EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,880 comments
The wear and tear is greatly felt. This produces complex oversteer. Keep it in mind.

Captura de pantalla (119).png

-New update introduces Kernel Level Anticheat for PC platform

That's the end of using .pak file livery mods for the game I imagine. Shame as codies seem deadset on not adding any historic or iconic liveries to the game themselves. 😒

Brightness and contrast fixes for interior views for VR but seemingly not if you play it normally, surely we deserve that to be fixed as well?

Maybe it will be sorted anyway as sometimes a fix might get implemented even if it's not mentioned in the patch notes, we'll see tomorrow I guess

I returned after a month and it's still a great game. The crowd cheering sound samples seem to have been improved.

Last edited:
Is anyone else unable to start the game on Steam after today's update?

Tried restarting Steam, restarting the PC, and validating game files.

All I have now is a small EA WRC splash screen that disappears after about 10 seconds, and the Play button on Steam turns green again.

Is anyone else unable to start the game on Steam after today's update?

Tried restarting Steam, restarting the PC, and validating game files.

All I have now is a small EA WRC splash screen that disappears after about 10 seconds, and the Play button on Steam turns green again.
Just loaded the game and it works fine for me.

I guess you can consider yourself lucky as I can see people have started reporting this problem on Steam in the store comments and on the discussion forum.

I'm guessing this must be something to do with the Anticheat introduced in this update. However, it is worth noting that EA FC works fine and starts without any problems for me.

I guess you can consider yourself lucky as I can see people have started reporting this problem on Steam in the store comments and on the discussion forum.

I'm guessing this must be something to do with the Anticheat introduced in this update. However, it is worth noting that EA FC works fine and starts without any problems for me.
I was expecting problems with the Anti-Cheat (I remember the problems with FIFA 23) as I have previously modded the game with Liveries from Race Department. I made double sure I deleted the livery files and mod command in steam before this update ofcourse.

Fortunately it Loaded up fine like I said.

Last edited:
Nothing has been modified in my game at all. Additionally, I have verified the game files.

The only hope now is that Codemasters will fix this issue, as the game is obviously non-refundable now...

Nothing has been modified in my game at all. Additionally, I have verified the game files.

The only hope now is that Codemasters will fix this issue, as the game is obviously non-refundable now...
Game breaking updates that render the game unplayable and even launchable is prime refundable territory if you ask me. Sure lets hope they can sort this out sharpish. If not, I'm sure Steam would side with you if the game literally doesn't work anymore.

Codemasters must still be really struggling with the Unreal engine?? Fired the game up for the first time after the patch and did a time trial at Estonia. On the start line, there was what looked like a blanket of vines hovering about 20m above the road, with some falling down and touching the road lol.

The game ran at about 30fps until the vines cleared then seemed normal. What a mess.

I love the way the game plays, but for a "next gen" game, the graphics and overall polish are still a mess nearly a year on from release.

Last edited:
For me, it's simply disappointing (I haven't managed to do a championship yet, at least offline).

Attempts in "Clubs" are always ruined by constant crashes, so much so that I lost motivation to play, just like online

Even though the content is extremely good, I don't know how they managed to make such a bad game (related to optimization).

Having purchased it shortly before release, expecting an excellent game in every way.
For those who had done Dirt 2 and could have researched Kyloton's games (WRC Generations and WRC 10) where the optimization is perfect.
Wait for new updates?
When can corrections arrive?
I see and read companions with more complete hardware than mine (who simply can't play).
Wait for an EA WRC 24?

In pre-sales, I'm out, buying again only if something is proven that really works after being properly tested and commented....

For me, it's simply disappointing (I haven't managed to do a championship yet, at least offline).

Attempts in "Clubs" are always ruined by constant crashes, so much so that I lost motivation to play, just like online

Even though the content is extremely good, I don't know how they managed to make such a bad game (related to optimization).

Having purchased it shortly before release, expecting an excellent game in every way.
For those who had done Dirt 2 and could have researched Kyloton's games (WRC Generations and WRC 10) where the optimization is perfect.
Wait for new updates?
When can corrections arrive?
I see and read companions with more complete hardware than mine (who simply can't play).
Wait for an EA WRC 24?

In pre-sales, I'm out, buying again only if something is proven that really works after being properly tested and commented....
Are you on PC? Console? The game was meant to be in a good place in regards to stability and not crashing I would have thought (There are still graphical issues)

Last edited:
Hmm Strange. Pretty much the recommended specs. Should be able to run it fine. Fresh install maybe?
I had already tried everything.
Last night I decided to do some tests on the (Nvidia settings), it seems I got something good for myself.

The "crashes" decreased a lot (almost nothing), I did several tests in "time trials" in different places to find "graphical settings" within the game where I could have some fun.

Anyone who can do similar tests on Nvidia settings, follow what I modified (which is more important).

Vertical sync = fast.

Inside the game Vsync = off

It has improved a lot as my hardware specifications are not excellent,
I use 1920 x 1080 resolution (DLS = on)
The other settings are mostly (medium)
Mirrors = off
Motion blur = off

Anyone who wants to do tests and then give feedback if they think they improved in their respective games to find out if this is one of the game's optimization problems.

Attachments

• NVIDIA .png
    NVIDIA .png
    34.2 KB · Views: 4
Game breaking updates that render the game unplayable and even launchable is prime refundable territory if you ask me. Sure lets hope they can sort this out sharpish. If not, I'm sure Steam would side with you if the game literally doesn't work anymore.
Agreed, at the moment Steam goes with their standard refund policy and refuse any refunds to anyone including myself. Hopefully they'll realise what's going on and adjust their policy in this case if nothing gets done by EA/Codemasters.

I had already tried everything.
Last night I decided to do some tests on the (Nvidia settings), it seems I got something good for myself.

The "crashes" decreased a lot (almost nothing), I did several tests in "time trials" in different places to find "graphical settings" within the game where I could have some fun.

Anyone who can do similar tests on Nvidia settings, follow what I modified (which is more important).

Vertical sync = fast.

Inside the game Vsync = off

It has improved a lot as my hardware specifications are not excellent,
I use 1920 x 1080 resolution (DLS = on)
The other settings are mostly (medium)
Mirrors = off
Motion blur = off

Anyone who wants to do tests and then give feedback if they think they improved in their respective games to find out if this is one of the game's optimization problems.
Glad to hear you have found some better settings. Some settings to take particular note of even on higher end machines are
  • Car Reflections
  • Dynamic Objects
  • Crowds

Agreed, at the moment Steam goes with their standard refund policy and refuse any refunds to anyone including myself. Hopefully they'll realise what's going on and adjust their policy in this case if nothing gets done by EA/Codemasters.
Hmmm, If there's a large number of people with the same issue I'm surprised Steam wouldn't side with the consumer straight away. They have a pretty good record when it comes to refunding broken games. Maybe they want to give Codies a chance to release a hotfix first perhaps.

Maybe, let's hope so, as I would like to play the game I paid for :)

And it's not just me by the looks of it:

@PJTierney is anything being done towards solving this issue, please?

Last edited:
Last edited:
kjb
I wish EA would do this with all of their sports games
They kinda did it with PGA TOUR. Released 2023, they added thay seasons major championship courses as they were played, did a Ryder Cup expansion the week that happened for free, then at the start of this year added all the 2024 major courses and new equipment for free.

In all, 8 new courses and a handful of new modes plus equipment for free. On top of what was already a generous offering. Very similar model to what WRC appears to be following but with a larger player base.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back