Dictionary of Stupid Censored Words

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 198 comments
United Kingdom
Great Britain
golfer199
We have all encountered the censored words in GT5 online and while some are legitimate such as **** and *******, others are not quite so good with words such as "Bacon" and "Engine" and while this is annoying it does provide quite a few laughs as some words are allowed so post any words that you feel shouldn't be censored in game but are. Also, embolden the part that results in the censor if you know it and the country that results in its censor.

Hopefully the list would also help if PD ever decided to change the coding so that words were censored only in the country where it applies or so that when the start/end of the word is added on, the game removes the censor.

Dictionary

Bacon
Blogspot
Competition
Disconnect(ed)
Engine
Fagnes
Falcon
Gey
Grapes
HappyFunTime
Homo
Idiot
Jude
Kart
LSD
Math
Mick
Murray Walker
Pajero
Pista
Pitted
Privet
Sausage
Simon
Tsukuba
Zdarova
ZO6

Last edited:
In my GT5 profile, I provided the URL to my Gran Turismo blog. However, part of it is blocked out because "gspot" is in it. JGTS is a Blogger/Blogspot blog. So this is how it reads thanks to the censor:

"johnsgtspace.blo*****.com"

This censor is fairly understandable. There has to be SOME form of leeway for some words and terms, though.

Reason for them two is the words Con & Gin

Pretty sure you can say "gin." If I remember my testing correctly, what you can't say is "engin" for whatever reason. You can say "Injun" I believe so maybe they're just bad slang spellers? That or it's something non-english like a lot of them.

"Con" is right though, you can't use it. "Disconnect" for example is censored.

I think there were a lot of examples provided in the big earlier thread, but I don't think a helpful proper list has been compiled.

I'll add the obvious "LSD."

I believe it has been established that it is not the same as the PSN filter? EDIT: A quick check of an old chat shows that these words do get blocked, but in a more intelligible way, i.e. "dis*****ct." Being able to say "my *****e is damaged" would still be a big improvement, as would simply being able to turn off your filtered display like in any sensible game chat.

Last edited:
I don't see why they bother anyway. People get around the filter easy enough. To add to the list "pitted" can't be used.

The phrase "HappyFunTime" was blocked from being used as a room name last time I tried. Pretty unneeded.

I love word censoring.
When I played WoW and chatted in my native language (on an English speaking server) one word in particular would always be filtered. Of course the filter could be removed, but after every update it reset again.

"you can" is in Dutch "je kunt" (or "je kan" which is no problem).

'kunt' would, for obvious reasons, be filtered.

Privet is Russian for Hello.
Zdarova is Russian for Hello, but only used between males.
Both get censored for no reason that I could think of.

A global word filter makes about as much sense as the car buying animation or repetitive songs that play when in UCD, OCD, tuning shop, or GT Auto, when all you want to do is listen to the menu BGM play!

I love word censoring.
When I played WoW and chatted in my native language (on an English speaking server) one word in particular would always be filtered. Of course the filter could be removed, but after every update it reset again.

"you can" is in Dutch "je kunt" (or "je kan" which is no problem).

'kunt' would, for obvious reasons, be filtered.

k=c

how ever, kut is a nice and good word.

Lol ya I hate that filter. I don't mind having actual swears blocks, but it sucks when you may have one "swear" (they consider) and it blocks the entire sentence. As if it didn't take long enough to type things out now you have to re type it and guess which normal word they decided to censor.

I heard Jew, god, and various religion words were blocked as well.

I use this word too much in a fury forgetting it's censored and it really does my head in: disconnected !!!

I hate this swear filter.

Also, I wish I knew why DLR was banned. The ones you actually want to read about never show up in the ban log.

White & Nerdy
Also, I wish I knew why DLR was banned. The ones you actually want to read about never show up in the ban log.
We'll never know. But based off his attitude, it's not hard to guess why he was banned.

And the OP should copy the list of words from the other thread and paste them into here.

I will make sure this stays updated as long as it can be. I'll have to leave it to tomorrow (GMT) since I am watching Suits at the moment and have to order my new Dr Dre Beats.

Lol ya I hate that filter. I don't mind having actual swears blocks, but it sucks when you may have one "swear" (they consider) and it blocks the entire sentence. As if it didn't take long enough to type things out now you have to re type it and guess which normal word they decided to censor.

I heard Jew, god, and various religion words were blocked as well.

It is a dumb way to do it, more so since the Sony filter it may be based on doesn't do that.

Jew is not censored.

Back