• 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
OK, I may sign up then...
I'm very tempted to just jump in the RUF.
I have to do some testing though.
I'll sign up when I'm ready, if I don't forget lol.

I'm sorry Tier but I still don't have the lap times yet I am hoping I can get them soon I haven't touch the tv since Saturday.

Got the first races fastest lap times
25bd4352.jpg

Hey guys, anyone notice the Nissan GTR GT3 test car pictures? Count me in with the GTR for next season!

Hey guys, anyone notice the Nissan GTR GT3 test car pictures? Count me in with the GTR for next season!

Sounds good. I might be switching to Team Ferrari in the 458 next year, of course the McLaren or the Mercedes might be in the running too.

Been thinking about the McLaren too, kinda hard to choose when I've been such a big GTR and McLaren fan over the years....(err and Corvette too :dopey:)

Hey Tier, there seems to be something wrong with the results page of round 3. Either the images haven't been updated yet, or the image links are not valid.

Yeah I'm with you Tier, I'll probably jump ship to another make next season as well. It's not that I don't like the Ruf but it's a very hard car to drive fast. You have to be almost perfect. Here's my take on it.

Awsome braking and turning into corners and if you get it right through the corners and can get on the gas early its fast.

If you turn in a little early or late the best brakes in the world just can't make up for the loss of momentum and lack of power. Oh and lack of drafting ability.

Add to that, during a race the Bad A** braking is somewhat nullified by the lack of power and the Online Racing Rules. By this I mean it seams I can hardly pull a draft off anybody. Even if I do manage to get a run on somebody when I pull along side to pass sometimes I can't get up along the front of their door before I lose the momentum and they just power back past enough so that I have to obey the Online Rules and give them their line through the corner even though I no I can outbrake them, I dont want people pissed at me for taking their line away when I'm not fully along side them. Online Rules clearly state that they have the (right of way) unless your up to the front of the their door. Even though I know 75% of the time I can out brake somebody if I'm at their rear wheel I don't want the 25% margin of error getting peoples feathers ruffled. Even though they're probably gonna just draft right back by me after the corner anyway hehe.

An extra 15-20hp and 10-15 lb/ft of tourque wouldn't hurt especially since we don't have any rear downforce. Don't know how much difference that would make but were the only stardard car without aero from GT-Auto. But if you think about it logically, converting to lbs., the Ferrari Scuderia only ways a little more the 100 lbs. more than the Ruf. Most say that in acceleration (100 lbs. = roughly 10hp/10lb/ft torque = 0.1 sec) in a quarter mile. But the Scudy has a 38hp and 28lb/ft advantage. Taking into account that we're not talking about standing starts like drag racing, this gives an even bigger advantage to the heavier more powerful car 'cause it doesn't have to get all that extra mass moving. So I bet we're losing an honest .2 to .3 sec for every quarter mile of acceleration on track. oh well it's a challenge, and I still like the Ruf and enjoy driving it, just wish it was more competitive with the top cars.

BOSS Mustang
Yeah I'm with you Tier, I'll probably jump ship to another make next season as well. It's not that I don't like the Ruf but it's a very hard car to drive fast. You have to be almost perfect. Here's my take on it.

Awsome braking and turning into corners and if you get it right through the corners and can get on the gas early its fast.

If you turn in a little early or late the best brakes in the world just can't make up for the loss of momentum and lack of power. Oh and lack of drafting ability.

Add to that, during a race the Bad A** braking is somewhat nullified by the lack of power and the Online Racing Rules. By this I mean it seams I can hardly pull a draft off anybody. Even if I do manage to get a run on somebody when I pull along side to pass sometimes I can't get up along the front of their door before I lose the momentum and they just power back past enough so that I have to obey the Online Rules and give them their line through the corner even though I no I can outbrake them, I dont want people pissed at me for taking their line away when I'm not fully along side them. Online Rules clearly state that they have the (right of way) unless your up to the front of the their door. Even though I know 75% of the time I can out brake somebody if I'm at their rear wheel I don't want the 25% margin of error getting peoples feathers ruffled. Even though they're probably gonna just draft right back by me after the corner anyway hehe.

An extra 15-20hp and 10-15 lb/ft of tourque wouldn't hurt especially since we don't have any rear downforce. Don't know how much difference that would make but were the only stardard car without aero from GT-Auto. But if you think about it logically, converting to lbs., the Ferrari Scuderia only ways a little more the 100 lbs. more than the Ruf. Most say that in acceleration (100 lbs. = roughly 10hp/10lb/ft torque = 0.1 sec) in a quarter mile. But the Scudy has a 38hp and 28lb/ft advantage. Taking into account that we're not talking about standing starts like drag racing, this gives an even bigger advantage to the heavier more powerful car 'cause it doesn't have to get all that extra mass moving. So I bet we're losing an honest .2 to .3 sec for every quarter mile of acceleration on track. oh well it's a challenge, and I still like the Ruf and enjoy driving it, just wish it was more competitive with the top cars.

I agree not only you lack downforce but I say the RUF need a little more oomph. I chose the Ferrari do to it's stability. Every car I tried is fast(excluding Z4) personally with the Tech form the two fastest cars I tired are the Ford GT and the Gallardo.

The Ford GT is stable but has so much torque that if you floor too early you find yourself backwards.
The Gallardo just has the best power/weight ratio and Corners just a .1-2 seconds slower but like the GT it's fast in the straights.

But in the end it's all about the driving style and what you like to do with your car. Tier has done a fabulous job of balancing them all out.

Has anyone tested in Rome??

What times are you doing, I did some laps last night and running an average of 1:11 mins.

DiegoC1980

DCerinza
Has anyone tested in Rome??

What times are you doing, I did some laps last night and running an average of 1:11 mins.

DiegoC1980

I haven't tested yet I will later today. I may get on soon you online?

Just in time.:)Haven't been on the PS3 in ages,so excuse me if im slow...

Waiting...damn this is taking long.

10 minutes just to connect...And waiting

Last edited:
LOL just saw the replay,Boss's car seemed more formula D than GT3 racer in the first segment.:P
That being said his exit speed was excellent.My car was slow in comparison.:(
Have to apologise for using the Craig Lowndes line at the hairpin though.
You guys really lost alot of time there in the incident though as Mont said.
LOL I just bought a RUF RGT in white.Am gonna spec it for fun.:)

Last edited:
Hey Tier if theres a spot available can I join in with the McLaren? I'm getting roughly on par times at 493hp/1275(or 1300)kg on racing mediums so I'll run with the pack, I'd just like to have a bit of 'developement' time against the other drivers. I wont take points and just remove me from the standings after the race.

I had fun sorry I left suddenly I was on the run and I need to find my line around Rome.

Best lap so far 1:08.648

I barely hit 1.09.0xx. I don't know, but I thought my Mustang would perform better here. It's gotten me worried again.

Don't worry, I had to run too anyways.

I will have a First Run Tomorrow, will probably start a training Server, Should i post the id here (will probably Be somewhere midday German Time so tough Time for u American guys)? BTW. When does the saturday Race Event Start?

Latest Posts

Back