EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,884 comments
1.3 patch notes are here.

Appears to be an AI fix in there. 🥳

Fingers crossed for a steady 60fps and no screentearing. ( PS5 )

No mention in the patch of losing setup issue, honestly with a bit more time to get used to the game that and the inconsistent AI is what bothers me at the moment....

No mention in the patch of losing setup issue, honestly with a bit more time to get used to the game that and the inconsistent AI is what bothers me at the moment....
PJ said on the Discord server that the setup issue is now being actively investigated. The AI fix in this patch might fix the inconsistent AI if that is what was causing it.

Has it been confirmed that this is the ai fix we're waiting for? It's off putting currently.

Interested in seeing what this patch does, it's certainly come quickly. In truth I'm not sure the first one fixed that much do hopefully this one will.

Nothing has been confirmed as to whether this is fixing the issue causing the slow AI issue.
Looking at the patchlist I gues it isnt unfortunately.

I've now read quite a few times here that the dusttrail is such a great thing in this game, but I've been driving some Pikes Peak in Dirt Rally 1 and the dust clouds are also massive there.

Engine sounds are great too. And to be honest I dont think it looks much worse than
EA WRC. Bought it a few years ago for cheap just for Pikes Peak but never got around to it untill now (since I'm waiting on the AI to be patched in EA WRC..).

Looking at the patchlist I gues it isnt unfortunately.

We won’t know until Codemasters say for sure or we play it tomorrow. If there was an issue with the AI being caused by excessive damage or what not then that could have been causing the issue.

It might also not have been and be a completely separate issue but we’ll find out tomorrow I guess.

Requesting option to turn off the commentary and crew chief. Already getting old and yes I’m hitting the skip button. Little things can make long term play more tolerable.

Also, I’ve never heard ‘plethora’ pronounced ple-THOR-a until this game. And yes, I did my research and there’s no difference in the UK pronunciation according to Cambridge University. Heck even Mel Gibson would agree.

I'm Northern UK, as is the voice actor and I say ple-THOR-a.

Finally got round to recording some videos courtesy of an external HDD. Xbox Series X gameplay on controller, Citroen C4 on Portugal.

Last edited:
I just had quite a good custom rally there, Sweden in the Megane Maxi, fighting for a podium and just getting it on the final stage. The AI was still a bit funny - very tough on the first stage, then from there on top three pretty much every stage and made up time. There was one moment where I suddenly popped up 17 seconds in front and I thought “oh here comes the easy win” but it didn’t so maybe the bug doesn’t apply to custom events which is nice to know. At its best there I was revising my earlier opinion that the stages never come alive especially when it started chucking it down mid stage. At its best, it was brilliant.

At its worst though, the stuttering, tearing etc were bloody horrible. It seems like some countries are fine and some are a mess. Sweden, not great. Especially when you go off track. I’ll see what this patch does tomorrow - if it doesn’t sort this out, I’m very tempted to ditch the PS5 version in favour of XSX. It’s a shame because I love the PS5 controller which was essentially the thing that swayed me in that direction, but some of the technical issues are really frustrating. I got a taste of what this game could be for me tonight and loved it, but then was pulled back to reality when it started playing up.

I realised that the blur "accessibility" option had switched on again somehow, after fumbling through the rain on a Moment, so I switched it back off and can now see the road again... Irritating that it is switched on by default frankly.

Didn't see Monte Carlo on the list though, which had a stage that was really bad for me. I really want to buy it, but only once the performance is fixed.

WRC G doesn't drop a single frame. Also on WRC G, was Molly Pettit the female co-driver voice?

I really don't feel an improvement in the tarmac handling. It is different, but more of a side step to me rather than a step forward. I do like that it has much more grip and the FFB makes it easier to understand than before. However, there is this bizarre snapping that occurs when traction is gained and lost during acceleration which does not seem intuitive at all. It's just plain weird. Other than that, overall I do enjoy tarmac whereas in the DiRT Rallies I despised driving on hard surfaces.
I did my first tarmac rally last night and it feels pretty awful using a gamepad. It's a shame because the gravel/dirt handling feels so good on a gamepad.

Also, I’ve never heard ‘plethora’ pronounced ple-THOR-a until this game. And yes, I did my research and there’s no difference in the UK pronunciation according to Cambridge University. Heck even Mel Gibson would agree.

This is how I pronounce it, it may be a regional thing.

Yeah it's a real shame Monte isn't mentioned because it's still crashing on exactly the same spots for me.
If you have a link to the EA thread I can try and escalate it, but hopefully the other fixes for today have a positive side effect of fixing Monte.

Last edited:
If you have a link to the EA thread I can try and escalate it, but hopefully the other fixes for today have a positive side effect of fixing Monte.

Ground Cover set to HIGH instead of Ultra seems to fix it, according to some users on Discord.
But with Ultra, the game still crashes.

Will try this on my own system later today.

Last edited:
Started a new career and I've been playing through the first FWD H1 manufacturer event in Indonesia. Game does seem to be running very well, but no improvement in the AI at all from what I can see, times still drop off massively after a few stages.

Started a new career and I've been playing through the first FWD H1 manufacturer event in Indonesia. Game does seem to be running very well, but no improvement in the AI at all from what I can see, times still drop off massively after a few stages.

That’s disappointing to hear. Next patch won’t be before the 18th December at the earliest. Sad that career mode will still be pretty much useless until then.

Erm... in addition the split notification at the end of career stages now appears to be broken after the update and is stuck on +0:00.000.

Last edited:
Erm... in addition the split notification at the end of career stages now appears to be broken after the update and is stuck on +0:00.000.
Is that all the time, or only when you're first on the road (in class), so there aren't any other times to compare yours against?

Is that all the time, or only when you're first on the road (in class), so there aren't any other times to compare yours against?
It shows me a class leader while racing so they must have raced first.

Bummer, but I allready expected it going by the patch notes.

I played a few stages in Greece and didnt notice any screen tearing so thats a good sign (PS5), also there was less noticeable popin while in replay camera's. So at least some good changes as far as I can tell.

Btw does anyone know if (and how) it is possible to change the setup of the car in Moments after you've started the event? If I restart, or quit to main menu and start again I'm thrown into the car immediately.

Btw does anyone know if (and how) it is possible to change the setup of the car in Moments after you've started the event? If I restart, or quit to main menu and start again I'm thrown into the car immediately.
I think you have to abandon your progress in the Moment. On the Moments select screen the one you are currently doing shows up on the left and I think there's a way to "leave" the Moment there somewhere.

Back