EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
As a father, I feel your struggle man, hehehe
You still do great to be honest with hurricanes inside your house.
My time of play is after everyone is asleep, reason why I got the more "quite" Thrustmaster T300 RS.

Bathtime is the bliss moment because my spare room where the consoles live faces the bathroom so I can keep an eye and interact with him while he's contained and can't "get me". I'll sometimes get a good half hour a night that way. Aside from that I'm banking on late night, when my wife annoyingly wants to interact with me instead, or first thing in the morning on a weekend where I'll sometimes get six minutes before I hear him waking up. Gaming was a much more realistic hobby a few years ago.

I tried to get my G29 out one night, it did it's full lock either way calibration thing, my wife got up to tell me off, I sighed and put it back in the cupboard forever.

Last edited:
Anyway, just booted it up again to get a screenshot to showcase my woes and (predictably) it seems to have heeded my wishes, Steam Input converting it to read as an Xbox controller as before;

View attachment 1321587
Glad to hear you've sorted it. Due to other games that didn't work well with Steam Input (EAFC 24 being one of them) I have Steam Input turned off and my Dualshock 4 still works grand on the few games I need it for.

@pez2k
They're also going to have to find the budget for Lancia and Toyota licenses, and hope that they haven't angered the manufacturers by using their designs to advertise the game without permission. I'm not sure there's a tremendously long history of clone games by fans being adopted and approved by publishers, but I can't fault them for ambition at least.
I was a bit surprised they were using the licensed cars and liveries I have to say, Not to mention the fact that the Lancia Martini livery wouldn't even be possible anymore for obvious reasons. If they cant get funding or picked up by a publisher they could go down the route of unlicensed cars and brands similar to Art Of Rally.

Thanks to the career fixes, I powered through to get the last achievement finally :lol:

1705962159673.png

Last edited:
Yeah Thursday the update came out and users have reported unanimously that the performance has been much better.

I really think you need to try again, I suspect that you tried 1.4 update that was launched before Christmas.
The 1.4.1 update was launched this same week and improved the game significantly, screen tearing is now on only a few stages as Mediterranean rally , some frame dips also, and some pop in, but it’s now in its best state since launch, having now reached a great base to start polishing the game here and there.
Does that go for PC as well? Is the stuttering fixed?

For the most part. There is still a bit due to shader loading, so you need to play a while to get rid of them at first, especially if you've just updated the game or your drivers. (I consider it part of the warm up process, for me, the car, and the game :lol:). There are still some frame dips here and there, at Corsica mostly for me, and also at sunrise or sunset times.

The game definitely still needs optimization though, I play at lower settings than I reasonably should, but at least now it's smooth enough to not have to worry about stutters ruining a run. Which wasn't the case at launch.

I haven't had any stuttering at all for the last two updates.
For the most part. There is still a bit due to shader loading, so you need to play a while to get rid of them at first, especially if you've just updated the game or your drivers. (I consider it part of the warm up process, for me, the car, and the game :lol:). There are still some frame dips here and there, at Corsica mostly for me, and also at sunrise or sunset times.

The game definitely still needs optimization though, I play at lower settings than I reasonably should, but at least now it's smooth enough to not have to worry about stutters ruining a run. Which wasn't the case at launch.
Since I've upgraded my machine I can play comfortably with everything on high. There is one thing that tanks performance on PC even (3090 and 4080s) and that is the Car reflections setting. Turn thst down to low or even ultra (the game still looks great if you're on high everything else) and the rest of the graphics settings don't really matter. Further frames can be gotten from lowering the mirror and clutter options but that's only necessary if you're really struggling for frames. With the setup in @Whitestar sig I would think you should easily be able to play on high settings with a decently high refresh rate.

There is some shader recompiling to deal with but the more you play that will dissappear.

Last edited:
So I get second place in both the H3 RWD and WRC2 championship but it isn't enough for me to progress into the WRC. Max is a dick because any benefactor would be ecstatic if the driver they were funding did this. However because I came up short on points finishes in H3 RWD (3 instead of 4) and total number of podiums in a season (5 instead of 6), I didn't get promoted. Funnily enough, I don't have to do as much this season to move up.

I tried and I've tried to beat them on 85 difficulty, took the desicive action to nudge it down to 83, gone from around 5 seconds a split slower to on par or 2 seconds behind. Which difficulty you on?

Still stuck on 76, I tried to nudge it up to 78 but they whacked my arse. I average 6 seconds ahead of the bots per stage. In my defence I'm out of shape since the New year's career bug put a crimp in my daily practice routine.

Last edited:
I was on 100 before the AI balancing of the last patch. Now I’m being beaten quite comfortably (Sweden I was 2 minutes off the lead), so I’ve nudged it to 95 for Croatia and with a good run I can be within 5 seconds of the lead. I’ll see how it goes on gravel as that’s the strongest surface for me so may end up being 96 or 97 as a sweet spot.

I've been running on AI 80 and noticed something weird this morning whereby I finish a stage ahead (say -6 seconds) but then the results show me +6 seconds?? Is this part of the AI bug people have been noting?

On a side note, I also noticed that dust is still not visible in replays for certain rallies (e.g. tarmac rallies when you cut a corner). Shame, because it really detracts from the immersion.

I've been running on AI 80 and noticed something weird this morning whereby I finish a stage ahead (say -6 seconds) but then the results show me +6 seconds?? Is this part of the AI bug people have been noting?

On a side note, I also noticed that dust is still not visible in replays for certain rallies (e.g. tarmac rallies when you cut a corner). Shame, because it really detracts from the immersion.

Depends where you’re running on the road, if there are still competitors behind you yet to set their times then you can drop down the order a bit.

The real Monte Carlo rally is of course this weekend, SS3/6 (Saint-Léger-les-Mélèzes / La-Batie-Neuve) and the Power Stage (La Bollène-Vésubie / Col de Turini) are the 2 stages that are in the game. Be fun watching them run for real having driven them a fair bit in game.

Real route maps ^

Last edited:
Leaving at 83 me, keep getting beat. But it's keeping me on my toes while being relatively competitive. Finishing mid table per stage. Gives me a target atleast. Hopefully give me a few spots in the gtplanet eras club seasons😅

I've been at about 78 and am going to up it again. I tend to find that I can start an event well (especially if starting on a long stage) and build up a lead but then start getting reeled in. Always seem to be first car on the stage initially too even if it says my place in the running order is further down? That's a bit weird come to think of it. I wonder if I'm missing/ignoring an option there? Never get split times to compare, always just grey stage completion on the left and find out where I placed right at the end.

Last edited:
I've been at about 78 and am going to up it again. I tend to find that I can start an event well (especially if starting on a long stage) and build up a lead but then start getting reeled in. Always seem to be first car on the stage initially too even if it says my place in the running order is further down? That's a bit weird come to think of it. I wonder if I'm missing/ignoring an option there? Never get split times to compare, always just grey stage completion on the left and find out where I placed right at the end.

Depends what class I think, could be wrong, I haven’t studied the running order vs entry lists properly yet, but I think I’ve seen I’ve been running 27th out of 52 or something in WRC2 and there’s 31 WRC 2 runners, so it may be the running order factors in every class or something, I don’t know.

Anyone else notice the AI being very slow on ice in Monte Carlo? I did a couple rally's post patch and difficulty was (finally) reasonable. But I started a new rally 2 championship and won the stages that had ice in them by about a minute or so. Regular tarmac stages I won by maybe 5 seconds.

Anyone else notice the AI being very slow on ice in Monte Carlo? I did a couple rally's post patch and difficulty was (finally) reasonable. But I started a new rally 2 championship and won the stages that had ice in them by about a minute or so. Regular tarmac stages I won by maybe 5 seconds.

No not something I’ve noticed, AI were consistently quicker over all stages on Monte.

Last edited:
I tried and I've tried to beat them on 85 difficulty, took the desicive action to nudge it down to 83, gone from around 5 seconds a split slower to on par or 2 seconds behind. Which difficulty you on?
I have the AI set to 80 and it seems to work well for me.

Now I have finally smashed through the career to get the last Steam Achievement I'm going to start a new hardcore career on the highest difficulty and longest event length. Should be a fun challenge and well help me learn the stages more in the process.

I made a quick livery for my team too.

1706252204287.png

image_2024-01-26_064631512.png

Last edited:
Watching SS3 of the Monte Carlo right now, and it's quite amazing how well it's recreated in the game. Only thing missing is the much larger crowds.

Strange. Maybe I dont realize how exceptionally good I am on ice ;)
On super high end difficulty the AI seem overly fast on the ice parts for me. I can keep up and compete on the tarmac but as soon as it hits ice its tough to keep up on 95-100 difficulty.

Watching SS3 of the Monte Carlo right now, and it's quite amazing how well it's recreated in the game. Only thing missing is the much larger crowds.

It is brilliant, really well done to Codemasters, being able to watch it and recognise almost the entire stage is a real treat.

Just glad we don’t have to do the pointless donut at the start.

I think that adding a crowd like this would provoke a bit of tearing and stuttering 😂
Spectacular!

Maybe just a bit 😅. Perhaps it’s something they can work on in the future, clearly the tree density and crowd density is where the game lacks vs real life. The section after the town on SS3 you can clearly see there’s more trees on the hill than the game.

Yep, see Dakar Desert Rally's handling of the new US map particularly the Yellowstone one with all the trees and greenery, if you want to give yourself a migraine. Sand dunes are obviously a bit easier on the old frame rate.

Latest Posts

Back