Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm having some trouble adding photos to the OP. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Let's see if they work here.

Exhibition Race Results:

ExhibitionRaceTokyo.jpg

EDIT 1: DANG IT! Red X's. Photobucket hates me.

EDIT 2: Well, that's 3 strikes. What am I doing wrong? The code with spaces:
url]

EDIT 3: We'll try ImageShack

EDIT 4: Now they're working, weird.

Last edited:
Darn,rubbin salt in the wounds,Im feelin worse and worse for missin the first race.:( The race day was was actually sunday for me,didnt realise till late...

Well apparently ImageShack has love for me.

I'll do some playing today and get some updates in the OP. On my to do list:

Technical Form - Ford GT
Technical Form - Ferrari 430 Scuderia (still in testing)
Technical Form - Corvette Z06 (still in testing)

Sorry Phil, I meant "playing" while at work; photoshop, excel, etc. :)

Put up a Statistics page in the OP, check it out. Copied from the FIA GT3 webpage. Give the guys that might not be fighting at the front of the pack something to strive for. Maybe I'll do some more awards for the different catagories.

Well apparently ImageShack has love for me.

I'll do some playing today and get some updates in the OP. On my to do list:

Technical Form - Ford GT
Technical Form - Ferrari 430 Scuderia (still in testing)
Technical Form - Corvette Z06 (still in testing)

Ford GT is complete and up in the OP.

Tier,how consistent are the race leaders laps?I read just now on R246 the Audi dipped into the 1.43's,whereas my Corvette tested in my lounge can only Muster a 1.46 at best and put down consistent 1.47's.Am I in trouble?Then again it's only been a 30min stint and am tweaking settings to the suspension.The car is no faster than before but more "fun" and has more balanced tyre wear.Then again,that paticular R8 seems much faster than the other R8's in the field.Ah I dunno.

Tier,how consistent are the race leaders laps?I read just now on R246 the Audi dipped into the 1.43's,whereas my Corvette tested in my lounge can only Muster a 1.46 at best and put down consistent 1.47's.Am I in trouble?Then again it's only been a 30min stint and am tweaking settings to the suspension.The car is no faster than before but more "fun" and has more balanced tyre wear.Then again,that paticular R8 seems much faster than the other R8's in the field.Ah I dunno.

The Corvette is going to undergo some changes to its tech form so be on the look out.

MtBer's 1:43 was an excellent lap, but as the results show, it all depends on the driver.

Practice room open:
1472-6118-4130-9225-7500
Closed

wow 7 hours... was a good one...

Last edited:
BOSS Mustang
Curious as to who pitted and who didn't. Maybe something you could add to the race stats.

I didn't mtber didn't as well. I think we should force a minimum pit stop I know my tires performed much more worst when they wear down. Medium tires keep there overall grip level much higher.

I didn't mtber didn't as well. I think we should force a minimum pit stop I know my tires performed much more worst when they wear down. Medium tires keep there overall grip level much higher.

Yea I think we should have to pit once. Makes it more interesting if you screw your pit strategy up... Which has happened to me numerous times.

Well if we end up running the full 60 min race instead of the two 30 min it would open up a little strategy maybe even for fuel, don't know didn't check my fuel at the end of the race, but didn't get any in the pits, obvious I didn't need it for a 30 min race. You'd have to pit at least once in a 60 min race. As far as grip the RUF with med. drops off big time at about 75% wear. Probably cause of the rear engine layout, you lose this car 2 biggest assets, braking and grip coming off the corner. Especially braking. On fresh tries this thing flat out drops anchor under braking. Don't know about Tier but I was making up serious ground under braking at Akasaka entering the front stretch and at the end of the straight coming into turn one especially. That's why I slammed right into Quiinten one lap coming into the 1st turn. He even had a little room on me but I just wasn't ready for him to brake that early, I wasn't even thinking about braking yet, next thing I knew there his brake lights but I didn't react quick enough and I was in his draft and carrying a lot more speed and ended up punting him. I felt real bad about it too, last thing I wanted to to do, still bugs me. Slowed down and he got the position back and after that I pitted and I think he did next lap and we ended swapping positions back and forth the rest of the race. Just 0.057 he got me at the line.

Last edited:
That's why I slammed right into Quiinten one lap coming into the 1st turn. He even had a little room on me but I just wasn't ready for him to brake that early, I wasn't even thinking about braking yet, next thing I knew there his brake lights but I didn't react quick enough and I was in his draft and carrying a lot more speed and ended up punting him. I felt real bad about it too, last thing I wanted to to do, still bugs me. Slowed down and he got the position back and after that I pitted and I think he did next lap and we ended swapping positions back and forth the rest of the race. Just 0.057 he got me at the line.

Yeah careful with that draft approaching turns. While practicing, I've punted MtBer a few times. Funny thing, never done that IRL, but anyways, been experimenting with my minimap on 1 to see everything around me, but can't see where the turns are coming when bumpdrafting. I suppose the draft in GT5 is more surreal...

Great day of Practice today. 7 hours, wow... Nice turnout from GT1/2 and 3...

Pics coming soon in the GTPFIA League Page...

Yeah careful with that draft approaching turns. While practicing, I've punted MtBer a few times. Funny thing, never done that IRL, but anyways, been experimenting with my minimap on 1 to see everything around me, but can't see where the turns are coming when bumpdrafting. I suppose the draft in GT5 is more surreal...

Great day of Practice today. 7 hours, wow... Nice turnout from GT1/2 and 3...

Pics coming soon in the GTPFIA League Page...

Yea that draft gets out of control pretty easy haha. I usually let go of the throttle for a bit before the braking zone so I can brake properly or at least try to :D.

Yea that draft gets out of control pretty easy haha. I usually let go of the throttle for a bit before the braking zone so I can brake properly or at least try to :D.

Be especially careful about this at Monza guys. Coming into Rettifilo (1), Roggia (3), Ascari (7) and Parabolica (8). Everyone knows the rules regarding gentleman racing. If you do happen to punt someone and they go out on the beach at Parabolica, it is your responsibility to yield that position back to them even if it means losing a number of spots.

Well if we end up running the full 60 min race instead of the two 30 min it would open up a little strategy maybe even for fuel, don't know didn't check my fuel at the end of the race, but didn't get any in the pits, obvious I didn't need it for a 30 min race. You'd have to pit at least once in a 60 min race. As far as grip the RUF with med. drops off big time at about 75% wear. Probably cause of the rear engine layout, you lose this car 2 biggest assets, braking and grip coming off the corner. Especially braking. On fresh tries this thing flat out drops anchor under braking. Don't know about Tier but I was making up serious ground under braking at Akasaka entering the front stretch and at the end of the straight coming into turn one especially. That's why I slammed right into Quiinten one lap coming into the 1st turn. He even had a little room on me but I just wasn't ready for him to brake that early, I wasn't even thinking about braking yet, next thing I knew there his brake lights but I didn't react quick enough and I was in his draft and carrying a lot more speed and ended up punting him. I felt real bad about it too, last thing I wanted to to do, still bugs me. Slowed down and he got the position back and after that I pitted and I think he did next lap and we ended swapping positions back and forth the rest of the race. Just 0.057 he got me at the line.

Yeah i know of that bump that doesnt matter m8 i shockt myself to haha. i really dont know why i braked so early the tires are cold and i run on hard tires so the ford likes to spin it in the first lap with cold tires . so i always take it easy . you can better race with good times and not pushing it 2 hard for 30 mins because you gonna make mistakes then. and i hated it that somebody crash in to those thing on the second last corner all off that stuff on the road. the orange and white thing . if you drive over that lol your car gets launcht and you will lose controle :P. but i had a fun race with Boss . he made some mestakes. (sorry for bad english btw ) but i also i only get angry ones on the second corner i thing it was boss he did it he cut me off i was on the inside and he on the outside and he came to the inside and i must brake hard because else i was going into the wall lol . but it was oke i maneged to safe it and then i race with him and i luckely got him on the straight on the last lap hahaha .

Some updates for everyone, listed here and in the OP.

Qualifying:
Qualifying will begin at 15:30PST (UTC-7). Qualifying will be 20 minute open session. Qualifying expires at 15:50PST (UTC-7), all cars shall exit to the pits immediately. Best lap times will be recorded exactly at 15:50PST (UTC-7). Once you are finished qualifying, park off the main track, or exit to the pits and wait for all qualifying to finish. *Do not leave go back to the main menu after you have qualified or you will lose your spot on the starting line.

*This is from the "lessons learned" from Saturday's exhibition race. It took us 45 minutes to qualify 12 drivers using 2 to 3 cars on track at any given time. Even if we bumped that up to 5 or 6 cars on track, we'd still be pushing past 30 minutes. I know it is nice having a clear track to run hard, but it kills our timelines.

Pit Stop
There is a one pit stop minimum per race. All driver's must pit before their last lap.

Last edited:
so tier you going to stick to 2 30min races or you going to switch to a 60min. also what is going to be considered cutting those chicanes at Monza? i notice from racing with others online lots of people like to cut those

so tier you going to stick to 2 30min races or you going to switch to a 60min. also what is going to be considered cutting those chicanes at Monza? i notice from racing with others online lots of people like to cut those

We'll stick with the 30 minute double headers. Maybe next season do two 60 minute races.

I'll have the penalties set to high and everyone should observe the 2 wheels on the track at all times rule.

Penalties set to high still doesn't register the chicane cutting on Monza... I am all for penalties but I'm am the one person that never gets away when bumps happen. I swear one time I was racing online pennies high someone ran into me and I got the 10 second penalty I was furious. Later that same race I was pushed off the road and got penalized for corner cutting... That's just my lucky with it. Hopefully with clean racers I wont run into this kinda of problem with the series.

Going to start and online practice room
1472-4710-9995-5396-1605

When you close a room, please edit your post and strike the room number out.

Thanks...

New Practice Room up:
1472-6681-3716-3554-8689
closed 6 hours, great session, even though I wasn't feeling too good...]

Yeah for Monza, there was a huge debate last week. We finally went with 2 wheels on. includes the red/white, does not include the green. 2 tires on red/white, 2 on green is ok. all 4 on green is subject to challenge by any player, review and penalties if appropriate. Suggest the same here.

Last edited:
MajikTom
When you close a room, please edit your post and strike the room number out.

Thanks...

New Practice Room up:
1472-6681-3716-3554-8689

Yeah for Monza, there was a huge debate last week. We finally went with 2 wheels on. includes the red/white, does not include the green. 2 tires on red/white, 2 on green is ok. all 4 on green is subject to challenge by any player, review and penalties if appropriate. Suggest the same here.

I'm sorry I had so much going I forgot it won't happen again.

Back