FIA GT1 World Championship | NELJACK IS WORLD CHAMPION

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 951 comments

Are you getting the Spa DLC?

• Yes, and I will have it in time for the FIA GT1 Spa race.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No, but I do not mind sitting that race out.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No and I do not want it on the calendar.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
6341481266_eb69a6c92c_z.jpg

If i have got it wrong can someone just tell me and ill change it.

I hope you dont mind a bit of contructive criticism, but yes I agree, the start could of been better.

I know myself that its sometimes a stretch to get things organised well in advance, but leaving something as important as the start until the actual lobby was bound to cause problems. I think if you're going to do rolling starts, you should do them the same way at every race. Personally I'd go for F1 safety car restart style. Single file, 70mph limit. Pick two designated points on the lap somewhere close to the final corner where the leader may start the race. Leader can floor it anywhere between the two markers and overtaking is not allowed until after the final corner. Whatever way you decide, the rules of the track and the start should absolutely be decided and posted way in advance of the race. It was very confusing tonight. And not just for me, but guys apparently who raced here the first two events.

Also I apologise for any contact I caused in the race, but the lag was terrible! I mean really bad. Not a single car was driving smooth and clean. When I was in close proximity to anyone, I was thinking I was driving in a gap but a split second later I had a car in my face and I've made contact. It happened a couple of times. Most of the time I wasnt driving to my potential in a crowd because I couldnt guarantee where the other cars actually were. It was frustrating, especially on the straights. No one likes to hear it, but maybe Dax's connection just isnt good enough to host race meetings. I made a post about how to get a better connection on the previous page however, so you should follow that before taking any action. That said, the racing would be better for everyone if you did some proper testing to see whos connection was best. It makes such a dramatic difference on track.

Its only friendly advice anyway so take it or leave it. I actually had fun this evening, even though I dont think I ever had a chance to win. When I looked at the replay the area that the GT40 has an absolutely MASSIVE advantage is in tyre wear. Personally I dont think the GTR or Lamborghini stand a chance (then again I do hate 4WD), but the Corvette and the GT are definetely in the same zone at least. Maybe I just needed more preperation. My car only had 40 miles on it before I came to the race, and literally the only tuning I did was lower the rear toe slightly and put a bit of camber on. Oh and shortened 3rd gear a bit. Left everything else stock, so maybe I can tune the Vette to be better on its tyres for Suzuka.

In the end I let myself down at Daytona. Made far too many mistakes. Most because I was distracted by lag, but some completely by my own doing. I will do better next time, and I know my team mate will think the same. Nice to see RohpyTech on the board though, but we'll be looking at moving up the standings next week :sly:

Thanks again guys. See you at Suzuka 👍

Sorry, but I have no idea how bad my lag is until someone else tells me...:indiff:...and my brother was on the laptop, and he was bitching and whining when I moved the modem into my room...it would've been twice as bad if I made him switch it off.

I was going to have a bit of a practice session today, does anyone have any lap times for me to aim for? Online or offline?

I was going to have a bit of a practice session today, does anyone have any lap times for me to aim for? Online or offline?

Online, if you go offline the physics are different, which makes offline practice useless...

Thanks for the tip mate. However I usually go faster than my best lap in the race than in practice. Maybe its because fuel is low, but I think offline practice just simulates the best conditions. Online acheives best conditions for maybe 2 or 3 laps when fuel is right and tyres are at their optimum grip level and temperature.

Its true that if you only practice offline though, you will find it very difficult on cold or worn tyres. Almost unmanagable.

Didnt get around to practicing anyway, hope to get on track soon and I'll post up some early laps or splits when I get them 👍

A bit off topic, but I am planning on setting up an endurance race in the near future. The race would probably be about 2 hours long, not sure what the rules would be as of yet though.

Here's an idea Dax - a Skyline GT-R R32 TC enduro. :D

^ Yeah, that could work.

Will have to decide on car and track next. May make it a monthly thing too. Was thinking maybe have something like nurburgring bmw challenge, or monza ferrari challenge etc...

I'd love an enduro. Make it 3 hours 8).

And go with the TC's :D

Bmw, Integra, antenza, altezza, prius, CRZ, Lancer, Subaru, Gathers Civic, Opera S2000 04', Spoon S2000. ETc.?? haha

Back