Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
This tracks giving me fits. Tune from Rome is worthless here, turn-in, mid-corner, exit all not good. Worked on it a little practicing with Phill today but didn't have much time. Got it turning in and mid-corner much better and exit better too but only on the first few laps. After say 6 laps I'm all over the place on exit but turn-in and mid-corner still good. Weird thing is my tire wear is even front to rear but it may be just 'cause the front end of the Ruf is light so it don't need as much grip as the rear. If I get the stability on exit it doesn't turn-in and mid-corner stinks this is slower going by the lap times. Have to keep the turn-in and mid-corner good and work on the trying to get the exit better. For now it's fast in and around and start grannying it out after lap 6. Same old problem with that though, if I don't get exit good I'm gonna get eaten alive in between corners, luckily the last turn headed onto the main straight is one corner that I seem getout of pretty good just have to get the apex just right. But the slower corners are killing me.

This tracks giving me fits. Tune from Rome is worthless here, turn-in, mid-corner, exit all not good. Worked on it a little practicing with Phill today but didn't have much time. Got it turning in and mid-corner much better and exit better too but only on the first few laps. After say 6 laps I'm all over the place on exit but turn-in and mid-corner still good. Weird thing is my tire wear is even front to rear but it may be just 'cause the front end of the Ruf is light so it don't need as much grip as the rear. If I get the stability on exit it doesn't turn-in and mid-corner stinks this is slower going by the lap times. Have to keep the turn-in and mid-corner good and work on the trying to get the exit better. For now it's fast in and around and start grannying it out after lap 6. Same old problem with that though, if I don't get exit good I'm gonna get eaten alive in between corners, luckily the last turn headed onto the main straight is one corner that I seem getout of pretty good just have to get the apex just right. But the slower corners are killing me.

The Lion's tune isn't working for me here as well. Switching to the RKM tune, I can put down faster laps more consistently, for some reason it fits the flowing turns of this track.

Tier,guy's,can I please request a clutch upgrade for the car's?With the shorter gears shifting cleanly isn't easy.I get stuck on 4th and 5th alot.

Tier,guy's,can I please request a clutch upgrade for the car's?With the shorter gears shifting cleanly isn't easy.I get stuck on 4th and 5th alot.

If we make the upgrade to one car, we have to do the same to all the others. Would adding the twin clutch be an even performance enhancement for each vehicle or would one model hold an advantage over the others?

If we make the upgrade to one car, we have to do the same to all the others. Would adding the twin clutch be an even performance enhancement for each vehicle or would one model hold an advantage over the others?

Well im using a clutch and shifter which puts me at a disadvantage,shifts arent perfect everytime.
:(

phil bell
Well im using a clutch and shifter which puts me at a disadvantage,shifts arent perfect everytime.
:(

You surprise me every single time lol Your using a G27 right? I have one and it's nearly impossible to heel toe your way down form 5th to let's say 2nd. How have you been this competive all this time? If you were to use ABS and the paddle shifters you will be so much faster. Also on thing in FIA gearboxs, most of them are sequential gear boxes or SMG etc. Which means it would be safe to use the paddle shifters to keep it on the realism side.

I don't want to sound rude or patronizing. I have huge respect your been this completive this how season. I love racing with you and I want to see the possibilities of how fast you can be if you were to try the ABS/paddle shifter route. That's all

On a side note I was trying my shifter out yesterday I think the update helps a little with the miss shifts I go into N much less now. It's still impossible for me to heel toe and left foot brake at the same time. My ferrari is too unstable at corner entery.

Last edited:
Yup,G27.I gotta skip gears,the Vette is actually quite friendly going down and I can use massive engine braking.Yeah they are sequential,if it get's too bad and no dice on the clutch upgrade I may have to use the paddles then.Hope not though as a paddle shifted vette is just weird.:P

I lose most speed not from the lack of abs (though I will admit missed gears cost a ton of time) but from my car's mid corner and exit,just wants to keep pushing the front.On a long bending corner I can lose as much as 0.3s-0.5s to the car in front.Working on it though so fingers crossed.👍

Yeah left foot braking isn't easy here either but don't have a choice...I'll give it a shot today,maybe the new update will finally cure my shift woes and the new setup will be quick...

In retrospect I should have grabbed myself and F430 as well.I still like the Corvette alot though.

Last edited:
Yeah. I think so too. While i have Big respect for your driving with clutch; modern gt-3 Race Cars go fully sequential, so its more realistic if you go with the paddles.

Guys I just got news I was hoping to move out later but it's not happening. I will be missing the race next weekend and possibility the following weekend too. I will temporally shut my internet off between the 17th and 20th so I don't know when I can fully get back online. I will still be here on the forums so you will know if I'm truly gone lol

Hey Tier, was just going over the standings when I realized Roberte was just ahead of me in the points standings. At first I thought maybe you forgot to add in his 50 sec. in penalties from Madrid then I realized it was added to that race which in effect amounted to nothing points wise 'cause he would've finished out of the points even without the penalties. So I got to thinking they really should've been added to the first race at the Nurb GP. However, checking that out it wouldn't have made a difference either 'cause you and MT had DNF's which gives him the same position even if you add it to that race. Just kind of erks me that he's still ahead of me and he basically lost nothing from the penalties and got away with pounding on and blocking me for alomost half a race and causing me to possibly lose a position as I was racing with Crab SG for position when he was a lap down. Wish I could rewind time to when I hit him in the hairpin and let him back by after he was beating on me for 2 laps, and at the time I didn't realize he was a lap down and I didn't want to recieve a penalty. Should've just kept going and pleade my case after the race. Just wanted to say that 50 seconds in penalties amounted to basically nothing.

Oh well, I'm making it my mission to finish ahead of him in this championship now so I can feel like I served my own justice.

Guys I just got news I was hoping to move out later but it's not happening. I will be missing the race next weekend and possibility the following weekend too. I will temporally shut my internet off between the 17th and 20th so I don't know when I can fully get back online. I will still be here on the forums so you will know if I'm truly gone lol

That sucks MC, one more good points finish and you pretty much have the championship in the bag. Hope to see you for the finale.

If MC misses both rounds this really could be anyone's to win. The top 6 places are within 18 points and the top 9 within 37. Four good finishes could put anyone at the top of the points.

Hey Tier, was just going over the standings when I realized Roberte was just ahead of me in the points standings. At first I thought maybe you forgot to add in his 50 sec. in penalties from Madrid then I realized it was added to that race which in effect amounted to nothing points wise 'cause he would've finished out of the points even without the penalties. So I got to thinking they really should've been added to the first race at the Nurb GP. However, checking that out it wouldn't have made a difference either 'cause you and MT had DNF's which gives him the same position even if you add it to that race. Just kind of erks me that he's still ahead of me and he basically lost nothing from the penalties and got away with pounding on and blocking me for alomost half a race and causing me to possibly lose a position as I was racing with Crab SG for position when he was a lap down. Wish I could rewind time to when I hit him in the hairpin and let him back by after he was beating on me for 2 laps, and at the time I didn't realize he was a lap down and I didn't want to recieve a penalty. Should've just kept going and pleade my case after the race. Just wanted to say that 50 seconds in penalties amounted to basically nothing.

Oh well, I'm making it my mission to finish ahead of him in this championship now so I can feel like I served my own justice.

And we have to beat the Ferrari's for the Manufacturer's championship! 90 points in 4 races, it can be done.

Tier 2: Any comments about this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5418074#post5418074

and this?

GT4_Test_1.jpg

Anyway to make it 5pm or later? I live in HK so its GMT+8

5pm pst = 9am hk

Nah, just keep the real cars so its authentic :)

Race time is set for 3:30PST, make it if you can.

The "few others" have all been spec'd by FIA GT3, authenticity is what this series has tried to follow since the beginning.

One of the guys tried to get a GT4 series going a few months ago, never really got off its feet though.

The times look very competitive at those specs, nice work.

Something to add: What was your control track? When doing the preliminary testing for this series, I used 6 different tracks for my baseline specs. Some cars would dominate certain tracks while lacking in others, its a tough balance.

Something to add: What was your control track? When doing the preliminary testing for this series, I used 6 different tracks for my baseline specs. Some cars would dominate certain tracks while lacking in others, its a tough balance.

I used Autumn Ring Reverse, so the better handling cars would certainly have an advantage there. I'm going to test them with online physics tonight at Suzuka and see where they sit.

Back