Fastest Car In Your Family?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 235 comments
What TheCracker said...also, they sidestep the "corporate a**monkey" image, because rich pricks wouldn't drive a car that old... :lol:

ÄŁPĨЙΣ
my Ford Sierra RS Cosworth but my Subaru Impreza 22B is also fast
Do you have proof? Photos of the cars and a hand written sign with your username and GTP on it please. Preferably some photos from under the bonnet/inside the cars too. I get the feeling this is a ludicrous claim...

EDIT: Considering that you're only 15, we all know you don't own those cars.

Besides, a 22B would be faster than an RS Cosworth.
Going by top speed, the fastest car would be my mother's Dodge Shadow V6, as it has no speed limiter (my Mom has taken it to 132 before). Handling wise, my father's Neon ACR. Acceleration? Either the Neon or my mother's Chevrolet Silverado.

My mom's Mazda 6 probably wins our familial speed/acceleration battle. I hope to best her soon :)

Going out a little further on the family tree, my uncle has a Chrysler 300C Hemi. It's got some pretty neck-snapping grunt, plus a sweet-sounding exhaust kit :D

daan
Do you have proof? Photos of the cars and a hand written sign with your username and GTP on it please. Preferably some photos from under the bonnet/inside the cars too. I get the feeling this is a ludicrous claim...

They could be his parents cars, but I still think he needs proof of that.

daan

half right, half wrong. me & my uncle own those cars. we got them a while ago & are restoring them, when I get my driving license, I'll own them.

My uncle loves sports cars, he used to race minis, is restoring an MG & has owned a Toyota MR2, old Porshe (got rid of it within 2 weeks) racing mini cooper, Mini City, Ford Mondeo, Mazda Bongo Van & a Citroen Saxo.

at the moment he owns a MG race car (under restoration) Mazda Bongo van & a VW Golf GTi

Why would you need to restore an Impreza 22B? They are only 7 years old. Also, why is your uncle giving you such a rare and expensive car as a first car?

You still need to take a pic with a sign with your name and I love GTP on it or something. Anybody can grab pics off the internet and say its there car.

Toronado
Why would you need to restore an Impreza 22B? They are only 7 years old. Also, why is your uncle giving you such a rare and expensive car as a first car?
22B = can't of been a carefull owner & I pay half the cash for them, I still need to give him about £4,000 more when I get it
xXSilencerXx
You still need to take a pic with a sign with your name and I love GTP on it or something. Anybody can grab pics off the internet and say its there car.
I will but it'll have to be a few days because my uncles away for 1 week & there in his garage

ÄŁPĨЙΣ
I will but it'll have to be a few days because my uncles away for 1 week & there in his garage

Ight I'll waitin to see this. If they really are yours, which does sorta seem to be the case now cuz most liars get all defensive if we ask for signs.Awsome cars. 👍

Would be cool if they are his, just 22B's are rare rare.

Fastest... striaght line probably my dad's 05 Outback 2.5 XT (250 HP)
Handling... certainly my MkI MR2.
Acceleration... my MR2 when the clutch is working, has a 20V 4A in it making about 190 HP, which with a 2200 lb car means zippy.

Well, his uncle must have a case of schizophrenia, because as you can see on Geordie's Car Page, the only car he claims to own is the Sierra Cosworth, which can be seen here (look for the pic on the bottom left). He doesn't even mention anything about a 22B, although he did own a TVR, a Triumph, and a few Fords. Of course, none of the cars ALPINE mentioned are listed.

Then there's the 22B, which can be seen on a website design page here, being used as an example.

ALPINE, I'll let you in on a little secret -- if you want to trick people into thinking you or someone you know owns a car, don't just pick the very first picture you see on Google Images and upload it to Imageshack without even changing the filename. It's REALLY EASY to figure out. :rolleyes:

Top three responses to the "show us the GTP sign" request:

1)"Screw you guys!"
2)"I can't right now, because the car isn't here; it's somewhere else"
3)Member's "friend" signs up for GTP, and posts messages of support, often in the same prose and voice as the member himself.

Fastest... 1969 AMC Javelin SST390

Unfortunately, its in my dad's friend's garage for storage, so, no pics anytime soon.

We also used to have an '85 325ic, but we sold it for 3 g's.

Sakiale
Fastest... 1969 AMC Javelin SST390
Unfortunately, its in my dad's friend's garage for storage, so, no pics anytime soon.
We also used to have an '85 325ic, but we sold it for 3 g's.
I smell a ludicrous claim. :D

Nope. Its 1969, Hurst shifter, BigBad Orange, the bar in the center of the grille is removed, broken brakes, and mismatched wheels. Not too bad on the rust part.

If you REALLY want I could post a few pics of it while my dad was working on it, and of the engine, but sorry, no sign.

Well my moms car maxxed at 107 which sucks. My car I haven't gotten to max yet but I its either gonna be 115 or 120.

ALPINE, I'll let you in on a little secret -- if you want to trick people into thinking you or someone you know owns a car, don't just pick the very first picture you see on Google Images and upload it to Imageshack without even changing the filename. It's REALLY EASY to figure out.

Lol, don't try to be cool by saying you have rare cars.

Wolfe2x7
Well, his uncle must have a case of schizophrenia, because as you can see on Geordie's Car Page, the only car he claims to own is the Sierra Cosworth, which can be seen here (look for the pic on the bottom left). He doesn't even mention anything about a 22B, although he did own a TVR, a Triumph, and a few Fords. Of course, none of the cars ALPINE mentioned are listed.

Then there's the 22B, which can be seen on a website design page here, being used as an example.

ALPINE, I'll let you in on a little secret -- if you want to trick people into thinking you or someone you know owns a car, don't just pick the very first picture you see on Google Images and upload it to Imageshack without even changing the filename. It's REALLY EASY to figure out. :rolleyes:

A registration plate would be good. They're not traceable to the person, so there's no danger giving them out, but they are traceable to the car. We could confirm your story in no time at all.

Of course, "you" have edited them out of "your" pictures, so I can't just check based on the images, but if you let me know I'll have them checked in a jiffy.

Oh, and Mr. Acceptable Use Policy says:

AUP
You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

In fact, that's rule #1.

Ball = Your court.

The fastest we have is what we have - an S-Type Diesel. Although I'm not sure what my relatives in Austraila own, so it could be one of them that own a more powerful/faster car as there are so many older V8s over there.

G.T
so it could be one of them that own a more powerful/faster car as there are so many older V8s over there.

Problem is most of the older V8 are not that powerful. :indiff:

Azuremen
Would be cool if they are his, just 22B's are rare rare.

Fastest... striaght line probably my dad's 05 Outback 2.5 XT (250 HP)
Handling... certainly my MkI MR2.
Acceleration... my MR2 when the clutch is working, has a 20V 4A in it making about 190 HP, which with a 2200 lb car means zippy.
if your interested then 1 has just turned up in auto trader (get it free from Morisons supermarket)

MR2's are well nice

Back