F1 2011 WishlistF1 2010-2016 

Dirt 2 on PS3 is fine for FFB.

Yes I have to agree with that. It was not great but it was much better than F1 2010.

Another thing I forgot to had to my wishlist

- Get rid of the «stamp on the brakes and correct the uncorrectable spin» aid - that really gave up the bad physics behind the hamdling and it was a terrible way to try and correct them.
- Replay system for multiplayer

Last edited:
They really need to fix the FPS problems on Monaco - it's honestly terrible

I have been DQ'd the past 2 seasons on that damn track simply because I can't perform on it as well as the other tracks due to how horrid it is

All F1 cars in this game have wing mirrors....but in cockpit view on some cars you cant see them, the Red Bull/Ferrari dont have them, the Mclaren only lets you see half each side as does the Renault, The Toro Rosso's are spot on and as I would expect others to be...

F1 2011 needs to consider this..

All F1 cars in this game have wing mirrors....but in cockpit view on some cars you cant see them, the Red Bull/Ferrari dont have them, the Mclaren only lets you see half each side as does the Renault, The Toro Rosso's are spot on and as I would expect others to be...

Is that not like the actual cars though?

Personally I would like to see the features from F1CE, I would also like a safety car, realistic lap times for the AI, much more aggressive AI, bigger selection of helmets.

Drive the car fully everywhere, if codemasters are serious about the 'live the life/dream' (whatever) then you need a cool down lap, drive into parc ferme, see you get out the car, wave to the fans etc like you see on TV after the race and then walk through to the podium, and see it all through the eyes of your driver.

More interview variations, it always seems like you are doing the same interview.

Less bloody timing screens and general time waiting in online mode.

The "30 Seconds to race start" countdown timer is just one big lie.

You have 30 seconds, then you have to sit through the whole, putting the tyres on, car coming off the jacks, engineer walking you out etc. Its a good 40 seconds ontop from when the 30 sec timer runs to 0, to when the race actually starts.

Some sort of auto kick feature when a host of a lobby has been inactive for 5 mins, the amount of time I've sat waiting in a lobby for races, when the host isn't even there is ridiculous.

I would like to correct myself here...
Looking further in to this I have it on good orthority that some F1 drivers did have to turn thir heads to see in thir wing mirrors last year so I can let the game slide on that one...

+ 1 definitely create your own team and livery. It would be awesome if you had a team budget which depended on your results, then at the start of each season you have the ability to upgrade your cars engine, gearbox etc.

That's moving a bit further towards team management but would add another dimension to the game IMO. Having your own team would also negate the need to exclude the driver whose seat you take

Old drivers &cars + create your own team and livery

Definitely.

Debate on what classics to include? I'm a big fan of midfield cars, so apart from the obvious, I wouldn't mind the Stewart SF3, Jordan 196 nor the McLaren MP4/9. And the Maserati 250F should be there, Fangio turned that car into a legend.

+ 1 definitely create your own team and livery. It would be awesome if you had a team budget which depended on your results, then at the start of each season you have the ability to upgrade your cars engine, gearbox etc.

That's moving a bit further towards team management but would add another dimension to the game IMO. Having your own team would also negate the need to exclude the driver whose seat you take

So like GRID, just with more depth; I could dig that!

Sounds like B-Spec. I'm really not seeing the difference.

Sounds nothing like b-spec. There was not R&D, custom liveries, or a team development path anywhere to be found in b-spec. There was only "pace down, keep pace, pace up, pit, cancel pit"; which random generated driver stats and the xp dictated how the drivers leveled up. They were not part of your racing team either. In formula one there are two drivers, so you and your bob would be on the track at the same time, get it?

Just get rid of the ghost in time trial mode. I might actually use it then.

It would make the game much more enjoyable if they did that.

Also, a photomode would be awesome, just as long as it's set up like GT5's where you can export right from the HDD.

What I want is a sort of 'Free Practice' while your waiting for others to join the lobby. Kind of like GT5 but it doesn't count for actual qualifying positions.

I think that having an optional safety car would be good and also when in cockpit view you should be able to turn the wheel off for the people who actually use wheels it would make it more realistic to look at.
Also I really hope that KERS and DRS are manually used because the lack of being able to use the F Duct in F1 2010 was a little disapointing.

Edit. My biggest wish is that it isn't such a long wait till it's release. I would so love it to come out now at the start of the season but I realize that's not possible.

I think that having an optional safety car would be good and also when in cockpit view you should be able to turn the wheel off for the people who actually use wheels it would make it more realistic to look at.
Also I really hope that KERS and DRS are manually used because the lack of being able to use the F Duct in F1 2010 was a little disapointing.

Edit. My biggest wish is that it isn't such a long wait till it's release. I would so love it to come out now at the start of the season but I realize that's not possible.

I think KERS will be manual, while DRS auto. Maybe we can make them both manual for those of us who have free buttons to map on their wheel. That would be cool.

Only McLaren had F-Duct in F1-2010 so it wouldn't be worth it to code in a huge feature just for one car.

Following some Devs on twitter gives a bit of an insight, looks like physics are much improved and they are looking at a hardcore mode for time trials. Sounds good. I'm really looking forward to pirelli tyres, I hope they get them right.

Optional pre-race scene and parade lap
Optional podium
better FFB
more realistic AI and laptimes.
Safety Car
Better collision psychics
Better damage
more helmets
longer career mode.

Sounds like B-Spec. I'm really not seeing the difference.

You do the driving, that's the difference.

I'm talking about controlling the R&D path, not watching someone else drive and telling them to speed up or slow down.

The difference is pretty obvious...

Last edited:
Well, next time you might want to make it obvious from the outset.

I though it was quite obvious. I never said anything about not driving, all I suggested was being able to control the team's budget and R&D path. So I'm not sure where the B-spec comparison comes into it...

Hopefully they have kubica in the renault, otherwise, it sounds stupid i know, but that's the only driver i ever use.

Back