Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,598 comments
Do people give a toss about homecoming queen, whatever it is?

In a very unhealthy 1950s image of what suburban life is supposed to look like, the homecoming queen is supposed to represent the quintessential girl in the way that the captain of the football team is supposed to represent the quintessential boy. So if your picket fence image of reality needs to portray those two tropes falling in love and getting married, then the homecoming queen being trans is a complete disaster.

For everyone back in reality, the answer is a resounding no.

Do people give a toss about homecoming queen, whatever it is?
Most kids in high school don’t even care about homecoming queen, at least that was the case when/where I went to high school. There was always a small number of certain girls who of course would, for obvious reasons, but beyond that no one cared.
Very confused as to why any adult would care. Though I suppose if your daughter won you’d be obliged to congratulate her as if it were some sort of meaningful accomplishment.

In a very unhealthy 1950s image of what suburban life is supposed to look like, the homecoming queen is supposed to represent the quintessential girl in the way that the captain of the football team is supposed to represent the quintessential boy. So if your picket fence image of reality needs to portray those two tropes falling in love and getting married, then the homecoming queen being trans is a complete disaster.

For everyone back in reality, the answer is a resounding no.
Wait until the quarterback is trans...

Aren’t the homecoming King & Queen decided on by the student body? If so, I think we have another good example of how out of touch the right is with a younger demographic.

Aren’t the homecoming King & Queen decided on by the student body? If so, I think we have another good example of how out of touch the right is with a younger demographic.

Yea @TexRex made that point - that this isn't some liberal conspiracy telling kids anything, it's kids telling these pearl clutchers something.

Last edited:
1695164835590.png

15-minute-cities.jpg

You know it's true because all cities that require long drives or even longer transit trips to get to destinations already don't let you leave.

Last edited:
15-minute-cities.jpg

You know it's true because all cities that require long drives or even longer transit trips to get to destinations already don't let you leave.
I don't know where you find these, man...

Also:

Last edited:
It still baffles me how people don't know Puerto Rico is a part of the US.
C'mon, they don't even look like Americans! /s

In seriousness it's hard to expect more from someone whose geography education is so advanced he can't tell a Cuban flag from a PR one despite a #soscuba tag being displayed prominently on the sticker. Naturally, instead of apologising when corrected, he eagerly doubles down:

Screenshot_20230921_044159_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
C'mon, they don't even look like Americans! /s

In seriousness it's hard to expect more from someone whose geography education is so advanced he can't tell a Cuban flag from a PR one despite a #soscuba tag being displayed prominently on the sticker. Naturally, instead of apologising when corrected, he eagerly doubles down:

View attachment 1288824
Good thing no Cubans live in Florida so this won't affect his business.

I'd say that this is pretty cursed political stuff, if it's for real.

a4oBEmd_460s.jpg

Kinda poops all over the innocent until proven guilty thingy.

I'm know Brand only because of his face and some snippets here and there, so judging by the content here on GTP I'm sort of lucky. If he's guilty hang him by his nuts, but for now, this is somewhat disturbing behaviour from an MP.

Kinda poops all over the innocent until proven guilty thingy.
No. It would be if they were advocating for Brand's arrest. Then it would be pooping all over innocent until proven guilty. You don't need to be guilty of a crime to be demonetized. Your recourse in that case is a contract specifying the conditions under which you can be demonetized. If Brand's agreement with Rumble specifies the conditions under which they can demonetize him, they can demonetize him under those conditions for whatever reason - presumably including damage to the Rumble trademark for associating with someone that people don't like.

This statement (I gather from a government official) needs to go farther than suggesting that Brand might be a good person to demonetize to infringe on Brand's rights. If the UK government tells Rumble they must demonetize Brand, that's an infringement of Rumble's freedom of contract.

Edit:

For what it's worth, I agree with your sentiment that this letter was a bad idea.

Last edited:
Back