EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
Crikey, flashbacks, couldn’t even tell you what the last rally game to have those in was.
Forza Horizon 5 DLC :lol:

In seriousness however it doesn't bother me to have flashbacks in a car so long as the option to disable them across the board for online competition is there. It should be up to the club organiser. A number of people were asking for restarts in the league thread. Just so long as everyone is on a level playing field I don't mind either way. Enough gatekeeping.

Last edited:
I don’t think the years are confirmed yet, just that the 3 counties will share if they get the event and funding.

Selfishly I’m hoping Limerick is 2025 because that gives me a good excuse to fly home (also so that I can badger Codies to put my old house in as an Easter egg 😄).

Didn't realise I was dealing with a Limerick man 😂 Some nice mountainy roads around the south like Kilfinane sort of way that could be cool, all depends where they stage it.
As far as I'm aware though they made it sound like Waterford is definitely lined up to be first.
And you're right it's all the case of IF the government play ball, and I can only imagine the level of red tape they'll have to contort around to get any sort of funding from them. Be a real shame now though they've come so far.

Didn't realise I was dealing with a Limerick man 😂 Some nice mountainy roads around the south like Kilfinane sort of way that could be cool, all depends where they stage it.
As far as I'm aware though they made it sound like Waterford is definitely lined up to be first.
And you're right it's all the case of IF the government play ball, and I can only imagine the level of red tape they'll have to contort around to get any sort of funding from them. Be a real shame now though they've come so far.
As long as motorsport Ireland aren’t overinflated their numbers, €300m return on a €15m investment over 3 years should be a no brainer for the government.

Do I need to continue to own EA Play for extra moments or were those extra EA Play moments only in the first season? I'm not seeing any EA play ones this season and i'm only subbed to it for the extra WRC content.
I believe I am still subbed to it but I cant remember coming across any moments with the EA Play logo like before. In the last season there were loads. For the sake of £3.99 I guess it's easier just to leave it.
I don't have a Play sub and having just booted up my console I can confirm the following season 2 moments are locked behind an EA paywall for me:

2) Recovery Drive
13) Consistency is Key
21) Staying Focused
29) Penalty for Pajari

Last edited:
Monte Carlos 2024 route has been revealed. Keep an eye on SS3 and SS17 as they’re the stages recreated in the game. SS3 being the one that starts in the town with the clock tower and SS17 is the classic run up the Col de Turini.

Crikey, flashbacks, couldn’t even tell you what the last rally game to have those in was.

I think they’d be disabled in clubs and time trials anyway as games like F1 that do feature them ‘dirty’ any time that is gained with a flashback.
DiRT4 (and 5 if considered as a rally game)

I don't have a Play sub and having just booted up my console I can confirm the following season 2 moments are locked behind an EA paywall for me:

2) Recovery Drive
13) Consistency is Key
21) Staying Focused
29) Penalty for Pajari
Yup, I just logged on to start finishing up some season 1 moments I hadn't done and yeah I saw the little EA Play logo's on some of the moments. Must have been me but it felt like season 1 made it even more obvious. (Still shouldn't have missed those red lines and logo though) 🧐

1704922416244.png

As long as motorsport Ireland aren’t overinflated their numbers, €300m return on a €15m investment over 3 years should be a no brainer for the government.

Yeah I read those figures too.
If I had 15m to spare myself I'd give it to them 😂
Not many investments in life give you a 2000% return in 3 years...
Definitely made up. But in the tourism boost alone, 15m is a splash in the bucket compared to the boost to the economy from it so I'll be stumped if they don't approve it.

Yeah I read those figures too.
If I had 15m to spare myself I'd give it to them 😂
Not many investments in life give you a 2000% return in 3 years...
Definitely made up. But in the tourism boost alone, 15m is a splash in the bucket compared to the boost to the economy from it so I'll be stumped if they don't approve it.
Croatia proved what it could do, I cant remember if it was 2022 or 2023 but the tourism etc earned €105m from the WRC. So it can be done. You’re right though, it isn’t much in the grand scheme of things and it would immensely popular globally, not just in Ireland.

I don't see that as a good sign personally, in terms of sales figures and the future of the series. I always think its a bad sign if a new game goes on sale so early.
Not unprecedented in games that have launch issues. Cyberpunk 2077 hit low prices very quickly as well.

I foresee it hitting EA Play in the not too distant future.

It really annoys me how the smallest error can completely ruin your rally. After the second last stage of Rally Sweden in the WRC2 Citroen, I was sitting 6th in the overall standings with a shot to improve my position to 4th or 3rd if I was really lucky. The last stage started off quite well and I had a good run going, right until the point where I hit an immovable street sign. That stuffed my engine, resulting in a loss of power so when I crossed the line, I ended up a lot further behind than I would've like and dropped outside the top 10 to 11th in the overall classification. I left the event with nothing to show for it. What a massive disappointment.
Welcome to rallying!

What you've just described is exactly what makes rally so great. Risk vs. reward 👌

Last edited:
Just finished my 5hr trial & got my rallying bug back after many many years...

Spent most of it in the time trials seeing how far away I was from the top spot, I ranged from the top 200 on some tracks to 20000 on others, but I still actually enjoyed the risk vs reward driving.

So my question to everyone is after looking at many reviews of past wrc games which one would you you guys recommend.

This EA-WRC, currently on sale £20 but has a few niggles as it's new but obviously still supported so hopefully will get ironed out, however unreal engine hmm (ACC)

WRCG, currently on sale £20, no longer supported, watched mixed reviews & hearing alot about this throttle bug?? Is this fixed?

WRC10, probably be on sale at some point or is already somewhere, no longer supported, again mixed reviews with a few saying they prefer it over generations.

WRC9, currently on sale £3.50 cdkeys, no longer supported, from the reviews I've watched some say it's the best overall package, multiple frame rate options (on next gen consoles) 2 player local split screen, lots of content.

Not including DR2.0 in this debate as I've got it because it's free via gamepass.

But looking online, watching review videos there's a big mix of people opinions from WRC8 up to EA-WRC as to which one stands out the most.

So what order would you guys put these WRC titles in?

This is more about immersion/excitement & overall package performance/content over new/old, audio/graphics, sim/arcade physics debate type of stuff.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think if you have EA WRC (yes it has some problems but they’ll be fixed reasonably soon) and DR2.0 on your HDD you’re covered. I spent quite a while a few weeks ago looking back at the KT games. Generations is great at times, but my massive problem with it is that they restrict what you can do with it so you simply can’t do half as much as you can with either Codemasters game (ie set up custom rallies/championships or use anything but the current WRC cars outside time trials) so compared to both, it’s got very limited longevity.

The third game I’d personally consider is Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo instead of any of the KT games. It’s on sale for like 4 quid regularly. It’s really shows its age but it has phenomenal real-life stages, a car list probably nearly on a par with EA WRC and loads of options. The slightly, I dunno, cartoonish visuals don’t come close to the newer games and the handling is an acquired taste, but personally I prefer it to anything KT did. It also has stuff that isn’t in the other games like some genuinely amazing tarmac rallies (San Remo, Alsace), the Celica GT-Four, cars with official liveries that aren’t in the others…it’s different enough and offers something distinct enough that with the two Codemasters games, it’s probably the only other one I’d still never delete.

Spent most of it in the time trials seeing how far away I was from the top spot, I ranged from the top 200 on some tracks to 20000 on others, but I still actually enjoyed the risk vs reward driving.

So my question to everyone is after looking at many reviews of past wrc games which one would you you guys recommend.

This EA-WRC, currently on sale £20 but has a few niggles as it's new but obviously still supported so hopefully will get ironed out, however unreal engine hmm (ACC)

WRCG, currently on sale £20, no longer supported, watched mixed reviews & hearing alot about this throttle bug?? Is this fixed?

WRC10, probably be on sale at some point or is already somewhere, no longer supported, again mixed reviews with a few saying they prefer it over generations.

WRC9, currently on sale £3.50 cdkeys, no longer supported, from the reviews I've watched some say it's the best overall package, multiple frame rate options (on next gen consoles) 2 player local split screen, lots of content.

Not including DR2.0 in this debate as I've got it because it's free via gamepass.

But looking online, watching review videos there's a big mix of people opinions from WRC8 up to EA-WRC as to which one stands out the most.

This is more about immersion/excitement & overall package performance/content over new/old, audio/graphics, sim/arcade physics debate type of stuff.
EAWRC, easily. Has the most content, I find it the most enjoyable, will be supported for a while to come yet and it’s only going to get better.

Last edited:
For me WRC G is the slicker game as it stands, I prefer its incredibly detailed stages (Which will be a treat if you haven't played a KT game in a while) but the car sounds let it down.
EA's game is a lot rougher and bland right now, but has better car sounds and longer stages.
If money isn't an issue, you could enjoy WRC G for a while and then jump into EA's game when it's in better shape.

I think DR2.0 and EAS WRC compliment each other quite well actually.
This is my feeling as well. I said I wouldn't fill my PS5 up with PS4 games, but I have made an exception for DR2.0 as I think it nicely complements EASWRC and I am enjoying flitting between the two.

EASWRC definitely isn't without flaw, but I hope it continues to improve and receives more content...

...that said, I can't see DR2.0 coming off my PS5 for some time (if ever), as a newer rallycross game seems very unlikely at present.

Immagine 2024-01-13 145544.jpg

Hey everyone, if you want the honor of having a World Record, you should try this combo (or H1 FWD), because it's completely empty :lol:

No need to thank me :sly::P

I was pretty pleased with myself to get a provisional first placing in the Dirty Dailies club stage today. :lol:

Shout out to those rocks ❤️

(Sorry about the terrible Bitrate, I don't know how to fix it)

Nice run, still top when I did mine just now. I made a few silly mistakes so am P50 currently. 26 seconds off you.

Those cars are mad in Mediterraneo, fun, but mad.

Last edited:

I've not tried Generations so can't comment, but I do have WRC10 and would only give it credit for stage design and stage visuals cos I find the physics very odd and floaty. The car graphics are good for modern cars but all the historic cars look like an afterthought, they all look wrong in varying degrees and handle awful. Also the audio on a lot of cars sound like a vacuum cleaner.
I'd fully recommend EA WRC, some bugs notwithstanding it just feels so right, specially coming from DR2.0

So, is career mode working correctly now? I've got an itch to pick this back up, but not if (a) the AI are wildly inconsistent or (b) my results at the end of the season are not correct and it affects my progression.

So, is career mode working correctly now? I've got an itch to pick this back up, but not if (a) the AI are wildly inconsistent or (b) my results at the end of the season are not correct and it affects my progression.
No, the hotfix for career crash and AI is dropping imminently, was slated for mid January so it’s not far off now.

Just experienced yet another kick in the teeth with this game...

Had a bit of free time after the aforementioned Dirty Daily (I had a 'mare) so I thought I'd start the official WRC club season. I was mindful of the realistic/hardcore damage for this season but even so, on the shakedown I picked up a puncture from a slight lovetap and I promptly did a bit more serious damage on the next turn. No biggie, I managed to repair the damage after the shakedown run (although it was quite alarming how much was done from a couple whacks, those Rally1 hybrids aren't the brutes from yesteryear).

What wasn't so nice was when I started the run properly, as the punctured tyre hadn't been replaced. Even worse was that I didn't even have a spare tyre to replace it for some reason, even though I always have one selected unless it's a single stage event. Almost like it was consumed to replace the punctured tyre but it didn't actually do so. :irked:

So faced with the prospect of covering 25+ miles at an icy Monte on 3 tyres, I effectively retired on the start line. What with the career bug and overly harsh "Irrecoverable's" I might well have had double the game time I currently have clocked up. :indiff:

Nice run, still top when I did mine just now. I made a few silly mistakes so am P50 currently. 26 seconds off you.

Those cars are mad in Mediterraneo, fun, but mad.
I'm in second now. Someone beat me by 8 seconds! Fair play😄 Would like to see that replay👏

I'm in second now. Someone beat me by 8 seconds! Fair play😄 Would like to see that replay👏
You can compare his run against yours if you go to the club page and click the blue arrow next to his entry.

Last edited:
You can compare his run against yours if you go to the club page and click the blue arrow next to his entry.
Yeah I looked at the analyse feature, It just showed him pulling away from me on the straights. I was running stock setup so maybe he sorted the ratios. Still tidier than me in some of the corners though. So still wouldn't have made a difference. :lol:

Back