EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
The Les Borels stage on Monte Carlo is the perfect hillclimb course. Not too long, more than enough runoff in case you make a mistake and nice scenery. Makes me wish we had something similar in Gran Turismo.

And others shouldn’t get riled by it and contribute by rising to it.

Meaning me. Really need to practice not getting so wound up by it sometimes 😅. Reminder why I couldn’t do your job. I’d last 2 minutes before getting fired.

Still, looking forward to the fixes, can’t wait to dive back into career mode on the long setting and start, and now keep, getting pounded by the Ai.
I think PJ handles himself well, just seen another couple of comments on the reddit which can't have been easy for him to read.

Ditto, I've held off career until this patch, looking forward to getting going.

Looking forward to trying the update out after work.
With the amount of time this update has taken it's making me hopeful that wrc isn't going to be an annual game like f1 of fifa.

I'd love to see the total sales for wrc and compare them to F1. WRC itself has a much smaller fan base, much more of a niche than F1 (unfortunately). But smaller sales from a smaller fan base probably won't outweigh the cost of development and they would have to make substantial differences to the game each year to keep people coming back. And with mostly the same stages and same few cars in WRC each iteration wouldn't be much different to the last. Surely it would be much more cost effective to have annual DLC for the seasons, adding other dlc and content/features as time goes on.

The game is more than updateable. After the game is properly optimized it surely will be possible to work on updating the lighting, shadows and reflections and improving the overall fidelity of the game too. Seems a lot of work to build a strong foundation to not expand on it and just start all over again with a new, marginally different game for next year.

So here's hoping that this is a an update for a foundation of a game that will be added to for the next few years and not just chucked in the bin with last year's Fifa come Autumn!

I think PJ handles himself well, just seen another couple of comments on the reddit which can't have been easy for him to read.

Ditto, I've held off career until this patch, looking forward to getting going.
Yeah totally agree, there's no way I could keep my cool like he does, I know he has to for the sake of his job but I'd still find that very hard. I get wound up for him 😬. Need to know when to stop myself sometimes getting involved in heated and hostile discussion.

Ran the GTP club rally in Finland and today's Dirty Daily and all seemed smooth.

Pop in is still immersion breaking at times on series S and graphics still looks worse than DR2 to me (based on Finland), though I'm not a graphics obsessive, so I can deal with that as long as the game itself is now sound.

Still some small tearing and some framedrops in some stages as the village in Iberia rally and others, but vastly improved, very playable at least ,now the have a good base to finetune the game.

Good patch, worth the waiting for it
It's the dust back in replays??

Keith Taylor
Soooooo... look who just walked through the door. Welcome back, stranger. I've got to say, Max and the crew were a bit worried when you disappeared halfway through the career. Next time you decide to take a few weeks' holiday, think about letting us know first, okay? The bad news is that the other teams have decided to get their act together and are starting to keep up with your time. It's not a walk in the park any more.
I tried to tell him career mode was kicking me out of the game for a month but he wasn't having it. I'm glad it's back though. Looks like my play time might be taking a sharp rise in the near future. Well done to the Codies team for fixing what seemed to be quite a thorny problem.

Last edited:
Reinstalled to see what's what with the new update, No screen tearing from the tracks I tried out, But I just get not one ounce of thrill from this game on PS5, Uninstalled, Putting this down as a complete waste of cash. The graphics on a New Zealand stage at Night was just awful on the eyes I'll also add :)

Last edited:
Reinstalled to see what's what with the new update, No screen tearing from the tracks I tried out, But I just get not one ounce of thrill from this game on PS5, Uninstalled, Putting this down as a complete waste of cash. The graphics on a New Zealand stage at Night was just awful on the eyes I'll also add :)
There has to be one

It's the dust back in replays??
There’s dust in replays but not as much as in gameplay I think:
I add a screenshot of a stage at Greece at night from the new update

IMG_0921.png

Good for you champ. I love it on PS5. Prob best you just trade it in then

No idea how it's possible to not enjoy playing this. With the AI fix it's so much more engaging now, racing through Sweden in the JWRC against the AI on 100 yesterday was like zen heaven. Can't wait to get back to it today.

One thing though, is the AI a bit inconsistent between classes? I was competitive at the Sweden event mentioned above (ended up second but won quite a few stages by tiny margins, like 0.5 of a second), but racing the Peugeot 205 in H2 (FWD) at Mexico I was getting battered, around 40-50 seconds off the leader in each stage. I don't think I was driving that much worse, but maybe so?!

I'll knock it down to 95 today to do some testing....

Haven't had much time to play the new update so far, but I did find the AI wasn't that much better (so far). I did one stage and finished 35 seconds down (placed 11th overall) which I felt was somewhat promising - as it wasn't a particularly clean run and had a handful of minor mistakes littered throughout. The following stage I finished in first by over 2 minutes...even with a fairly sizeable off.

To play devils advocate, when career mode got fried I was half way through an event so I'll probably withhold full judgement until I've completed another rally just incase that has some bearing on it all.

Performance seemed much better though 👍

Haven't had much time to play the new update so far, but I did find the AI wasn't that much better (so far). I did one stage and finished 35 seconds down (placed 11th overall) which I felt was somewhat promising - as it wasn't a particularly clean run and had a handful of minor mistakes littered throughout. The following stage I finished in first by over 2 minutes...even with a fairly sizeable off.

To play devils advocate, when career mode got fried I was half way through an event so I'll probably withhold full judgement until I've completed another rally just incase that has some bearing on it all.

Performance seemed much better though 👍
Yeah if you were in the middle of an event prior to the update and continued after the update, you won’t see the effect of the AI fix as they event was in progress already.

I have started and resumed 2 events since the update and haven’t had the AI drop off at all, which is great, back to career mode for me now.

Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me with this. I just finished my first season and I'm wondering what I did wrong here. I came in first in the FWD Extreme championship using a H2 FWD car, yet I still lost benefactor relationship. Honestly I'm really unsure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks!
Pic 1
Pic 2
Can anyone confirm this issue is resolved, now? (Or explain why it happens, if it's intended)

Can anyone confirm this issue is resolved, now? (Or explain why it happens, if it's intended)
I suspect it's not actually an issue. The poster might have started the wrong championship (there are two that start in Chile at the start of the season and you can use the H2 FWD cars in both), you have to make sure you select the correct one. I've never seen anything like this happen and I've played a lot of career mode.

Yeah if you were in the middle of an event prior to the update and continued after the update, you won’t see the effect of the AI fix as they event was in progress already.

I have started and resumed 2 events since the update and haven’t had the AI drop off at all, which is great, back to career mode for me now.
I figured that might well be the case, looking forward to getting stuck in then! Between career mode and the 1995 Club I think I've got a busy weekend ahead...much to my girlfriends delight I'm sure :lol:

I figured that might well be the case, looking forward to getting stuck in then! Between career mode and the 1995 Club I think I've got a busy weekend ahead...much to my girlfriends delight I'm sure :lol:
You could always enlist her as a co-driver...

It'll be great to be able to run longer rallies where I can dip in and out - finding time to play properly is pretty tough with a domineering small person tearing through the house demanding my time all evening, and our four year old is pretty full on, too.

I've tended to run 6-8 stage rallies in one hour slots when I've had some time, which is fine - but being able extend those will be great.

Tried a bit last night. The race engineer in career sounded glad to be back, still didn't stop me skipping his dialogue though.

Agree with what was said for PS5, fairly better than pre-patch from memory. You can now rotate the camera without wanting to get sick. Very little screen tearing, less pop up and late loading textures but still some occasional frame drops in busy areas that make you wanna chuck it into the ditch.

AI seemed more consistent in career at least for the hour I played it. Less random time lost in corners and gained in straights from what I could see.

Overall a very successful patch!

Latest Posts

Back