Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance! (Garage)///Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 06!

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 448 comments
Just found your garage through the link in your sig. I'll be trying out some of your tunes soon and providing feedback. Is there any 1 car in particular that you'd like feedback for to begin with?
Hmm, maybe the S2000, haven't got any feedback yet. But it doesn't really matter.

But thanks in advance.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07 Online OK!

You need all tuning parts!

GT-Shop:
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but recommended.

Aerodynamic
Front: 0
Rear: 8

Ballast
kg: 0
Position: 0

Transmission for Tsukuba
Top Speed: 168mph/270kph (160mph/257kph)
1st: 2.956
2nd: 2.251
3rd: 1.769
4th: 1.417
5th: 1.171
6th: 0.989
Final: 4.062
(1. default, 2. max. speed, 3. single gear ratios, 4. final gear)
When you want to change top speed, just adjust the final gear, otherwise the single gear ratios would be lost.

LSD
- Initial Torque: 5/7
- Acceleration: 33/42
- Braking: 5/10

Torque Sensing Differential
- Torque Split: 25/75 *

Suspension
- Ride Height: -21/-20
- Spring Rate: 13.8/5.1
- Dampers (Extension): 7/4
- Dampers (Compression): 4/6
- Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6

- Camber angle: 2.3/1.6
- Toe Angle: +0.06/-0.40

Brakes
- Brake Balance 6/7(or 8)

Tires
- Race Soft

Important Notes
- cJ10 requested it (for online use)
- if you really don't like the behavior of the car at corner exit, try 30/70 (a bit more understeer, but pulles very smooth out of the curves) *
- Tsukuba times: high 52.xxx (online)

Last edited:
With the evo the the car is impossible to drive online yhe car doez not brake well and the car tend to oversteer. With some throttle the car will go straight into the wall

With the evo the the car is impossible to drive online yhe car doez not brake well and the car tend to oversteer. With some throttle the car will go straight into the wall
I've never driven it online. All my tunes are done offline. :ouch:
I'll do a few laps online with it.

'06 S2000 Review- tested offline at GVS.
This is an easy to drive car. It has very responsive handling and a decent amount of power but not so much that its a handful. Corner entry is spot-on and it can hold a line throughout the turn with good acceleration upon exiting the corner. My only complaint is the lack of topend speed but that is a limitation of the car itself and not a problem with the tune. Overall a good tune and a fun to drive car.👍

'06 S2000 Review- tested offline at GVS.
This is an easy to drive car. It has very responsive handling and a decent amount of power but not so much that its a handful. Corner entry is spot-on and it can hold a line throughout the turn with good acceleration upon exiting the corner. My only complaint is the lack of topend speed but that is a limitation of the car itself and not a problem with the tune. Overall a good tune and a fun to drive car.👍
Thanks!
Glad you like it. :)

Hey Doc are you going to enter a Roadster in the current shootout?
Would love to see another one of your tunes there!👍👍

Hey Doc are you going to enter a Roadster in the current shootout?
Would love to see another one of your tunes there!👍👍
In my eyes the only true roadster is the Mazda Roadster TC. :drool::bowdown:
But it makes me so sad that it isn't possible to use the new TC cars. :(

Nah! I don't think so!
I'm sorry!

Last edited:
I my eyes the only true roadster is the Mazda Roadster TC. :drool::bowdown:
But it makes me so sad that it isn't possible to use the new TC cars. :(

Nah! I don't think so!
I'm sorry!
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us for this one.:grumpy:

Hopefully you'll be up for the "Tons of Fun" shootout I'll be kicking off in a few weeks.:D

Happy motoring Doc!:cheers:

Sounds interesting. Crash derby? :dunce:
Little something different I've cooked up.
Cars will accumulate points in several different categories with one of them being weight so the heavier cars get more points. The cars will have to weigh at least 1.5 tons and will be doing timed laps on both London and Monza (no chicane).:crazy::D
I'll be posting the shootout thread sometime during the last week of the current Roadster shootout.

on another site you stated your best time at Spa for stealth nsx was around 2:09. Will we be seeing this tune anytime soon?

on another site you stated your best time at Spa for stealth nsx was around 2:09. Will we be seeing this tune anytime soon?
2:07.4 was my best time after 3 attempts with 590hp limit and tire wear on. And it was a regular NSX, I don't have the stealth models.

The tune?
- Stock suspension
- lower lsd values
- max downforce
- lower final gear

Well, the only AWD cars I tuned for drag are the GT-R and Veyron. The Veyron is extremely strange/special and I'm not sure if my GT-R suspension is that good. It's set for max. grip, but I heard it would be better to make it a bit slippy. I tried a couple tunes with less grip and longer first gear, but it wasn't faster. Maybe I just don't see it or a grip setup is better for the GT-R. I'm not sure......

(Yes, the Enzo suspension is very basic. I'm using a quite different one on my fast Enzo tune.)

Wats the best enzo full suspention I wanna tune the enzo trnsmition by my self, really wanna learn, kinda ignore the tune above.. I have no clue about suspention danmper, spring rate ect. All that im clueless about..... Any help...

please tell me what to do with my minolta (that car just doesn't like me :(
oh & my mclaren f1 94'
It doesn't like you? Could you explain why?
Oversteer? At corner exit?

Wats the best enzo full suspention I wanna tune the enzo trnsmition by my self, really wanna learn, kinda ignore the tune above.. I have no clue about suspention danmper, spring rate ect. All that im clueless about..... Any help...
Sorry! Missed it!
Indy or SSR7? I guess Indy....
For Indy you want as much traction as possible, topspeed doesn't really matter.

Front low, rear high increases traction. Extreme numbers work fine. So you should lower the front and raise the rear all the way.

Spring rates: Hmm, like I said, topspeed doesn't matter. That's why you could use very soft front springs to have the front even lower. But a soft spring also lets the suspension move more and that could cause shift lag or similar. Stiff or weak, depends on the car. I'm not sure, but I would say stiff is best for Enzo. Test it!

Dampers is not that easy. Very common is the mind that they should be set for max weight transfer. Might be true for real and other GT parts, but in GT5 it doesn't seem to work. You should notice that dampers could also have an effect on how big the shift lag is. Extreme numbers, especially for rear compression could make traction/topspeed noticeable worse, when it avoids that the suspension works correctly with making it too slow/hard.

Bars don't really influence the traction level, but be careful! Cars with stiff bars move less, hold the line better and as a result the car will be more efficient. Now, theoretically too strong bars could decrease traction, which also depends on how high your spring and damper values are. Another thing for SSR7 tuners: Indy is just a straight, but tunnel has a turn in it (O_o). Trial and error!

Toe........is mainly an Indy thing. In tunnel it really slows you down. For Indy you can use it, of course. I wouldn't set it too high, start with 0.00 and increase it by a bit again and again till it looks fine.

Oh! I forgot camber!
Usually 0.0!

Last edited:
MCLAREN F1 '94

(Can you handle it?) Sure?

GT-Shop:
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but I recommend it.
Front Aero
Extension
Rear Wing
Rims

Aerodynamic
Front: 20
Rear: 65

Ballast
kg : 0
Position : 0

Transmission
Top Speed: 149mph/240kph (274mph/441kph)
1st: 2.986
2nd: 2.366
3rd: 1.888
4th: 1.526
5th: 1.245
6th: 1.045
Final: 2.600
(1. default, 2. final gear max. (5.000), 3. max. speed (149mph/240km/h), 4. single gear ratios, 5. final gear 2.600)

LSD
- Initial Torque : 11
- Acceleration : 16
- Braking : 15

Suspension
- Ride Height : -19/-20
- Spring Rate : 16.1/16.9
- Dampers (Extension) : 8/7
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/6
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/5

- Camber angle : 2.0/1.4
- Toe Angle : -0.03/+0.18

Brakes
- Brake Balance 6/5

Tires
- Race Soft

Important Notes
.........:crazy:

Last edited:
dr_slump
It doesn't like you? Could you explain why?
Oversteer? At corner exit?

Sorry! Missed it!

Front low, rear high increases traction. Extreme numbers work fine. So you should lower the front and raise the rear all the way.

Spring rates: Hmm, like I said, topspeed doesn't matter. That's why you could use very soft front springs to have the front even lower. But a soft spring also lets the suspension move more and that could cause shift lag or similar. Stiff or weak, depends on the car. I'm not sure, but I would say stiff is best for Enzo. Test it!

Dampers is not that easy. Very common is the mind that they should be set for max weight transfer. Might be true for real and other GT parts, but in GT5 it doesn't seem to work. You should notice that dampers could also have an effect on how big the shift lag is. Extreme numbers, especially for rear compression could make traction/topspeed noticeable worse, when it avoids that the suspension works correctly with making it too slow/hard.

Bars don't really influence the traction level, but be careful! Cars with stiff bars move less, hold the line better and as a result the car will be more efficient. Now, theoretically too strong bars could decrease traction, which also depends on how high your spring and damper values are. Another thing for SSR7 tuners: Indy is just a straight, but tunnel has a turn in it (O_o). Trial and error!

Toe........is mainly an Indy thing. In tunnel it really slows you down. For Indy you can use it, of course. I wouldn't set it too high, start with 0.00 and increase it by a bit again and again till it looks fine.

Oh! I forgot camber!
Usually 0.0!

Sorry I mean tunnel drag...

MCLAREN F1 '94

(Can you handle it?) Sure?

GT-Shop:
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but I recommend it.
Front Aero
Extension
Rear Wing
Rims

Aerodynamic
Front: 20
Rear: 65

Ballast
kg : 0
Position : 0

Transmission
Top Speed: 149mph/240kph (274mph/441kph)
1st: 2.986
2nd: 2.366
3rd: 1.888
4th: 1.526
5th: 1.245
6th: 1.045
Final: 2.600
(1. default, 2. max. speed, 3. single gear ratios, 4. final gear)

LSD
- Initial Torque : 11
- Acceleration : 16
- Braking : 15

Suspension
- Ride Height : -19/-20
- Spring Rate : 16.1/16.9
- Dampers (Extension) : 8/7
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/6
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/5

- Camber angle : 2.0/1.4
- Toe Angle : -0.03/+0.18

Brakes
- Brake Balance 6/5

Tires
- Race Soft

Important Notes
.........:crazy:
----
-------------
-------------
thanks buddy but somehow my mclaren f1's tranny settings don't have those amounts

----
-------------
-------------
thanks buddy but somehow my mclaren f1's tranny settings don't have those amounts
Is it fully modded?

If yes => You must set it in the correct order: 1. (reset to) default, 2. final gear max. (5.000), 3. max. speed (149mph/240km/h), 4. single gear ratios, 5. final gear (2.600)

I forgot to mention step 2, sorry!

ft-86 g-sports isnt here, its an epic drifter, i have the wrong setup but my god its fun. Ill post my best setup soon.
What? Drifter? Why drifter? :confused:
You want a tune of what....... or did you post into the wrong thread?

Last edited:
Sorry I mean tunnel drag...
I remember.....have seen you once or twice.......
:ouch:
-------------------
Sorry! Missed it!
For tunnel you want the best compromise of launch, accel and topspeed.

Same for tunnel + the higher the front and the lower the rear, the better the topspeed. Especially with high downforce cars (ACR as example).
=>
max. Grip: min / max
max. Speed: max / min
Note that the rear ride height is more important than front height.

You usually start with the max grip one. Now, if you want to improve topspeed, you first change the front value, because it's less important for the grip level than the rear number. Only when front is at max., you begin to lower the rear.
min/max -- higher/max -- max/max......?.....max/lower -- max/min

Rear too low is usually a bad idea, but depends on the car.

Spring rates: Hmm, like I said, topspeed doesn't matter. That's why you could use very soft front springs to have the front even lower. NO! The height will always be the same, doesn't matter if you use stiff or weak springs! But a soft spring also lets the suspension move more and that could cause shift lag or that your car tends to bog (yes it has an effect, but it's hardly noticeable). Stiff or weak, depends on the car. I'm not sure, but I would say stiff is best for Enzo. Test it!
Basically the same.
But especially cars with wings profitate from a certain method:

- The front is very stiff, the rear very soft. The car has front downforce 10 and rear downforce 20. How can you improve topspeed without changing ride height?

Answer: The weight causes "downforce", but is a constant. The aerodynamic (wings) produce downforce too, but increasingly the faster you go.

If you set the springs like given (stiff front, soft rear), the rear will be a bit lower, but doesn't worsen the launch too bad. Now what happens at highspeed? The total downforce will get bigger and bigger and with it the difference between the compression status of the front and rear. So why that?
The front springs are still strong enough to hold the weight and big downforce up, but the rear, with the weaker springs, can't.

Advantage: High rear at the start for good launch, low rear at highspeed for good top end.
---
Now, you should know that doesn't work for every car, let's say for the most non downforce cars. And don't forget what I said in the quote.

Dampers is not that easy. Very common is the mind that they should be set for max weight transfer. Might be true for real and other GT parts, but in GT5 it doesn't seem to work. You should notice that dampers could also have an effect on how big the shift lag is or the tendency to bog (again, hardly noticeable, ignore it). Extreme numbers, especially for rear compression could make traction/topspeed noticeable worse, when it avoids that the suspension works correctly with making it too slow/hard.
Hmm, the same. Maybe you could use it to support the spring thing with it, but yeah......... try it.

Correct for SSR7 too. And the mighty turn in the tunnel...... the only thing Indy doesn't have. Test it!

Also correct for SSR7, but toe makes you slow! Topspeed is important for tunnel drag, toe decreases it, so we don't really like it. But a very small number could work at least. Wouldn't set it too high.

Oh! I forgot camber!
Usually 0.0!
True! But not always.
But yeah, you can complain about the front camber for RWD cars and vise versa.....

---

Additional notes:
- Some cars get a "boost" with wing
- Some cars need a very dumb setting for a "boost" or similar
- Why no Sambabus? :(
- Hey! It's night......
- Pencils > Crayons
- I thought Tokyo had better graphics.....
- Tame the animals.....and don't get infected.....
- Haters gonna hate but not me
- Join the right lobbies
- WOAAAAAHHH!!! STAR WARS! Oh damn! Just snow....... 'disappointed'
- Hey! Let's go by ghost! ---> Noooo :scared:! Ghosts frighten me!.......
- Hmm, how the sunrise may look........ 'waiting'.........
- Why SSR7 is better than Indy: Well, let's say tha..........
- DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!
- Why is 7 afraid of 8? Because 789!
- more BS I just don't remember
- etc.

:cheers::gtpflag:(that was a bit too much)

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

EDIT 2: This is the original text: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235213

Last edited:
Is it fully modded?

If yes => You must set it in the correct order: 1. (reset to) default, 2. final gear max. (5.000), 3. max. speed (149mph/240km/h), 4. single gear ratios, 5. final gear (2.600)

I forgot to mention step 2, sorry!

What? Drifter? Why drifter? :confused:
You want a tune of what....... or did you post into the wrong thread?

oh balls yea wrong thing but now you mention it

Great job on Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 /
& (GT Academy Version) tune. I got a great time on my first race and I still need to upgrade the motor.

Thanks.I'm not a great driver but I managed to post 54.6 sec lap on the on the track where they have that elise seasonal challenge(can't remember name).696 hp not broken in yet.

Great job on Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 /
& (GT Academy Version) tune. I got a great time on my first race and I still need to upgrade the motor.

Thanks.I'm not a great driver but I managed to post 54.6 sec lap on the on the track where they have that elise seasonal challenge(can't remember name).696 hp not broken in yet.
Glad you like it. :cheers:

Hey Doc wanted to give you a personal invitation to my Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo Year End Blowout.
Should be a great event and would love to see you with an entry in it.👍👍

Back