EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
Yeah I looked at the analyse feature, It just showed him pulling away from me on the straights. I was running stock setup so maybe he sorted the ratios. Still tidier than me in some of the corners though. So still wouldn't have made a difference. :lol:
At least now you know what you're up against. It's tough at the top.

I'm in a bit of trouble at the moment. I have failed to meet two of the career mode objectives and the only one I could get is 5th place in the WRC2 championship. However, I would have to get 2 really strong results in the next two rallies to make it happen. There is a fair likelihood that I will come up short and get my funding will get cut for the next season. Do I throw in the towel right now and take the pain, or do I try to score that 5th place? I'm not confident that I can. Do I toss the Citroen out for something new or do I stick with it for next season? I am quite familiar with the car but I don't know if it's competitive enough. I like the Citroen a lot and I put a bit of effort into the livery so it'd be shame to let it go.

At least now you know what you're up against. It's tough at the top.
I didn't expect to be at the top though, Not in a partnered club with 4.5K members. I'll take my 3rd place happily. It seems Corsica is good to me, Compared to most others.

An extra 8 seconds to find is beyond my comprehension, I was on the ragged edge as it was 😄

Last edited:
can’t tell if the WRC Discord just went to pot overnight or if they’re planning an announcement, cool down time between messages has gone from 15 seconds to 5 minutes 😅.

can’t tell if the WRC Discord just went to pot overnight or if they’re planning an announcement, cool down time between messages has gone from 15 seconds to 5 minutes 😅.
I Think it’s cool down time , yesterday evening around 17:42h a dev in discord said this in response to an user asking about the awaited update.

tgk22 (TGK-Codemasters);
“Nothing more to share at the moment! Keep an eye out though, we'll be sharing more details when we're ready”

“The hotfix is being worked on non-stop”

After that, some people got mad… while the developers said before Christmas that they “were aiming” for launch mid January.

Some people taken this as a fact that the update would be released on 15 January.
People don’t have any patience, I personally prefer that it takes more time, but get launched and fixing the issues as intended..
otherwise, more people going to get mad for sure.

I Think it’s cool down time , yesterday evening around 17:42h a dev in discord said this in response to an user asking about the awaited update.

tgk22 (TGK-Codemasters);
“Nothing more to share at the moment! Keep an eye out though, we'll be sharing more details when we're ready”

“The hotfix is being worked on non-stop”

After that, some people got mad… while the developers said before Christmas that they “were aiming” for launch mid January.

Some people taken this as a fact that the update would be released on 15 January.
People don’t have any patience, I personally prefer that it takes more time, but get launched and fixing the issues as intended..
otherwise, more people going to get mad for sure.
Ta, I’d seen the dev post but didn’t realise how badly it went afterwards. PJ said they were aiming for it to be ready mid January, I’d take that as anything up to the 20th personally.

Surely better they take time and get it right than introduce more problems, personally I'd be worried if they hadn't learned that lesson from the last one.

One massive improvement with new game over dr2 I’ve not seen mentioned is vastly increased draw distances.

It makes such a difference being able to focus on road away in distance whilst peripheral vision takes care of immediate view.

Might be something special coming with an update?
2024 liveries for example...?
Very highly unlikely. Aside from mid January being a wider window than most give credit for, I do wonder if the hotfix has been implemented into a larger patch.

2024 stuff I wouldn’t expect to see until June July at the earliest if we get it via updates. But there’s absolutely nothing been said about that yet.

# EA SPORTS WRC v1.4.1 Patch Notes

The latest update for EA SPORTS WRC is available to download from Thursday 18, January at 11.00

This update addresses [the key issues discovered after the release of v1.4.0], preventing some players from resuming their Career Mode saves.

Our next regular update, v1.5.0, is currently in development and we will share more information and patch notes towards the end of Season 2.

## Crash Fixes
* Fixed an issue in which some players would experience a game crash when resuming Career.

## AI
* Fixed an issue in which AI performance would dramatically decrease when resuming an in-progress Career or Championship Event.

## Locations
  • Chile - Bio Bio - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Pulpería - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - María Las Cruces - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Las Pataguas - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Chivilingo - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.

## Performance
  • Addressed an issue on console that was causing additional screen tearing in frontend menus after the v1.4.0 update.
  • Addressed an issue on console that was causing additional screen tearing after excessive use of the pause menu.
  • Performance on console should now be similar to before v1.4.0. We will continue to investigate and address performance issues on console and PC in future updates.

Last edited:
# EA SPORTS WRC v1.4.1 Patch Notes

The latest update for EA SPORTS WRC is available to download from Thursday 18, January at 11.00

This update addresses [the key issues discovered after the release of v1.4.0], preventing some players from resuming their Career Mode saves.

Our next regular update, v1.5.0, is currently in development and we will share more information and patch notes towards the end of Season 2.

## Crash Fixes
* Fixed an issue in which some players would experience a game crash when resuming Career.

## AI
* Fixed an issue in which AI performance would dramatically decrease when resuming an in-progress Career or Championship Event.

## Locations
  • Chile - Bio Bio - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Pulpería - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - María Las Cruces - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Las Pataguas - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.
  • Chile - Chivilingo - Fixed an issue in which a penalty reset line was placed too close to a specific hairpin’s apex.

## Performance
  • Addressed an issue on console that was causing additional screen tearing in frontend menus after the v1.4.0 update.
  • Addressed an issue on console that was causing additional screen tearing after excessive use of the pause menu.
  • Performance on console should now be similar to before v1.4.0. We will continue to investigate and address performance issues on console and PC in future updates.
Well , that’s a surprise, they said they are working on it yesterday and today it’s there…

why they didn’t say, update incoming tomorrow 😂

Great news, hope it works as intended.
Thanks for sharing, seen the alert on discord, was going to share patch notes here.

## Performance
Hope this get rid of most of the screentearing and bad fps on PS5.
Only played 2-3 hours after the Christmas patch because of the terrible performance.

Nice. Gotta say for reasons of 1. HDD space, 2. Controller and 3. Created liveries, I’m really hoping with this update I can switch back to the PS5 version.

Some people shouldn’t post at all :)
And others shouldn’t get riled by it and contribute by rising to it.

Meaning me. Really need to practice not getting so wound up by it sometimes 😅. Reminder why I couldn’t do your job. I’d last 2 minutes before getting fired.

Still, looking forward to the fixes, can’t wait to dive back into career mode on the long setting and start, and now keep, getting pounded by the Ai.

Last edited:
The update only got approved for release on all platforms this afternoon.
Thanks mate, I said that laughing cause yesterday evening a dev in discord said they were working on it non stop.

Wich is great, and even if performance bothers me quite frankly in some of the game stages I know that the first one’s that want all working as intended are the devs, so I arm myself with patience and play other games while the fixes are being launched .

I also know that certification takes time, and differs in time between Sony & Microsoft, while in PC it’s easier, it’s great to see that the developers wait to get the certifications and launch a update on all platforms same day.

So great to see that they got the ok this afternoon and they can launch tomorrow.

Hopefully all goes well, as the UE engine is complicated with racing game, which will be great for us the players to enjoy the game a bit , and for a little “mental health break “ for the developers that got players and companies pushing them.

Happy racing all

Last edited:
Hopefully it’s a smooth update tomorrow and no further unexpected issues arise. Part of the reason it’s taken a few weeks has been the efforts to not have the career fix break more things.

Our regularly planned updates (the 1.x.0 ones) will come in the future. On top of content that gets mapped out months in advance I am hoping (and asking) for more performance improvements.

Last edited:
On PC performance is great and I have had a wonderful time with the game but even I really hope these Console performance issues are fixed. With the new season of WRC coming up it would be nice to have an air of excitement and positivity around the place:lol:

Hopefully it’s a smooth update tomorrow and no further unexpected issues arise. Part of the reason it’s taken a few weeks has been the efforts to not have the career fix break more things.

Our regularly planned updates (the 1.x.0 ones) will come in the future. On top of content that gets mapped out months in advance I am hoping (and asking) for more performance improvements.
Thanks PJ , you are a really helpful person between players and development team.
I also hope that the patch goes smoothly tomorrow and don’t wake up other issues.

So dev team can focus more on 1.5 update.

Sure that performance improvements will be very welcomed, if they can rid out the tearing in villages or stages like Japan it will make already a great difference on console (and on PC also i presume)

See you around

No screen tearing on PC. That's what making me hopeful for the console improvements as the PC side of things are in a good place at the moment.
Near as I can tell it's okay on one of the consoles so I hope they can fix the other one for those people that use it.

Just off to do another couple of moments and hope things are even better tomorrow.

Tearing is a console only issue (unless you have poor framerates on PC without v sync).

Stutter is a PC only issue (because consoles are a defined spec so all shaders are pre compiled in builds).
The only stutter is the shader compiling at the start of a stage you haven't run before isn't it? I've had no stuttering at all since after the update when we had to recompile the shaders the first time we entered all the stages. Or are some people still getting it in normal gameplay?

Last edited:
No screen tearing on PC. That's what making me hopeful for the console improvements as the PC side of things are in a good place at the moment.
Great to hear that on PC performance is on the good side now,and yes , indeed, that makes it hopeful towards console.

It’s known that UE is quite demanding, but performance wise, with dynamic resolution, ACC shows quite good performance and 60fps on next gen consoles with UE.
So it has to be possible to see similar performance results in EA wrc on consoles.

Let’s see what patch provides tomorrow and in the following ones respect performance.

@PJTierney , is there no way to add/enable Vsync on console version to get rid off the tearing? Or is it UE related?

Last edited:
Near as I can tell it's okay on one of the consoles so I hope they can fix the other one for those people that use it.

Just off to do another couple of moments and hope things are even better tomorrow.
Lets hope, I feel sorry for the people who still cant enjoy the game fully as it is a treat when all is well. I really hope it's an improvement tomorrow 🤞 There will be no stopping the game when everyone is happy with the performance, I'm sure of it.
Great to hear that on PC performance is on the good side now,and yes , indeed, that makes it hopeful towards console.

It’s known that UE is quite demanding, but performance wise, with dynamic resolution, ACC shows quite good performance and 60fps on next gen consoles with UE.
So it has to be possible to see similar performance results in EA wrc on consoles.

Let’s see what patch provides tomorrow and in the following ones respect performance.
It must be difficult working on a brand new engine for the first time, I'd always have faith in Codies though. Lets all hope tomorrow brings a nice improvement 👍

Last edited:
Lets hope, I feel sorry for the people who still cant enjoy the game fully as it is a treat when all is well. I really hope it's an improvement tomorrow 🤞 There will be no stopping the game when everyone is happy with the performance, I'm sure of it.

It must be difficult working on a brand new engine for the first time, I'd always have faith in Codies though. Lets all hope tomorrow brings a nice improvement 👍
Sure, switching from Their own EGO engine towards UE hasn’t to be easy at all , codemasters always brought me fun and good games, loved the toca series back in time , enjoyed some F1 editions and Colin McRae / dirt game.

Also , all games suffered bugs and issues, but codemasters always rid them out quite fast, so that’s my hope to see ending EA wrc in a good spot in a near future.

I also hope that they don’t have so much problems with UE as 505games with ACC on console, wich is good in performance but plagued with issues and bugs that seem difficult for them to resolve and iron out.

Back