Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
good race last night everybody. Sorry if I hit anybody unintentionally, I know I gave Quinten a good wallop in the rear entering t first turn one lap, big sorry man, didn't realize you were gonna brake as early as you did. I think I raced you pretty clean after that, let me know. You sqeaked by me for 5th at the finish.

Do get a wheel if ya can,might be a lil easier with one:)

Tier 2 Racing
Everyone's cars pretty competitive?

I was hesitant for the Ferrari and Corvette to run on hards, but got podium finishes from both.

I noticed we did have a few guys go into pit, and I know the BMW did eat up the tires pretty well over 16 laps. Mandatory 1 pit for everyone?

About that the other two ferraris I a watched the replay last night and there cars sound different from mine. I know I'm at spec and I have 349 mile on my car with a fully broken in motor @552hp my best lap last night was 1:45.070 something, I honestly couldn't keep up with the Audi' if it didn't make a mistake. Also I'm running 40 rear downforce instead of 30 I don't thing 10 points made a difference...

This looks interesting. I'd like to join. I might be too late, though. Oh well. Just one quick question: Is there a restriction on tire rims?

I was interested in running a Mustang GT (Red).

The only problem is, I'm afraid that I might not be a good enough driver to be very competitive for you guys. I've never tested out my skills to their fullest. Well, I've done online races before, but against people who, say for the lack of a better term, need improvement. I know I'm good, but may not be good enough. I'm sorry if I am just rambling on like this, just thought you'd like to know. But if it's clean racing, I'm always interested.

<--- PSN located in field to left, under Posts.

EDIT: Also, do you need to come up with a team name?

I'll put you down on the waiting list Stormy. Think I saw you online last night (my PSN is Tanren37, had to bail pretty quick). As the other guys said, wheel choice is up to you, the pictures in the OP are only for example.

As for driver skill, the only prerequisite for this series is understanding and performing under the GTP Online Rules & Regulations (its tacked on the main page).

Some pics from yesterday's exhibition race.

The rush to Turn 1
TokyoR246.jpg

And it's adeadsnipermatt out front. Who's that newb that turned into the wall there in the green RUF? :dopey:
TokyoR246_1.jpg

Niop making a break for it, Quiinten in the chase
TokyoR246_2.jpg

Going two wide through Subway Line, Niop getting in for the photo opportunity
TokyoR246_3.jpg

BOSSMustang coming through Akasaka Mitsuke
TokyoR246_4.jpg

MajikTom looking chrome
TokyoR246_5.jpg

Niop through Subway Line (love that orange!)
TokyoR246_7.jpg

Quiinten through Subway Line
TokyoR246_8.jpg

Tier 2 going wide, Diego holding him off with some great defensive skills 👍
TokyoR246_10.jpg

The fight up front - adeadsniper, Quiinten and MtBer
TokyoR246_11.jpg

Clean racing - Quiinten and Niop battling for third, great job keeping it clean there guys
TokyoR246_12.jpg

Our race winner coming through Akasaka Palace!
TokyoR246_9.jpg

Great pics there Tier! And I love how the tyre is coming though the fender on my Vette as I go though the Subway Line.

You can use any rims you like. Also we aren't officially running teams. You can have a team name and team mate for fun. I believe we have team silver so far for the two chrome Audi's.

Thanks for the input. Anybody want to be my team mate? lol

I'll put you down on the waiting list Stormy. Think I saw you online last night (my PSN is Tanren37, had to bail pretty quick). As the other guys said, wheel choice is up to you, the pictures in the OP are only for example.

As for driver skill, the only prerequisite for this series is understanding and performing under the GTP Online Rules & Regulations (its tacked on the main page).

Thanks man. Yeah, I remember seeing you too. You didn't stay long. I also reviewed the rules and I can follow them, no problem.

Last edited:
So for example I set the auto at 205 speed but change my final gear ration so I top out at 180 mph?

As I understand it we cannot change the top speed. Changing the final drive ratio automatically changes your top speed when you click the OK. So in reality if Tier says U must retain the 205 top speed U can't change the final drive or the top gear ratios. Just gears 1 thru 5 or 1 thru 6 if there are any 7speeds in the field. However, I think you might also be able to set the top speed a little higher or lower and then change the final drive and top gear etc. to bring it back to the 205 top speed.

Trust me I understand your dilema as the RGT with 480HP is never going to see anywhere near 205MPH. Going down the Nurb's straight I could barely muster up 180. On the Tokyo track last night I get into 6th gear only for about 2 or 3 seconds before Turn 1 and thats if I got out of the last hairpin good. If not, I barely even touched 6th gear.

As I understand it we cannot change the top speed. Changing the final drive ratio automatically changes your top speed when you click the OK. So in reality if Tier says U must retain the 205 top speed U can't change the final drive or the top gear ratios. Just gears 1 thru 5 or 1 thru 6 if there are any 7speeds in the field. However, I think you might also be able to set the top speed a little higher or lower and then change the final drive and top gear etc. to bring it back to the 205 top speed.

Trust me I understand your dilema as the RGT with 480HP is never going to see anywhere near 205MPH. Going down the Nurb's straight I could barely muster up 180. On the Tokyo track last night I get into 6th gear only for about 2 or 3 seconds before Turn 1 and thats if I got out of the last hairpin good. If not, I barely even touched 6th gear.

Really, I've never played with the ratios, I always just set the top speed and roll. The 205 rule is there just to keep the big horsepower guys from walking away on the long straights.

How did you like the RUF @ 480hp BOSS? When I was battling with Diego in the M3 yesterday we stayed pretty close on the straight. Even when one of us had the slip stream it was a still a tight pass.

Really, I've never played with the ratios, I always just set the top speed and roll. The 205 rule is there just to keep the big horsepower guys from walking away on the long straights.

How did you like the RUF @ 480hp BOSS? When I was battling with Diego in the M3 yesterday we stayed pretty close on the straight. Even when one of us had the slip stream it was a still a tight pass.

Everyone seemed pretty evenly matched, Maybe a slight edge for the Ferrari but I'm gonna reserve that statement for now cause I know adead practices on that track a lot, been there with him a few mornings and once he's got a lead he's damn fast on that track.

I muffed up my Qualifying big time. 1'46 something the 1st lap and when trying to get it better I spun out on the 2nd so I started in 11th place.

You didn't pit, how were your tires a the end. I pitted on lap 10, had about 50% wear. I didn't want to take the chance cause this car gets pretty tail happy once the rears get to about 75% wear. I really don't think it made much difference as I entered pits in 5th and finished 5th so. Also I got your PM, will try to clean it up as much as I can but I can assure I read the Online rules and didn't do anything intentional.

Actually not sure if I finished 5th or 6th. Could've sworn that at the last instant Quiinten got me and I saw 6th but but the pic a couple pages back shows me in 5th. We were neck and neck at the line. I was ahead of him coming out of the hairpin leading into the straight but I knew he'd pull up on me in the draft. Thought he squeaked it out.

Hey GTBoss disregard that picture I took it too early. I will retake another one soon. Also I felt like I did ok for the race last night I honestly can't talk for other drivers but I'm glad I had some practice on that track. I had to push my car like crazy to keep my times down to 1:45's the Audi I was chasing was putting down consistent 1:44's I squeezed out the win by luck honestly. If we stuck to Medium tires the Ferrari will be flying lol but it's too fast for the field. Also I am thinking I'm going to go the 787B route with my gears and gear it like a 5 speed lol!!!

Actually not sure if I finished 5th or 6th. Could've sworn that at the last instant Quiinten got me and I saw 6th but but the pic a couple pages back shows me in 5th. We were neck and neck at the line. I was ahead of him coming out of the hairpin leading into the straight but I knew he'd pull up on me in the draft. Thought he squeaked it out.

You finished 6th BOSS. You had 29:24.492, Quiinten 29:24.437, very close.

I'll have access to photoshop tomorrow to post up the results page.

Hey GTBoss disregard that picture I took it too early. I will retake another one soon. Also I felt like I did ok for the race last night I honestly can't talk for other drivers but I'm glad I had some practice on that track. I had to push my car like crazy to keep my times down to 1:45's the Audi I was chasing was putting down consistent 1:44's I squeezed out the win by luck honestly. If we stuck to Medium tires the Ferrari will be flying lol but it's too fast for the field. Also I am thinking I'm going to go the 787B route with my gears and gear it like a 5 speed lol!!!

Lap record goes to MtBer in the Audi with a 1:43.787

That's a great lap.

Tier 2 Racing
Lap record goes to MtBer in the Audi with a 1:43.787

That's a great lap.

Yeah it's very fast I just don't like the oversteer braking or throttle. The 430 is very balanced now with some tweaks.
Tier I just want to know what is and is not allowed for the Ferrari.

Wow sorry bout that statement man, should've taken a closer look at the times, didn't even realize you were duking it out with the Audi. Thought you had everyone pretty good. Blury pic I thought you had him by 8 sec., now I realize after seein that fast lap I was wrong. So it looks like everyones damn even with a bunch of 1'45's maybe with a slight advantage to the Audi.

BOSS Mustang
Wow sorry bout that statement man, should've taken a closer look at the times, didn't even realize you were duking it out with the Audi. Thought you had everyone pretty good. Blury pic I thought you had him by 8 sec., now I realize after seein that fast lap I was wrong. So it looks like everyones damn even with a bunch of 1'45's maybe with a slight advantage to the Audi.

You should see the replay he led about 9 laps I think I led the first 6. Took the led at the last lap and he even caught up to me last lap even after losing 3 seconds.

Last edited:
MtBeR4LiFe889
Sure did spun out on the hairpin coming up to the last lap.

Yeah you were had an awesome run I see that one lap your crashed into rejecked I lol watching the replay and I ran into him twice lol still your very fast in the Audi I hope I can be a little more on pace with you at Monza. I hope to run some practices with you too.

MtBeR4LiFe889
Sure did spun out on the hairpin coming up to the last lap.

I do want to say sorry for hitting you that lap where you ran I into rejecked I hit the wall because I locked up the brakes I think I tapped you I'm not sure I remember eating the wall then catching up after I pasted rejecked.

I'd say it was a pretty competitive race. 6 makes were represented and 5 different makes in the top 5. Poor Diego was the only M3 that car might need some help, I guess we'll see. Niop was the only Vette but represented well with a podium finish. The other 430's and R8's didn't fair as well as you guys.

Yeah you were had an awesome run I see that one lap your crashed into rejecked I lol watching the replay and I ran into him twice lol still your very fast in the Audi I hope I can be a little more on pace with you at Monza. I hope to run some practices with you too.
I am always down to practice practically any time in the afternoon. If you're still on you want to go pump some laps out at the ring for kicks?

Quiiten eaked me out at the line or Tier and I could've had 2 RGT's in the top 5. There were 4 R8's and 3 430's. So the fact that those makes didn't walk all over everybody shows it's a pretty competitive field. Would love to see a DB9 and Lambo in the next race.

Back