional):
This new modern gran tourer as a medium sized V8 engine that'll compete with the 650S and 458. It's very light and its only focus is speed and handling.
Cost of Development (see below):
1600 cr

==

New Budget
subtotal: 3,260
VR-1.0 development: -1,600 cr
total: 1,660

Expenses:
5550cr

Profit:
Q3-2900cr
Q4-3680cr

Cash in hand:
11030cr.

-------------------------------------------------

After the CEO's absence I'm proud to announce new investements and models

Handbuilt Factory in Leiria
Small Factory in Madrid
3 Dealerships in Berlin, Moscow and New York
Cost:1850cr

Car Model Specification Form
Model Name:700R
Trim Levels:Standard
Body Style(s):Coupe
Engine(s): V12
Drivetrain(s): MR
Transmission(s): 7-speed Semi
Location of Factory: Leiria
Cost of Development: 1350cr

Model Name:X300
Trim Levels:Standard
Body Style(s):SUV
Engine(s): Twin-Turbo I4
Drivetrain(s): F4
Transmission(s): 6 speed Auto
Location of Factory: Madrid
Cost of Development: 1550cr

Total Cost: 4750cr.

Also Daemoniorum Motors wants to start a racing team. Le Mans GT is our goal, but we do need further info on expenditures besides the 5,000 cr. cost

Starting Form
name: Ring
Logo:
New one to come.
Headquarters Location: Kansas City, Mo
CEO: I
Company Type: Many Kinds of cars
Factory Locations: Kansas City, Mo,
Dealership Locations: Kansas City, Mo, Washington D.C, New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles.
Number of Car Models: 1

Model Name: Zaturn
Trim Levels: Base, Premium
Body Style(s): Suv
Engine(s): Base edition: V6, Premium edition: V8
Transmission(s): 6 Speed automatic
Location of Factory: Kansas City, Mo
Description (optional): Average 4 Seat Family Suv with fully adjustable climate control and sunroof.
Cost of Development: 1,450

Expenditure List:
HeadQuarters: 500
Small Factory (5,000 cars built/quarter) Cost: 1,000cr]
5 Dealerships Cost: 1,250cr
Total: 2,750

Total for all: 4,200

Money left: 5,800

(Since I saw the last one was completly wrong I decided to fix it.)

Shark announces that it will test the UK market depending on response at Goodwood Festival of Speed
If all goes well they will build a small Factory in West Sussex, England. (-1,000cr) and 5 dealerships in the following locations, London, West Sussex, East Sussex, Hampshire, and Norfolk. -(1,250) That leaves me with 10,770cr.

@JMoney689 Would you please make a report how cars are received at every Auto show? Maybe along with the Quarterly reports?

Due to poor sales, lack of CEO interest, and an unsettled debt, Paula Deen Motorsin full to has been relinquished to Aquila Motors in full, and Danny has withdrawn from the game. This gives Aquila motors access to a new large factory, a 16th dealership, 4 and 6 speed automatic transmissions, 1.6 and 1.8 litre engines, two chassis to use, and 1120 credits. Plans for PDM will be outlined in this update. Instead of merging the two companies, a new name will be given to the new multinational corporation:

Betelgeuse Motor Company
Betelgeuse Motor Company comprises of two separate brands. Aquila Motors is a high end, exclusive automaker producing luxury, GT, and sports vehicles. Paula Deen Motors caters to the masses, selling simple but reliable and high quality vehicles at affordable prices. The model line ups are as follows:

Aquila Motors

Headquarters: London
Factory: Birmingham (medium)
Dealerships: 15

Existing models:

Model Name: Ace
Trim Levels: Ace, Ace Sport, Ace Racing (new trim level)
Body Style(s): Coupe, convertible
Engine(s): 4.0 litre V12, naturally aspirated
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 7 speed DCT
Location of Factory: Birmingham
Brief model description:
The Aquila Ace is a dynamic, exciting supercar. It is available as a two seat coupe or convertible, with a balanced RWD chassis. It can be had with a slick 6 speed manual or a racy 7 speed dual clutch gearbox. It's designed for the gentleman enthusiast, who might use his Ace to commute to work on a nice day, dissect a mountain road on a summer evening, or take it to the limit on the racetrack on Sunday. Comfortable enough for everyday use but equipped with a high revving 550 bhp V12 and lightweight construction and materials, the Ace has breathtaking performance.

The Ace Racing features more power and weight saving technology to make it one of the best track cars on the planet. It offers an excellent drive on the track and yet is still enjoyable on the road.

Model Name: Interceptor
Trim Levels: Interceptor, Interceptor GT
Body Style(s): Coupe, convertible
Engine(s): 4.0 litre V12 naturally aspirated, 4.5 litre V8 twin turbo
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 7 speed DCT, 6 speed automatic (new option)
Brief model description:
The Aquila Interceptor is the ultimate GT car. It's equally at home crossing continents, carving canyon roads, or simply driving around town. Like the Ace, the Interceptor uses our modular RWD chassis architecture. It uses the same engine, tuned to make 500 bhp but with more torque and a more relaxed nature. The spacious 4 seat coupe or convertible body and commodious boot make for easy long distance travel. The car is dynamic and poised on the road, but supple and relaxing to drive when cruising.

The Interceptor GT features Aquila Motors' twin turbo V8 for more power and torque than the V12, as well as better fuel efficiency. The suspension tuning is nearly identical, therefore the Interceptor is the purists choice, while the Interceptor S is faster and more relaxed to drive.

Model Name: Emperor
Trim Levels: Luxury, Sport, Ultimate
Body Style(s): SUV
Engine(s): 4.5 litre V8, twin turbo
Transmission: 7 speed DCT, 6 speed automatic (new option)
Description (optional): The Aquila Emperor is the ultimate SUV. Available in Luxury, Sport, and Ultimate trim levels, it has a wide variety of talents and is equally capable around town or off road. The Sport model features lower and sportier suspension for dynamic performance, while the Ultimate model features air suspension and two rear recliners with built in entertainment systems. It is the ultimate luxury vehicle. It features an all new chassis and 520 bhp 4.5 litre twin turbocharged V8, delivering more torque and better economy than our 4.0 litre V12.

Paula Deen Motors
Headquarters: London
Factory Locations: Albany, Georgia (large)
Dealerships: 16 (15 new, cost of 3750 cr)

Existing models (with changes):

Model Name: Magic Carpet (Previously the Paula Deen Wagon)
Trim Levels: A, B
Body Style(s): Large MPV
Engine(s): 1.6 litre I4 NA, 1.8 litre I4 NA, 1.8 litre I4 turbo
Drivetrain(s): FWD
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 6 speed automatic
Location of Factory: Albany, Georgia
Cost of changes: 700 cr (new bodystyle, I4 turbo engine)
Model Description: The Magic Carpet is the MPV every family needs. Featuring 7 seats and an ingeniously packaged interior, it's incredibly practical and very friendly to passengers. The new body is very safe, forgoing the unusual and heavy detachable roof of the PD Wagon. The A version offers affordable pricing, while the B model offers features that might be seen on a premium vehicle. Both are available with a choice of 2 engines and transmissions.

Model Name: Bolt (Previously Deep Fried Butter Special GTi)
Trim Levels: A, B, GTi
Body Style(s): Hatchback, Saloon, Convertible
Engine(s): 1.6 litre I4 NA, 1.8 litre I4 NA, 1.8 litre I4 turbo (New engine! from the Magic Carpet)
Drivetrain(s): FWD
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 6 speed automatic, 7 speed DCT
Cost of changes: 300 cr (two new bodystyles)
Description: The Bolt is a small, efficient, practical car with a free spirit and terrific dynamics. It's fun to drive but very efficient, and is also surprisingly practical. A perfect first car or a great family car for the enthusiast and the smart consumer alike. The GTi model features sports car handling and a powerful engine for a pure hot hatch experience.

New Model!
Model Name: Epica
Trim Levels: A, B, C
Body Styles: Saloon, Hatchback, Estate
Engines: 1.8 litre I4 NA, 1.8 litre I4 turbo
Transmissions: 6 speed automatic, 6 speed manual
Cost of development: 500 cr (three bodystyles)
Description: The PDM Epica is a dynamic yet comfortable midsize/large family car. It offers copious amounts of space with exciting dynamics and high efficiency. This is a large car for the smart consumer or fleet customer. It displays the characteristics of a proper GT car at affordable prices, with practical saloon, estate, and 5 door hatch forms, and three trim levels.

BMC financial report:
Expenses - 5250 cr (1500 on R&D and 15 new dealerships)
Profit - 250 cr (Selling PDM's old headquarters)
Previous balance - 7262 cr (6142+1120)

@JMoney689 When you calculate BMC's revenue, will you do each brand separately and add them together or do the whole corporation at once? Also, I'm assuming that given the standard delay that the companies will get separate revenue statements for Q2.

Last edited:
Phoenix Automotive has some sad news. With not really good sales I've decided to only last one more quarter. If we make 1250 CR this quarter we shall continue. If not than we might retire. However the Flash will still be at Goodwood for publicity.

-Latest Auto News around the world-

Volkswagen has paid McLaren a large sum of money to release the McLaren P1's Nurburgring Lap Time, which turned out to be 6:59.7, over two seconds slower than Porsche's 918 Weissach. Meanwhile, Ferrari's F70 LaFerrari recorded a time of 6:58.3 around the ring, creating a three-way hypercar rivalry. A recent episode of BBC's Top Gear revealed that the McLaren P1 completed a lap around the Top Gear test track at .2 seconds faster than the 918 Spyder.

The U.S. Government has effectively taken over General Motors after over 300 more cases of ignition failure emerged. In order to pay the victims of the defect and the fines enforced by the U.S. Government, GM has cancelled all production of new Buicks. Vice-President Joe Biden has been made co-CEO of General Motors, while experts analyse that he will soon force Mary Barra from her position.

Ford has unveiled it's new compact pickup, the 2016 Ford Rangestar, at the Detroit Auto Show.

Porsche's 919 won the 2014 24 hours of Le Mans by a record 38 laps over Audi's R18. Audi Sport went on to win the driver's and contructor's championships.

After spending 14 months in a coma, F1's Michael Schumacher has awaken and is in the process of recovery. Doctors are optimistic.

Sebastian Vettel won his fifth F1 Championship in a row.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won his first NASCAR Sprint Cup championship, edging teammate Jimmie Johnson by 2 points after Johnson's engine failure at Homestead.

*Yes, most of these events are improbable. I'm just trying to make the game more interesting.*

Rangestar, eh. Damn.

Also, I was thinking we need some form of journalism for this, even if everything reported is made up. Maybe have an open conversation between everyone and do some prodding every once in a while.

Also, DAMMIT VETTEL!

Phoenix Automotive has some sad news. With not really good sales I've decided to only last one more quarter. If we make 1250 CR this quarter we shall continue. If not than we might retire. However the Flash will still be at Goodwood for publicity.
I would be fairly interested in acquiring Phoenix Automotive, if you decide to fold. If you're interested in a takeover, it would help if you could make a list of all of your models (you can just quote the posts they're in), tell me how many (and what kind of) factories and dealerships you have, how many credits you currently have, and a brief overview of your financial situation. We could then sort out some sort of arrangement.

Of course, if Phoenix Automotive does well this quarter then you won't need to look into shutting down operations, so I wish you the best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back