F1 2011 WishlistF1 2010-2016 

But Kubica isn't driving the Renault. Why would they put him in there? They might as well put Hulkenberg in the Force India.

It is his car and he is supposed to be in it, and there is a chance that he will be back in it this year. Also Hulk is the FI's number 3 driver where as Kubica is Renaults number 1 which I'm sure you already know.

It is his car and he is supposed to be in it, and there is a chance that he will be back in it this year.
But he's not in it, and chances are that if he does get back into it, it won't be until much later in the year. This isn't a hamstring that he's pulled - he wound up in hospital with just one litre of blood in his body and very nearly lost his hand. His doctors believe that if he races again, it won't be until 2012. And even if he can make it back sooner, they will strongly advise against it. The game will be well into its development cycle - past the point where the drivers will have been fully coded into the game - by the time he can even think about getting back into the car.

Only McLaren had F-Duct in F1-2010 so it wouldn't be worth it to code in a huge feature just for one car.

That's not true. Most teams had it by the end. Mclaren came up with the idea so they were the only ones to have it at the start of the season. At the end of the season, all teams except Toro Rosso, Lotus, Virgin and HRT had it.

As for creating your own team, this idea was put to the devs for f12010, and their response was that they were bound by the license and could have a feature like this.

That's not true. Most teams had it by the end. Mclaren came up with the idea so they were the only ones to have it at the start of the season. At the end of the season, all teams except Toro Rosso, Lotus, Virgin and HRT had it.

Yeah but F12010 car models are all from the first race, regardless of any updates that occurred up till September (Game release).

Yeah but F12010 car models are all from the first race, regardless of any updates that occurred up till September (Game release).

While that is true with regards to the modelling of the cars, the actual graphical models were based on the cars from the first few races. As for f ducts, most cars had f duct simulation (according to the devs).

^ Agreed. The car models themselves are no doubt modelled from early in the season but it would surprise me if Codemasters didn't upgrade the performance of the cars throughout the season.

As a player, your car improves throughout the season through the addition of new R&D components so I would assume that the other cars on the grid would improve as well.

Either way, I hope we see KERS and the adjustable rear wing in F1 2011. So far they have been the biggest talking point this year so it would be crazy to leave them out

I have a T500 RS wheel that I am using in F1 2010. I have also used it in Nedd for Speed 3 on my PS3. There is a dead spot when the wheel is centered sending S turning down the race track even on the stright aways! So frustrating because a little over compen sation and you are off the track in traffic or in a turn. Any ideas on what to do? The wheel self calibrates at startup.

I have a T500 RS wheel that I am using in F1 2010. I have also used it in Nedd for Speed 3 on my PS3. There is a dead spot when the wheel is centered sending S turning down the race track even on the stright aways! So frustrating because a little over compen sation and you are off the track in traffic or in a turn. Any ideas on what to do? The wheel self calibrates at startup.

Off topic?

There are options in F1 2010 menus to calibrate the wheel to help stop this, have a play with them and see what works.

Instead of bickering about which driver to put in what car, the big elephant in the room is the physics which are test drive like with no force feedback to speak of (I'm using DFGT). The grip lossage is not feel able, it just all goes away at once. The game drives like a cross between an old game from the late 90s, and Test Drive 2002 version. You point the car rather than drive it. The physics almost seem as primitive as one of the old hand held sega games I played as a wee little one in the 90s, early 2000s.

Its good fun, and the state of the pointing is constant which means you can improve your ability to point the cars, and improve lap times. You can also build a career which is fun. But you dont get the sensation your in any time of simulation, its very arcade like.

Make the colours vibrant again.. It seriously looks like that Twilight film everyone is on about. All filmed in a grey filter. F1:CE was full of colour.

Austria A1 was a cool track. The colors that track has are "the sound of music" like, the hills are alive, with the sound of 20,000 RPM. lol

Easy fixes but little peeves for me.

1.) I won the WDC and I moved to Mercedes GP after my 2nd season (from Force India). Why am I not in the #1 car for the new season? I know the graphics were from cars in 2010, but how hard could editing the numbers on the cars be? I want to carry the 1 and 2 on the team I move to if I earned it.

2.) Driver contracts? I know that Alonso is with Ferrari through 2012...what happens after that? Why are the drivers same position same team every year (I'm only in my 3rd season and assuming they don't change). In my 2nd season Webber dominated Vettel..yet he's still 2nd!

3.) DNF and Retiring from a race. Anytime a yellow flag goes out (rarely) it's because an AI spun out and is returning to track. Wheres the crashes that out a driver for the race?

4.) It's great to know that Schumacher has won 7 WDC and blah blah races. How about a season tracking stat? I'm three seasons in and it hasn't changed. Some generic info from the previous season into the list would be nice. Technically in my game it's 2013 and some people are hoping for a good start in 2010 in their info.

5.) DRS and KERS has already been mentioned. I hope they implement it however they must. What hasn't been brough up that I've seen so far is klag. I want little pieces of Pirelli building up on the outside lines of the track. Last week at China had the straight almost completely covered in klag by the end. Where's the track changing klag in game? Note: I don't know if it's spelt klag or clag.

6.) My helmet never changes. Why can't we have a generic team helmet? Make me feel like part of the team a bit more.

7.) Multiple people have already brought it up but a podium finish should lead to a trophy. I want to earn my trophies and spray champagne on my fellow podium placers. Victory lap wouldn't hurt and can't be hard to do. Where am I gonna keep all these trophies? In my viewable trophy room! Unless you're with McLaren. Those limey bastards keep your trophies. Maybe visit their massive trophy/award hall?

8.) A $15 million contract with Red Bull? OMG I want to renegotiate for more money! Wait it doesn't matter...money does nothing for you in this game.
____

This is a small side note. Someone had mentioned changing the driving line into a braking line. This can already be done in options > assists. Change it from full to corners only.

Last edited:
Easy fixes but little peeves for me.

1.) I won the WDC and I moved to Mercedes GP after my 2nd season (from Force India). Why am I not in the #1 car for the new season? I know the graphics were from cars in 2010, but how hard could editing the numbers on the cars be? I want to carry the 1 and 2 on the team I move to if I earned it.

2.) Driver contracts? I know that Alonso is with Ferrari through 2012...what happens after that? Why are the drivers same position same team every year (I'm only in my 3rd season and assuming they don't change). In my 2nd season Webber dominated Vettel..yet he's still 2nd!

I'm guessing licensing issues are the cause of both of those. Don't expect anything to change in 2011 as the FIA is rather strict with the F1 license.

3.) DNF and Retiring from a race. Anytime a yellow flag goes out (rarely) it's because an AI spun out and is returning to track. Wheres the crashes that out a driver for the race?

I would agree that DNF's are a must, as well as mechanical failures. Really makes conserving you engines a little pointless if you don't have to worry about them disintegrating into a cloud of smoke.

The physics in F1 2010 are so primitive I may not get the new game if the the cars are still so lifeless, with the performances radically different from real world.

1.) There's no sliding or loss of grip feedback, the support for all wheels is part of their "mantra" yet the support is as basic as a D-pad on a Nintendo 64 controller. You point the car and thats it.

2) The braking is all F-d up to say the least....The distances and brake points are too far, you cannot turn at all while having your foot more than 1/4th on the brakes. wtf

3.) The cars in general are pooorly rendered, the steering wheels especially, and the frame rate on the review mirrors is at half or 1/3rd speed which makes checking them impossible and their existence pointless.

4.) the games physics are "arcade". when you drive off track onto grass, sand or gravel the car still grips like your driving on tarmac. lol ;) In the loading screen it says "dont slide it'll slow you down" well you cant at all. Even a small little drift sends you facing backwards getting penalties for blocking the track. And the steering lock is 90 degrees on all the wheels. Again lol, gamepad feedback.

5) In summary this game is pooped out in 9 months to the mass market. They then rig a couple of awards ratings to say its better than GT5 (a game with a physics engine and 1,000 cars) and what they have is a constant stream of revenue for little time and moderate effort.

The physics in F1 2010 are so primitive I may not get the new game if the the cars are still so lifeless, with the performances radically different from real world.

1.) There's no sliding or loss of grip feedback, the support for all wheels is part of their "mantra" yet the support is as basic as a D-pad on a Nintendo 64 controller. You point the car and thats it.

2) The braking is all F-d up to say the least....The distances and brake points are too far, you cannot turn at all while having your foot more than 1/4th on the brakes. wtf

3.) The cars in general are pooorly rendered, the steering wheels especially, and the frame rate on the review mirrors is at half or 1/3rd speed which makes checking them impossible and their existence pointless.

4.) the games physics are "arcade". when you drive off track onto grass, sand or gravel the car still grips like your driving on tarmac. lol ;) In the loading screen it says "dont slide it'll slow you down" well you cant at all. Even a small little drift sends you facing backwards getting penalties for blocking the track. And the steering lock is 90 degrees on all the wheels. Again lol, gamepad feedback.

5) In summary this game is pooped out in 9 months to the mass market. They then rig a couple of awards ratings to say its better than GT5 (a game with a physics engine and 1,000 cars) and what they have is a constant stream of revenue for little time and moderate effort.

I glad to see that Im not the only one that feels the physics and FFB in this game are very dodgy. IMO even worst than F1 CE in that department. And lets not forget the «stamp on the brakes and correct the spin» magical and totaly wrong «aid»

Unfortunatly I dont agree with you on your last remark, even though the physics and FFB are much worse than GT5s everything else F1 2010 does better from the dynamic weather to the career mode....

Last edited:
And i want a Safety car, Dangit! Actually, I want to DRIVE the Safety car!
This is 2011. You should able to drive the giant crane on the side of the track, the dump truck & the safety car that drives behind the field. :indiff:

I'd only agree with you on points 1 and 4. You're not able to turn when on the brakes.
I can use the mirrors but pressing triangle gives you a full view.
To be honest I just think you're paranoid about point 5.

Edit: Why did you post that again?

Last edited:
You can turn when the brakes when you're at high speeds i.e. high downforce (as in real life) but once you slow up it is of course easier to lock up.

The physics aren't perfect but the braking isn't one of the first things I would complain about (well, unless it was to correct a spin :))

I would like to see all wheels catered for. We all drop a lot of cash into these toys and for them not to work with certain games makes no sense.

The FFB was a little weak in 2010 and could do with some beefing up for 2011 .

Cant wait to jump into that black and gold Lotus :drool:

In F1 2011 I would like

A driver ladder where you start at Formula 3 and move your way up to Formula 1.
Better Damage
Shift 2 like graphics, It was so vibrant!
Martin Brundle and David Coulthard Commentating to replace the annoying pit crew man "Rob"
Old F1 cars
Better Online, it was bad in 2010
B Spec Mode :lol:
Finally REMOVE FLASHBACK MODE

:)

A driver ladder where you start at Formula 3 and move your way up to Formula 1.
Codemasters admiteed to experimenting with GP2 and GP3 for F1 2011 (because those series use the same circuits as Formula 1), but removed it when it took up too much development time. They've hinted they might have a look at it for F1 2011, because there's less work that needs to be done overall, but it's likely to be the first thing they cut out.

Shift 2 like graphics, It was so vibrant!
Codemasters didn't develop SHIFT 2, so they don't have access to the graphics engine. F1 2011 will continue the trend set by F1 2010 and DIRT 3 and use the latest version of the EGO Engine.

Martin Brundle and David Coulthard Commentating to replace the annoying pit crew man "Rob"
Why those two? They're racing commentators, not pit wall staff. I think most race fans would much prefer someone like Rob Smedley or Andrew Shovlin to provide the voice of your engineer.

Finally REMOVE FLASHBACK MODE
A lot of players use flashback to help with the game and remove silly mistakes. They shouldn't be punished heavily simply for one error. If you don't like the feature, then don't use it.

Back