FIA GT1 World Championship | NELJACK IS WORLD CHAMPION

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 951 comments

Are you getting the Spa DLC?

• Yes, and I will have it in time for the FIA GT1 Spa race.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No, but I do not mind sitting that race out.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No and I do not want it on the calendar.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

Are there any restrictions on car choice at the moment?

There's supposedly a limit of 4 of each car in this series. Not 100% sure why but I think the Lambo and GT-R are still up for grabs.

Just so we're aware, how do you set up your lobby? Mine are set like this; heavy damage, edge grip reduction on real, tyre and fuel simulation on, penalties off and slipstreaming set to weak.

As far as I know we have light damage, real grip reduction, tyre and fuel on, penalties off and weak slipstreaming.

Pit Exit: As you can see (in the video below) I exit the pits using the slip road behind turn one. Do you do this here too?

Don't know that yet. Eclat (EDIT: DaxCobra. Why do you change your name every 10 minutes!? :ouch:) will have to answer that one, but it's the way I would go since you won't get in the way of everyone barrelling into turn 1.

Turn Three: I allow using the full width of the track out of turn three, hopping the yellow curb and crossing over the white line. Do you allow this here?

Seems fine to me.

Bus Stop: As you can see I slow down enough to make sure I am ultra clean through both apex's. I dont contact any grass. Do you allow straight lining, ie putting wheels on grass for better lap times?

Even if we said you must do it cleanly, I think people would start cutting the grass before long.

Pit Entry: I turned beneath the yellow line off turn 12 as soon as possible for pit entry. Is this neccesary?

I don't think it's neccesary.

Also I just want to be 100% sure that any bhp figure listed in post two is the figure you should be restricting your car to. Also I'm guessing anything tunable, ie suspension gearing and downforce can be setup as the driver pleases.

I was also wondering how this is policed. Do you set the PP limit to the GTR cap and have the GTR's enter the track? Then set PP limit to GT40 then have GT40's join the track? And so on and so on?

Your car has to be restricted to the figure shown in post 2, fine tuning is fully permitted. The checking system you described is pretty much how we do it.

No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed

I think what he means is going out of your way to hit/block someone on the other side of the road from you.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for your responses Sumo, things seem a lot clearer now. Cheers 👍

I asked about what cars were available as it looks in the first post as though all positions and manufacturers are taken up. However people have obviously signed up and then stopped racing or never started. Looking at the standings table though suggests that the Corvette or GTR would be the two available.

I'll go ahead and say our team will drive the Corvette, but that is pending a decision by Carbon and me asking my team mate of course. Looking forward to sunday if everything gets the go ahead, lets have a good one guys :D:tup:

Thanks very much for your responses Sumo, things seem a lot clearer now. Cheers 👍

I asked about what cars were available as it looks in the first post as though all positions and manufacturers are taken up. However people have obviously signed up and then stopped racing or never started. Looking at the standings table though suggests that the Corvette or GTR would be the two available.

I'll go ahead and say our team will drive the Corvette, but that is pending a decision by Carbon and me asking my team mate of course. Looking forward to sunday if everything gets the go ahead, lets have a good one guys :D:tup:

The Corvette would be the best choice for availability due to the fact the C6.R drivers never show...

I usually explain all of the fine rules for each track on the day but thanks Sumo ;)

I'll go ahead and say our team will drive the Corvette, but that is pending a decision by Carbon and me asking my team mate of course.

The team mate would be me then :D

Had a thorough run through of the regs and so on, and this sounds like a lot of fun! So I'll be Captain Roh's teammate, and I'm fine with using the Vette, it's a nice 'lively' ride :lol:

Looking forward to racing you guys...see you on track 👍

I have a testing lounge for Daytona open right now, if anyone wants to join.

Eclat, if you want connection issues to be solved > Race Quality : Low
Mics : Off / Lobby Room / Fixed Host - best combination i think :)

I don't trust using a fixed host after what happened at Suzuka...

What race quality setting do you have it on?

I don't trust using a fixed host after what happened at Suzuka...

What race quality setting do you have it on?

I think I have it on quite a high race setting...

Does anyone know what that even means though? High Race quality etc.

By the way, for the Deep Forest Raceway meeting, we have a problem.

I believe it takes place the same weekend as the Brazilian GP.
The Brazilian GP race starts at 4 o'clock.....

I don't see it as a problem, this season's boring :crazy:

I think everyone should be more worried about Turn 1 at Daytona tomorrow...my car is extremely skittish under braking there, while on fresh tyres. :scared:

I think I have it on quite a high race setting...

Does anyone know what that even means though? High Race quality etc.

It basically means the amount of race data thrown about the network at once, having higher values makes the racing look more smooth (not in the lag sort of way if that makes sense) but can cause lag issues.

Are you still hosting tomorrow?

It basically means the amount of race data thrown about the network at once, having higher values makes the racing look more smooth (not in the lag sort of way if that makes sense) but can cause lag issues.

Are you still hosting tomorrow?

Well I will set the room settings to lowest and see how it goes... If not, could you host?

I think everyone should be more worried about Turn 1 at Daytona tomorrow...my car is extremely skittish under braking there, while on fresh tyres

Put Brake Ballast more at the front and turn up the brake sensitivity on your LSD

:embarrassed: Can we have a mid season break please? :D

Okay, after the Suzuka GT1 race, we will have a 1 week break. This is nothing to do with the Formula 1 whatsoever, which is on at the same time......

:sly:

Who do I need to shoot a friend request to today then? I take it you use a private lounge instead of an open lobby?

By the way I always put my lobby settings on high for race quality and low for mic quality. My race meets have zero lag and I have people race from as far away as Canada. The rest of the guys are from all over europe.

Seems silly to say now so far into GT's lifespan (everyone should know this anyway) but whoever hosts should make sure they're using ethernet not wireless, clear their GT cache and make sure there is no (or as little as possible) other internet traffic in the house.

Oh and the PSN ID I'll be using is Shin_Roh
And my team mates ID is GTP_Crispy74

Together we are:

teamtech.png

:lol:

Not able to make the race AGAIN. Real life comes up with its duties I suppose.

I'll try and make the next one...

Latest Posts

Back